• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Yoshi Main

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Oh man, I've got a lot. Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

- I've never been to any tournament, let alone an offline one. I blame my location.

- I'm dissatisfied with Yoshi's colour selections in Brawl. Seriously, Wario gets 12, but Yoshi only gets 6? Where's my orange Yoshi? D=

- I still can't use DR properly.

- I have major difficulties KOing sometimes. ='[

- I've lurked here for a while, but I haven't registered until now.

This makes for a pretty good intro thread when used properly. =]

auroreon

Smash Ace
Oh man, I've got a lot. Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

- I've never been to any tournament, let alone an offline one. I blame my location.

- I'm dissatisfied with Yoshi's colour selections in Brawl. Seriously, Wario gets 12, but Yoshi only gets 6? Where's my orange Yoshi? D=

- I still can't use DR properly.

- I have major difficulties KOing sometimes. ='[

- I've lurked here for a while, but I haven't registered until now.

This makes for a pretty good intro thread when used properly. =]
Orange Yoshi?

Not many can use DR properly, stick at it, practise makes perfect.

We all have problems KOing sometimes, Usmash and Uair are your bread and butter KOs, but remember Yoshi Bomb is a good kill at higher percentages if used off the ground. Good spacing on the Fair is a great way to land an early, the dair is also a great way to gimp a reovering opponant esspecially with its spike frames, works great on Mother chars and space animals. DT Fsmash is a very nice suprise KO if u can learn to DT, trust me, its far easier than it first feels.

I lurked for 3 years before posting. My join date is 2007 yet I've only just started posting often.

I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Yoshi Spirit. =P

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Orange Yoshi?

Not many can use DR properly, stick at it, practise makes perfect.

We all have problems KOing sometimes, Usmash and Uair are your bread and butter KOs, but remember Yoshi Bomb is a good kill at higher percentages if used off the ground. Good spacing on the Fair is a great way to land an early, the dair is also a great way to gimp a reovering opponant esspecially with its spike frames, works great on Mother chars and space animals. DT Fsmash is a very nice suprise KO if u can learn to DT, trust me, its far easier than it first feels.

I lurked for 3 years before posting. My join date is 2007 yet I've only just started posting often.

I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Yoshi Spirit. =P
o.0 That's pretty much awesome. I have the SD card and reader on my computer, but I've never done any kind of hacking though. I will probably try and figure that out at some point.

As for the KO moves, I do most of those, although I just can't seem to pull them off when I actually need them for the KO. I have a habit of using them at low % and making them go stale (especially Uair). I did not know about the DT Fsmash though. Thanks for the tips. ^_^

rel12

Smash Apprentice
I've Never been to an offline Tournament, and I'm too poor to travel :(
I love to be cocky, but if you really know me, I only be cocky for fun, I actually Glad to see better Yoshi mains so I can learn from them, and i'm trying to become one of the top Yoshi mains.

JOE!

Smash Hero
My confession:

Ive spent like the last 2.5 months maining other chars (:wolf: :bowser: :falcon:)

My yoshi has slipped >_>

Drakkhonian

Smash Rookie
One important confession:

I never ate a chicken bacon ranch! :urg:

Mainly because the name of it changed in Brasil, but I just HAVE to find a way to find the brasilian name.

Love ya!

Drakkhonian

Smash Rookie
I don't think so, cause the food is called "Chicken Bacon Ranch" and not "Subway's Chicken Bacon Ranch".

Just remember it get's (as I heard) if it's a subway one.

Love ya! (not an evil yoshi, well, maybe a a little)

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
every day i practice dedede more and more, until he becomes my main

Yikarur

Smash Master
I added Scatz in msn a few month ago and didn't write him yet ;___;
Sometimes my DR works perfect sometime nothing worls >_<
I was kicked out of tournament by a Lucario last weekend :(
I have the half cast as secondaries but I have never used them in Singles because I love Yoshi.
I go sleep with my Cyan plush Yoshi every night :x
http://img11.myimg.de/20090302718138d9c1.jpg < thats my two best Friends xP Plush Yoshi and my Cat named Yoshi :x

I'm still playing with Classic Controller because I play Melee as well.

I break the infinite against Warios after two grabs because of my moral.

Yuna has pinched my Plush Yoshi and I have to force him to give him back ;o;

oh and I still love Yoshi <3

auroreon

Smash Ace
I added Scatz in msn a few month ago and didn't write him yet ;___;
Sometimes my DR works perfect sometime nothing worls >_<
I was kicked out of tournament by a Lucario last weekend :(
I have the half cast as secondaries but I have never used them in Singles because I love Yoshi.
I go sleep with my Cyan plush Yoshi every night :x
http://img11.myimg.de/20090302718138d9c1.jpg < thats my two best Friends xP Plush Yoshi and my Cat named Yoshi :x

I'm still playing with Classic Controller because I play Melee as well.

I break the infinite against Warios after two grabs because of my moral.

Yuna has pinched my Plush Yoshi and I have to force him to give him back ;o;

oh and I still love Yoshi <3
You have that Cyan Yoshi plush!? I saw that in a shop like weeks ago but I didn't have £5 on me (£5!?) and there was only 1 cyan left, then when I went back the next day it was gone :'(, they only had green ones left... screw that.
Did u get it from Forbidden Planet?

Also, I HATE Lucario >:(

Chaco

Never Logs In
I confess that if Boshi was available Yoshi would be gone in my eyes.

bigman40

Smash Master
I hate every character that's used on me (even if you pick Yoshi), but I enjoy playing those characters when I'm using them.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I confess I'm picking up Fox as a secondary.

And maybe using him in Tournaments. :(

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm picking Pika up as my secondary. And can someone make a new Yoshi Power Rankings? Seeing as how most players are gonna use secondaries, we might as well form one that allows us to get points for using Yoshi (for the majority of the time anyway).

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
My confession is... I really don't want to go to tourneys at all.
I don't take Brawl THAT seriously.

I use Yoshi in Brawl because I have fun beating other players with the cute (yet deadly) dinosaur.
Then again, I'm still not sure who my actual main is. I use other characters too.

Top Bottom