• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
I was on the road thinking about how I should drive more carefully, but then I realized, sometimes there's nothing you can do because there are other idiots on the road.

Bam, few minutes later some IDIOT swerves completely onto my side of the road while both of us are driving at like 60, WOWWWWWW. GOOOD GAME, I am so lucky he swerved back last minute, ugh.
At least you're alright. That's happened to me a couple of times. It's like they give anyone a license these days.
Oh, and while we're talking about smash:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=51156

:[ I don't know what to feel anymore.
-DD
At least he admits online could've used more refinement.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
At least he admits online could've used more refinement.
The article basically says that the game was slowed down only because the online wasn't ready to handly Melee-speed.

>_> Hit stun is just another one of those variables of data that need to be transferred, and I guess it would suck kinda bad to lag during hit stun o.o.

<_< So I guess shields go up that fast to act as a counter measure to the lag.

XD Basically, Wifi ruined Brawl.

-DD

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
The article basically says that the game was slowed down only because the online wasn't ready to handly Melee-speed.

>_> Hit stun is just another one of those variables of data that need to be transferred, and I guess it would suck kinda bad to lag during hit stun o.o.

<_< So I guess shields go up that fast to act as a counter measure to the lag.

XD Basically, Wifi ruined Brawl.

-DD
Jam and I had a conversation about that like the week after Brawl's release.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Cog i also took a pic holding a sign that said COGSMOOCh :D but the exposure was too high and you cant see the text ;_;.

Cat_Fight, do you have a Facebook?
Yeah but I don't really use it as much as I do myspace... and I think I have you added on that.

Alas, here's my FB: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1248047668

You know, you don't have to call me Cat Fight lol. I tried telling you that at CTcon, my name is Wesley. :"}

My myspace for anyone who might want it: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=328423611

EDIT: BTW date for RGIV is up: August 29th! Everyone come please! :"}

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
wait how did I miss this

Capt Falcon is pretty bad? Once again, you havent played GOOD Captain Falcons then

Go play ArtieBoys Capt Falcon and report back to me and tell me that Captain Falcon sucks.
you could say the exact same thing about Taj's Mewtwo, doesn't change the fact that Mewtwo sucks.

PRlNCE OF FIRE

Smash Rookie
Life story of the last three days.

so I went to the connecticon thing so that I could meet this girl except she didn't know that I was going just to meet her. She blows me off on all three days and i was really bored. I mop around the hotel room for about 20 minutes and decide to play brawl so i go and play brawl in the video game room. after maybe 2 hours I start to have fun at brawl and that's when It shocked me and I got back into that game. Now I'm playing brawl and melee and given up on seeing that girl. I'm starting to think about changing my act and actually start to act more serious because I'm getting bored of not taking anything seriously. for now I will stop with spamming posts and just act normally.

noodles

Smash Champion
it depends on what im logged in as. i already posted one more time so t doesnt matter to much

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
POF is seriously the whiniest ***** i've ever seen post. Stop sucking, stop *****ing and stop posting. No one respects you.

_V_

Smash Ace
People do not try as hard/if at all after deciding to split. If you are going to split and want to be nice about it, tell the person after you win...

I understand it is supposed to be friendly, and of course it is, but it takes away from a competition. My friends would punch me in the face if I ever did that to them.

Not everyone interacts with their friends like I do though, so yeah :p

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
So what happened to using the noodles name without the numbers?
Wow, Noodles totally has the mind games going with the usernames

haha, thats what i said....

wait how did I miss this

you could say the exact same thing about Taj's Mewtwo, doesn't change the fact that Mewtwo sucks.
Ok, but i've seen more than one good Capt Falcon in my life. Jams Captain Falcon is extremely good as well. There is no character in Brawl that is BAD aside from Sonic and Ganondorf pretty much.

Wow whoever is.....

Prince of Fuego
Prince of Frost
Prince of Gayness
and
PRlNCE OF FIRE

haha, you're such a loser. Seriously, why dont you tell me who you really are? I know you won't because you're too much of a ****.

Omegawhitemage-Yeah, i'm real immature but yet NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE THAT SOMEONE RUNS AROUND AND MAKES DIFFERENT USERNAMES TO INSULT ME. hmmm

_V_

Smash Ace
I agree...those posts are retraded. The first time was funny, but man is it old.

Obvously everyone jumping on PoF hasn't done anything to make him stop. How about you all take the higher road and just ignore his posts or accept them for what they are.

I know this is a message board. He can post whatever he wants as can all of you, but really now...why do you all have to act like 12 year olds?

Can't we all be friends? LOL

By the way, Blanka ***** all :)

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
I agree...those posts are retraded. The first time was funny, but man is it old.

Obvously everyone jumping on PoF hasn't done anything to make him stop. How about you all take the higher road and just ignore his posts or accept them for what they are.

I know this is a message board. He can post whatever he wants as can all of you, but really now...why do you all have to act like 12 year olds?

Can't we all be friends? LOL

By the way, Blanka ***** all :)
QFT, except the Blanka part. Chun-li ftw. lol

PRlNCE OF FIRE

Smash Rookie
I never saw that movie, I heard that the dark knight was really good. My parents an cousin are probably going to see it on Saturday so I'm in a bind of either seeing that movie or going to the Connecticut smash tournament. What should I do? is it worth missing a smash tournament?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Wow, remember when Brawl wasn't out?

I do....good times.

Also, I just learned how to stickywalk and do all sorts of moonwalky sexy things with Captain Falcon...and seeing him Moonwalk alone makes me just want to main him. Also, Marths spike is too goot in Melee. Down B spike=Too good as well. (another thing that sucks about Brawl.)

Sean-Teach me Captain Falcon!

Don't forget trees, Prince. You also love trees.

Smooth Criminal
Yeah, smoking pot is amazing.

noodles

Smash Champion
OMFG!! im doing that aib tourny i linked u guys to. played this amazing pit player. on the ladder hes like 30w 2L named electro sun. first 2 matches was close it was 1-1. 3rd match he 0 to deathed me. by the time i brought him to his last stock i was at 98%. i came back and won it was amazing

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Laijin;5064478Brawl is like Halo 3. its the new thing to do. Halo 2 was a lot better and deeper said:
ok
was there ever any halo 3 hate?
was the halo community split?
Trade-I dont know what I'm talking about saying that Halo III is like Brawl? Do you know anything about video games aside from Smash Brothers? The Halo series is basically EXACTLY like the smash brothers series.

Halo II-The comparison to Melee. Halo II was EXTREMELY glitchy....hmmm....just like Melee was! Both Melee and Halo II are the fan favorite and are the sole reason everyone got into the games. Halo II defined Halo and Melee defined Smash Brothers.

EXTREMELY GLITCHY? HOW MANY GLITCHES WERE THERE? 2? 3? DID KNOWING THESE GLITCHES GIVE YOU A HUGE ADVANTAGE IN THE GAME? NO

Halo III-The "cleanup" to the glitchy gameplay in Halo II as was Brawl to Melee. Everyone played Halo III for a couple of months and got their fair share of the game but then the people who knew what they were talking about went back to Halo II again or play COD4. The same thing will happen with Brawl, I guarantee it.

UM, PPL STILL PLAY HALO 3. PEOPLE DIDNT JUS AUTOMATICALLY GO BACK TO HALO 2.
COD4 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ARGUEMENT. PEOPLE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PLAYING IT. U MAKE IT SEEM LIKE IT WAS AN ALTERNATIVE

Yeah, I don't know what I'm talking about at all.

NOPE

My MK VS M2K? I dont even play Brawl anymore. The only time I do is when im bored and want to go online. And ask Wes, I dont even USE Meta Knight anymore! If I play I use Marth because hes not a stupid broken character.

OK, BUT WHEN U DID YOU DIDNT PLAY LIKE M2K DOES NOW. SINCE YOU CLAIM THERES NO INDIVIVUAL STYLE, IT DOESNT MATTER IF U STILL PLAY.

Aesirs Lucario? Aesir doesnt take Brawl seriously. He plays....but he doesnt really care too much.

SEE ABOVE

Capt Falcon is pretty bad? Once again, you havent played GOOD Captain Falcons then

Go play ArtieBoys Capt Falcon and report back to me and tell me that Captain Falcon sucks.
Exactly dazwa

PoF, i have a question: why do you "hate" brawl? u must because ur ALWAYS bashing it. whats even more ironic is because when u first came into the community, u were so pro-brawl. then what happened? u saw the light? i dont think so. personally i think u jus got tired of getting whooped by people. when u placed 13th at esticle (where u got gayed, i ackowledge that) and 5th at on of the MMs. u werent complaining. Then u began to lose to "random" players. and what happened? back to melee

PoF, u have no reason to hate brawl. there are more people on this board who are antibrawl than you (see brookman), but even they dont hate the game to the point where every single post is talking about it. even moreso, ur points for hating brawl make no sense. the few valid points u do make, have been made already (see scars thread and others).

Most smashers have already come to the consensus that some will play melee and some will play brawl. we accept it. we deal with it. we do our own thing. we dont hate each other for it. you on the other hand havent reached this level of understanding

PRlNCE OF FIRE

Smash Rookie
maybe we shouldn't be talking so negatively about POF. It seems that we're getting nowhere with that, so we should be praising him and giving him a pat on the old back and then when he's ready I'm sure he'll change his ways and see that Brawl is only a game and everyone has different opinions and he'll try and not act like he's trying to make everyone else hate Brawl. I'm also quite serious about this post.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I think the reason I dislike Brawl so much right now is the insane number of Metaknight users in the community. I think the character is broken beyond belief and makes the game a lot less fun. Snake is broken as well, but he is easily gimped and he actually has some bad matchups. If Metaknight were banned I would enjoy the game so much more.

_V_

Smash Ace
OMFG!! im doing that aib tourny i linked u guys to. played this amazing pit player. on the ladder hes like 30w 2L named electro sun. first 2 matches was close it was 1-1. 3rd match he 0 to deathed me. by the time i brought him to his last stock i was at 98%. i came back and won it was amazing
Haha I beat him too :)

There is another V in CT...we named MM and I won and he still uses the name LOL. I don't care though, he is a cool guy, so it doesn't matter. As long as he does the name justice!

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
I need to see Dark Knight again.
I snagged a screener copy from someone I work with :]

maybe we shouldn't be talking so negatively about POF. It seems that we're getting nowhere with that, so we should be praising him and giving him a pat on the old back and then when he's ready I'm sure he'll change his ways and see that Brawl is only a game and everyone has different opinions and he'll try and not act like he's trying to make everyone else hate Brawl. I'm also quite serious about this post.
I still think Poffy could have schizophrenia and all these names are really him, endlessly bantering with himself

Top Bottom