• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congrats Sonic players!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I must admit, I for one believe Sonic was low tier at first. But at the start of this month Ive seen Sonic players get better and better by ALOT! The good Sonics I used to play as before were still tough, but I could still manage to beat them, lately now I've been losing to great Sonic players, and I see a huge difference in their playstyle than from a month ago.
This is probably because Sonic is such a hard character to master, I know cause I still use him often.
Now I see Sonic's strategy evolving into a character you can't combo because of spring escaping, alot of mindgames with spin dash cancels so Sonic usually gets in the first hit, and using his mobile attacks to keep hit and run strategy, to annoy your opponents and make Sonic think hes cheap because of that. Although he isnt cheap.
I just think Sonic's metagame just got a WHOLE lot better. What do you people think?

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol

It's more like...

the core group of Sonic players just... well... got alot better overall, as well as with Sonic specifically.

XD

the meatgame still needs more filling though.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
hey calibur, where did you see good sonic players?

and thx for recognizing our endeavers =)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I like that only like... maybe 10 of us have placed well
Not every good Sonic player comes onto smashboards and posts. But, yeah, there's not many great Sonic players, but theres a handful of them that are able to do well in tournaments and humble the top tier character users which are very plenty. Sonic will probably move up on the next updated tier list. You guys should pat yourselves on your spikes. lol.

R4ZE: From playing friendlies on AiB and gamebattles. Like KrazyJones, Tenki, and a couple other Sonic players that I dont remember the names of.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I wish England wasn't such a shit scene for tournies lol.
There's only been like 3 main ones.
I get a fair bit of practise against tourny go-ers though. I'm just too lazy to find my way to tournies and stuff lol, if they're ever on, which they're not ¬_¬

My Sonic actually seems like he's improving again, which is odd because I've been ignoring him largely lately for like Ike and Fox ;o

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Funny how as caliburchamp posted this, Sonic dropped to second to last in Ankoku's Tournament rankings O.o

Sonics have definitely been improving a lot. People may call it fanboyism, but I see no reason why Sonic can't be a tournament viable character(notice I said viable and not necessarily standard), and plenty of reason why he could be.

Personally though, its unfortunate that my skills overall, not just with sonic, have been deteriorating due to overall lack of practice after having moved into college. I don't have my Wii with me until I get a TV, and I wish I did because sometimes it gets way boring in my dorm O.o I only get to play, rarely, on the weekends now ='(

With Sonic specifically, I've been resorting to your noobish predictability like Spring>Dair all the time in the last couple of matches I've played(Lol tenki can attest to that who totally owned me in almost every sonic ditto round we played last weekend XD). It doesn't bother me so much that I've been getting worse due to lack to practice, as I can gain that back. Moreso its that I feel like I have less of a say in the community when I can't win some matches I normally would be able to ='(

Yea, I just vented about my Sonic playing drama on smashboards, so what? I should start a Smash Bros Soap Opera! =P

Anyways. Sonic rocks. Keep smashing.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Funny how as caliburchamp posted this, Sonic dropped to second to last in Ankoku's Tournament rankings O.o

Sonics have definitely been improving a lot. People may call it fanboyism, but I see no reason why Sonic can't be a tournament viable character(notice I said viable and not necessarily standard), and plenty of reason why he could be.

Personally though, its unfortunate that my skills overall, not just with sonic, have been deteriorating due to overall lack of practice after having moved into college. I don't have my Wii with me until I get a TV, and I wish I did because sometimes it gets way boring in my dorm O.o I only get to play, rarely, on the weekends now ='(

With Sonic specifically, I've been resorting to your noobish predictability like Spring>Dair all the time in the last couple of matches I've played(Lol tenki can attest to that who totally owned me in almost every sonic ditto round we played last weekend XD). It doesn't bother me so much that I've been getting worse due to lack to practice, as I can gain that back. Moreso its that I feel like I have less of a say in the community when I can't win some matches I normally would be able to ='(

Yea, I just vented about my Sonic playing drama on smashboards, so what? I should start a Smash Bros Soap Opera! =P

Anyways. Sonic rocks. Keep smashing.
Ankoku's list isn't perfect. Sonic is definitly not 2nd worst character in the game. So far the characters that have improved the most so far in my opinion is Sonic and Yoshi, now that players have different strategies for them than like a month ago. Anyways, dont give up on Sonic, he has some very good traits, the only bad thing is his low KO power, but that actually keeps him balanced. And I'll continue using him too, (just not as much as Kirby, lol). And dont underestimate Sonic players, his metagame is improved.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
so much to say so little time...
1.i want to know these good sonics that dont come on smashboards, because i know they exist, i just dont know who they are. the only name i know that fits that description is RockCrock, and i know nothing about him, some guy just randomly name dropped him talking about good sonics
2. memphis is right theres about 10-15 really good sonics in the country. and he is not one of them. man.. he really gets spanked at the tourneys he goes to
3. tenki became a good sonic, when he became the first sonic main to use a form of pivoting in battle.
btw i am the second.
4. sonic dropped that low in tourney rankings for 2 reasons... Me not placing as high as I used to in tourneys and not having as many tourneys to go to recently. and 2. Mr. 3000 not placing as high in tourneys as he used to. the most recent texas tourney, he got 13th place
5. KASR where the hell did you go, and how did you place in that tourney that you wer talking about right before you disappeared

Top Bottom