• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
o_o I don't really see any of the acting in any of the Star Wars movies to be that exceptional, to be honest.
Well, I never said the others were good, but the first 3 at least didn't make me want to kill every one in the credits not named liam neason or samuel l jackson.

I mean, I guess it was better than 2 and 3 in that it didn't have that ****tard playing aniken, but still, jesus, it was pretty ****ing terrible.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
pof if someone chooses to like a movie or not doesn't mean they have excellent or poor taste.

Quit judging subjective things.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Anyone ever ask to be removed from the player finder list because they weren't ConnectiCut-out for Smash?
LMAO Btree and his horrible puns haha

I don't know about the rest of you, but I found episode II much worse than ep I. Hayden Christensen had one of the worst acting roles I've ever seen. I despised every scene with him in it and the romance between him and Padme. So poorly done. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO poorly done. George Lucas couldn't write a love scene to save his ranch.

But I think the worst line of dialouge in those three comes from ep III, "In my opinion, the Jedi are evil!"

I literally slammed my fist into the seat in the theater out of rage.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Well in episode one when this little 6 year old kid gets into a parked space craft and starts pushing buttons and ends up shooting down like a bunch of enemies, and then he flies around and avoids trained pilots.... I wanted to shoot myself.

I think my favorite line in all of Star Wars is when Leia tells Han, "I love you" and he responds, "I know".

Also, Spaceballs is phenominal.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Everyones list for top ten movies is generally......meh.

The Patriot
Something doesn't compute.

I thought jar jar was an amazing character original
o_o Wow. I actually had suppressed all of my Jar Jar memories. But I thought Jar Jar was entertaining, too. >_>

o_o I don't really see any of the acting in any of the Star Wars movies to be that exceptional, to be honest.
what the **** is wrong with you guys. seriously.

DD the fact that all the actors could completely sell such a cheesy premise and such a cheesy pulp story without once being cheesy is amazing.

I think my favorite line in all of Star Wars is when Leia tells Han, "I love you" and he responds, "I know".
SUCCESS

(This might be an age thing too... need I remind you I was alive when both Empire and Jedi were released)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
SUCCESS

(This might be an age thing too... need I remind you I was alive when both Empire and Jedi were released)
When you say alive, do you mean alive and functional, I.E. not an infant or toddler?

Also, I noticed that a common theme (especially in the first 3 episodes) is that love can ruin everything.

I think Lucas was venting some nerd rage on not having a lot of ladies in his life.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I think Pakman's in his 50s as well
It's kind of weird. My favorite television show, "Macgyver" is from the 80's. I listen to classic rock mostly from the 60's and 70's. Many of my favorite movies(Animal House, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest - forgot that one on the top ten) are kind of older. However, I am into computers and video games which are pretty cutting edge.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Since we were all naming our top ten fav movies yesterday, how about hearing everyone's top ten worst? Or, if you haven't seen enough bad films, what's the single worst movie you've ever seen?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Since we were all naming our top ten fav movies yesterday, how about hearing everyone's top ten worst? Or, if you haven't seen enough bad films, what's the single worst movie you've ever seen?
The Cursed.

Oh, sweet God. The Cursed. That movie was garbage. I mean, c'mon. Why not CGI the **** people that are honest-to-God bipedal werewolves? They were seriously people in wolfman suits. Plus the acting was atrocious; I could honestly find better acting in a B movie.

I don't know what Wes Craven was thinking when he made that movie.

Smooth Criminal

noodles

Smash Champion
i thought it was boring and dragged on for too long. thats just me though

edit:i loved saw2!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
We can never be friends.

The worst movie I've ever seen is Saw 2, with Battle Royale 2 (which I just happened to make the mistake of watching yesterday) coming in a close second.
>__> I'll stay away from Battle Royale 2, then. Had my hopes up.

The Battle Royale manga is pretty cool (disturbing, but cool). Have you seen the first one, Thumbs?

Smooth Criminal

thumbswayup

Smash Master
edit:i loved saw2!
Now I have to kill you.

>__> I'll stay away from Battle Royale 2, then. Had my hopes up.

The Battle Royale manga is pretty cool (disturbing, but cool). Have you seen the first one, Thumbs?

Smooth Criminal
Nah, Korn showed me and a friend it yesterday. He actually thought we'd like it. SOOOOOOOOO bad. I knew it was based on the manga of the same name, but good god, I wish I had seen the first because there's no way it was as bad as the second. Omg it's getting me angry just thinking about it. Honestly, the movie starts with the survivor of the last film declaring war on all adults. WTF IS THAT **** oh and whenever one of the main 42 students dies in the film THEY HAVE A KILL COUNT that is to say they say the names of EVERYONE who dies at a particular moment and how many kids are left alive. This is done EVERYTIME someone dies, hoooooooly **** it was terrible.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Hotfuzz was pretty good. it was no Shaun of the Dead, but it was good.

Off the Top of my Head:
Almost Heroes
Napolean Dynamite
Transporter 3
Crank 2
Babalon AD
Good Luck Chuck
Star Wars eps1-3
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
The Village
Dukes of Hazard

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
explanations as to why I have wasted that much time on ****ty movies

Almost Heroes: Uncle was one of the screenwriters and it was Chris Farley's last movie. My Uncles a funny dude but apparently the director went to town on making the movie as unwatchable as possible

Napolean Dynamite: Heard it was good. It sucked.

Transporter 3, Crank 2, Babylon AD: I enjoy drinking with buddies and watching ****ty action movies, but beyond a certain level of **** is no longer acceptable.

Good Lunk Chuck: I got outvoted 3-1 on a double date T_T

Star Wars Sucky Triology: I dunno, I guess I just felt pot committed after ep 1 which I saw in the hope that it wouldn't suck.

F & F Tokyo Drift: Um, I was just on tilt after a rough day of work ended up watching it on TV, definitely a mistake.

The Village: I had liked M. Night Shyamalan movies up until this point (6th Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs)

Dukes of Hazard: Went to a drive-in in VT with some friends and somehow got outvoted on this as the first movie...

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Has anybody seen Primer? I watched it last night and it hurt my brain.

Top 10 11 12:

O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Léon (The Professional)
Children of Men
Sunshine
Fight Club
Pulp Fiction
Sin City
Full Metal Jacket
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Speed Racer
Dogma
The Princess Bride

Bottom 10:

Max Payne
Max Payne
Max Payne
Max Payne
Max Payne
Max Payne
Max Payne
Max Payne
Max Payne
Max Payne

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
LOL @ outvoting stories. that sucks.

edit: DAVE I LOVE YOU your list is awesome. Sunshine is so underrated... a lot of people hate the last 1/3 (you know what I'm talking about) but I loved it. Also speed racer was aaaaamzing

Top Bottom