• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Assisst Trophy Characters

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Ah but Prinny that makes you a noob who should die.

Fun isn't allowed.

Fun is when you exploit the system to the max and watch the same people playing as the same character over and over having epic fights that eventually all blur together.

Er... I mean... don't use items, items are bad.

Also, how many hammers do you think the hammer brother will throw?

And Also, how easy do you think it'll be to knock em away?

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513

Fun isn't allowed.

Fun is when you exploit the system to the max and watch the same people playing as the same character over and over having epic fights that eventually all blur together.

Judging from what Sakurai said in the update, I don't think you'll be able to knock away Assit characters.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
My predictions:

First Party Assists
Toad
Birdo
Waluigi
Goombario
E. Gadd
Boo
Fawful
Mona
9-Volt
Kat & Ana
Elite Beat Agents
Advance Wars COs
About a dozen FE guys & gals
Skullkid
Midnea
Tingle (anything to prevent him being playable)
Navi
Slippy
Removed Melee characters
Mach Rider
Kirby's helpers
Metroid Prime Hunters
Tom Nook
Lip from Panel de Pon
Koopalings (as a single trophy)
Chibi Robo
Eggplant Wizard
King Hippo
Lolo & Lala
Starfy
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Laughing Dog (AT version of Goldeen, only is REALLY rubbing it in!)
R.O.B.

Third party assists
Ryu
Simon Belmont
Bomberman
Jack from Harvest Moon
Tetris pieces
Tails
Nights
Chocobo
Cooking Mama
King of All Cosmos
Rabbids
HOW DARE YOU!!! (Although in all likelihood you're probably right...)

Shuma

Smash Hero
I really fear for Ridley now, i mean he could just fly around launching Fire at the stage and then dissapear...

But perhaps this means Black Shadow will appear as a Playable Character? after all he is the Main Villain in the F-Zero Series, and wasn't he up in the Japanese Poll?

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman

Fun isn't allowed.

My sins overfloweth! I know playing weekly with items on is so insulting to Smash and Sakurai. But the devil made me do it!

Either he'll throw a lot (that's 5 more than a few,) or some random number between...3 and 7? It'd be kind of lame if he just showed up, lobbed three hammers and poofed.

They'll probably be...kinda piercing and just general, painful projectiles, like, err...whassername. Chiquita-rita-pokemon thing in Melee. Best to dodge, but shieldable...if we have shields? Pretty sure we will. Probably won't be able to deflect them with blows, as they're...hammers, but it would be awesome if you could catch them and chuck 'em at folks.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I really fear for Ridley now, i mean he could just fly around launching Fire at the stage and then dissapear...
Everyone seems to think Ridley will be a AT, but i don't see this likely. I doubt they made theme music for an AT character. Not saying Ridley is going to be more then likely playable, but more like a boss of some sorts maybe.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Wait, guys!? What if they change their mind at the last second and make MARIO an Assist Trophy!? OMFG!!1!

Mr Feather

Smash Rookie
I was almost worried that this game is going to turn out like Jump Ultimate Stars, with some supports being ridiculously unbalanced, and then I realized that it is probably random.

On second thought, it seems ridiculous that that would have two pokeball-type items. I'm thinking you may have pre-determined support characters, and picking up the trophy will unleash them. I REALLY hope it's random, or the online mode we may or may not see will become really gay, really fast. Discuss.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
The way I see it, it won't be horrible for balance. Tournaments turn off items anyways, so anything that's not for fun will most likely ban them. Plus, there will be item select, so you can turn it off.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Nah, there's no way that Ridley only makes it as an assist trophy.
When you get right down to it, Samurai Goroh was just one of many, many racers, little more than a backstory for that pink car you see so often. Now Ridley, he's something more tangeable. He's a recurring boss, one of the ONLY recurring bosses, AND as an added bonus he also happens to be important to the overall Metroid backstory. I think his chances are fantastic, and the addition of a new brawl character status between 'clone character' and 'not in the game' doesn't change that.

I see Mother Brain, Baby Metroid, or Kraid as more likely candidates for metroid-themed assist trophies. Kraid is supposed to be mountain-sized; and now, through the magic of assist trophies, Kraid can fight in Brawl and still be his true size. Am I the only one who thinks that's great news?

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the updated implied that it would be random. Than again having pokeballs as items would usually imply that there would be no other items very similar to it, and we all got goosed there.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I for one am kinda happy about this update.
Tetra for Brawl!
Poo, Paula and Jeff for Brawl!
And so on.

And no, Ridley won't be an AT. He's the most important Metroid character after Samus. Don't panic.
All the ATs we know so far are either completely unimportant or important but part of a series that apparently had lower priority than others.
Many of us didn't like the idea of the big series just getting more and more reps.
There you go.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I made a thread for this in Genreal Brawl Dicussion,but this one is beeter Here are my choices:

Toad:Yes,I'd actually like to see him as an assist trophy rather than a PC

Laughing Dog and ROB(Hey, he did say some obscure would be there)

Captain Olimar(I would much rather play as him,but I think he might make a AT now,he'll be in the game either way)

Paper Mario(praying hes playable character,but I'd rather see him this way than no way at all)

Tom Nook

Miis(your Miis you've created randomly pop on screen,I think it'll be cool)

Geno

Petey Piranha

Waluigi

Slippy and Peppy(double team)

K.Rool(or a playable, either one)

Stafy

Ridley

the grim lizard

Smash Master
It seems that everyone on the boards fearful gut reaction is Ridley as an AT....hopefully that means he's popular enough to NOT be.

Also--I'd much rather see Stafy as a playable character; he would be so much fun! But, better an AT than not at all...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I was flabbergasted when I saw the Assistant Trophies. But then I realised that the AT's were probably placed in the game after the characters themselves were fleshed out and given movesets. Sakurai said that the reason why the trophies are in is to give Nintendo familiars a place in the game.

That means that Sakurai did not say does Samurai Goroh deserve to be a character or a AT, but rather does Samurai Goroh belong in this game. Maybe Sakurai did not feel that he was that popular or really didn't think Goroh added much more to the game. He is another sword character. What new mechanics can he offer? Doesn't seem like much.

So I do not fear for Ridley. I think he was determined to be on the roster from the start. Plus he can offer new stuff to the game. A large guy with flight and perhaps a new take on the new gliding aspect of the game.

Remember Assistant trophies are nothing more then more flavorful and fun trophies. So don't be too upset.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I HIGHLY doubt Ridley will be an AT simply because his MUSIC is CONFIRMED to be in the game. That isn't speculation. His music is actually there and acknowledged to be his music. Ergo, in all likelihood, Ridley is EITHER playable or a boss. Being an AT while having his music in the game doesn't make nearly as much sense as those other two options.

NukeA6

Smash Master
The Panel de Pon fairies can become ATs. Just hope Lip isn't one of them :(

But can you imagine bringing out Iron Knuckle or Darknut? That would be sweet!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'm seriously hoping for Gray Fox or Liquid Snake becoming an AT. hopefully characters that i think don't deserve a full spot become AT, like Tingle or Tom Nook. and probably the characters removed from the game are AT.

this was a cool update

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Other than the worry that Falcon will continue to be sole rep, and the slight fear of Ridley coming AT...I'm excited about this update!

It's a chance to double the number of characters in the game without adding to the roster...genius!

I really wouldn't mind seeing characters like (don't hate me) Ray01, Dark Samus, Slippy, Black Knight, Skull Kid, Toad, Birdo, K. Rool, even Louie, etc. as ATs. I really don't think this is the case, but Olimar DEFINITELY shouldn't be an AT.

edit: the title should be "assist"...only 3 s's, not 4.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Waluigi.

Only way I'd be semi-OK with him making it into the game.

Koroks would be cool. Or maybe even some Twili creatures.

And I am VERY fearful for poor Ridley at the moment. Very.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Well if anything the Assist trophy raise the bar for the character that'll get in. Anyway if Geno does get into SSBB it's highly unlikely that he'll be a AT because of him being a 3rd party character and thusly Nintendo has to pay to use him. Paying for a character and then making him a AT is pointless.(Unless its something like, Sonic gets in; Tails is a AT, Geno gets in Mallow is a AT)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Waluigi would be a perfect choice for an AT, in my opinion. He hasn't been around as long as the others, but he still has enough personality and importance to warrant an appearance.

And ZOMG Chibs!! I haven't seen him around in a long time...as long as it's the one that I'm thinking of from wayyyy back in the day on Smashboards. How have you been, man?

Caael

Smash Lord
I HIGHLY doubt Ridley will be an AT simply because his MUSIC is CONFIRMED to be in the game. That isn't speculation. His music is actually there and acknowledged to be his music. Ergo, in all likelihood, Ridley is EITHER playable or a boss. Being an AT while having his music in the game doesn't make nearly as much sense as those other two options.
Good man. Now, if they bring out Hammer Bro music of Goroh music tomorrow, i'm going to be crapping myself with fear. But we both know that wont happen : D
The Panel de Pon fairies can become ATs. Just hope Lip isn't one of them :(

But can you imagine bringing out Iron Knuckle or Darknut? That would be sweet!
Hell yeah! TP style darknuts! If you hit it enough, then the armour comes off and it becomes way faster. But only us TP players will know that and newbs are gonna be like ' lets pwn this d00d' and then like get pwned back.

Anyway...

AT ideas:

Mario series
Dry Bones- When jumped on, will die, but reform a few seconds later
Hammer Bros [C]
Toad- Marill Clone

Metroid Series
Metroid- Sucks health like Lip's Stick
Space pirate- Shoots randomly while jumping around

Zelda series
Darknut- Explained
Moblin- Beats you to death with it's club/ knife. Will focus on one player
Deku Scrub- Shoots nuts in all directions
Goron- Does a Yoshi style roll around the stage.
Redead- '*****' a character

Donkey Kong
Kritter- Walks along stage and eventually will walk off.
Klaptrap- Marill clone

Kirby
Waddle Dee- Marill that randomly jumps

Fire Emblem
Bandit- Goroh Clone

F-Zero
Goroh- [C]

Other
Bulborb- Stomps around stage and attempts to eat people
Nintendog-[C]
Dr Lobe- Rains down random weight measurements like the tools in flat land. Bounce off the ground, so on battlefield-style levels just go on the bottom to be safe
Meteo- The planet pops out and rises up, appears in the background like Ho-oh and Lugia, and rains down meteos.

Thats all I can think of for now.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Once again we have proof that there is a God! Samurai Goroh will not be a playable character! Thank God, I was sick of seeing people suggest him. Now if they could just confirm that Poo, Petey Pirahna, and Waluigi won't be playable I can die a happy man.

Anyway, the assist trophies are one of the best ideas ever! They're like Pokeballs for everyone that's not a Pokemon! And now there's no limit to the possible characters that could appear in Brawl. If Sonic gets in, then we might see other Sega characters make appearances as trophy assists.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Thing is, I do NOT want any third party characters to be ATS. What's the point of going through all of those legal licensing issues just to have Sonic/Megaman/Pac-man been on the screen for five seconds Woo-hoo.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ugh, I already hate seeing people suggest Toad as an AT. Just let us play as him finally! =/

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Once again we have proof that there is a God! Samurai Goroh will not be a playable character! Thank God, I was sick of seeing people suggest him. Now if they could just confirm that Poo, Petey Pirahna, and Waluigi won't be playable I can die a happy man.

Anyway, the assist trophies are one of the best ideas ever! They're like Pokeballs for everyone that's not a Pokemon! And now there's no limit to the possible characters that could appear in Brawl. If Sonic gets in, then we might see other Sega characters make appearances as trophy assists.
THAT'S the one I was thinking about.

Petey Piranha would be the perfect AT. He doesn't have enough to make it as a playable, but I could DEFINATELY see him as an AT. He spews mucks around the stage and makes it slippery. That'd be pretty cool, actually.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that God couldn't care less whether Goroh is playable or not.

I'm glad your conscience has been lifted...:confused::ohwell:

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I could easily see Knuckles as an assist trophy.I just don't want to see sonic appear that way...:urg:

DokturSea

Smash Lord
No, like someone said earlier, they have to pay to put a third party in, so they wouldn't waste it by just making them an AT.

Top Bottom