• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Explain how plox. I'm about to buy a 360 for $150... with no harddrive. I would much rather have a PS3 for 200. Explain yourself sir!
I demand more information regarding this situation.
>_>

It's quite simple. One of my closest friends works as assistant store manager at a local Gamestop. Some random guy came in and decided to get rid of his PS3 for something else (I can't remember). An underling of my friend decided to go "underhanded:" He was going to buy the console outright from the customer and not put it in the store's inventory. Of course, with this sort of thing a "meet and greet" is required outside of the premise---not only was the guy still on the clock, but he got fun canceled when he called his wife about this really good deal. She flat-*** told him no.

My friend was under no such jurisdiction. He got off ten minutes later and met up with the guy at his apartment. Bam. Two hundred bucks later, the friends texts me and informs me that I am now the proud owner of a 60 gig PS3. He then resells it to me for two hundred.

<3

It's a sweet deal. I also get VIP treatment when it comes to games/hardware, too. When I thought I was going to get an Xbox, he nabbed a free 20 gig hard drive for me.

So it pays to have connections.

Smooth Criminal

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm pretty sure I'm adding doubles to the tournament, so we can evaluate all of the outrageous claims that have been made in this thread.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
hhkj'

i need a good idea on make a usb case. I took apart one of my usbs and want to make an illn case for it.

i think i might try and take apart this ****ty mp3 player i have put both of them into something. i just don't know what yet. I made an altoid case for the usb but its lame and am sure its been done before.

i was originally going to do a bar or soap but thats stupid

'ZeD'

Smash Rookie
Currently: New York. Actually: Rhode Island
@ Baka

Yeah, you can actually find a bunch of sites with random starcraft key generators that will let you play on bnet. The only problem is you lose chat privileges in channels, but you can still talk in game (not bad at all).

Also, do y'all play on bnet? If so, I'd love to put my marines back in action, they've been getting bored as of late.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Do we know when the next FMA series begins? I just read the next chapter of the manga and its getting me stoked.
-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
@ Baka

Yeah, you can actually find a bunch of sites with random starcraft key generators that will let you play on bnet. The only problem is you lose chat privileges in channels, but you can still talk in game (not bad at all).

Also, do y'all play on bnet? If so, I'd love to put my marines back in action, they've been getting bored as of late.
I mostly play on iccup, occasionally hamachi, and rarely bnet.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Aight I ordered 5 White Gamecube Controllers for:

Me
Erci
PoF
Spawn
Noodles

Shipping is 2-7 business days with 1 day for processing. They came out to $30 each after shipping.

'ZeD'

Smash Rookie
Currently: New York. Actually: Rhode Island
I mostly play on iccup, occasionally hamachi, and rarely bnet.
Alright, I'll have to try Iccup at some point then, I had some kind of compatibility problem with hamachi and Bnet servers suffer horrendous lag due to the connection I have at the dorm. I'm hoping by some stroke of luck that Iccup will work well.

I guess I should clean the rust off my tanks and vultures before throwing down with you Mogwai. =P

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I like the white because it'll be a brand new controller to my broken-ish old one, and the cord length is great.

I'll probably do a black/white combo or something though. Haven't decided yet.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
My white and emerald green I can't do certain tricks on anymore. I am going back to use the first controller I've ever had which is the black one with the control stick completely chewed up from my rabbit. Haha, nobody else will take it because it hurts people's thumbs just from playing. ^^

Yeah, vnus for life. Oldest CT team that is still together, haha? >_>

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I like the black controller. For obvious reasons.
<3 <3 <3

Omfg, I'M beautiful.
Stop it Lil. :mad:

My RR Results:

Ercichewman- 2-0
SEXY 2-0
Axel 2-0
Trademark 0-2
Mike $ 0-2 (I played extremely well against him, despite the loss. Both matches were extremely intense. I choked hard, but was impressed with how well I played overall.)
Aesir 0-2 (This made me sad. Him and I are generally back and forth usually and I was nervous playing him because he was my first opponent. Whatevs though. I'll do better next time.)
SPAWN 0-2 (Marc is a homo)
Brookman 0-2 (Mike sandbagged some people but I specifically asked him to try hard and to not hold back...and he did just that.)
Papito 2-1 (Best set of the day.....by far.)
G 0-2 (This set pissed me off because he spammed spot dodge and I kept falling for it and I was playing dumb.)
Jam 0-2
JV 1-2 I should have won this in my opinion. I need to play Peach more so I can start seeing why Marth ***** Peach. I don't see it yet....

In other news V and Nus as a team would be **** and trademark and mike $ I'm sure are an excellent team.

I think that hosting a Melee and Brawl or a Brawl and Melee tournament is really dumb unless it is a big tourney such as Mass Madness, Genesis, or some big well known tourney....I'd say either go all out Brawl or all out Melee.

DD and Noodles-Getting back into Brawl I see? Between some of my classes at school I've been actually playing Brawl because my friends have it on campus. I run them all day so its fun to **** scrubs. Its a fun game as I've said before, but I've lost all interest to play it competitively. There is a tourney coming up at Quinnipiac that my friend Jason is running so I will be entering doubles with him in that to help support him and help him setup with the tourney, etc etc. I just can't take the snake, MK, camping, and simplicity bull**** in that game to a high level anymore.

-POF

Edit-Yeah, I'm going to go see KevinM and Zoso I believe in about a week or two. Time to start playing some different people and learning different matchups more. I pretty much have Falcon, Fox, and Falco drilled into my skull. I really want to learn more about the jiggs, Sheik, Peach, Ice Climbers, and Samus matchups.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
omikrondreamer (12:17:53 AM): ok you know how google has suggestions now when you start to type in things for possible suggestions for what you are searching
omikrondreamer (12:24:36 AM): type in without clicking search
omikrondreamer (12:24:49 AM): i am extremely
omikrondreamer (12:24:57 AM): look at the last suggestion
ThumbsWayUp87 (12:25:57 AM): HAHAHAHAAAA
ThumbsWayUp87 (12:25:59 AM): ROFL

Top Bottom