• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
As I expected, no news for a tournament week. Especially since not even Nintendo is suicidal enough to announce anything on Sony's big PS5 unveiling.
Well, they did it anyway, just released a new trailer for Paper Mario.
If the next weekly event is related to the ARMS fighter we should know about it on Monday-Tuesday.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
7 characters in one? That's a good deal not gonna lie. Now I wanna believe too...
But I still think my most wanted ARMS, Dr. Coyle, has a low chance thanks to her floating gimmick.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Whether the character is standalone or another DQ heroes scenario will be settled very soon I hope

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think the June 16th thing is getting likely.

But I very much doubt we'll get a Hero situation. I think only the date may be accurate.
exactly what i've been thinking

now watch as smash announcements are shadow dropped joker style later today

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just keep in mind, as much as /v/ can spout out a lot of fake things, every once in a while you can get an actual leak. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack, if said haystack was put on top of a pile of manure. Last time that happened, it was for one that everyone missed during the Box Theory incident (mentioning Ken, Incineroar, and Piranha Plant (that was still in development, since a kart was mentioned)). Also said leak threads get deleted automatically anyway when they reach the last page and aren't bumped.

As far as supposed leaks go, it doesn't seem too outrageous. Normally it would be for "insert fan-favorite character that's not the lead here!", but this one sounds like what the staff would do. The only outrageous part is the alts, but even then it does seem doable depending on bodies chosen and the time allotted. Besides, we don't know whether Spring Man will be 1:1 in overall abilities or not, seeing as the only thing specified for the ARMS fighter is stretching.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Was this ever an actual “leak” or was it just people jumping on some “Arms 3 year anniversary” bandwagon leak?
It's both because some people here love to link anniversaries into everything even though the only case of this in Smash history was Little Mac.

Can't find the "leak", but it said that each of Spring Man's palettes would be a different character, effectively adding 8 fighters.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's both because some people here love to link anniversaries into everything even though the only case of this in Smash history was Little Mac.

Can't find the "leak", but it said that each of Spring Man's palettes would be a different character, effectively adding 8 fighters.
would that make sense from a programming standpoint? if they're characters SHARING A SLOT BY "ALTS", would that work? not to mention the fact there are only 10 WoL slots currently including the 4 post pass

Yeah, there’s no reason anyone should believe that. First of all, the “anniversary” thing never happens even though everyone always like to think it will. And second, there’s no practical way they could pull off 8 alt Arms characters in one. Maybe 4-ish, but no way 8.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The anniversary date makes sense to me, but Smash has, to my knowledge, never done that (apart from Little Mac as someone else here said), so it's kind of up in the air when they'll drop them.

8 characters in one, though? Yeaaaaaah gonna say no to that one, lol.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
They can go with alts not as just skins but as characters, like Ninja Turtles in Injustice 2. Saying this, is quite a strech (sad laugh), never happened in Smash, echoes got their own slot, skins are 1:1, Byleth animations are the exception.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
They can go with alts not as just skins but as characters, like Ninja Turtles in Injustice 2. Saying this, is quite a strech (sad laugh), never happened in Smash, echoes got their own slot, skins are 1:1, Byleth animations are the exception.
See, I suggested that too, a while back, but Unikorn and Trevenant said it wouldn't work because it'd sort of conflict with the point of Echo Fighters. Then again, what defines an "Echo Fighter" is a little ambiguous anyways...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
out of curiosity HAS something like the leak is describing been done in ANY other fighter before? I'd imagine not

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
out of curiosity HAS something like the leak is describing been done in ANY other fighter before? I'd imagine not
No, never. If they do that , sharing slot or not, the development of the fighter is still the same: base fighter and derivations. I don't think they will do it, but is an option. It's extra work beyond the character + stage + music + spirits usual pack. But selling the base fighter in the pack, and a new echo fighter alone it's an idea where I can put a bit of money. Springman + Ribbon always looked fine for me.
And regarding my opinion about the leak, it's just fake.
If I got some money to risk, Gamexplain pushed for Min Min 'just as prediction' again in their last video, and well, here I go too. My own bias with the Ramen Bomber also got some weight here, we'll see.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As I expected, no news for a tournament week. Especially since not even Nintendo is suicidal enough to announce anything on Sony's big PS5 unveiling.
it was big? seemed rather dull to me
FE has the Pokémon syndrome, so unless she gets enough demand to be :ultchrom:ed, I can't see her happening.
well considering the very different reasons for them both get so many characters i dont really think you can say that

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Triborg in Mortal Kombat X, who is Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke/Cyber Sub-Zero compressed into one slot due to the game's moveset variations system.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Just keep in mind, as much as /v/ can spout out a lot of fake things, every once in a while you can get an actual leak. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack, if said haystack was put on top of a pile of manure. Last time that happened, it was for one that everyone missed during the Box Theory incident (mentioning Ken, Incineroar, and Piranha Plant (that was still in development, since a kart was mentioned)). Also said leak threads get deleted automatically anyway when they reach the last page and aren't bumped.

As far as supposed leaks go, it doesn't seem too outrageous. Normally it would be for "insert fan-favorite character that's not the lead here!", but this one sounds like what the staff would do. The only outrageous part is the alts, but even then it does seem doable depending on bodies chosen and the time allotted. Besides, we don't know whether Spring Man will be 1:1 in overall abilities or not, seeing as the only thing specified for the ARMS fighter is stretching.
Tbh aside from the blatantly real ones, whenever it's one of those random text leaks that the community swarm over like birds, they more often than not end up being fake as one person posts about how obviously fake it is but discusses the contents nonetheless and then the entire community catches wind of it to give them something to chew on.

That being said, the 16th leak is fake so you shouldn't believe it.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, it doesn't look like we're getting an announcement today. Still, I guess I'll join the bandwagon and say we'll get SOMETHING about it near, if not on the ARMS anniversary. I don't know exactly what, but I'm just trying to come up with a time to work with, so I'll just leave it at that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hopefully we get the announcement of the presentation or the Direct before the 16th.
plot twist: it's on Sunday, the day they were having the finals of the smash online open

idk why but it wouldnt surprise me if they did that

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, considering how Sceptile and Deoxys fans among others are still waiting for their picks to get into Smash, I don't get the impression that fan demand is helping cases like those much.
i never said it was, pokemon has rules that mean its needs the latest gen and sakurai loves FE

GolisoPower

Smash Master
plot twist: it's on Sunday, the day they were having the finals of the smash online open

idk why but it wouldnt surprise me if they did that
I mean, historically that has happened before, right? Like, there's an E3 Smash tournament, and at some point in the midst of all this, Sakurai says to stay tuned for the next challenger. That's usually the song and dance, right?

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I mean, historically that has happened before, right? Like, there's an E3 Smash tournament, and at some point in the midst of all this, Sakurai says to stay tuned for the next challenger. That's usually the song and dance, right?
The only time I recall something similar happening is the August direct for smash being announced at EVO and Sakurai did say that the next DLC character(s) would be announced before E3 last year

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The only time I recall something similar happening is the August direct for smash being announced at EVO and Sakurai did say that the next DLC character(s) would be announced before E3 last year
I remember a lot of people predicting we were going to get a Smash reveal at EVO and it was going to be Heihachi. No one predicted at all we would be getting 5 characters. Though everyone was expecting Simon because of Vergeben.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I remember a lot of people predicting we were going to get a Smash reveal at EVO and it was going to be Heihachi. No predicted at all we would be getting 5 characters. Though Everyone was expecting Simon because of Vergeben.
On the topic of Verge, I wonder why he hasn't came and said the DM is fake yet

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If it's real he probably hasn't come out yet to say anything because he is messing with us. Or he is afraid to say anything because of the Nintenjas. They got on Sabi last year so I imagine they would get on Verge if he spoke up since the next 2 reveals were obliviously originally going to be E3 reveals which is a big deal.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Yeah, he hasn't said anything since Byleth came out. You'd think that someone of infamy like him would want to speak out against one claiming to be him for the sake of reputation or something along those lines.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Yeah, he hasn't said anything since Byleth came out. You'd think that someone of infamy like him would want to speak out against one claiming to be him for the sake of reputation or something along those lines.
Yeah you would. It has gotten one thing right so far but it was a collection of pretty easy guesses so idk.

Top Bottom