• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Mario Main

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
- I habitually (melee) out of subconscious instinct try to Fair a grounded opponent.

- I tend to land facing away from my opponent, but input the jab before I input turning around, causing me to jab in the wrong direction.

- I loathe how child-like they continuously evolve Mario's appearance. I mean, they give Bowser scratches, make him more reasonably proportioned, they even give him man-boobs and yet Mario goes in reverse. Not that i'm saying Mario should have man-boobs. :urg:

Dusty

Smash Rookie
The worst thing i did was get a little bit crazy with Fair (i missed it and killed myself).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I counterpick people with G&W to get out of a tight spot. As much as I love both characters, I love Mario more. =(

Dory

Smash Journeyman
I dropped mario...

(idk if thats a confession but just in case lol)

so my confession is...

I miss mario
:[
LOL

Ralucard

Smash Cadet
I once hated Mario. Really bad. I thought he sucked. Instead I mained the doggy O'Donell. But after a while I started to feel sorry for the little fat guy in red.

Now he's become more and more my main.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
-I used to hate Mario... Now I'm thinking more and more about making him my Brawl main, and, when I play it, my Melee one (or his doctor incarnation anyway).

-I love using Mario vs G&W, despite how badly I suck at the matchup, because I really want to FLUDD that turtle...

-I'm not very good at gimping...

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I once hated Mario. Really bad. I thought he sucked. Instead I mained the doggy O'Donell. But after a while I started to feel sorry for the little fat guy in red.

Now he's become more and more my main.
This minus the dumping my main part. I've always constantly undermined Mario for a while, but in the end I've realized... He doesn't suck.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I used to think my Mario was a Snake counter. LOL.

This, and I prefer B+ Mario to Brawl Mario because Double Onstage Fair to 3rd Fair Spike is too good, and I like comboing opponents.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
I feel as if Mario is notably inferior to Luigi due to some of his better match-ups (DK, Olimar, Diddy, Wolf...). Part of me wants to switch mains, yet part of me doesn't...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm better at Mario's neutral matchups than I am against his advantageous ones.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
i retired brawl for gears of war 2 and street fighter 4 >.>
i got sick of getting owned due to massive button delay online, and typical gay shizz in brawl. (ex. frigate orpheon flips and i become a star...?)

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I consider myself a Mario main, but everyone (offline and online) say my Falco is better. Hard to see myself working on Mario so hard when I know that my Falco will win me matches.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
i retired brawl for gears of war 2 and street fighter 4 >.>
i got sick of getting owned due to massive button delay online, and typical gay shizz in brawl. (ex. frigate orpheon flips and i become a star...?)
O_O

Yeah, Brawl may be taking a backseat to SF4 with me as well. Game's too good. I do need to try and rep Mario a bit more before it's over though, haven't done much yet, lol

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
another confession,

one major reason i play mario is kuz of how random you can be. but i hate him sometimes because some things just never add up...

another example:
snake survives my Usmash at 180% ish
but lag screwed me over, i missed a pivot, and threw a full hop Fair...so random the snake didnt see it coming, caught snake right on his head, and Ko'd him...

wtf?

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I use Jigglypuff more then Mario as of late. Boredom of Brawl. :laugh:

Mario's a finesse/creativity character. Which is something that I need to be in the mood for playing wise. At times I do terrible, and others, when i'm feeling into it. I'm thinking **** Mario's a beast. Just topsy turvy is all.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Wifi is teh suck...especially when Vato's on the other end...

<3 Vato Break, lol

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
i hate wifi i do random fairs all the time T_T
my confession is i hate you for stealing my thread and also vato break you never played me on wifi, and we never finished a freakin match in friendlies (this is the pink samus guy)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I use Jigglypuff more then Mario as of late. Boredom of Brawl. :laugh:

Mario's a finesse/creativity character. Which is something that I need to be in the mood for playing wise. At times I do terrible, and others, when i'm feeling into it. I'm thinking **** Mario's a beast. Just topsy turvy is all.
I have that same problem myself...

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
I almost dropped did drop Mario for Lucario...

Then I got 3 stocked by a Yoshi online, and I have never used Lucario again.

Top Bottom