• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Conglomerate Tier List- Now with Mexico Tier List

highfive

Smash Lord
If anyone can find me a link to a readable Mexican or Italian tier list I'd gladly make a new one.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
someone posted the mexican list on the 1st page of this highfive, i'd give you the link but i'm sure you can find it XD

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
So if Japan's metagame is campy, then why is Jiggs so low?

humble

Smash Ace
Yay for bending time and space in favor of Pit- or at least, the tier lists; thanks Japan and Mexico!

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
Because Jiggs will suck no matter how hard you try.
Even as a Jiggs main, I second this. Jiggs is not the most sucky by far, but it still has little to no chance in the current metagame. I can see it going one spot up, two if Yoshi goes down. But I don't really see Jiggs doing anything unless an uber technique is discovered.

TheMike

Smash Lord
If anyone can find me a link to a readable Mexican or Italian tier list I'd gladly make a new one.
A guy called Tin Man posted the Mexican chart on the ROB Boards in a thread created by ChiboSempai where we were talking about ROB vs Fox.

He only posted the chart without a link, but a Mexican player went there and said things about the list. Which means you can use my post on the first page for it being a real regional list.

Here's the thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255268

TheMike

Smash Lord
You're welcome, highfive. Btw, why don't you try to divide the characters into S/A/B/C/D/E/F/ Tier or something similar to that?

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff v. Meta matchup in the US: 45:55
In Mexico: 10:90

Am I missing something?

highfive

Smash Lord
That's who I missed. It was just that him and Pit had the same average so I guess I jumped over him

Jski

Smash Apprentice
Ya with that it seems better. I do not get why fox is so high though i play him a good bit but it always seems to just be ok not that great. May be its because he sees to do ok vs like mk?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think ideally, fox could be 15th best in the game. Top 5 is kind of ridiculous though rofl, and so is bottom 10 or w.e those other lists have him at.

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
I remember seeing the Italian list somewhere, I just can't find it. I'll keep trying though.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i like how pit moved all the way up to 8 only the US don't have him high.

Also now that the Mexican list is in it ganon is once again last

Jski

Smash Apprentice
Well he seems to be the type that should be camping or doing mamping (where you camp in such a way that your not so much staying in one spot but you are moving arone in the mob as a way to avoed some one) well that what some of my friends call it lol.

Browny

Smash Hater
needs more weight on the US tier list imo. something like a 40:20:20:20 split might be right... its just very unnacruate when an entire region might not have a single top-level competitive main of one character (looks at mexico and DK). US at least has this :/

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
It just doesn't make sense how bad puff's MUs are on the Mexican list...10% on MK, when she is almost 50-50 with him now?

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
My thread was locked and they said post it here, so here it is. Similar formula, but with no Mexico yet and with The Rank and Match Up thread included. Here it is:

1. Take the position of the character in the "Matchup Thread" This number is added to the character's score.

(For Example: MetaKnight would get 1 point for being in first, Snake would 2, ect, ect.)

2. For the next point value, you take the characters position in the "Tourney Results" thread and give them a point allotment for their position.

(For Example: MetaKnight would get 1 point for being in first, Snake would 2, ect, ect.)

3. I Take their position in the American, Japanese, and Brazilian tier lists, and each character gets there score from each based on the position. (For example, Ganon would get 37 points in the American tier list for being in last in that list)

4. I Average each score, and then rank. (The lowest score is first, ect, ect.)
A lot of this list surprised me, and there were a lot of things that I did not agree with on this list, personally. But I didn't put any of my own opinions into it. It is just the opinions of whoever makes the tier list in the three zones, and the statistics of tourney results and Match ups. If this were my own, Jigglypuff would definitely not be last. Yoshi was the big shocker in my opinion. You can thank the Brazilions and his Match Ups for that one.I also realized that the differences near the top were much larger compared to how close the bottom was. I don't know the cause of this for sure. (Possibly since less effort is put into ranking the bottom tier in tier lists, they would vary much more from list to list).

Note: Tier splits are placed whenever there is a large difference in number.
Also: Zelda and Sheik are counted as one character. Whenever they are shown to be apart on a list, I would average both scores together.

And now I present, FaWa's tier list Formula v1.0:

God

1. Metaknight---1
2. Snake---2
3. Falco---4.34
3. Marth---4.34
3. King DeDeDe---4.34
6. Wario---4.67

7. Diddy---5.5
8. Olimar---6.17
9. Ice Climbers---6.83
10. Mr. Game and Watch---7.5
11. Kirby---7.65

High

12. R.O.B---8.33
13. Zero Suit Samus---8.5
14. Donkey Kong---8.67

Mid-High

15. Pikachu---11.33
15. Lucario---11.33
17. Pit---11.67
18. Toon Link---12.5

Middle

19. Wolf---15.83
20. Peach---16
21. Ike---17
22. Fox---17.17

Mid-Low

23. Zelda/Sheik---20
24. Luigi---22
25. Yoshi---22.17
26. Bowser---22.67
27. Sonic---23.17
28. Pokemon Trainer---23.5
29. Link---23.83

Low

30. Ness---24.17
30. Lucas---24.17
32. Mario---24.33

Bottom

33. Ganondorf---27.33
34. Samus---28.17
35. Captain Falcon---28.67
36. Jigglypuff---29

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
It just doesn't make sense how bad puff's MUs are on the Mexican list...10% on MK, when she is almost 50-50 with him now?
People should stop saying <Insert bad character here> is even/close to even with MK, really you guyyyyyys it's truuue. **** got old a year ago.

Aibou

Smash Master
*looks at edited list*

Okay then scratch everything I said before, this is just fine
:bigthumbu

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
A question:

When you added the Mexican list in, did you just add the scores (Conglomerate + Mexican) and then divide by two?

Or did you multiply the conglomerate by three (the sum of the other three lists), and Mexican, and then divide by four?

The second way is more accurate if you're taking averages. If you did it the other way, then you've given the Mexican list a bit more credit than the others.

Sorry, I just wanted clarification.

On a side note, maybe the size of the smash scene in the respective countries/communities could be taken into consideration? Maybe if you could find the number of people per community, you could make the weight of each tier list equivilant to that of its community (I can explain this a bit more if you find it reasonable).

:034:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
If anything, I think diddy and falco will keep raising on the tier list.

I heard that Wario was last on Chile's tier list. This isn't true right?

TheMike

Smash Lord
GreenFox said:
I agree wow how'd she manage to get that high
Blame Japan and Mexico.

UltimateRazer said:
I heard that Wario was last on Chile's tier list. This isn't true right?
It's probably a Characters Ranking and not a Tier List lol

Top Bottom