• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I used to know NeighborhoodP like 7-8 years ago or so, we both played Yugioh.

In fact, it's kind of weird for me to not refer to him as "Vyse"

EDIT: be sure to tell him "Waboku sucks" if you ever see him :D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
does anyone have a triwing screwdriver?
I doooo...and I broke my controller with it[along with some superglue]. :D

So I'm thinking of getting my hair permanently straightened.

Thoughts?
o_o Lol why would you do that to your hair? That's going to screw with it so badly.

I used to know NeighborhoodP like 7-8 years ago or so, we both played Yugioh.

In fact, it's kind of weird for me to not refer to him as "Vyse"

EDIT: be sure to tell him "Waboku sucks" if you ever see him :D
D: WABOKU IS AWESOME.
-DD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Your hair looks good, Dustin.

Lil: We were there for Sally's 21st birthday and were in fact gambling. I only played the slots a little, but Sally won $75 playing blackjack the next day.

Ryan: We broke up, got back together.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Dave-We should play soon. It's been a long time. Have you talked to Mike lately? I haven't heard from him or Alex in a bit. Alex IM's me randomly sometimes commenting my away messages...but that's about it. I don't drive up there much anymore.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You remember how a long time ago I was posting (and said it irl ever since the sequel was announced) that Transformers 2 would suck because studios rush the script and Michael Bay only cares about visual effects and nothing else? Looks like I was right on the money:

"Screenwriters Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman claim that Michael Bay locked them in a hotel room for a month to write this movie"

A month? Are you ****ing kidding me? Like, seriously, do they not care at all anymore? Good scripts take YEARS to write, even a blockbuster like this should take at least 6 months to make a god **** good story.

Also, notice the release date. This film came out TWO years after the first. Dark Knight came out THREE years after Batman Begins. The fact that T2 was announced IMMEDIATELY after the first one's opening weekened and the Dark Knight took a bit longer to be announced after Batman Begins' word of mouth success makes this fact even sadder. You need MORE TIME to make a sequel good and not rush it out immediately just because it's going to have an auto $150 mill opening weekend.

I don't even want to see this movie anymore, but I already have my tickets for Friday night and looks like I'll be in pain for 150 min. I hate Hollywood and Michael Bay for **** like this.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Sequels to big movies are announced before the first even comes out sometimes. But IMO it was doomed from the start, because TF1 would make a ****load of money, therefore giving Bay carte blanche which is..... a bad thing.

It's like the one movie I would feel bad paying for. I'm going to try and sneak in like Sunday morning or something.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah, that was the basis for what I was saying for the last two years. Bay would pump all the money into visual effects and rush the screenwriters to make ANY story no matter how bad just so the movie could be made asap.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
The first Transformers was good. I went in thinking it would be utter garbage (as the second one appears to be), plus hating Michael Bay, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I was suprised that it was so entertaining. After seeing it two more times I realize it's not as great as I initially thought, but it's still good.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
there was like, what, 5 minutes out of every half hour devoted to the transformers in Transformers?

They were an afterthought in their own movie, completely drowned in a plot involving sooooo many completely useless and shallow human characters who we didn't get two ****s about. I liked seeing what the CGI boys could do with the transformers, but there was not nearly enough of it and I found the rest of it to be complete drivel.

p.s. yes, Meghan Fox is hot, w/e.

noodles

Smash Champion
im glad im not the only one who didnt like the first. when it came out everyone i knew hyped it up XD. i still wanna see the second one though.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
ummmmm

were you guys happy with TF1 or something? I mean, it was pretty with the special effects and Meghan Fox I guess, but the movie sucked major ***, why would you expect anything else from the sequel?
I thought it was an utter piece of dog****. I saw it in IMAX and it was like being punched in the face repeatedly by an entire junkyard.

The trailers for TF2 looked a lot better and I had some small hope but it sounds like they took all the bad parts from 1 and amplified them.

PS Megan Fox looks like you'd get chlamydia just from coming within 2 feet of her

Cort

Apple Head
A woman has twins, and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Amal." The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him "Juan." Years later Juan sends a picture of himself to his Mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband she wishes she also had a picture of Amal. Her husband responds, "But they are twins -- if you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal."

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
A woman has twins, and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Amal." The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him "Juan." Years later Juan sends a picture of himself to his Mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband she wishes she also had a picture of Amal. Her husband responds, "But they are twins -- if you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal."
I've heard that one before.

Yeah I saw it.
Did you like Garden State?
to an extent. it wasn't my favorite by any means, but I didn't regret going to see it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Ok then go see Away We Go with your GF.

It's kind of in the same vein; young people trying to find themselves. I really liked it. The Maggie Gyllenhaal parts are amazing and also the parts in montreal are really good. No spoilers.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I liked TF1 and 2. >_>

I can have a tournament any weekend in July/August do people not want melee/Brawl+/n64 tournaments? Also, if people want to hold some Brawl tournaments at TBG the guy is more than willing to let you stay at the venue. As a matter of fact, anyone that wants to can host any tournament they want there basically.

Top Bottom