• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Assisst Trophy Characters

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
actually, the idea of assist trophies are pretty cool, if we knew what they all were.. the tension comes from not knowing, therefore fostering the posibility that characters we really want to see playable are made into ATs. There are plenty of minor and more obscure characters that would make perfect ATs, but let's hope Sakurai, as the diety of Super Smash Bros, does not decide to be wrathful, and make characters we want to see playable into ATs.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE SUGGESTED SKULL KID.

He's not a MINION. With the Majora's Mask on he IS the boss.

GRAAAH.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
actually, the idea of assist trophies are pretty cool, if we knew what they all were.. the tension comes from not knowing, therefore fostering the posibility that characters we really want to see playable are made into ATs. There are plenty of minor and more obscure characters that would make perfect ATs, but let's hope Sakurai, as the diety of Super Smash Bros, does not decide to be wrathful, and make characters we want to see playable into ATs.
I'm thinking that ATs were an addon later. As in...Sakurai already had the roster lined up, and wanted to please more fans by adding more character cameos. I don't think you have to worry about the top picks (Dedede, Ridley, Diddy, etc.); it's just those sort of "on the bubble" characters. Looking back, Goroh wasn't even on any of his polls. I consider it a blessing and not a curse to have ATs.

Oh, and I think that Skull kid would actually be a pretty good AT. And these aren't just minions, seeing as Goroh is an AT...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
sorry i was refering to those characters and other minions

also i would like to see lesser heroes like toadsworth and kongs like chunky to be ATs too

i suspect around 20-30 ATs

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ridley fans, do not fear. I would be hard-pressed to believe that Sakurai would ignore such vehement support and let Ridley play second fiddle to the rest of the playable characters. The worry, as grim lizard pointed out, is for those "on the bubble" characters: Toad (please let him fight!), Skull Kid, Falco, etc. It's anyone's game to see who's in and who's almost-in.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
The thing I fear is knowing some characters were cut from melee because of time restriants, I'm worried that they may now be more willing to cast these guys into trophies if they are running short on time. But I feel like at the same time the've finished the roster list already.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't think Skullkid would make a bad playable character, but I think he's more likely to be an AT.

I never said Sonic should be an AT. I said if Sonic were to be a playable character, other Sega characters(Knights, Tails, Knuckles, ect...) could make cameos as ATs.

I think God was losing sleep at night wondering if Samurai Goroh was going to be playable or not.

Here's some good AT ideas:

Professor Oak -Throws out 2 pokeballs that open up as random Pokemon that help the person who summoned Oak.

Kaptain K. Rool -I think King K. Rool should be a playable character, but his pirate alter ego would be a good AT. He comes out and shoots people with his gun.

Duck Hunt Dog -The Goldeen of ATs. It pops up in the corner and laughs at you for not getting anything good.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm sure it's darn near ready for release; now they're just building up more steam and tension so as to make the release as climactic as possible.

Mach Rider and Balloon Fighter are, in my opinion, almost shoe-ins for AT status, Mach Rider especially after seeing Wario's SideB.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm sure it's darn near ready for release; now they're just building up more steam and tension so as to make the release as climactic as possible.

Mach Rider and Balloon Fighter are, in my opinion, almost shoe-ins for AT status, Mach Rider especially after seeing Wario's SideB.
I'd say yes to Mach Rider, but I wouldn't count out BF just yet...

Brawlman

Smash Ace
...Poor Goroh...oh well.

My Expectations:

Toad
Tingle
Darknut
Waluigi
Random Fire Emblem Character
Laughing Dog
Waddle Doo
Mii
Kremling
Arwing/Wolfen
Little Mac
Bob-Bomb
Skull Kid

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I laugh at the fear that Ridley might be an AT. That's completely absurd.
If anyone else says it, I will whack them with a wet noodle.
I'm hoping Pikmin's critical acclaim and general awesomeness saves Olimar from such a fate.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If both Toad AND Little Mac get the almost-axe, I'm going to have a BF. Seriously. Not only would my favorite game character of all time get denied playability, but so would one of my personal favorites from oh-so long ago.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind seeing Ridley as an AT,he'd have a pretty cool attack I'm sure.If he's playable,that's good too.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
no fing way little mac is going to be an assist. waluigi, wario ware characters, and rhondus maybe, but not little mac.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
my predictions for AT's (about 3 for each series i could think of):

Mario:
Toad
Hammer Bros.
Boo
Koopa

DK:
Kremlin
Dixie
Krusha
The other characters from DK64 (not diddy)
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
Candy Kong

Kirby:
Waddle Dee
2 other guys that kirb can copy abilites from (their names escape me)

Fire Emblem:
have't played a game so i don't know any characters

Starfox:
Slippy
Tricky
Peppy
(Slippy and peppy could be similar to arwings in past starfox stages, just more powerful/accurate)
RO.B. the robot

Zelda:
Moblins
Skulluta

Pokemon:
Pokeballs, duh

Yoshi:
Shyguys
Kamek

Other Games:
Samurai Gorah
Nintendogs
Balloon Fighter
Mach Rider

Keep in mind i am basing this list on the assumption that all characters will be returning

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Am I right in saying that this definitely changes how we predict characters? I mean, right now short to MARIO himself seems to up for AT status. Like I heard that Luigi could become an assister,and he seemed serious! I mean,Samurai Goroh was considered if not a front runner he had pretty good chances,and now hes done. And people are going to be pissed if some obscure character becomes a PC. They be like "How did so-and-so make it over Samurai Goroh? And I'm terrified for the obscure retro characters now because guys like Balloon Righter,Mach Rider,and ROB who I originally thought had very chances may very well become Assist Trophies!

Stryks

Smash Hero
WTF?! MACH RIDER PLAYABLE!!!

Also I hate to say it, but I can see Zant as a AT, seeing how as playable his chances are somewhat low...

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I was thinking,who would like to see Miis become ATs? You could randomly have a couple Miis you've made fight for you,how cool would that be? Of course, if you haven't made any Miis(which is EXTREMELY unlikely) a randomly generated one will pop up,probably using moves from Wii Sports.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
1) I want Toad as a PC more than ever now, if only to spite the naysayers. =P

2) When people make these "possible AT character" lists, they put too much stock in existing franchises. Look deeper and explore the possibilities! There are thousands of more obscure characters to choose from.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
This may seem a little random, but I would love to see Tubba Blubba from the original Paper Mario be an AT character. He was my favorite boss from that game, and I would love to see him cause chaos in SSBB.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
1) I want Toad as a PC more than ever now, if only to spite the naysayers. =P

2) When people make these "possible AT character" lists, they put too much stock in existing franchises. Look deeper and explore the possibilities! There are thousands of more obscure characters to choose from.
Much to your dismay,Toad won't be a PC.AT,hopefully.;) I agree with your second statement though.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I want to see a Metroid be an AT. Possibly a Pikmin? Maybe Olimar will be an AT. It would be funny if Professor Oak became an AT.

Caael

Smash Lord
A metroid would be awesome as an AT. It would latch onto a player and suck health at a moderate rate.

Mario series
Dry Bones- When jumped on, will die, but reform a few seconds later
Hammer Bros [C]
Toad- Marill Clone

Metroid Series
Metroid- Sucks health like Lip's Stick
Space pirate- Shoots randomly while jumping around

Zelda series
Darknut- Explained
Moblin- Beats you to death with it's club/ knife. Will focus on one player
Deku Scrub- Shoots nuts in all directions
Goron- Does a Yoshi style roll around the stage.
Redead- '*****' a character

Donkey Kong
Kritter- Walks along stage and eventually will walk off.
Klaptrap- Marill clone

Kirby
Waddle Dee- Marill that randomly jumps

Fire Emblem
Bandit- Goroh Clone

F-Zero
Goroh- [C]

Other
Bulborb- Stomps around stage and attempts to eat people
Nintendog-[C]
Dr Lobe- Rains down random weight measurements like the tools in flat land. Bounce off the ground, so on battlefield-style levels just go on the bottom to be safe
Meteo- The planet pops out and rises up, appears in the background like Ho-oh and Lugia, and rains down meteos.

Unfortunately, I cant think of any more to go in the ' Other' Section

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Professor Kawashima from Brain Age should be an assist character XD. Who doesn't want a giant head floating around annoying people with random questions?

On a more serious note, I would rather have Ridley as an assist character than playable. That way he would be able to fly instead of having limited jumps. He would not have to be limited by size either.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking,who would like to see Miis become ATs? You could randomly have a couple Miis you've made fight for you,how cool would that be? Of course, if you haven't made any Miis(which is EXTREMELY unlikely) a randomly generated one will pop up,probably using moves from Wii Sports.
I think that would be funny, have 3 jump out with a random weapon (bowling ball, baseball, tennis racket, golf club or boxing gloves and have them try to beat you with it), hehe.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Much to your dismay, Toad won't be a PC. AT, hopefully. ;) I agree with your second statement though.
Ah ah ahhh! We must wait until Sakurai lets us know how Toad will be implemented. I think of all the Marioverse characters yet to Smash, Toad has the best chance of getting in this time around, barring a foolish decision on Sakurai's part.

SSB: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, DK
SSBM: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, DK, Peach, Bowser
SSBB: Mario, Luigi (UC), Yoshi (UC), DK (UC), Peach (UC), Bowser, Wario

Four of the Big 8 appeared in the first Smash. Four became six in Melee, leaving two. Wario has already been confirmed; Toad is the ONLY one of the Big 8 still left out of the loop! Over my dead body will Petey Piranha or Bowser Jr. take Toad's spot this time around. Perhaps Toadsworth will appear as an AT, or maybe a mob of Toads. But THE Toad, Kinopio, should and will (hopefully) enter Brawl as a PC.

Caael

Smash Lord
Professor Kawashima from Brain Age should be an assist character XD. Who doesn't want a giant head floating around annoying people with random questions?

On a more serious note, I would rather have Ridley as an assist character than playable. That way he would be able to fly instead of having limited jumps. He would not have to be limited by size either.
Take a step into the Ridley topic. A bit to the right. Left a bit. There perfect

GET HIM, BOYS!!!

Do you really think that the biggest Metroid villain, the coolest, and the one most involved with Samus' past is going to be left out of one of the biggest games ever?

I didn't think so.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
My invented AT's

Here are some of my invented AT's, please leave opinions (consider them to be rare AT's, much like the legendary pokemon) I am assuming that none of the listed characters will be playable:

Metroid Prime (Metroid Series) : The blue octopus version, floats for a bit before plunging it's tentacles into the ground, emmitting a shockwave. Shockwave causes High damage and high strike power.

Midna (Zelda Series) : The imp version, floats centre stage for a few seconds before grabbing a randomly selected opponent with her huge orange arm. The arm, whilst grabbing the opponent, paralyses the opponent and causes high damage. There is no strike power however.

King K. Rool (DK Series) : Appears, then stomps the ground. As a result, cannonballs fall from the sky in the way they did in DK country in the final boss battle. When hit by a cannonball, the player suffers massive damage and is struck quite hard.

Petey Pirhana (Mario Series) : Flies around the stage at a slow pace. When touched by an opponent, massive damage is caused and they are struck afar. Petey lies around for about a minute.

Andross (Star Fox) : The starfox 64 version, Andross floats to the background of the stage. He then fires lazers from his hands at the opponents, causing high damage.

I'd like to think my suggestions are varied, realistic and not overly strong. But that's me :chuckle:

Comments? Opinions? Criticism? Rating?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
What? no Midna PLAYABLE, shes too awesome for an AT...
Ehh...sure

Actually, I think Navi should be an AT, and her attack would be like Kirby's Mike ability and she would be like..."HEY! LISTEN! HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY LISTEN!!!!!...Do you think we should trust Sheik??" (obviously no)

Anyway, this would cause all of the characters to jump off the stage, including the one who threw it (unfortunately)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ehh...sure

Actually, I think Navi should be an AT, and her attack would be like Kirby's Mike ability and she would be like..."HEY! LISTEN! HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY LISTEN!!!!!...Do you think we should trust Sheik??" (obviously no)

Anyway, this would cause all of the characters to jump off the stage, including the one who threw it (unfortunately)
AHAHAHAH I love it! Navi FTW.

Top Bottom