• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
NL is good no doubt, but last time we played (MM) i took a set off his Diddy and I'm pretty sure I could do it again. Rob vs Diddy is heavily in rob's favor.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Oh I know, it sucks so much for Diddy. I despise playing ROBs for that reason. Diddy's d air can't spike ROB until around 110%, that's ****ing insane. You can't gimp that ***** so usually you have to get him over 150% before you can think about killing him. I really hate that ****ing matchup.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Have I seen NL play?

Dude was the like the first kid I played against professionally. He would have gone to a rave in Brooklyn with me if he weren't so beast at weeklies. I remember when he first started playing Diddy. I looked at him like, "Don't you main Zelda?" and he's like, "No, I main random now."

Cat is crazy, but very cool. Just wish he'd let me RECORD MATCHES against him!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> I like playing against Diddy Kong!
ALSO!

<_< My girlfriend was kinda upset over some issue with her friends or something, so I made this so that it'll cheer her right up!
I just need to wait for her to come back so I can give it to her!

>_> Also! Who thinks that it would go great on a t-shirt?
I do... :3.
-DD

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
did you ever beat sephiroth in the second game?
He's mad hard but I did it at 47. Big pain in the ***.

Dude I missed mad stuff.

Mewtwo rocks especially in the game plus he's just cool in smash.

A Link to the Past is definately my favorite Zelda game and I wanna go to Cort's to smash!

I never get to play with anyone!!!! Actually...

Runicwings and I are going over my girlfriends house to play smash with a bunch of people it's in Watertown.
CALL ME IF YOU WANT TO GO!!! 203-592-3603 We'll probably be there for awhile.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hooray, V's back in CT. We should find a day to party since I'm going to be in Rocky Hill from this Sunday to that Saturday. Sorry I didn't go to the meetup, I was at work til late. :(

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Every Zelda game is amazing, but to me it's a pretty close race between LttP, Wind Waker and Majora's Mask. MM is SO good, and it doesn't get nearly enough credit.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
BOTH ROOMMATES GONE FOR THE NIGHT

who wants to come to my apt?
im in winsted now
but id gladly go to my apt if people wanna smash / drink all night

no work tomorrow

LET ME KNOW SOON

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
k, so only eat meat that is raised/processed humanely. please. seriously. check it out http://www.workingtheland.com/
Since I can acknowledge the problem is with the maltreatment of animals, wouldn't you think I would look for meat that doesn't come from those sources? I admit that I do eat at a Wendy's or a McDonald's when there's nothing else available and I'm short on cash, but nobody's perfect.

They have a lot of farms listed that are humane to the animals, yet not that many people know of all the places they can get the meat from. Instead of trying to "convert" them by showing them the disgusting videos, you could just show them that link begin with to show them that if they still want to eat meat (since it's their choice, not yours), then there are at least some good alternatives.

That would be a nice shirt DD.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Majora's Mask was a bit annoying. I liked certain elements of it, but overall it was just not a game I'd consider recommending. I also HATED saving my progress in that game. It took like 20 minutes to save it WTF

That'd be a cool shirt DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
DD-Why give him the WAD file? haha

I have Gamegear, Sega Genesis, Snes, NES, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance and over 500 games to boot with those systems on my Wii. You only need WAD files to get NES and SNES...

Also, I love downloading the Wii Ware games for free. Thanks to Nintendo for showing me what I can pirate by showing them to me on the shopping channel. Haha Nintendo Wii...such a bad system.

Do you know why I have the best Wii in CT?

NES + SNES emulator channels on my wiis main menu
gamegear, gameboy color/advance, sega genesis, atari emulators on my homebrew channel
Smash 64 on my main menu
and Melee is ALWAYS in my Wii.

:):):)

Also-Good matches to V, (Who I finally met today!) The Dragon, and Jam today!

So good we played ONLY Melee and then when we left I went to Alex's house to play more Melee with him and Charlie.

The Zelda conversation-The original was the best....without a doubt. If you played it upon its release and grew up with that game...that should no doubt be your #1. EVERY SINGLE Zelda aside from the 2nd one was a spin off of that game. Zelda II was just so unique because they wanted to try something different....and it failed. Ever since then they have been true to the style of the original Zelda. Thats why its the best one.

Omegawhitemage-You've never heard of Links Awakening!!! and you call yourself a Zelda fan? Have you heard of Super Mario World? Final Fantasy VII?

thumbswayup-IM me for roms. I have everything you'd ever need/want.

NES
Snes
Vectrex
Gamegear
Gameboy
Gameboy Advance
Virtual Boy
Sega Genesis
Atari 2600
Atari Lynx
PSP ISO images
DS

Just let me know. Emulators and hacking systems is my department.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
DD- Wasn't there a stand at the mall where you brought them an image and they made it into a shirt? Also, you could use the site (I forgot the name) that Sleepy used for the Anti-Brawl shirts if you want to sell. I think it would sell well.

EDIT- Nice Diddy, thumbs.
Thanks man, but I'm way better on tvs that don't lag obviously lol. We were all messing up so much cause of it. I do better against Korn in the finals. I love how that match against Lukky ended though. Pretty much the whole room was cheering for me cause even the noobs hate Metaknight :laugh:

PoF thanks, I'll be sure to ask you when I have time to play them. I need to beat FF7 first and I have a LONG way to go.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I wish Haruhi dancing for the Wii came over to the US. Then I'd actually have a reason to not sell my Wii. Cause Brawl's been doing a great job keeping me entertained so far *looks at 2 inch dust line on Wii*

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I reconsider

Majora's Mask was the worst, but still very fun.
The thing I love about MM is the atmosphere. Everyone knows that they're going to die in three days, and they actually act like it as the game progresses. Completing the Wedding Mask sidequest is one of the most amazing moments in gaming ever.

_V_

Smash Ace
I don't leave until next week haha. We still have time...does Geos have a phone?

I am pretty sure I am coming tomorrow. I forgot what times you told me lol...and where are we meeting?

Today was too freaking good. Nice playing and meeting everyone!!! It was awesome to finally get to play again!

Edit//Sad story:

5 of my Wii games got stolen out of my checked bag from the airport...mean employees :(

Brawl, Galaxy, Strikers, RE4, and Wii Play.

Never put anything in your checked bag of any value...I am dumb >.>

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I don't leave until next week haha. We still have time...does Geos have a phone?

I am pretty sure I am coming tomorrow. I forgot what times you told me lol...and where are we meeting?

Today was too freaking good. Nice playing and meeting everyone!!! It was awesome to finally get to play again!

Edit//Sad story:

5 of my Wii games got stolen out of my checked bag from the airport...mean employees :(

Brawl, Galaxy, Strikers, RE4, and Wii Play.

Never put anything in your checked bag of any value...I am dumb >.>
:3 Thats why you put a sticker on one of the discs that reads "CAUTION! UNSTABLE DISC BOMB WILL EXPLODE 2 HOURS AFTER BEING REMOVED FROM CASE!
-DD

_V_

Smash Ace
Lmao yeah!!!

It does suck, but I am not too torn about it. I only really play Strikers and Brawl...but it will suck having to replace them.

I am filing a claim with TSA, so we will see what happens! Haha. *tries to be optimistic*

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
The thing I love about MM is the atmosphere. Everyone knows that they're going to die in three days, and they actually act like it as the game progresses. Completing the Wedding Mask sidequest is one of the most amazing moments in gaming ever.
I agree with this very much about the atmosphere and the wedding quest and such. And it's funny too cause all the people don't really talk about it too much at first or they at least joke about it and you can see the conditions of everything get worse and more desperate as the days go on and the way they foreshadow it is great. It isn't however one of my favorites. I thought Link's awakening was probably the worst but still good obviously and then probably Wind Waker. It wasn't that fun for me but I loved the storyline. I think Zelda 2 is great. Such a challenge.

Anyone feel like playing on wifi?

trademark0013

Smash Champion
He would have gone to a rave in Brooklyn with me if he weren't so beast at weeklies.
when and where are these raves? i might have to hit these up
Hey CT who wants to party hard at smashtality?
if it involves girls, i'm down

go to smashtality

i woulda went, but decided to see rolling thunder instead

worth it

Top Bottom