• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

_V_

Smash Ace
San Diego has weekly Brawl tournaments...you need to step it up CT.

Bone just won the last one with Peach, and usually places very high even when other good players come. I guess she isn't terrible?

I should have gone to one to make friends >.> oh well lol

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
San Diego has weekly Brawl tournaments...you need to step it up CT.

Bone just won the last one with Peach, and usually places very high even when other good players come. I guess she isn't terrible?

I should have gone to one to make friends >.> oh well lol
>_> Peach is lower High Tier.
Remember that list posted a few pages back?

-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
There is no such thing as a bad character in Brawl.

Its just all about who camps better....thats it. There is absolutely no style in Brawl. Every single persons Snake is the exact same, every single MK, EVERY character is played the EXACT SAME. This is a key reason as to why Brawl is a disgrace to the smash community. You take a look at footage of players in melee VS players in Brawl and you can see different styles and approaches in Melee.

Look at videos of Ken and then M2k...

Now, look at PC's Falco VS Budai's Falco

or Dazwas Sheik VS KDJ's Sheik.....

Pipes Fox VS V's Fox

Nus's Marth VS Darcs Marth

and then watch Corts Snake VS PC's Snake and OWM's ROB VS Noodles ROB and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Brawl........more like....................Double Dragon 5 haha

Here is PROOF that Brawl will fade:

Pretty much every single tournament now the finals are being split. No one cares about Brawl matches. It's already to the point where people dont even want to play the final round.

It's happened at Newbs for Brawl I think twice?, Esticle between Cort and PC, a couple of days ago with M2K and Azen, at Jams Melee tourney in Bloomfield between Guuman and OBM and at Reapers twice as well?

Brawl will turn out just like Halo III did. Also, Brawl matches are also starting to be decided by TIME due to the fact that people CAMP.

Say im ranting all you guys want but i'll start putting money down saying that people are going to stop giving a crap about brawl and melee will make a return.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Say im ranting all you guys want but i'll start putting money down saying that people are going to stop giving a crap about brawl and melee will make a return.

do you mean you want to money match me?

splitting is for *******.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum

Its just all about who camps better....thats it. There is absolutely no style in Brawl. Every single persons Snake is the exact same, every single MK, EVERY character is played the EXACT SAME. This is a key reason as to why Brawl is a disgrace to the smash community. You take a look at footage of players in melee VS players in Brawl and you can see different styles and approaches in Melee.

Pipes Fox VS V's Fox

and then watch Corts Snake VS PC's Snake and OWM's ROB VS Noodles ROB and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Pretty much every single tournament now the finals are being split. No one cares about Brawl matches. It's already to the point where people dont even want to play the final round.

It's happened at Newbs for Brawl I think twice?, Esticle between Cort and PC, a couple of days ago with M2K and Azen, at Jams Melee tourney in Bloomfield between Guuman and OBM and at Reapers twice as well?

Brawl will turn out just like Halo III did. Also, Brawl matches are also starting to be decided by TIME due to the fact that people CAMP.

Hmm

I think ive learned to hate you, like, actually, like wow LOL

trademark0013

Smash Champion
i'm not gonna quote each section, so my responses are all caps

FALCONS PRETTY BAD

Pipes Fox VS V's Fox

WATCH AZENS LUCARIO AND WATCH AESIR'S.
WATCH MY ROB AND WATCH OWM.
WATCH ROCKINS PEACH AND WATCH DARK.PCHS PEACH.
WATCH UR METAKNIGHT AND M2KS METAKNIGHT.

ALL DIFFERENT.

YOU DONT EVEN EXPLAIN HOW SPLITTING PROVES IT

I'VE PLAYED HALO PRETTY SERIOUSLY A WHILE BACK. U HAVE NO IDEA WHAT UR SAYING COMPARING BRAWL TO HALO 3

you are ranting and still have no clue what ur talking about. 2 statements

1. people have been hating on brawl harder than you and way before you, but theyve matured. ur on ur brawl hate super late and have little to no valid points.. or even reason to do so.

2. wheres the proof that brawl fading means melee will return? it doesnt happen just like that

do you mean you want to money match me?

splitting is for *******.
*hi five*

Zoso: we should play sometime. i havent seen u in yrs

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
i think my favorite ctcon moment was

when mike came out to me
after he saw me with 2 chicks showing them my deodorant and letting them sniff it

and just pulls me aside and is like

can i borrow that deodorant >__>

i was laughing, alot on the inside. i love you michael :3

Papito

Smash Journeyman

Pipes Fox VS V's Fox

you know how many people play brawl, alot man they wont stop you are wildin, you really dont know what your talkin about homie.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> I'm starting to think PoF has turret syndrome or something.

<_< But I guess that's okay, it would be an excuse to let his posts slide.
-DD

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman

Pipes Fox VS V's Fox

You're an idiot shut the **** up.

You make yourself sound so dumb Pof all your points are garbage and incorrect.

Don't hate a game just cause you started to lose that's mad gay and no one wants to hear your pointless rants anymore.

Laijin

Smash Hero
You're an idiot shut the **** up.

You make yourself sound so dumb Pof all your points are garbage and incorrect.

Don't hate a game just cause you started to lose that's mad gay and no one wants to hear your pointless rants anymore.
your making yourself look stupid too.

Brawl is like Halo 3. its the new thing to do. Halo 2 was a lot better and deeper, but Halo 3 is the new thing to do. And thats why people play brawl. its the new thing to do.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
your making yourself look stupid too.

Brawl is like Halo 3. its the new thing to do. Halo 2 was a lot better and deeper, but Halo 3 is the new thing to do. And thats why people play brawl. its the new thing to do.
You don't speak for everyone... I play Brawl because it's fun and exciting.

There are plenty of other reasons... it's just like SF2, but no one else has seemed to come to that conclusion.

Alas, PoF, perhaps you should take a break from the whole Melee/Brawl argument... A lot of what you say in yr post contradicts what you tell yr friends IRL and makes whatever points made invalid.

@__@

BTW I split with Sol because it was 12am and I was too tired to play using any skill, although we still did our matches... He's a nice guy, and he asked me so I obliged...

People split because it's a friendly end to a competition, but that doesn't mean they won't play out their matches.

Laijin

Smash Hero
You don't speak for everyone... I play Brawl because it's fun and exciting.

There are plenty of other reasons... it's just like SF2, but no one else has seemed to come to that conclusion.

Alas, PoF, perhaps you should take a break from the whole Melee/Brawl argument... A lot of what you say in yr post contradicts what you tell yr friends IRL and makes whatever points made invalid.

@__@
Hey. SF2 is pretty gay. Chun Li chaingrabs everyone except Blanka. Blanka. And then...Guile..the most broken piece of trash in the game.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Yea I know I make myself sound stupid but it's just because I get aggravated at Pof considering he also IM's me with the same Brawl hating stuff and it gets annoying.

Let me rephrase my argument then. I don't play Brawl because it's the new thing to do I just like the game it's fun and I enjoy playing it just like I enjoy playing melee still. I disagree with his arguments I don't think everyone plays the same and I think the game deserves more of a chance than 5 or 6 months before people say it sucks and it deserves to get dropped. Trying to prove Brawl will fade isn't necessary and if in the future it doesn't evolve competitively enough for peoples' liking then so be it but for now this argument needs to get dropped.

And I actually don't play Halo 3 because I don't like it but to be honest I like the first one the best but I guess I'm pretty alone on that one.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
What about my GaW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryqb6emC_4s HAHAHA ****

Actually he's smexier in this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6jekFEgj3I but I lose >.>
Nair gimp kills are too good. Anytime ANYONE falls off the ledge I just run off and do a nair and it works...like all the time....its too good and the hitbox is ********.

Mike-I meant putting money down betting that Melee will come back. Melee will never reach its peak EVER again....but once people begin to actually use their brains and see just how much Brawl sucks, they'll slowly start to go back to Melee....just like im doing.

Trade-I dont know what I'm talking about saying that Halo III is like Brawl? Do you know anything about video games aside from Smash Brothers? The Halo series is basically EXACTLY like the smash brothers series.

Halo I-A fun game that everyone loved that was completely BROKEN! (Pistols anyone from the other side of the screen? Who needed a sniper rifle when you had a pistol? :) ) Thats like using a throw or a death combo in smash 64 and not using your Smash attacks to kill someone. Both games were extremely fun and broken but no one cared because they were FUN.

Halo II-The comparison to Melee. Halo II was EXTREMELY glitchy....hmmm....just like Melee was! Both Melee and Halo II are the fan favorite and are the sole reason everyone got into the games. Halo II defined Halo and Melee defined Smash Brothers.

Halo III-The "cleanup" to the glitchy gameplay in Halo II as was Brawl to Melee. Everyone played Halo III for a couple of months and got their fair share of the game but then the people who knew what they were talking about went back to Halo II again or play COD4. The same thing will happen with Brawl, I guarantee it.

Yeah, I don't know what I'm talking about at all.

My MK VS M2K? I dont even play Brawl anymore. The only time I do is when im bored and want to go online. And ask Wes, I dont even USE Meta Knight anymore! If I play I use Marth because hes not a stupid broken character.

Aesirs Lucario? Aesir doesnt take Brawl seriously. He plays....but he doesnt really care too much.

Capt Falcon is pretty bad? Once again, you havent played GOOD Captain Falcons then

Go play ArtieBoys Capt Falcon and report back to me and tell me that Captain Falcon sucks.

lol i didnt know there was chaingrabbing in sf2
Didn't you jut change your name to "noodles" ? Why are you going back? Dont tell me you're going to use both?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I favor splitting in a few situations. I like to play it out(even when splitting), but like if I placed @ a major I would split all day because its probly better for me money wise and majors run sooooo late nowadays. I've only been in a splitting situation like 4 times so.......

Zangief owns Guile. :"{
nooooo! guile has a f**king beast haircut.

My MK VS M2K? I dont even play Brawl anymore. The only time I do is when im bored and want to go online. And ask Wes, I dont even USE Meta Knight anymore! If I play I use Marth because hes not a stupid broken character.
Random GG player(marty) @ fast in reference to metaknight

"PLZ somebody ban dis n***a.......he f**kin flies!"

*sends up Prince of Frost signal*
i lol'd

_milktea

Smash Lord
Wait...wait.

Who ****ing CARES?

Anyways.

I was on the road thinking about how I should drive more carefully, but then I realized, sometimes there's nothing you can do because there are other idiots on the road.

Bam, few minutes later some IDIOT swerves completely onto my side of the road while both of us are driving at like 60, WOWWWWWW. GOOOD GAME, I am so lucky he swerved back last minute, ugh.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Holy crap PoF just never post about brawl ever again. Please....think of the children.

Lil that sucks. BTW I think I'm going to the Mass Madness after esticle so you could give Dustin the DN if he's going to both? Or are you going to both?

_milktea

Smash Lord
D:, actually I'm not going to MM or Esticle @__@;. I realized after Connecticon I should have given Dustin the Deathnote v_________v;. I'M SORRY COG.

I promise I'll figure out a way to get it to you D:.

edit// sigh. when i try to delete this quicktime file in my program files, it says, blablabla, directory is not empty, cannot delete. so i deleted everything, and there's one folder left. and if i try to delete it, it says "disk C is not formatted, would you like to format it now?" arghhhh

YAY my system restore now no longer works *jumpkicks this piece of **** computer*

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lol yeah PoF wtf?

there's style in brawl, my lucario and azens lucario are completely different.

Hell my lucario and DD's lucario are completely different LOL.
:D What he means is that my style is better!
T_T It makes me sad that I wasn't referenced.
And Aesir started taking it seriously.
Kinda >_>.

D:, actually I'm not going to MM or Esticle @__@;. I realized after Connecticon I should have given Dustin the Deathnote v_________v;. I'M SORRY COG.

I promise I'll figure out a way to get it to you D:.

edit// sigh. when i try to delete this quicktime file in my program files, it says, blablabla, directory is not empty, cannot delete. so i deleted everything, and there's one folder left. and if i try to delete it, it says "disk C is not formatted, would you like to format it now?" arghhhh
>_> So format it! All it'll do is wipe everthing on the Hard Drive!
Of course then you're kinda screwed.
X3.

Oh, and while we're talking about smash:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=51156

:[ I don't know what to feel anymore.
-DD

Top Bottom