• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
wild for zhuge to just kick down the door and be like it's only one of these four while simultaneously also deconfirming a composite

to be honest? i think it might be ribbon girl, despite the 'winner of the poll' caveat

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
To be fair, the Mini direct said "This fighters arms (not ARMS) can exteeeeend (might have the wrong amount of e's)", so going by that logic, Twintelle was deconfirmed from the beginning.
I never noticed that with that tweet. If that is the case, its kinda odd it was never brought up more, especially considering the long wait up until now.

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
sleuthing the arms subreddit has shown me me most people aren't in favour of a composite - it robs the characters of any potential unique mechanics (spring man couldn't use min min's dragon arm mechanic nor could anyone share ninjara's teleportation) and pushes the focus too much towards essentially advertising all the characters as the same
That's how I feel mostly. I would prefer it be just one character. With the FE avatars the male/female variants are essentially the same personality-wise and otherwise, the Hero alts are also just different silent avatar designs afaik, the Koopalings are a special case, and Alph and Olimar function the exact same way in their respective Pikmin games. But having more than one ARMS character in one character slot doesn't feel the best to me since they will play identically to each other, and they're not really interchangeable like that if you ask me.

So the reveal is going to take place at Sakraui own house and this tweet mentions Nobiru Ude, which means stretchy arms. Twintelle deconfirmed.
I was already feeling like Twintelle on her own would be a poor representative of ARMS, given that she doesn't use her arms at all.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
wild for zhuge to just kick down the door and be like it's only one of these four while simultaneously also deconfirming a composite

to be honest? i think it might be ribbon girl, despite the 'winner of the poll' caveat
Did he? I just checked all his tweets since the ARMS poll and it doesn't seem that he is intending to leak anything. I must have missed one.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Did he? I just checked all his tweets since the ARMS poll and it doesn't seem that he is intending to leak anything. I must have missed one.
i mean he's saying that the winner of the poll will be the character revealed on monday

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
That could either play in his favor or backfire so damn hard.
in all likelihood he went in knowing min min's popularity, though it would have been funny to see a sudden surge of spring man twist the fabric of reality

it's definitely his style of leaking things though

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
there's also the possibility that it's a composite and he's right no matter what, but no way in hell could twintelle's arms work over spring man

Dukefire

Smash Master
Almost there everyone......
Just a little longer.
320px-MM_Dawn_of_the_Final_Day.png

Also, I did play ARMS to see and boy was it a wake up call for new controls. Motion was great, but the controller seems better. Plus, the mechanics somewhat threw me into a loop and MinMin seems good for me. I just needed to watch her punches with her kick parry and dragon arm.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
So the reveal is going to take place at Sakraui own house and this tweet mentions Nobiru Ude, which means stretchy arms. Twintelle deconfirmed.
Nobiru Ude keeps taking me to Piccolo or Namekian from DBZ in general no matter how I look the dang thing up lol. If we were gonna consider Piccolo as a hint (wouldn't surprise I mean Sakurai used binary language to tease Fire Emblem, what harm is using a character for reference). In other translations, Piccolo's Nobiru Ude technique is also called Demon Hand, Mystic Attack and I think Ghost Fist. Dr. Coyle's arms with snapping mouths and red glowing eyes fits the description of a Demon Hand well. Misango channeling supernatural energies would count for Mystic. Ghost Fist, Master Mummy? I dunno :p

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Nobiru Ude keeps taking me to Piccolo or Namekian from DBZ in general no matter how I look the dang thing up lol. If we were gonna consider Piccolo as a hint (wouldn't surprise I mean Sakurai used binary language to tease Fire Emblem, what harm is using a character for reference). In other translations, Piccolo's Nobiru Ude technique is also called Demon Hand, Mystic Attack and I think Ghost Fist. Dr. Coyle's arms with snapping mouths and red glowing eyes fits the description of a Demon Hand well. Misango channeling supernatural energies would count for Mystic. Ghost Fist, Master Mummy? I dunno :p
Won't lie, you mentioning Piccolo in this context reminded me of this.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
i mean he's saying that the winner of the poll will be the character revealed on monday
Tbh shouldn't that make a composite more likely? He obviously can't influence who Sakurai chose and unless he is talking in foresight, he can't really know who will win but if he says it's one of them and it's actually a composite that'd mean he's right no matter what? I dunno how they would squeeze twintelle in though as I can't see her working properly as an alt. He may have just put her in there because he thought that she would receive the least votes and she wouldn't have been added anyway.

That or he is just doing what pretty much everyone does on a comment section of a heartwrenching video..

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Tbh shouldn't that make a composite more likely? He obviously can't influence who Sakurai chose and unless he is talking in foresight, he can't really know who will win but if he says it's one of them and it's actually a composite that'd mean he's right no matter what? I dunno how they would squeeze twintelle in though as I can't see her working properly as an alt. He may have just put her in there because he thought that she would receive the least votes and she wouldn't have been added anyway.

That or he is just doing what pretty much everyone does on a comment section of a heartwrenching video..
twintelle is the second most popular on the poll and trended just behind min min on friday so it'd be a particularly ballsy move to put her there expecting a low vote

zhuge can be pretty jokey a lot of the time but this poll reads more like him leaking things in his usual coy way

Trevenant

Smash Lord
twintelle is the second most popular on the poll and trended just behind min min on friday so it'd be a particularly ballsy move to put her there expecting a low vote

zhuge can be pretty jokey a lot of the time but this poll reads more like him leaking things in his usual coy way
I guess it would be weird but I guess maybe people may have placed the mascots higher? Idk. Not a good reason but a reason nonetheless I guess. I think it's a little too subtle and ambiguous to be considered a hint. If he actually said who he expected to win, then maybe, but he probably won't come out and say something until the character is revealed (which is tomorrow thankfully) that's if he admits it's a hint at all.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
It feels weird to me that people forget that Ninjara is also super popular. People only want to hear Twintelle and Min Min and then just add Spring Man and Ribbon Girl because they feel like they have to.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I always find leaks like these funny because we're supposed to believe they cropped out the character's actual model from the image for convenience and not because it'd be harder to fake. Decent fan design though, shame the shading style is so off and the plumes are so big.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
everyone: it's spring man!! it's min min!! it's ribbon girl!!! it's all three at once!!!

the reveal trailer when it starts up:

ARMS_All_Max_Brass_Victory_Animations_&_Voice_Lines(1).gif

Dukefire

Smash Master
Me right now seeing the leaks appearing SO CLOSE to the ARMS rep reveal on Monday.
Screenshot_20200527-224942_YouTube.jpg

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
me and the boys buying bots to vote for spring man in zhuge's poll to alter the fabric of reality when it closes

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Looking forward to whoever it is since i love Arms regardless.
But if i had the chance, i would definitely choose between Max Brass or Dr Coyle.

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
I guess it would be weird but I guess maybe people may have placed the mascots higher? Idk. Not a good reason but a reason nonetheless I guess. I think it's a little too subtle and ambiguous to be considered a hint. If he actually said who he expected to win, then maybe, but he probably won't come out and say something until the character is revealed (which is tomorrow thankfully) that's if he admits it's a hint at all.
Even looking at this thread's poll, Min Min is the clear most popular choice, so he probably knew she'd win the vote.

What an odd leak.
The thought of it being a composite/multi-character fighter and the fighter being called just "ARMS" is a bit amusing...

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I think it's a little too subtle and ambiguous to be considered a hint.
idk man he literally said "The winner of this poll will also be the character revealed on Monday.", that's neither subtle nor ambiguous -- the question is whether or not it's true, not whether he might be saying something else or not saying anything at all

he's either lying through his teeth or leaking real information without saying a name himself (thus risking nintendo's attention) by playing off the most hotly-predicted name

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Even looking at this thread's poll, Min Min is the clear most popular choice, so he probably knew she'd win the vote.

The thought of it being a composite/multi-character fighter and the fighter being called just "ARMS" is a bit amusing...
I'd argue that he may have just made a post and dropped a hint like that instead of making a poll when they thought they'd knew who'd win anyway in an attempt to hint at them.

idk man he literally said "The winner of this poll will also be the character revealed on Monday.", that's neither subtle nor ambiguous -- the question is whether or not it's true, not whether he might be saying something else or not saying anything at all

he's either lying through his teeth or leaking real information without saying a name himself (thus risking nintendo's attention) by playing off the most hotly-predicted name
I suppose I meant the poll being a bit random. As said above, if he thought he knew who would win, he pretty much could have made a post which wouldn't exactly give it away but would still be tore apart by the Smash community for them to come to the only logical conclusion which is it being a hint as someone else could easily have won that poll. It honestly just seems like him just doing a poll and throwing in a few jokes to me.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's hard to say if most people will vote for the most popular character or who they think is the most likely. Spring Man perhaps for the likely case and Min Min for both popularity and likeliness. This is such a tricky thing to figure out if he is telling the truth and we just get one character.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i wouldn't say it's particularly difficult to predict min min getting the most votes in a poll -- whether it's r/ARMS, this thread's poll, the newcomer thread's poll, or even just her name being the only one to trend on twitter (and trend twice as much as ARMS itself on friday, at 445k to 220k), she's consistently at the top

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
i wouldn't say it's particularly difficult to predict min min getting the most votes in a poll -- whether it's r/ARMS, this thread's poll, the newcomer thread's poll, or even just her name being the only one to trend on twitter (and trend twice as much as ARMS itself on friday, at 445k to 220k), she's consistently at the top
Like I said before, it's hard to say if most people are going to vote on who they actually want or who they think is going to be the most likely which is either Min Min or Spring Man if we are being honest.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Which would be a bit ironic as her thread is the one of my ARMS threads that's had the least amount of activity and supporter so far.

What an odd leak.
Every time I think I've hit maximum dork by doing something like including Biff on a poll or argue for a stage based on the Ultra Hand, someone like this comes along and reminds me that I'm a mere dweeb to the their NEEEEEEEEERRRRRRD!

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
I gotta wonder if there'll be something surprising in the character reveal, other than the identity of the rep. One idea I like (I think it was in a leak a while back) is that it's Min Min but with her default design being the one from a future ARMS 2. This got me thinking that her set of ARMS could also be from that supposed game. Having the ARMS rep use more basic ARMS like Toaster instead of more specialized ones like the projectile-esque Ram Ram or Dragon could after all make them more beginner friendly. Assuming Min Min's popularity also makes her the face and "Ryu" of the supposed sequel, it'd make sense to have her default ARMS be the most basic ones.

Whatever the case, I think it's between Spring Man and Min Min now.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
That's how I feel mostly. I would prefer it be just one character. With the FE avatars the male/female variants are essentially the same personality-wise and otherwise, the Hero alts are also just different silent avatar designs afaik, the Koopalings are a special case, and Alph and Olimar function the exact same way in their respective Pikmin games. But having more than one ARMS character in one character slot doesn't feel the best to me since they will play identically to each other, and they're not really interchangeable like that if you ask me.

I was already feeling like Twintelle on her own would be a poor representative of ARMS, given that she doesn't use her arms at all.
Well, she doesn't use her arms per se but she uses her ARMS as in the ability/weapon.
I wouldn't count her out just yet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wouldn't count anyone out though my current predictions are as stands, most to least likely

If solo: Min Min, Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, Max Brass, Dr Coyle
If alts: Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Min Min

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
I gotta wonder if there'll be something surprising in the character reveal, other than the identity of the rep. One idea I like (I think it was in a leak a while back) is that it's Min Min but with her default design being the one from a future ARMS 2. This got me thinking that her set of ARMS could also be from that supposed game. Having the ARMS rep use more basic ARMS like Toaster instead of more specialized ones like the projectile-esque Ram Ram or Dragon could after all make them more beginner friendly. Assuming Min Min's popularity also makes her the face and "Ryu" of the supposed sequel, it'd make sense to have her default ARMS be the most basic ones.

Whatever the case, I think it's between Spring Man and Min Min now.
I like the idea that Min Min could possibly be planned to be the main promotional face of ARMS 2, and that putting her in Smash right now is a precursor to that. I'm not sure if they'd have her with a new design or anything especially if we haven't seen anything about a sequel yet. But if a sequel is in development already, who's to say Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are still going to be the main two in the next one?

Well, she doesn't use her arms per se but she uses her ARMS as in the ability/weapon.
I wouldn't count her out just yet.
Technically at least, but I feel like all the Smash players who haven't played ARMS would be a bit confused why the ARMS character is using her hair to fight. I'd be plenty happy for it to be her though.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Technically at least, but I feel like all the Smash players who haven't played ARMS would be a bit confused why the ARMS character is using her hair to fight. I'd be plenty happy for it to be her though.
I'm sure most know about ARMS at this point but if someone still didn't, not bothering to look up the game they're from at all, that's on them really.

Top Bottom