• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Assisst Trophy Characters

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
i say that they use the secondary mario characters as trophies

And fizzle boy you have a point but dedede is heavier than kirby and stronger so
if he is a clone he will be different because he wil be able to do more ofr less than kirby

also he eats people and spites them out then who knows maybe they can give him some water or ice powers.

don't limit yourself to what you have seen but, i still see your point.

I get what you mean by that, but if they're going to put more power and speed versions of the same character in brawl (like Marth and Roy, Ganon and Falcon, etc), they should at least make it for a character who need's it more than kirby. Kirby is fine how he is and shouldn't be imitated by anyone else in the game. If anyone should be copied for speed/power it is bowser with koopa kid or DK with another kong, but not and I repeat NOT Kirby.

Also, what happened to talking about assist trophies?

Tanea

Smash Ace
I get what you mean by that, but if they're going to put more power and speed versions of the same character in brawl (like Marth and Roy, Ganon and Falcon, etc), they should at least make it for a character who need's it more than kirby. Kirby is fine how he is and shouldn't be imitated by anyone else in the game. If anyone should be copied for speed/power it is bowser with koopa kid or DK with another kong, but not and I repeat NOT Kirby.

Also, what happened to talking about assist trophies?

make sense but i just believe that dedede has other possibities

they should make chomp an at he can jump and run do he can run around for a couple
of seconds

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Here's an idea.

Goomba

Starts off just kind of wandering the field, eh? Nothing spectacular or anything. However, anyone who touches it, attacking or otherwise will be shrunk! Just like in the older Mario games!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Dedede would be completely pointless! Who wants a bigger kirby in the game? I mean they both float, eat people, swing over-sized hammers, and that's about it. Dedede would just be a kirby clone and a waste of roster space. I hope he is not in the game as a character, AT, or even somone in the backround of a level.

VOTE NO FOR DEDEDE
You know nothing.

Besides, Dedede will be in the game because Sakurai created him and Sakurai likes him. So, good think your opinion means absolutely nothing.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, what was I thinking? Dedede will be in this game just like he was in all the other games...wait he wasn't in the other games. Maybe he isn't in them because he would be a dumb character to add. And besides, it's not smart to add someone to a game just because you like them. Sakurai wants to sell games, not put fat, blue, flying penguins (or whatever else Dedede might be) in this, otherwise, awesome game.

SO THERE:p and seriously people this thread is about ATs not Dededes...unless u mean as an AT. That would be okay, then...i think...sorta:dizzy:

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Oh yeah, what was I thinking? Dedede will be in this game just like he was in all the other games...wait he wasn't in the other games. Maybe he isn't in them because he would be a dumb character to add. And besides, it's not smart to add someone to a game just because you like them. Sakurai wants to sell games, not put fat, blue, flying penguins (or whatever else Dedede might be) in this, otherwise, awesome game.
Wow, your stupidity is showing. He wasn't in the other games because of time for one but mostly because Sakurai was too modest to push his own series too much. He's quite over that now, as you can see by Knuckle Joe not only making it in, but having three attacks. Dedede also was solo as the very top spot on Sakurai's polls. You have no idea what you're talking about. Not only will he be in, but he will be awesome.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The Subspace Emissary...

Food for thought:

The Hammer Bro, confirmed Assist Trophy, is seen as an enemy in this Single Player mode. Fox is fighting him. Hammer Bro is seen jumping and attacking.
It's likely that Fox will be able to attack and defeat him.

If Assist Trophies have these capabilities, does this raise the chances of their playability via Action Replay... or does this even mean you will turn into and control the character when using the Assist Trophy item?!

Also, will all Assist Trophies find their rightful place as opponents ( or perhaps allies? ) in the Single Player experience?

Secondly, and less interestingly, there are tons of new enemies that seem infinitely more amazing than those in Melee's Adventure mode.

Chances are at least some of these will be available as Assist Trophies as well, as in Melee, all elements that appeared in the game had trophies showcasing them, even Goombas and Re-Deads.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
^^Good post Fawriel. This last update was almost overwhelming - certainly the most extensive thus far, but with Hammer Bro in particular, who was confirmed as an AT and seems to be featured as an enemy in one of the above screenshots, why wouldn't this also be the case with all the other featured goons?

Invader_JDGir

Smash Rookie
i like the idea of assist trophys. it's sorta like another pokeball, but with people from different gaming universes.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The Subspace Emissary...

Food for thought:

The Hammer Bro, confirmed Assist Trophy, is seen as an enemy in this Single Player mode. Fox is fighting him. Hammer Bro is seen jumping and attacking.
It's likely that Fox will be able to attack and defeat him.

If Assist Trophies have these capabilities, does this raise the chances of their playability via Action Replay... or does this even mean you will turn into and control the character when using the Assist Trophy item?!

Also, will all Assist Trophies find their rightful place as opponents ( or perhaps allies? ) in the Single Player experience?

Secondly, and less interestingly, there are tons of new enemies that seem infinitely more amazing than those in Melee's Adventure mode.

Chances are at least some of these will be available as Assist Trophies as well, as in Melee, all elements that appeared in the game had trophies showcasing them, even Goombas and Re-Deads.
Thanks, Deathborne. I hope you don't mind that I repost this, since it landed right at the bottom of the last page.

Well, I actually do find it rather doubtful that new enemies will be made Assist Trophies...
Maybe they will receive a seperate item or something of the sort. In rare cases, Re-Deads and such appear out of crates in Melee.
Assist Trophies just seem to be for popular stars or popular enemies from established franchises, while the CRAZY GOAT or the gladiator ghosts or so just seem like enemies made for Brawl... I can't see them having an assisting role.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
@ Fawriel: Yeah, most likely not - though an expanded role akin to that of the Re-Dead in Melee sounds about right to me. And is it just me, or have I seen that CRAZY GOAT somewhere before? :confused:

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I can't wait until dedede becomes 1!!! THen all you people will start bowing down to gooey!!!! Mwahahahaha

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
But, getting back to what Fawriel said, about assist trophies being playable in some way. Even with that action replay, that seems next to impossible because of the fact that you can't do anything like that in melee, even with an AR, but what I really think is that ATs might just be a more/less effective version of the pokeball.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Why is everyone talking about crazy goat when 1. It probably won't even become an AT
and 2.How do you know it's called crazy goat?

sorry about the double post

Fawriel

Smash Master
But, getting back to what Fawriel said, about assist trophies being playable in some way. Even with that action replay, that seems next to impossible because of the fact that you can't do anything like that in melee, even with an AR, but what I really think is that ATs might just be a more/less effective version of the pokeball.
Well, it indeed wasn't possible in Melee. If you're talking about Pokeball Pokemon or random enemies from Adventure Mode.
You could play as Giga Bowser, Master and Crazy Hand and the Wireframes... hell, even Sandbag.
That's because these guys are sort of counted as actual characters... Pokeball Pokemon for example are a lot less complex; most of them can't be attacked or KOd and only do one thing, then vanish.
If an Assist Trophy character ( *hint hint* ) possesses some more complex mechanics like moving, jumping and being KO'd, that might make them playable via AR.

And they are definitely more effective. I assume that the strength of ATs will be roughly equivalent to their importance in their own series.
Why is everyone talking about crazy goat when 1. It probably won't even become an AT
and 2.How do you know it's called crazy goat?
-Not everyone's talking about CRAZY GOAT.
1. It probably won't, yeah.
2. It's not called crazy goat, it's called CRAZY GOAT. Because it just is. :p

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
How could you compare ATs to Giga Bowser, Wireframes, or Sandbag? They're completely different(unless you mean that you fight lone ATs as part of the game or some boss fight which is a completely rediculos thing to suggest in the first place), and as for the ability to "KO" some of them, dosen't it make you at least a little bit confident that it will be the same as knocking cyndaquil or chansey off the stage. Also, I think the purple guy with the gun is more likely to be playable through an AR than any Assist Trophy.

And that crazy goat...I mean CRAZY GOAT thing is too confusing for me:confused:.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, you do fight the Hammer Bro in Adventure Mode it seems, and he's also an AT.
And some people have theorized that it might be possible that ATs aren't summoned, but that the using character turns into the AT... of course, that would be weird in some cases, and Sakurai did say that some ATs would be KO-able, which would be weird and contradicts that theory...

Well, in the end, we have almost nothing to base all those theories on. It's all just hopeful speculation, since there are bound to be some ATs you wish had been playable... and being able to play as them in some way would be just too cool. ^^

And the CRAZY GOAT is called CRAZY GOAT because I guess I just called it that way. ^^;

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That would be awesome, but I don't think so. They're called assist trophies. They assist you, you can't play as them.

This is referring to the last post, BTW.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, yeah. That's what Action Replay is for. A cheating device that lets you do funky stuff like access beta-testing stages or mess up characters' movesets and play as Sandbag and stuff like that, for those who don't know.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, yeah. That's what Action Replay is for. A cheating device that lets you do funky stuff like access beta-testing stages or mess up characters' movesets and play as Sandbag and stuff like that, for those who don't know.
I was talking about the theory that when you get an assist trophy you control the character.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I have undeniable proof that you don't control ATs from Smashbros.com
"What’s an Assist Trophy?!

Well, these are characters who appear to aid the fighter that called them forth. Basically, they’re guest characters separate from Smash’s playable roster!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is sort of like a festival that all sorts of characters show up for. Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that.

In any case, you won’t know who is in an Assist Trophy until you use it." TAKE THAT FAWRIEL:chuckle: It's like being able to control the koopas and goombas with an AR which is impossible, and with that I rest my case.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Anyway...that devil AT seems like he would only be useful for kirby/jigglypuff (who has yet to be confirmed) because they can stay in the air long enough not to be affected by the scrolling stage.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Well, today they announced the Andross Assist Trophy. Personally, I thing the spitting of those daimond-looking things is a pretty cool ability and the AT will be a good one.

But, seriously, Andross! I didn't see that one coming:laugh:

Fawriel

Smash Master
Don't post without a reason, Stryks. Double posts only count when there's only been a brief interval between them.

Andross is pretty cool. I wonder what that means for Fox's story mode... No Andross boss, I guess?

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Wow, everyone was predicting Andross to be the boss of Star Fox series in Subspace Emissary. I wonder who is gonna be te boss of the Star Fox series in SE, if there will be one at all (my money's on Wolf, sorry Wolf fans :p)..

IllidR

Smash Champion
Wow, everyone was predicting Andross to be the boss of Star Fox series in Subspace Emissary. I wonder who is gonna be te boss of the Star Fox series in SE, if there will be one at all (my money's on Wolf, sorry Wolf fans :p)..
Even though I don't want Wolf as a character, i don't believe he'll be the Star Fox boss. Still thinking maybe monkey-head Andross might be the boss.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Even though I don't want Wolf as a character, i don't believe he'll be the Star Fox boss. Still thinking maybe monkey-head Andross might be the boss.
you know what would be better? the new andross look perhaps, maybe that's why his classic look is an AT

Top Bottom