• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
They're probably my favorite band, but that's because I'm weird with music. Whenever I find a song I like I listen to all the other songs by the same band (or at least try to) and end up hating them. Good bands have like one or two good songs for me cause my taste is grab bag really. Linkin Park is the only band that I like a lot of their songs. I do hate or dislike some of their music, but the good outweighs the bad. Plus my favorite song is by them.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
They're probably my favorite band, but that's because I'm weird with music. Whenever I find a song I like I listen to all the other songs by the same band (or at least try to) and end up hating them. Good bands have like one or two good songs for me cause my taste is grab bag really. Linkin Park is the only band that I like a lot of their songs. I do hate or dislike some of their music, but the good outweighs the bad. Plus my favorite song is by them.
OK then it's confirmed you're opinion means nothing.

lol

Joey I bet you would like Rustic Overtones ?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
OK then it's confirmed you're opinion means nothing.

lol

Joey I bet you would like Rustic Overtones ?
Well, you liked Quantum of Solace!

get *****

Also, I don't listen to music extrememly often like everyone, usually just the songs I like. I don't actively go out looking for new things to listen to, SO that's most likely the reason I haven't found more bands with more than one or two songs I like.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
DarkDragoon and Noodles-Totally just downloaded the new Resident Evil remake for the Wii

I'm going to get Conduit next. Having a good 30 games on my portable HD attached to my Wii is amazing.

PS-Quantom of Solace sucked.

And I'm sure the new TF movie sucks too. I loved the first one but I seriously don't think the second one will be good....at all.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Well, you liked Quantum of Solace!

get *****

Also, I don't listen to music extrememly often like everyone, usually just the songs I like. I don't actively go out looking for new things to listen to, SO that's most likely the reason I haven't found more bands with more than one or two songs I like.
lol

yeah I know people who just aren't really into music that much too. I can't really understand it since it's such a big part of my life. :)

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I feel bad. I ws just talking to DD on the phone and he got pulled over by a cop. I'm sorry Nick. Then again, thats your fault son...you made the call. tisk tisk tisk. Kids these days.

So supposedly I think I'm going on another Smash mini road trip.

First stop-DD's house for Brawl + and Melee.

Who is next? Call/txt my cell if you want to play! I'll make a drive if your close to Nick! lol.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Linkin Park isn't as screetchy as that Blood Brother's cover...

I tend to not really like music that labels itself "hardcore."

noodles, I'll be there for Melee, but no bawrl.
Being in a car with Ultimate Jim usually involves some kind of hardcore music playing way too loud. He claims that if I could get by the vocals, I would appreciate the talent in the music, but like how do you disregard in-your-face vocals like that. I can tolerate some of HORSE the Band's stuff, but I generally stay away from Hardcore as well.

I gave it a shot with Dance Gavin Dance. There is a band whose name is alexisonfire (pronounced alexis on fire). And I always screw with him and call them Alex is on fire.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
vocals aren't something I should have to get past, they're something that should compliment the music and make it better.

I also don't like things that are desperately trying to impress me with how advanced/difficult they are. My roommate listens to a lot of metal and always tries to tell me to pay attention to how impressive what each band member is doing is, but I still just want nothing of it. If you do something challenging to make something that sounds good, that's all well and good, but the end result of music is all I really care about and a lot of the stuff that's getting too ambitious doesn't do it for me.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
vocals aren't something I should have to get past, they're something that should compliment the music and make it better.

I also don't like things that are desperately trying to impress me with how advanced/difficult they are. My roommate listens to a lot of metal and always tries to tell me to pay attention to how impressive what each band member is doing is, but I still just want nothing of it. If you do something challenging to make something that sounds good, that's all well and good, but the end result of music is all I really care about and a lot of the stuff that's getting too ambitious doesn't do it for me.
I agree with that, but on the other end of the spectrum I have disliked music based on its simplicity. Like a lot of punk bands used to have repetitive guitar rifts and similarly repetitive drums and that alone didn't interest me. Antiflag is one band my friends tried to get me to listen to and I just hated everything they did.

Everyone should just listen to Bela Fleck and the Flecktones and Explosions in the Sky if they want good sounding talented musicians.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Luxury, a Pro-Starcraft player.

I posted the comic that I took it from on the previous page.

Explanation for those who aren't fully up to date on pro-starcraft:

In the first panel, we see Flash as some digimon character being held by a tentacle with this ridiculous face on, begging LuxuryMon for help. This is pointing out how Flash has been carrying KT Magic NS recently, but that he needs some help doing it.

The second panel is just my avatar, which is Luxury as agumon giving him the finger. Again, the face is priceless and perfect for the scene.

The last panel is Flash cussing him out for being a worthless teammate.

It's hilarious because as soon as Luxury won an individual title, he became absolutely worthless in the Proleague, so the general thought is that his attitude has gone to, "I won a title, **** you guys," which is perfectly displayed in digimon form in my avatar. (I love Luxury, btw, he's def my favorite Zerg when he's not playing like an ***).

Now that I've gotten past the screaming I think HxC vocals compliment the music. I'm a paradox mogwai!

maybe I can transition you... start with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chLNHMJCAhI
MISHON, COMPRETUUUUUU!

it was alright, not too screamy for me, not something I'm crazy about either though.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol

yeah I know people who just aren't really into music that much too. I can't really understand it since it's such a big part of my life. :)
It'd probably be a bigger part of my life if I gave it some time and put some energy into listening to new things since I always love finding new good songs. I suppose one day I will.

Luxury, a Pro-Starcraft player.

I posted the comic that I took it from on the previous page.

Explanation for those who aren't fully up to date on pro-starcraft:

In the first panel, we see Flash as some digimon character being held by a tentacle with this ridiculous face on, begging LuxuryMon for help. This is pointing out how Flash has been carrying KT Magic NS recently, but that he needs some help doing it.

The second panel is just my avatar, which is Luxury as agumon giving him the finger. Again, the face is priceless and perfect for the scene.

The last panel is Flash cussing him out for being a worthless teammate.

It's hilarious because as soon as Luxury won an individual title, he became absolutely worthless in the Proleague, so the general thought is that his attitude has gone to, "I won a title, **** you guys," which is perfectly displayed in digimon form in my avatar. (I love Luxury, btw, he's def my favorite Zerg when he's not playing like an ***).

MISHON, COMPRETUUUUUU!

it was alright, not too screamy for me, not something I'm crazy about either though.
He's the guy that pioneered two (or four?) hatch Hydra isn't he? W/e the build is to get Hydras out ridiculously fast.

noodles

Smash Champion
Me. Definitely. If I'm going to make a trip to Maryland I might as well stay for all events and see results, a BIG Brawl tournament, etc.

I might even enter for Brawl. I'm confident I can make it out of pools.
let me car pool with you XD. course ill give gas money

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I might go to pound 3, buuuut im running the circuit finals around the same time sadly, i might have to move them up to early december or something silly.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I feel bad. I ws just talking to DD on the phone and he got pulled over by a cop. I'm sorry Nick. Then again, thats your fault son...you made the call. tisk tisk tisk. Kids these days.

So supposedly I think I'm going on another Smash mini road trip.

First stop-DD's house for Brawl + and Melee.

Who is next? Call/txt my cell if you want to play! I'll make a drive if your close to Nick! lol.
Yea, you can come over probably. I just have to mow the lawn.

So yea. If you don't read this, I'll text you.
-DD

Lovage

Smash Hero
hi east coast. who wants to team with me at Genesis? i'm looking for a partner, hopefully someone i met at RoM. but i can make exceptions for DARC.

Top Bottom