• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Banking on Colgate Boy

Hoping for Ramen Girl
Wonder if the next game will have an ARMS character use toothpaste themed ARMS. We already have a Ramen girl and a candy clown

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Three hours to go.

It's been a trip going from running a dead thread for two and a half years to a VERY active one for three months.

Last edited:

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Honestly I'm more excited to see what fighters will be deconfirmed when Sakurai reveals the Mii costumes.
Hopefully we'll get an announcement date for the next fighter too since we're not getting it today

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Could someone be a pal and send me a link to the presentation through PM? I won't be able to watch it live due to work and would prefer not being spoiled (assuming the thumbnail isn't changed to whoever it ends up being).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Could someone be a pal and send me a link to the presentation through PM? I won't be able to watch it live due to work and would prefer not being spoiled (assuming the thumbnail isn't changed to whoever it ends up being).
Sure thing.

In case the thumbnail does change though, click on the message, close your eyes and then click where you think the video is.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I have the same problem. That last hour of work today is going to be the hardest because I know everyone will be watching a Smash presentation.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's the video link

At least for the UK version.

Edit: here's the US version too

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Would they really include two fighters in one pack? I hypothesized for Echoes since there’s 4 more empty spots after the pass ends, but I’m not too sure about semi clones
They really should do an echo fighters pack, that is of course if there's another pass happens after the current one.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Since we've already laid down predictions for who the fighter is, I'll say that a Mii Costume is going to cause salt too. It's going to be a popular indie like Shantae or a returning costume like Lloyd, maybe with a track this time.
I'm also hoping for hollow knight as a mii costume. He's way too cute.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Woo I'm late to this thread. Haven't been back in Smashboards since forever but I might as well get my crackpot theory in at the last hour cause why not?

Wouldn't it be cool if we have multiple fighter's through changing skins, but changing the skin changed the weight and hitbox too? It'd be taking the next step in Echo Fighters.

All the fighters in ARMS use the same interchangeable weapons, it's the physical properties of the fighters themselves that are different, so the moveset would be the same across the multiple fighters.

It'd explain why it took so long and why they would have so many problems developing the character/characters.

That's my crackpot theory that's probably gonna be shot down in the next hour, but boy that'd be crazy if it actually happened.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Woo I'm late to this thread. Haven't been back in Smashboards since forever but I might as well get my crackpot theory in at the last hour cause why not?

Wouldn't it be cool if we have multiple fighter's through changing skins, but changing the skin changed the weight and hitbox too? It'd be like taking the next step in Echo Fighters.

All the fighters in ARMS use the same interchangeable weapons it's the physical properties of the fighters themselves that are different so the moveset would be the same across the multiple fighters.

It'd explain why it took so long and why they would have so many problems developing the character/characters.

That's my crackpot theory that probably gonna be shot down in the next hour, but boy that'd be crazy if it actually happened.
That would be insane and awesome. Amazing theory. Maybe we will get a Pokemon Trainer scenario.

Staarih

Smash Master
Work done for the day and now all there is to do is wait. I can't believe this day is finally here.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I haven't posted in this thread until now. I predict that we will get the Bowser Jr. and Koopalings treatment for ARMS. Hopefully, we can get Springman and seven other characters as alts. Good luck to you all.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

Wouldn't it be cool if we have multiple fighter's through changing skins, but changing the skin changed the weight and hitbox too? It'd be taking the next step in Echo Fighters.

All the fighters in ARMS use the same interchangeable weapons, it's the physical properties of the fighters themselves that are different, so the moveset would be the same across the multiple fighters.

That's my crackpot theory that's probably gonna be shot down in the next hour, but boy that'd be crazy if it actually happened.
Honestly... I have a feeling that the ARMS character is gonna go above and beyond in terms of gameplay and mechanics in some way. It's entirely possible that it could literally be four different Simon/Richter-style Echo Fighters rolled into one, simply because I could see Sakurai being willing to go that far.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I was thinking about potential mii costumes in the presentation and then thought the Knight but if he is, I wonder how they'd make it look on top of a Mii with humane proportions

Voe

Smash Journeyman
The odds are stacked against her but I'm gonna double down on Twintelle.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Funny thing is Twintelle doesn't have a support thread.

I'm already running too many so the position's open for the next... 50 minutes.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Jesus the amount of pages since i last tagged here have doubled.

While i am mostly hopeing for Min min or twinntelle, i will be happy of anyone that gets in(even if i dont really want springman). Good luck all fans of ARMS, just 30 minutes to go

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No mater what happens a fan rule is dieing. Its just a matter of how many
I'm betting at least 2 fan rules will die. Spirit fan rule is definitely dying, but Assist Trophy or Mii costume fan rules are up in the air at the moment. One of the latter two I believe will die if not all of them.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No mater what happens a fan rule is dieing. Its just a matter of how many
Let's tally
No ATs
No Mii Costumes
No Spirits
No non-main characters from fighting games

And the guaranteed, no new Nintendo franchises.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Man of Springs, I tell you. It's gotta be him.

But regardless of who it is, I'm just glad we can move on and find something else to tear each other to shreds about. This has the potential to turn speculation on it's head. In the chance that it does, any Spirits or Assist Trophies you want to see promoted?

As for me, I'm mainly hoping for:
Bandana Waddle Dee
Isaac
Tails/Shadow/Eggman
Alucard
Shovel Knight
Shantae
Raiden
Phosphora

Top Bottom