• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
All right guys, I've decided I'm applying for SBR. If they ask why, I'm going to say because I want to be the official Smash historian ( I am a history major, after all).

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
All right guys, I've decided I'm applying for SBR. If they ask why, I'm going to say because I want to be the official Smash historian ( I am a history major, after all).
I've applied because i believe i can help the community out with knowledge of the game. I believe i know the mechanics better than anyone.......still waiting though. Good luck ^_^

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Suckish, I haven't played since I got my Mage job.
=3=; Loaded down with work.
=[ Johns.
-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
>____>;DARKDRAGOON'S 2000th POST EXTRAVAGANZA!<____<;
Shoutouts! Name calling! Hugs!
Haha! Well, maybe not too much name calling.
So? When should I get started!?
Well, anytime would probably be good enough.
Its cool, though, if I forget some of you right? I mean, there are so many of you.
Its like you breed like rabbits. Jesus Christ. Calm down. All of you!

SO!
First:
SHOUT OUTS!!!
Sponsored by Sandra; The woman I love, and the woman that loves me~<3
Hmm...Alphabetical order?
Nah; Too lazy.
I'll just do the order that comes to mind.
*ahem*
KHALY
=D As far as ALL of my smash-met friends go, you and Steven be my best friends!
Literally, if it weren't for you two, I'd have missed out on so many things. Most notably, CTCon, and that was easily the best weekend of my life, and I was happy to share it with you. Thanks for putting me up for the night after that, and helping with the transportation, and reviving my love of YGO, even though it did die out kinda fast once DMOC got banned =3=;. Good stuff though, and lemme know what I gotta do to get staff at CTCon next year, since I recall you saying something like that. *inserts something about my Mewtwo ****** your Falco on DreamLand*

AxelSlam[Steven!]
Dude, man, dude, bro, dude. You've been like a brother to me too, and without you CTCon would've have been the same. You were like, awesome. You gave me that freshly banned DMOC! You're a funny guy, and nothing like those late nights at Alex's to keep the lulz rollin'. *Inserts something about ****** your Falcon with Mewtwo*

ALEX
I have no idea why you're not posting here much anymore. Oh wait, you gots a woman/job/life/coolness now, so it can be excused. I'm still linking you to this shout-out though. Yea, you got like, really good really fast, and I felt like I was left in the dust @_@. Then again, I was never up to your level no matter what level it was. You're just too cool man, and I miss staying the night at your house on Fridays with the EH kidz.

SEXY
Some of the things we talk about on AIM...I swear I will never talk to anyone else about ever again... >_> How or why are we so open with eachother? Epic lulz. =D Lubz ya.

_Milktea[LAWLIAN]
=D Yay Lil! You're so nice, and your art is good. Keep up the good...everything! >_> Sandra thinks you're cool too, with the whole "You should skip [insert smash event here] to see her!" thing you do. Sandra also enjoys being able to USmash->Tipper FSmash we with Marth. >_>. =D I wish I could go to NYAF and say hi. But I can't. @_@ Probably won't be at another con until CTCon'09. =3 Actually, now that I think of it, you were one of the "Do it DD!" people when I was questioning the CTCon attendance, amirite? So yea, thanks for that too. AND THANK YOU FOR PANDORA.COM.

JAM
Yea. Your fricken' Ike's FSmash is like my bat signal. Just start it up and I'll be there just in time to get hit =3=; I don't recall ever playing you in melee, but you know how to wobble now, so I doubt I want to. LOL JK!...kinda. You're an awesome dude, and it sucks how we're always in the same bracket, online or offline. Ah well. **** happens.

MODEST
>_> We still never played GG together. ROFLFAIL. We tried so hard too...
Ah well, good times at CTCon, and I hope we hang out sometime eventually in the future maybe!

GEOS[Rapist]
You ***** me.

CORT[Paul!]
Yay for Melee Esticle! Yay for you mindgaming me silly on AIM whenever I get around to throwing a question by you! You're still cool though.
Yea....
You ***** me too.

PCCHRIS[...Chris?]
=D You're so nice! I'd like to say I'll catch up to your level one day, but I think I might just attempt it like, 50 years from now when I have youth on my side! >:D HAHAHA!
You ***** me too.

POFFY[Garrett]
>_> You're cool. Yea. Matches against you take mad long though. Probably because I play so ********. Yea, and Mewtwo lives way too long on Dream Land. =3=; And way to like, consistently call me whenever I'm with Sandra or on my way to see Sandra or thinking about going on my way to see Sandra. Or when I expect Sandra to call.
<_< Its always good for a laugh.

ZOSO[Dave!]
>_> I saw you once. You ***** me a few times, and stuff. Yea, that's pretty much it. =D Hooray for RO!

SLEEPYK
=D We play RO together when I manage to get on, and that's about it. =P You're helpful though, and nice, and god**** that smash guild is so gay.
<3.

AESIR[Demitri!]
=D GREEKARIOS! For the like, 1 tournament we were both at and interested in playing Brawl at the same time. Ah well, you're mad cool and another one of the best buddies of mine, even if like, it takes forever for you to give back gloves that you held for me instead of allowing me to lose them forever.

NANA[Bobby!]
o.o' I haven't seen you in a while. >_> If you're going to Poffy's on a day I'm not going to Sandra's, lemme know, I wanna hang out.

WES[GARLAND]
=D I likes you. Weeeeeee! I'm getting tired of writing shout outs now.

JV
YOU DON'T POST ENOUGH. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

NUS![Patric]
XD You're really cool, and it was my pleasure to meet you/fear being ***** by you/having you cheer me on as I was ***** by Geos at CTCon!

CTCon!
T_T I MISS YOU!!!!!

Thumbswayup
>_> Yea, you're pretty good for all that "whats a good anime" or "lol SPOILERS" thing. I dunno, you're just cool.

Darc
=D You're cool. >_> Last time I saw you, you were sleeping with Lil on the floor of your room at CTCon. Before that, you were sleeping in your bed and I sat on your foot. You made a little noise and I jumped off your foot and got on the floor...where I belong ;-;.
:p You're still cool though.

Dazwa
=D I've never been on the streets of Hartford past 2am before, and thanks to you, I was able to do that. The lawlervator owned and was hardcore, and was totally worth it.

Larx
=[ I still want the audio track to the lawlervator.

EVERYONE ELSE!
If you feel that you needed representation on my 2k post, sorry.
Its just too many people, and after a fun filled day of make-up homework, study for tests, and writing essays for colleges and my whackadoodle teachers, I get really tired of typing.
No johns.

NinjaLink
Yes, this post is some hardcore meat riding.

SANDRA[<3333]
=D I LOVE YOU! You're the best and I'm going to see you as soon as I can! Which should be tomorrow! =D YEA! It'll be fun.
=] We'll play some melee too. Money match. Only more like if I win then we
*censorcensorcensorcensorcensorcensorcensorcensorcensorcensor*

Yes, I did link Sandra to this post after making it.
-DD
Good ****. Congratulations on the post.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
ALEX
I have no idea why you're not posting here much anymore. Oh wait, you gots a woman/job/life/coolness now, so it can be excused. I'm still linking you to this shout-out though. Yea, you got like, really good really fast, and I felt like I was left in the dust @_@. Then again, I was never up to your level no matter what level it was. You're just too cool man, and I miss staying the night at your house on Fridays with the EH kidz.
love you too buddy. but to be fair, my not posting on the boards doesn't provide you, the EH kids, or anyone else with not hanging out at my place johns. my fridays are still relatively empty, and i shouldn't have to ask you to come over, it should be implied by my boobs. etc etc. you/khaly/stephen/manniford/etc need to get your acts together and have at LEAST one weekly lubbin at my house, as you're all quite missed. plus, i play YGO now cause of mike, sort of. well, with his decks, w/e. and, you'd like my gf, as she is quite neat. so, NO JOHNS, GTF OVER HEREEEEE

hi smashboards, you're all invited too, ya know. miss you guys...not enough to troll the board, frankly as i don't have the time/energy after 10 hour days and such. but the missage is there...start coming over again people, it gets boring only playing a few people, i need varietyz >.< and random sexual partners. YEAHUZ

ciao

Khaly

Smash Cadet
I love you too Nick.

Nothing's better than waking up next to you in the morning <3.

... then running into the shower before you do, XD.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I would like to join SBR in order to help provide historical perspective and documentation to the higher levels of competitive play and decision-making for our community. I am in school as a history major, and I enjoy writing analytically about many subjects, including competitive gaming. Sometimes, I think we don't realize that we are making history here. Smash has been at the forefront of pushing competitive gaming into the mainstream, and has consistently been one of most popular games in a competitive setting, and hands down the most popular fighter in the world. These are not insignificant achievements, and I feel that there needs to be accurate documentation of not only that success, but the people and decisions that have helped it to grow into the global force it is.

In addition, I think it would be useful to SBR to have someone who is specifically focused on the more mundane tasks related to competitive Smash: regional philosophies, demographic patterns, historical context in regards to metagame development, etc. For example, it is widely believed to this day that Sheik is the best character in Melee, yet she has less major tournament wins than other top and high tier characters. What are the underlying factors that cause this? And speaking of Sheik, are there any historical parallels between her early dominance in Melee, and Metaknight's dominance of Brawl?

These are questions and issues that I am sure come up in SBR, among others, and I think it would be helpful to have someone specifically dedicated to exploring these from a historical perspective. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not very good at playing Smash, but I am very good at writing about playing Smash. We are living history right now, and at the very least that needs to be recorded for posterity, because we are blazing a path that many in the future will continue to travel down. And if Ken's success on Survivor is any indication, our mainstream exposure will only continue to grow, making it even more important to remember how this all started.

Thank you for your consideration.
Thoughts? I just wrote it, so I haven't sent it yet.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
if i catch anyone forward smashing with ZSS

well, it wont be pretty.

that was really good, Jam.

edit: LOL noodles i wanted a gif of that, thanks

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

well, it wont be pretty.

it has 'some' applications but its STILL a very horrible move. Actually.....only use is catching someone behind u when they roll. THATS IT LMAO

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

well, it wont be pretty.

That's funny, I've been playing ZSS the last few days, and I've been doing this thing Ryoko does to me alot: dsmash => dsmash => fsmash. It's gay as hell.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
That's funny, I've been playing ZSS the last few days, and I've been doing this thing Ryoko does to me alot: dsmash => dsmash => fsmash. It's gay as hell.
bair or uair when they pop out, or forward B them after a single downsmash. they do a lot more than...that thing....

I use it by mistake at times. Its like 'OOPS IM USING ZAMUS! NOOOOOOOO FSMASH'
I really hate when I do that <_<

the ten commandments of zss?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
^thats a really funny picture

That aside, I decided that I'm selling my copy of Brawl mid next week for the 27 dollars at Gamestop. Yeah, its a good deal.

I will play anyone who wants to play Wifi either Monday or Tuesday with me for the last time. I'll actually try hard and bring out my MK, Marth, and my newly loved Pit who I started getting into when I began to draw out from playing it.

So yeah, if you want to play sometime on either Monday or Tuesday...let me know.

Its going to feel good to get rid of that game so I'm sort of forced to get good at Melee. YUM

-POF

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I was cleaning today, and found my box with my writing in it:

For size comparison:

Sometimes I forget just how happy writing makes me.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Jam, you should start using Gabriel as a unit of measurement for everything.

Somebody shop this to have Dazwa's face.

Top Bottom