• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Spawn, important notice: I advise we do the next RR on March 8th instead of 7th, as it is a Sunday and I believe more people are available (specifically Swiftbass) on that day. Any objections? or simply concur.

edit-i got you're pm noodles, sorry, i had work all day :(

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I've always called the "emerald" or "green" controller "teal." I'm dumb I guess <_<

Mine is currently Emerald/Clear with a purple end, but the control stick is broken (anyone who has played against me knows what I'm talking about, I have to constantly hold Y+X+Start over and over again until it stops drifting). To rectify that, I got a white controller online (hasn't arrived yet), but I plan to keep the Emerald/Clear, I just need to gut the white controller, cut the rumble, and put it in my old shell.

BTW, cutting your rumble is a really good time saver, since you no longer have to turn rumble off via backtracking through the menu. You can alternatively remove the rumble entirely, but the controller takes a drop in weight...it felt really uncomfortable for me, Darc seemed to like it for his controller though. The only problem is you lose rumble in other games, but I didn't mind that loss because I generally only play 1P GCN games with a wavebird anyways (on top of not having played a 1P GCN game in a long, long time...)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hip Hop is usually the stuff you hear on the radio.(Examples include: Hot Stylez, Lil Boosie and Lil John)
Rap is more serious and has more serious lyrics.(Examples include: Bone Thugz n Harmony, Common)
i am tempted to revoke your black status

Khaly

Smash Cadet
NO NO NO NO NO.

hip hop is a CULTURE, with a music subcategory

rap is a type of music.

most people agree that rap is hip hop music, though many hip hop purists say that rap is not what it used to represent. this is why "old skool" rappers often represent the way hip hop used to be.

rap is merely rhythm and poetry. you can have hip hop music without rap.

noodles

Smash Champion
<3 <3 <3

Stop it Lil. :mad:

My RR Results:

Ercichewman- 2-0
SEXY 2-0
Axel 2-0
Trademark 0-2
Mike $ 0-2 (I played extremely well against him, despite the loss. Both matches were extremely intense. I choked hard, but was impressed with how well I played overall.)
Aesir 0-2 (This made me sad. Him and I are generally back and forth usually and I was nervous playing him because he was my first opponent. Whatevs though. I'll do better next time.)
SPAWN 0-2 (Marc is a homo)
Brookman 0-2 (Mike sandbagged some people but I specifically asked him to try hard and to not hold back...and he did just that.)
Papito 2-1 (Best set of the day.....by far.)
G 0-2 (This set pissed me off because he spammed spot dodge and I kept falling for it and I was playing dumb.)
Jam 0-2
JV 1-2 I should have won this in my opinion. I need to play Peach more so I can start seeing why Marth ***** Peach. I don't see it yet....

In other news V and Nus as a team would be **** and trademark and mike $ I'm sure are an excellent team.

I think that hosting a Melee and Brawl or a Brawl and Melee tournament is really dumb unless it is a big tourney such as Mass Madness, Genesis, or some big well known tourney....I'd say either go all out Brawl or all out Melee.

DD and Noodles-Getting back into Brawl I see? Between some of my classes at school I've been actually playing Brawl because my friends have it on campus. I run them all day so its fun to **** scrubs. Its a fun game as I've said before, but I've lost all interest to play it competitively. There is a tourney coming up at Quinnipiac that my friend Jason is running so I will be entering doubles with him in that to help support him and help him setup with the tourney, etc etc. I just can't take the snake, MK, camping, and simplicity bull**** in that game to a high level anymore.

-POF

Edit-Yeah, I'm going to go see KevinM and Zoso I believe in about a week or two. Time to start playing some different people and learning different matchups more. I pretty much have Falcon, Fox, and Falco drilled into my skull. I really want to learn more about the jiggs, Sheik, Peach, Ice Climbers, and Samus matchups.
:mad: i never quit. it just seems like it because i only play the game before a tournament to make sure i get paid.

oh and i know about that tournament
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220195
:D

aiser you played against the same people everyone listed, no johns

also did mike$ go peach the entire time?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
A day in the life of the Hayes' household

Dazwa070 (8:55:22 PM): melee melee brawl wouldn't be too bad actually, but brawl people seem to not stay late to begin with so to maximize ppl they have to run it earlier
Darcwing Dukk (8:55:37 PM): yeah
Darcwing Dukk (8:55:58 PM): it'll go passed their bedtime
Darcwing Dukk (8:56:02 PM): LOLLLLL JK
Darcwing Dukk (8:56:06 PM): too hard to pass up
Dazwa070 (8:56:13 PM): ***** i'll knock you out at 4:30 that'll be your new bedtime
Dazwa070 (8:56:19 PM): eat a **** ***, xfd darc sucks milk
Darcwing Dukk (8:56:28 PM): dickmilk
Dazwa070 (8:56:36 PM): dickmilktea
Darcwing Dukk (8:56:48 PM): dickmilktease
Dazwa070 (8:56:54 PM): dickmilkTEASE NUTS *****
Darcwing Dukk (8:57:11 PM): dickmilkTEASE NUTS *****S
Dazwa070 (8:57:37 PM): dickmilkTEASE NUTS *****SAURUS
Darcwing Dukk (8:58:36 PM): dickmilkTEASE NUTS *****SAURUS REX
Dazwa070 (8:59:05 PM): dickmilkTEASE NUTS CYBER*****SAURUS REX
Dazwa070 (8:59:16 PM): dickmilkTEASE NUTS CYBER*****SAURUS REXOCALYPSE
Dazwa070 (8:59:30 PM): I am ****ing entering a tournament as CYBER*****SAURUS REXOCALYPSE
lol I love you guys.

I like the way you think.

Although by that logic my controller would be black/white and be inferior to a pure black one.
You should name your controller Barack

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I have the Luigi Faceplate which comes with a dark blue bottom.

I removed the blue bottom and put on a pearl one. So I have a Green Luigi faceplate and a pearl base so it is a FIREBALL Luigi controller. I recently acquired one of those white controllers with the longer cord (THANKS MOGWAI) I am going to swap the faceplates of the Luigi controller with the one from the white one.

Any one know if you can swap the plugs? I doubt it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
When I was just getting into competitve melee I thought my old controller was too worn out to be good so I bought a new one and promptly spilled ice cream in it, ruining it. I have used my old one since for like over a year and it's still fine. It's black. *shrug*

EC_Joey

Smash Lord

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Uhh you have to name them girl's names
Is hhkj' a girl's name? If so, I'm calling dibs before memphis does.

lol I love you guys.
The only problem is getting the tournament host to announce the name out loud. I can't see it happening anytime soon =( <3 you too

I'm almost positive you can't. Maybe the entire wire? I doubt that as well, although it's been awhile since I've seen the inside of a controller.

<-- Jealous!

Who doesn't want to play with Billy!?

he's so dreamy...
I was immediately reminded of that period of time in TSA where everyone was getting assigned Power Rangers. Good times :D

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Hip Hop is usually the stuff you hear on the radio.(Examples include: Hot Stylez, Lil Boosie and Lil John)
Rap is more serious and has more serious lyrics.(Examples include: Bone Thugz n Harmony, Common)
i am tempted to revoke your black status
plz do
I was actually very serious.
then i'll answer it srsly after class
also did mike$ go peach the entire time?
no he played as the hamster

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
Ride the Hurricane Road Artist formerly known as t
I have the Luigi Faceplate which comes with a dark blue bottom.

I removed the blue bottom and put on a pearl one. So I have a Green Luigi faceplate and a pearl base so it is a FIREBALL Luigi controller. I recently acquired one of those white controllers with the longer cord (THANKS MOGWAI) I am going to swap the faceplates of the Luigi controller with the one from the white one.

you can but it doesn't end well so i wouldnt recommend it

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I didn't say Ally was bad, he seems like an extremely competent player. It's just funny as hell to see people choke on his nuts over Barlw as he destroys some really crappy player.

It's kind of funny, though. The amount of Barlw players I've met in person over this internet driven community are 95% complete ****ing idiots, and this topic kind of demonstrates it. Just a thought.
Why do you write Barlw Cort?
Oh, and holy crap, I used to live semi-near Cort, lol.
because it's the sound of someone throwing up
lolololololol

and no homo only goes SO FAR

Top Bottom