• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I did! It's apparently some liquid. Everyone was saying ew though, so I guess I'm just the only one who doesn't know what it is.
It's a little container. You use it to pour a saline solution into your nasal passages to clear your sinuses of mucus. Part of the sentence was hyperlinked.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
My finals start this week, i do not want to take my diff eq final. I don't know like any of the material lol. We only have 3 tests and a final so all i did was study alot the night before the tests so I don't know anything >.>

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
**** it Pakman, you got me.

@Aiser, I had to make it more than 10 characters. I wanted to just say "Lol."

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I made the mistake of watching Elfen Lied over the weekend, first anime I'd watched since Gurren Lagann like 4 months ago. It's probable the most disgusting show I've seen. I give them credit for having all these unique ways of tearing people to pieces and the story had some good moments, but overall I felt it was dumb and I didn't care for it. Plus the ending had some annoying contrivances, but I won't get into that. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone really, unless you're interested in watching a VERY explicit show in just about every regard. There's torture, gore, nudity, pedophilia, animal brutality, and a lot of disturbing things involving children. If you want all that at the expense of a good story, then go riiiight ahead and see it. You might regret it though lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
V for Vendetta was a much worse movie after reading the book. I watched it again last night after finishing the graphic novel and I have to say that knowing the book and hating every single one of the changes they made to the story really made it much less enjoyable than I remember the first viewing being.

noodles

Smash Champion
Digital Mayhem is only charging a 5$ venue fee. get at them. my next tournament (which will probably be 1 or 2 months from now) is gonna have melee singles as a side event. we might have to run it amongst our selfs though.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
V for Vendetta was a much worse movie after reading the book. I watched it again last night after finishing the graphic novel and I have to say that knowing the book and hating every single one of the changes they made to the story really made it much less enjoyable than I remember the first viewing being.
That's ashame. I really like V for Vendetta. When I like a movie like that I know reading the book is going to ruin the movie.

However, as an exception to this rule, Fight Club was a very good interpretation of the book in my opinion.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

_V_

Smash Ace
I read the graphic novel first and liked the movie better haha. I thought they did a great job!

@the Netipot thing, my sister has used one for years and says it is the greatest remedy for allergies she has ever used.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I read the graphic novel first and liked the movie better haha. I thought they did a great job!
gah, what!?!?!?

I'm sorry, but seriously, Evey in the book works so much better. In the movie, she is unrealistically pure and neither does nor thinks of doing anything to give her any depth. There is no struggle for her to do the right thing, she just always does it.

And the whole romantic subtext in the movie is ridiculous and takes away the actual point that V is the idea, not the man. And while I can totally get behind reducing the roles of side characters in the interest of doing the main story justice, I just felt that they cut the side stories from the novel in the interest of developing the bull**** romance which could have been omitted in the interest of actually developing Evey outside of the context of falling for V.

_V_

Smash Ace
gah, what!?!?!?

I'm sorry, but seriously, Evey in the book works so much better. In the movie, she is unrealistically pure and neither does nor thinks of doing anything to give her any depth. There is no struggle for her to do the right thing, she just always does it.

And the whole romantic subtext in the movie is ridiculous and takes away the actual point that V is the idea, not the man. And while I can totally get behind reducing the roles of side characters in the interest of doing the main story justice, I just felt that they cut the side stories from the novel in the interest of developing the bull**** romance which could have been omitted in the interest of actually developing Evey outside of the context of falling for V.
See I never thought she actually fell in love with him in the movie...and I found the making her a bit more pure, haha, then what is portrayed in the novel to not take away from the story or the point at all. How I saw their relationship in the movie was pretty similar to how I saw it in the book. Yeah, they try to play up a love story, but they had to to make the movie universal. The love, however, I never saw it as Evey falling in love with V, but more so understanding that he was an idea and being in love with that. I really liked Evey's character in the movie and thought it was the acting that gave life to her character rather than needless side-plots, back-story, and stuff...

BUT, I did read the novel first, so I can't claim to think that that did not affect how I saw the movie. I knew everything before I sat down, so i could just enjoy it I guess!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
She ****ing kisses him and the first quote in the movie closes with: "but you cannot kiss an idea, cannot touch it, or hold it... ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss, it is a man... A man that made me remember the Fifth of November. A man that I will never forget." I also believe this is the last quote, but the final cut of the movie appears different from the scripts I can find online which makes it impossible for me to verify.

*shrugs* I really can't get over how they have changed that character. I feel it warped the story in a way that it shouldn't have been warped.

_V_

Smash Ace
lmao, oh **** you're right. I forgot about that quote...lamesauce :(

Well I am going to pretend that quote does not happen, so I can continue living in my happy world :)

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I made the mistake of watching Elfen Lied over the weekend, first anime I'd watched since Gurren Lagann like 4 months ago. It's probable the most disgusting show I've seen. I give them credit for having all these unique ways of tearing people to pieces and the story had some good moments, but overall I felt it was dumb and I didn't care for it. Plus the ending had some annoying contrivances, but I won't get into that. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone really, unless you're interested in watching a VERY explicit show in just about every regard. There's torture, gore, nudity, pedophilia, animal brutality, and a lot of disturbing things involving children. If you want all that at the expense of a good story, then go riiiight ahead and see it. You might regret it though lol
I watched this recently as well and liked it a lot. I guess it just takes an awful amount of s brutality to shock me at this point because i didn't find it all too revolting.

pockyD

Smash Legend
why are you doing spoiler tags on a movie that's like 4 years old

it's not even a twist that you're talking about, like bruce willis is a ghost or darth vader is luke's father; it's some abstract themes that you may or may not interpret

as for a movie totally killing the ending of the source material, how about "i am legend"? the book ending was amazingly neat, but the stupid movie ending just closed like a typical zombie movie

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
yea, i remember you telling me about I Am Legend, the book, and I totally agree that that's way way cooler than the movie. I think the movie was really garbs after he killed his dog :ohwell:.

As for spoiler tags I mostly just put them there to spare people who may love the movie and not care to know what the graphic novel had to say about it or people who intended to read the novel but hadn't. I guess in retrospect, it probably didn't matter to put them though :p.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
The I Am Legend audiobook is spectacular (pure chance that I randomly listened to it) and from it I can tell that the book is much better than the movie, and I liked the movie quite a bit.

pockyD

Smash Legend
As for spoiler tags I mostly just put them there to spare people who may love the movie and not care to know what the graphic novel had to say about it or people who intended to read the novel but hadn't. I guess in retrospect, it probably didn't matter to put them though :p.
i was expecting some clever joke or reference but instead i got some deep analytical insight

which i wasn't interested in at all!

pockyD

Smash Legend
i meant within the tags originally, not in your explanation

oh well that's enough of this 'subject'

zelda IS sheik

melee spoiled OoT

thumbswayup

Smash Master
incorrect

cmon it had the vanilla coke guy
LMAO this is true

I thoroughly enjoyed TUS.
I found the majority of it boring and long winded. The stories just went on and on and on. The ending made it worth it though. I think that ending is perfectly filmed and absolutely creepy and badass at the same time. **** I think I'll go home and watch the last 5 minutes again.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Die Hard is my favorite Christmas movie.
I hope that is a joke?

Jingle All The Way
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story

and although I made get a comment after this one and i know its a very generic choice, its a wonderful life is pretty epic.

and umm Batman Returns. :)

yeah and V for Vendetta was a great movie but extremely over hyped.

noodles

Smash Champion
50% Diddy Kong
49% Meta Knight
49% Zero Suit Samus
45% Samus
45% R.O.B.
45% Ice Climbers
44% Wario
43% Donkey Kong.
43% King Dedede
42% Marth
41% Pikachu
40% Wolf
40% Peach
39% Sheik
39% Lucario
39% Falco
37% Pokemon Trainer
37% Yoshi
36% Jigglypuff
36% Ike
36% Luigi
36% Captain Falcon
35% Snake
35% Sonic
34% Kirby
34% Link
33% Pit
33% Ness
33% Mr. Game & Watch
33% Ganondorf
33% Toon Link
33% Olimar
32% Lucas
31% Mario
31% Bowser
31% Zelda
30% Fox
27% Solimar
27% You are a scrub.

i need to practice my diddy and zss

http://www.thequizzery.com/quiz.php?id=6263

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lmao questions 20 and 24 apply to me 100%. All I do is spike and grab.

63% Zero Suit Samus
58% Diddy Kong
57% Sonic
56% Sheik
56% Captain Falcon
54% Pikachu
53% Ice Climbers
52% Luigi
50% Samus
50% Peach
49% Fox
48% Ness
47% Donkey Kong.
46% Wario
46% Yoshi
45% Olimar
45% Ganondorf
44% Falco
44% Mario
44% Marth
43% Solimar
42% Lucario
41% Lucas
41% Toon Link
41% Link
40% Kirby
39% Jigglypuff
38% Meta Knight
37% Bowser
37% Pit
37% Pokemon Trainer
36% Wolf
33% Ike
33% R.O.B.
33% King Dedede
32% Snake
30% You are a scrub.
30% Zelda
24% Mr. Game & Watch

LOL at my main being number 2 with 58%. I would never main anyone else in that game.

Top Bottom