• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol Nus, V pointed you out to me, but you were playing team friendlies (or singles, but a lot of people were around you lol) and I didn't want to bother you while you were playing. Then I lost track of time and I don't think I saw you for the rest of the day haha. Next time I'm there we'll definitely meet up and play.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I did too the first time I heard it.

I suppose I have a different perspective regarding Connecticut, having a family and all. I've never been a person who likes cities, but especially now, all I really want is to get a job where I can buy a house in Bloomfield. That's pretty much my dream place to live. Buying a house in the city almost seems paradoxical.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Not really rural, but it has less than 20,000 people. It's in driving distance of pretty much everything, but there are a couple of concerns I have living there:

1) The racial balance gets skewed more every year. I'd prefer Gabriel to go to a school where there's a better balance (not a FORCED balance, aka magnet schools), but I suppose that's something of a pipe dream.

2) Speaking of schools, one of the reasons that they're the way they are is because Bloomfield gets alot of Section 8 run-off from Hartford, and the white people in town leave. Not to be a jerk, but there's been a noticeable decline in the quality of education in the school system, and it honestly wasn't that great when I was there, so that's something else I'm worried about.

I guess you can't really find one place that has everything you want, but Bloomfield does offer alot of what I'm looking for.

Here's the wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomfield,_Connecticut

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Yah bloomfield is ok, I live there, the school system sucks, nothing is more than a 5-10 minute drive from you, its a little boring at times, but there is nothing really wrong with it... realizing this is pretty much everything jam said so i'm stopping now

btw the cool people you meet heavily out weight the many stupid people but thats the case for everywhere i guess

edit: jam just send gab to private/catholic schools for his edumacation, that how i got learned

Khaly

Smash Cadet
We can make love in the bedroom
floatin on top of my waterbed
I'm kissin' you
Running my fingers through your hair
In the hallway making our way beside the stairs
We can do it anywhere
I can love you in the shower
Both of our bodies dripping wet
On the patio we can make a night you won't forget
On the kitchen floor
As I softly pull your hair
We can do it anywhere (anywhere)

noodles

Smash Champion
Below you’ll find the second official SBR-B Brawl tier list. The previous tier list can be found here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192028

A tier list is an ordered list of the characters based on their competitive value in the current metagame. It basically shows which characters are currently doing well in tournaments. Note that player skill is more important than character choice and match ups can overcome tier differences, but at an equal player level a bottom tier character will usually have a very tough time against a top tier character. This list will probably change over time, as Brawl is still relatively young and the Melee tiers were debated until the very end. So don’t give up on your character just yet, maybe you’re the one to make a difference!

The list was created by the SBR-B after much heated discussion. For the votes, we had members place the characters in groups from 1 to 15 (15 being the highest) and took the average score for each character. The split was decided by looking at the gaps. As the person supervising it, I’d like to thank all SBR-B members who contributed.

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

F Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

This chart shows the score each character got when the votes were averaged. The divisions were placed so that:

1. Gaps between tiers were relatively large, and
2. The spread within tiers was relatively small.

The particular number of tiers isn't special--that's just how the votes ended up. The majority of us believed that using a smaller number of tiers would be misleading, given the results.

If you're interested in the character movement, check out this post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6281052&postcount=118

Expect the next tier list on June 5th.
this list is ********

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD- Mewtwo's too much fun to play against haha I'm so glad I got to play you before my pools matches started and I got horribly ***** by Jman lol. Great to have finally met you, and we must play much more next time.
:D Thanks! You're also a cool cat and the like. I played terribly against you though LOL.

you know what else is close to NYC? NYC. lol but whatever, I've liked some parts I've visited, like Yale and Mystic and that dude who played Sherlock Holme's castle/grounds.
:D AND KILLINGWORTH!

What the hell? Thumbs was there? Why didn't someone tell me? -.-
>_> WTF? NUS WAS THERE? OHWAIT HE WASN'T >:OOOO
<_< Sheesh man, where were you on Day 2?

YOU ****ING LEFT BEFORE WE COULD TAKE AN EPIC ASIAN PICTURE.

JERK.

ps.capitals
KHALY! YOU ****ING WENT TO SLEEP INSTEAD OF SEEING ME. BAKA HAD THE RIGHT IDEA! STAY AWAKE ALL WEEKEND AND SUFFER SO YOU CAN MEET DD! THAT'S DEDICATION!

Also- I've been matched against JFox 2 times now in tournaments. >_> This time he was like, "Lol, aren't you that guy who plays Mewtwo?" and I was like, "Lol yea." And then we played and I almost got 2 stocks off of him as Mewtwo...and as Jiggs I got 1 stock? I think?

Playing Th0rn was fun too. Dazwa said he saw it, but I managed to grab Th0rn and throw him off FD and DAir him with Mewtwo for the kill. It was sweet. I almost did it again, but he was too close to the stage v_v. It was still cool. People were like "OH**** MINDGAMES" and it was funny.

So yea. Good stuff.
-DD

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Trade I watched your matches against JFox and Alukard, good ****. If he had picked any stage other than Yoshi's Story you mighta beat him, hah.

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
ooh hai guise.
crew battles uploading.. =p
i would make a vid thread like spawn suggested but i figure i'll just post the playlist here =p

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Tournament was awsome, thumbs did anyone record the match that you brought m2k down to his last stock? lol at crew we got ***** hardcore, **** was good though.

edit- Maybe i'll be good at this game when I come back to CT for summer break.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Tournament was awsome, thumbs did anyone record the match that you brought m2k down to his last stock? lol at crew we got ***** hardcore, **** was good though.

edit- Maybe i'll be good at this game when I come back to CT for summer break.
lol I wish. That was the best I've ever played against M2k, but sadly I don't think it was recorded.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, I had a great day Sunday, best tournament I've been to ever, probably.

Until I watched the last match of Spawn vs. DJ Nintendo.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
my guess is doc, dj nintendo and boss gave me the business with doc the night before singles for a good hour+ of ownage

there doc's/mario's are too good

Top Bottom