• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Assisst Trophy Characters

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
I think the dog from Duck Hunt would be the best "Goldeen" of ATs. Star Fox characters like Slippy and Peppy would be attackers if they were ATs.

I hope they come up with some really off the wall ATs. Like Bleak, the snowman boss in Donkey Kong Country 3. He would pop up in the background and throw snowballs at people.
graeat idea however i would prefer kudgel from dkc 2 he'll junp around and if he hits you does massive damage also when he lands anyone on the ground is paralyzed

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
EBA: Pop up out of nowhere and begin showing off their flashy dance moves. The other characters follow suit and try their hardest to emulate the EBA's dancing skillz. =)

Caael

Smash Lord
I was just thinking of another AC but I came up with the Breyman mask from Majora's mask which would make characters follow the Breyman, and are unable to escape unless attacked.

That would be the funniest thing ever.

You and your friends are having an intense battle, out pops Breyman, your friends are helpless. There's nothing they can do, and you're just pissing yourself laughing. I'm pissing myself laughing imagining it, and it's not even gonna happen.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
...okay then...unneeded information there.

Elite Beat Agents...that could work. They appear on the stage and start dancing, all of your opponents near them start dancing with them, leaving them defenceless...I like it...Dancing Bowser anyone?

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Jimmy T from the Warioware series would make a pretty awesome AT character. On the other hand, if they put the Elite Beat Agents in as an AT, then Jimmy T would be kinda redundant. I still would like to see another warioware character make an apperance though (maybe Crygor).

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
...okay then...unneeded information there.

Elite Beat Agents...that could work. They appear on the stage and start dancing, all of your opponents near them start dancing with them, leaving them defenceless...I like it...Dancing Bowser anyone?
That made me lol.

Your opponents start dancing xD

I like it also. Effective and funny. :laugh:

Quintalian

Smash Rookie
How about this one?

Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing series) -- He burrows quickly through the ground. When he hits an opponent on the ground, he pops up and gives 'em a good lecture! Leaves the opponent in Shield Break status. If any Assists actually need to be unlocked first, then Resetti's unlock condition is to have reset the game in the middle of gameplay (or possibly quit in the middle of a versus match) at least once.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Oh, the possibilities of Assist Trophies.

Super Mario Bros.
- VIVIAN: chucks dark flames.
- KING BOO: chases foes when they´re not looking.
- MALLOW: substantially heals the one who released him.
- PIANTISSIMO II: runs across the stage, punching obstructions.
- WALUIGI: releases a bomb barrage.
- DAISY: kicks a soccer ball into a targeted foe.

Donkey Kong
- KING K. ROOL: directs cannon fire toward the stage.
- LANKY KONG: snipes enemies with his berry rifle.
- TINY KONG: minimizes nearby foes.

Yoshi´s Island
- KAMEK: curses one battler, steadily inflicting damage.
- FYREBALL: spits flaming eggs which travel in an arc.

The Legend of Zelda
- SARIA: performs Saria´s song with the ocarina, dazing nearby foes.
- NABOORU: combos the closest fighter with her scimitar.
- TETRA: ropes an enemy with the Grappling Hook, pulling them close.
- ZANT: teleports to another part of the stage to attack a random foe.
- WOLF LINK: signals foes out and dashes into them rapidly.

Kirby
- WADDLE DEE: runs around; no effect.
- O2: drifts into the background and shoots crystals.
- CLOAKED NIGHTMARE: hovers above and shoots black stars down.
- ADELAINE: paints an item on her canvas, which then materializes.

Metroid
- DARK SAMUS: releases an aural pulse of dark energy.
- METROID: latches onto a battler and steadily inflicts damage.
- MOTHER BRAIN: shocks nearby foes with electric pulses.
- SYLUX: releases a missile barrage.

Star Fox
- TRICKY: breathes fire on the closest foe.
- SLIPPY: leaves a massively destructive laser cannon behind.
- ANDROSS (pixelated) : drifts into the background and breathes tiles onto the stage.
- PANTHER CAROSSO: dashes at blinding speed, attaching a bomb to an enemy.

MOTHER
- PAULA: performs PK Freeze, encasing the closest enemy in a block of ice.
- JEFF: fires three Bottle Rockets which home into battlers.
- BONEY: combos the closest foe.
- FLINT: hefts a massive two by four and launches it forth.

Fire Emblem
- OGUMA: leaps into the air and brings his sword down on an enemy.
- NABARL: runs his sword through all foes in a chain, but is rather slow.
- NINO: causes several fiery explosions to occur around her.
- FLORINA: leaps into the sky with her pegasus, then descends to impale a foe.
- WOLT: kneels and targets the enemy, then fires three consecutive arrows.
- BLACK KNIGHT: performs a devastating but slow sword slash.

F-Zero
- SAMURAI GORO: rampantly slashes foes in front of him.
- BLOOD FALCON: performs a dark version of the Falcon Punch with greater reach and power.

Animal Crossing
- KK SLIDER: plays his guitar, dazing nearby foes.

WarioWare
- 9-VOLT: hurls a random Nintendo accessory at a foe.
- MONA: plays her guitar, dazing nearby foes.

Kid Icarus
- MEDUSA: fires a beam that petrifies intercepted battlers.

And so on.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Blood Falcon is Captain Falcon's costume since he is literally supposed to be a clone of Falcon. I don't think he would be an assist trophy. Dark Samus should spew out a blast of phazon instead, and the radiation will constantly damage until it wears off. Sylux...I'd rather have him use his special weapon from the game. Poo from Earthbound should unleash Psi Starstorm. Can't really give my opinion on the others since I don't really have an opinion on them. Metroid has been something I had been hoping for a while.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Why does everybody keep saying that the EBA should be an AT? They need to be playable, dammit!! T_T The sad thing is, though, that it's probably more likely that they'll be an AT, since their entire game revolves around them showing up out of nowhere to help other people. Wah. :(

Now let's see. Who would make for a good AT? Like some people have said, the Duck Hunt dog should be the AT equivalent of Goldeen. It should pop out, giggle at you for a few seconds, and then leave. The Dr. Mario viruses would also be pretty sweet. Maybe even (dare I say it?) a Master Hand AT? Also, I think that all of the characters from Melee that don't make it into Brawl should be made into AT's (except maybe Pichu. It can be in a Pokeball).

3rd party AT's are a definite possibility. Whether there are 3rd party AT's from games outside the 3rd party characters series is still questionable, though. As long as we're guessing, though, I may as well throw a few names in there myself: Revolver Ocelot, Tails, and Protoman.

Other than that, I hope we get to see some AT's from games/series that don't get any rep otherwise. We already know of one (Nintendog, if you really needed me to tell you), so I hope to see a lot more of those. Kyle Hyde for AT!

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Fawful: Flys above the stage enough that you can still see him and start blasting people with his laser headgear while screaming "I HAVE FURY!"

Laughing Dog: He can simply do his laugh like what people are saying,or he can pop up,having tall grass appear around him and duck starts flying out of it,and if they get it by them The Dog will do his trademark laugh.

Kamek:Can throw a spell at a player that will have a random effect(sleeping,frozen in ice,stuck in the ground,poison,do major dmage,or even at rare times heal them)

Lanky Kong:Can his arms to hit players from long sitances.

Prof.E. Gadd-Has three different ones that he will use at random 1.Will either give his summoner a random item 2.Uses the FLUDD to hit someone with a rush of water 3.Use the Poltergeist 9000 to suck someone up,and rocket them out(Like Yoshi's gulp attack but with a longer distance and shoots them out farther.

Toad:puff out spores,jump at a foe,or toss a veggie out of the ground.

Stanley the Bugman:Runs at opponents and sprays bug spray on them,which could briefly poison them.

Elite Elite Agents:Can everyone else around to start dancing while you can pound awy at them.

Waluig: Does his Whirluigi move,causing every enemy damage and dizziness.

Peppy and Slippy:Hops into Arwings and blows away people while doing their normal weird dialogue.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Why does everybody keep saying that the EBA should be an AT? They need to be playable, dammit!! T_T The sad thing is, though, that it's probably more likely that they'll be an AT, since their entire game revolves around them showing up out of nowhere to help other people. Wah. :(
It's because they're simply the ideal AT!
However brilliant and awesome a game designer is, how could he possibly make an EBA character with a moveset that adequately reflects just how god**** GROOVY they are?
I just, inspired by your post, watched a bit of EBA on Youtube for the first time, and I can already say they're the one AT I'm really looking forward to.
I'd fall right off my chair laughing whenever they'd pop up. :chuckle:

By the way, it's been said before, but Tingle is a must as an AT.
Why?
Because he needs to be in in SOME form, and that's the one that works best for him and won't bother me too much. :p

tirkaro

Smash Champion
BLARG, MY LIST IS TOO LONG D:

Mario:
toad-runs around, flailing his arms luigi style
waluigi-throws a giant bob-omb with a banzai-bill like radius
geno-uses geno wirl, which can either do little damage, or be an instant K.O.
goomba-walks around, damaging anyone who touches it
blooper-sprays ink on the screen
shy guy- calls on a giant horde of shy guys who stampede the stage.
koopa football players-charges at high speed.
koopa wizard- turns opponent into an egghead.:laugh:
boo- makes summoner invisible

Zelda:
old man-hands a player a sword item.
octorock- shoots pebbles. afterwards, link gets so hungry, that he eats him.(j/k :laugh: )
redead- *****, er, I mean, sucks the life out of a player.
moblin- rides around on a boar while slashing.
zant- uses scorcery and makes it rain energy balls of doom.
majora/skull kid- drops the moon.

Kirby:
waddle dee- jumps around while crashing into players
gooey- swallows player, until s/he escapes.
the meta knights- start jumping around the stage, firing arrows, using ball-and-chain things, slashing at stuff, axing things, etc.
kine- splashes around, slapping people with its tail.
adeline- paints a bunch of items that materialize.

Metroid:
space pirate- does normal, space pirate crap.
metriod- latches onto a player, while draining thier health
galactic commander/soldier/guy- shoots their guns in a set position
dark samus-creates a giant phazon barrier.

fire emblem:
cant think of any that wouldn't do the whole "sword combo" crap :ohwell:

F-zero:
pico-takes out a sniping gun, and shoots a random opposing player.
stewart- takes out a first aid kit, that heals anyone that touches it by a bit (think chopper or sanji's 2 koma in jump ultimate stars)

Kid icarus:
eggplant wizard- turns people into flippin' eggplants :p
medusa- turns everyone who looks at her into stone

mother:
jeff- fires gun that stuns
poo- uses mad marial art skillz
paula- uses some Pk move
lucas- never played M3 :ohwell:
flint- same as above

star fox:
star fox team-shoots at the opponents with precise aim
star wolf team- just shoots at complete random, like in the past stages
andross- appears in the background and shoots lighting bolts and lazers from it's hands.

other nintendo-
the elite beat agents/ouendan- cheers on character, causing them to become stronger
kalas- does a magnus combo, and ends it off with a random super magnus
KOS-MOS- shoots with her giant machine gun of doom.
ballon fighter- takes an opponent, and tries to make him/her rise up to thier doom
doshin the giant- stomps around the stage
hikari and donbe-calls on a bunch of animals to rampage the stage
ayumi tachibana- throws her suitcase?

Konami:
simon belmont- uses a whip combo
contra dude- runs around while shooting a super scope-like gun
goemon and ebisumaru- a player can hop on thier backs and start piggyback riding them, and goemon hits opponents with his kiseru
psyco mantis- switches everyone's controls around
vic viper- flies around, shooting things, all gradius-style.
dracula- sends out a bunch of bats that suck the life out of the players
revolver ocelot- takes out some cartoony guns and starts shooting
power pro-kun- throws baseballs at his opponent with a baseball bat
twinbee- shoots with his gun....shooter....thing.....while flying around the stage.
DDR dancer- starts dancing, causing arrows of doom to fly up.

capcom (if megaman makes it in):
Protoman- plays his whistle, and then jumps around, shooting.
Bass- fuses with treble, and fires a lazer canon into the ground
Dr. Wily- uses his giant machineand his army of robot masters to wreak havoc
ryu- does a punch, punch, shoryuken, and hadoken combo
dan- same as ryu, but weaker, and he finishes it off with his "yuri" pose.
gouki/akuma- does the shun goku shatsu
pheonix wright- yells "HOLD IT" causing everyone except the summoner to freeze
veiwtiful joe- slows down time, then speeds it up.
G red- slashes his sword a couple of times, and does that rising-yellow thing.

sega(if sonic makes it):
knuckles- glides around the stage, knocking his knuckles into people.
tails-flies up, and drops down.
sho(from burning rangers): sets the opponent on fire, and then puts it out
NiGHTS- acts as mew/celebi would.
alex kidd-uses shinobi skills.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Why does everyone want Toad as an AT all of a sudden? =( He needs to be playable, dammit!

@ HT:
It's not that I'd prefer EBA as an AT, it's just that I doubt their chances of being playable. I'd be more than happy to see them on the playable roster and I'd be certain to play as them quite often, but I just don't see them as PCs. Either way, I do expect them to be implemented into Brawl in some form. =)

ZOMG YES PROTOMAN! Ahh he would be a PERFECT AT! I can just hear his Whistle Theme now...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I don't know what AT character should have this ability, but I was thinking something cool that an AT could do is...appear and summon a clone of every character on the field, and the clones could could be darker or shadows or I guess even identical to make it difficult, and then each clone would attack/harass his corresponding player until one of them died or for a certain period of time.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I hope they have an AT that makes a gang of Pikmin chase after your enemies and whack the crap out of them until they're eventually booted of the stage (and since pikmin is 100% nintendo, it's completely possible that there will be a Pikmin AT in the game).

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I hope they have an AT that causes a gang of Pikmin to chase after your enemies and whack the crap out of them until they're eventually booted of the stage (and since pikmin is 100% nintendo, it's completely possible that there will be a Pikmin AT in the game).

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Nice first...two...posts. :bigthumbu Anyway, welcome to the boards.

I think Louie should be an AT, and Olimar a PC. That would be amazing.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Olimar is probably the most likely newcomer, so a Pikmin AT--or a group of Pikmin as an AT--is almost certain.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Olimar is probably the most likely newcomer, so a Pikmin AT--or a group of Pikmin as an AT--is almost certain.

Yeah,if there's a character for a certain series in SSBB,an AT from that same series probably will too.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I don't know why I dind't think of it before, but custom robo is a pretty big franchise that is solely owned by nintendo and could easily become an AT. And, anyway, there's no reason to exclude fighting robots from this game. And i've been wondering is it possible to make ATs, stages, and even characters buyable over wi-fi?:confused:

paradoxauthor

Smash Rookie
It could come in the form of an exspasion pack! I also thought of an assist trophy character when I saw Smashville. Tom Nook! He would appear, and drop a big bag of bells on you!

Cyrus Falcon

Smash Rookie
I could actually see two characters as AT characters. Those two are Kracko (Kirby) and Andross. (Starfox)

Kracko would do what he does in Kirby Air Ride. When summoned , he floats to the top of the screen and shocks every other player that didn't summon him.

Andross would go to the background of the stage and try to slap, punch, fire lasers at, or swallow every opponent except for the one who summoned him.

So...you like my idea?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
I don't know why I dind't think of it before, but custom robo is a pretty big franchise that is solely owned by nintendo and could easily become an AT. And, anyway, there's no reason to exclude fighting robots from this game. And i've been wondering is it possible to make ATs, stages, and even characters buyable over wi-fi?:confused:
i think ray01 will either be PC or he won't be in at all. now raymkII i don't know about

and i am also hoping for online updates to the game, maybe some ac-pc conversions

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
I'm afraid Ridley and Dedede will hit AT dom because well..

Ridley would just fly at you and attack, be too huge for a playable char being a dragon..
Dedede only eats people and swings his hammer....

I rest my case.

Plus, what moveset is Olimar supposed to have? He seems more AT likely because all he really does is do things with the Pikmin...... like, he can walk by and all the Pikmin will walk through the screen and do damage. Seems likely, but...

No Olimar.. you guys need to think what actual moves they might have and not just say, OH THIS DUDE IS NINTENDO HE GUNNA BE A CHAR1!111!1!!!!1.. You need to think..
Wolf for example, wouldnt he just be another clone of Fox like Falco?
Although, I like the idea for Stafy, he might turn out to be a noob character seeing this like "Star Tackle" move on youtube or whatever it is, he turns into a shooting star and teleports. I noticed the people could spam it, that could mean he might be AS aswell because of only have such few moves. Toad seems more AT related aswell.. He doesnt fit the fighting type. Theres already a ton of Mario characters as it is..

Krystal seems like the only new Starfox character to be in Brawl because she actually has her OWN moves and not moves from fox and such. Exept for maybe Laser Blaster that is.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
wow axemangx i want to kill you right now.
1. ridley can be sized downed, he wasn't much taller then samus in the melee trailer, bowser was sized down, kirby was sized up. remeber these aren't the real characters, they are trophies, which makes it hard for one to be mega huge.
2. all fox does is drive a spaceship, all captain falcon does is race, all sonic does is run fast, all mario does is jump and shoot fireballs.

i rest my case sir...

Vali

Smash Ace
I'm afraid Ridley and Dedede will hit AT dom because well..

Ridley would just fly at you and attack, be too huge for a playable char being a dragon..
Dedede only eats people and swings his hammer....

I rest my case.
And what a case it was. Apart from being devoid of any points which actually made logical sense that is. Ridley has plenty of moves and easily could be scaled down in the same way that Bowser was, considering that Bowser is most likely over 3 times the size of Ridley at least. He's huge, as you'd know if you ever played Super Mario Sunshine or to a lesser extent Super Mario 64. The whole trophy thing that Clark pointed out also beats the hell out of any size argument anyway.

King Dedede would er...have a hammer based moveset perhaps? It's more creative that just another character that punches and kicks as many of them do, and his eating people also just goes to allow a further expansion into a pseudo-Kirby style attack or 2, but could be used for more offensive purposes.

Plus, what moveset is Olimar supposed to have? He seems more AT likely because all he really does is do things with the Pikmin...... like, he can walk by and all the Pikmin will walk through the screen and do damage. Seems likely, but...

No Olimar.. you guys need to think what actual moves they might have and not just say, OH THIS DUDE IS NINTENDO HE GUNNA BE A CHAR1!111!1!!!!1.. You need to think..
You need to think before posting. Olimar would obviously use Pikmin in conjunction with regular kicks and punches (yes he does punch in Pikmin 2) and the Pikmin seem to have limitless possibilities. Just go to the Olimar thread and you'll see plenty of movesets and maybe you'll avoid embaressing yourself with sentences like "OH THIS DUDE IS NINTENDO HE GUNNA BE A CHAR1!111!1!!!!1".

Wolf for example, wouldnt he just be another clone of Fox like Falco?
Only to the unimaginative. Oh and also Toad also was a playable character in Super Mario Bros. 2 and was the strongest, and until more recently it where Toad was resigned more to the role of party host etc. there were Toads for example in Paper Mario that trained in martial arts and the strongest enemy in the game was a Toad called "The Master". More facts that you should research (can be found all over this board) before making controversial comments.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Dedede never punched in the original games, he only jumped on people, ate them, and swing his hammer.

Olimar seems like he'd get the Pikmin to attack people on the stage

Ridley would slash, etc.

I'm not so sure about K. Rool either.. he seems more like a Giga Bowser sort of character being the size he is. Clearly bigger than bowser yes, but how are they gunna fit in his Wrestling like moves?

Hey, everyones a critic.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
...hold on a minute. If Olimar actually does end up as a playable character, wouldn't a pikmin attack be his final smash?

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Dedede never punched in the original games, he only jumped on people, ate them, and swing his hammer.
Captain Falcon never punched in the original games, he only drove his Blue Falcon and crashed or w/e.

Also I think Jr. Troopa might be a cool Assist Trophy.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon never punched in the original games, he only drove his Blue Falcon and crashed or w/e.

Also I think Jr. Troopa might be a cool Assist Trophy.
Thats almost exactly why Captain Falcon is god in this game. No original move set from his games, they just thought it up sucky. Dedede is someone I want in this game but he won't be a high tier god. You actually saw Dedede more than once do something, the creative minds behind smash will make it possible.

no offense Captain falcon fans

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Dedede would be completely pointless! Who wants a bigger kirby in the game? I mean they both float, eat people, swing over-sized hammers, and that's about it. Dedede would just be a kirby clone and a waste of roster space. I hope he is not in the game as a character, AT, or even somone in the backround of a level.

VOTE NO FOR DEDEDE

Tanea

Smash Ace
i say that they use the secondary mario characters as trophies

And fizzle boy you have a point but dedede is heavier than kirby and stronger so
if he is a clone he will be different because he wil be able to do more ofr less than kirby

also he eats people and spites them out then who knows maybe they can give him some water or ice powers.

don't limit yourself to what you have seen but, i still see your point.

Top Bottom