• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Is it? Every other Batman film is absolute trash (minus maybe the very first one). Nolan is the first writer/director to come along and make something out of the films. Really, did any of you enjoy Batman&Robin or Batman Forever? Ok, extreme examples but still. You know they're gonna attach some far less talented nobody who's gonna do a mediocre job at best. I'll be especially mad if Nolan has no part in the writing, then I'll definitely never see the movie.

SEXY

Smash Cadet
Is it? Every other Batman film is absolute trash (minus maybe the very first one). Nolan is the first writer/director to come along and make something out of the films. Really, did any of you enjoy Batman&Robin or Batman Forever? Ok, extreme examples but still. You know they're gonna attach some far less talented nobody who's gonna do a mediocre job at best. I'll be especially mad if Nolan has no part in the writing, then I'll definitely never see the movie.
i thought the first batman was not very good honestly. Jack Nickelw/e as the joker? was that suppose to be a joke? hes way to serious of a person to play that kind of role imo, even if he tried.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
If you like watching giant robots beat up other giant robots then you'll like TF2.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
You'll like the battles. Trust the scrub who housed you **** it!

SEXY

Smash Cadet
Does no one have comments to me saying Jack Nickelcookie as Joker in the first 1989 batman movie was not a great idea? <_<;;;

also Commisionar Gordan was a fat guy

pockyD

Smash Legend
i dunno, i'd see a lot of movies simply because they're part of an important franchise, even if there's only a 30% chance that it's good

i.e. star wars episode 1 and 2

pockyD

Smash Legend
do you think he did a poor job? do you think he was just miscast (who would you have cast instead)? do you think maybe the joker was even miswritten?

there's a lot of ways to interpret what you're saying

SEXY

Smash Cadet
yeah i guess im being very vague. i think Jack nicholson as a person was not a good choice bc he seems way too serious of a person to play the role of a criminal jokester. i think it was a miscast, idk who id have play as the joker. but Jack nicholson is just way to serious.

SEXY

Smash Cadet
*attempts to explain. im bad at doing that LoL*

by too serious like hmm, well thumbs got it by me disliking his performance. like when Jack would laugh or when he would dance around, it didnt feel like a joker kind of thing but it felt like a jack trying to be less serious

i keep saying serious but im not defining it very well, i suck -_- also im not comparing Jack's joker with HL's joker.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i thought nicholson captured the 'fun-loving' side of the joker really well

his joker laugh wasn't great though, i'll give you that

SEXY

Smash Cadet
^that is true, i guess its just him as a person i cant take serious

and now how about that guy who did the joker's voice in the batman and robin cartoon? u got to admit he did a good job for his voice :-D

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think jim carrey would have been a good goofball joker

and plus it would've spared us all having to see him as the spandex riddler

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
i think jim carrey would have been a good goofball joker

and plus it would've spared us all having to see him as the spandex riddler
I don't know the Joker always sort of had a dark side to him. I can't see Carrey getting that "Evil" part down well. But that is just my opinion.

I really liked the animated series Riddler. He kind of always seemed collected. Even when his plans were foiled he always appeared to be plotting his next scheme as they dragged him to Arkum.

He also forced Batman to be a detective rather than a masked fighter which I always enjoyed. Although the "riddles" were there I still didn't think Carrey's Riddler elicited the detective out of batman in Batman Forever.

SEXY

Smash Cadet
thats scary lol i can never look at the joker from that cartoon again the same way

i think Carry would have been a worse joker, hes way too goofy :3 *continues to be unspesific and use vague terms*

thumbswayup

Smash Master
That's because it was a bad movie.

I remember in the old Batman show an episode where the Riddler trapped him in a bank where there was a safe in the room and sealed all the windows and exits so there was no way out. There was a bomb in the room and it went off, blowing up the entire building. The Riddler thought he won, but Batman appeared behind him in the shadows and got him to admit all the crimes he committed because he wanted to know so badly how he had survived the explosion. But Batman didn't reveal it to him and had recorded their conversation, which was enough to incriminate him so Commissioner Gordon locked him up. The episode ends with the Riddler freaking out in his secluded jail cell yelling, "How did he do it?!?! HOW DID HE GET OUT?!?!" over and over. Right before that Batman tells Gordon he jumped in the safe.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@Pac

Carrey has actually done a few serious roles in which he performed particularly well in.

Also

If you read the CT thread when you guys discuss movies and music, while picturing you guys whacking off to how awesmoe you are.. it's hilarious :D

<3.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
yeah, that's ol' wes for ya. always ending his sentences with prepositions... disgusting

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
But Carrey does play a good crazy person. See "The Number 23." It may not be one of the best performances of his career, but he can definitely play someone who is a basketcase.

Smooth Criminal

.=(Larx)=.

Smash Cadet
wow so today I ate 3 pickles, 5 slim jims, 3 spicy chicken sandwiches, a hot pocket, and a can of mandarin orange. I only used the bathroom once today and all the content in the toilet...was floating. yeah that's right, Floating. I was surprised too.

Top Bottom