• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
And the anniversary 16th rumor could be true.
Could've sworn that same rumor also said the fighter was gonna be announced the week before the anniversary though since that would be the supposed day the fighter would be released. wHeRe iS IT leaKeR?

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Could've sworn that same rumor also said the fighter was gonna be announced the week before the anniversary though since that would be the supposed day the fighter would be released. wHeRe iS IT leaKeR?
Relax, the week is only mostly over. Once it's completely over, THEN we can start complaining.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
What would you guys think if Sakurai added Mechanica if he was a fan of Tron Bonne in MvC?
Honestly, I'd love to see her in Smash. Just not before Spring Man.

Also, I'm worried that people would point out that Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings stole her thunder.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking that either we get some "tune in for" message tonight or we wait for next week.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm thinking that either we get some "tune in for" message tonight or we wait for next week.
It’s better to just not expect much if anything and be pleasantly surprised if/when some announcement is made. From what I’ve learned, waiting on a potential reveal or announcement is super tiring, especially if they just don’t end up happening. Maybe ”being first” is a thing for some who keep an active eye on announcements, no idea why that would be though.
Or then it’s just desperation for news as mentioned here before lol.

I’m in Europe where I have no idea about time zones and how any announcements are in accordance with the US or Japan etc, so I’m always late to finding anything out anyway haha!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Not necessarily. They never shadow drop things at this time nowadays. It's basically always 2pm where I am
i was thinking about how nintendo probably would have had something on tuesday rather than a shadow drop and yes it is hard to know what would have been in nintendos conference

Trevenant

Smash Lord
They tweeted about Xenoblade Definitive Edition but that's about it. Unless they do it tonight, it's not this week.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well it's still an hour until it's 9am on the west coast. From there we'll see what comes along.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
We may be surprised, but yeah best to start preparing for next week. Leak or not, do you think we may get the reveal on the 16th?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We may be surprised, but yeah best to start preparing for next week. Leak or not, do you think we may get the reveal on the 16th?
I wouldn't think so thanks to Pokemon Isle of Armor but we've been surprised before.

Staarih

Smash Master
I’ve lowkey thought the 16th would make a lot of sense, leak or not, but I’m not gonna go expecting any certain dates since knowing Nintendo, it could literally be any day.

Imagine if they’d gone through with E3, we would know the ARMS character and likely FP7 as well by now, haha!

Trevenant

Smash Lord
The Pokémon news for the DLC was released for almost 2 weeks ago since June 2.
But the DLC launches Wednesday. The release of something as big as Pokemon is pretty much going to annihilate anything else. If it was just an announcement for Pokemon then yeah sure. It could happen next week but I seriously doubt it tbh

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
But the DLC launches Wednesday. The release of something as big as Pokemon is pretty much going to annihilate anything else. If it was just an announcement for Pokemon then yeah sure. It could happen next week but I seriously doubt it tbh
Then I think the release will be the last week of June like Byleth.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At this point, we're definitely gonna see the announcement sometime within the next two weeks or so. The time has come to see if the June 16th leak is real or fake.
Even if we get a June 16th reveal, it may not line up 1:1 with the leak (aka we might not get the Hero/Bowser Jr. situation it speaks of)

Dukefire

Smash Master
For now, the PS5 event is the only thing we know that's happening today (depends on your timezone). Really, lets not try to predict Nintendo's next move since there are a lot of smoke coming from leaks and false conclusions so far on the battlefield

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Even without the pandemic potentially interfering, I feel there will still be a slight gap between reveal and release, at least a week's difference. It's what they did with Byleth after all.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I don’t see how or why the pandemic would cause there to be a week or two in between reveal and release
Translation and localisation might be delayed, which only started for Byleth after he was revealed. That might still be the case, which would only be perpetrated by the pandemic since leaks could be more common and thus more anti-leak measures like a post-reveal localization could’ve been taken.

imo makes more sense than staying silent on the anniversary of ARMS and its Crash Bash as to not come in a calender-week radius of Pokémon

Staarih

Smash Master
Isn’t a gap between reveal and release pretty much a given? I don’t remember any of the characters being released on the same day as they were revealed.

Unless people think ”it’s a character from ARMS!” is the reveal. Which I guess it could technically be, but I’m still sort of expecting the reveal and release being separate.

Last edited:
Isn’t a gap between reveal and release pretty much a given? I don’t remember any of the characters being released on the same day as they were revealed.

Unless people think ”it’s a character from ARMS!” is the reveal. Which I guess it could technically be, but I’m still sort of expecting the reveal and release being separate.
Banjo and Terry were. The only time we’ve had to wait longer than a day or two was Byleth.

Last edited:
All this time, I thought Banjo was revealed at last year's E3. I guess I was hallucinating that part. :ohwell:
I thought we were talking about presentations here? We already know it’s an Arms character. Do we really think they’ll announce it’s from Arms in one presentation, reveal who the character is in another presentation, and then release the character on a third separate date? That feels like too much waiting just for one character

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I thought we were talking about presentations here? We already know it’s an Arms character. Do we really think they’ll announce it’s from Arms in one presentation, reveal who the character is in another presentation, and then release the character on a third separate date? That feels like too much waiting just for one character
Given the context of Staarih's post, no, he wasn't talking about the presentation. He was talking about a character reveal in general.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, I was referring to reveals in general: we still don’t know who the character actually is, so technically a reveal is still needed. But as the character is said to be ”revealed and released” in June, and there’s like two weeks left, they could have it all happen in the same day. But a reveal + presentation, like, next week and actual release a week after that (sort of like Byleth) isn’t out of the realms.

Top Bottom