• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Link Main

Tektite

Smash Apprentice
Yes I'm bringing it here, get over it.

We all very well know that everyone does something their not proud of. So SWF Links, confess your biggest mistakes with Link, your hates about Link, and any other embarrassing confessions. And yes everyone does do mistakes so don't say stupid stuff like "oh this thread is worthless, I don't have any confessions".

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I laughed at this.
You said 'Marios.'

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I got confused for a second because of that slight mistake...nontheless, I don't like how Link's arrows have about a 25% win record against other projectiles. Some are good, such as beating ROBS's lazor, and Blizzard, but that's still Link's arrows loosing to 75% of the projectiles...

I have no idea how the other character's are in this aspect with thier projectile [if they have one, of course] but 75:25 doesn't sound that great in anything.

EDIT: A lot of these are clashes...which negate the opponent's projectile. Counting both wins and clashes would get you having arrows either win or clash [51/57] 89.5% of the time. That's really, really good.

(Examples and data borrowed from Straked's thread)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
...Why on earth is this lame thread here?

Seriously, I don't care what the other boards do, this is just a spam thread. Even the so-called "Old Gen" would've had a thread like this closed, of its own volition.

No offense Tektite. But this thread reeks of... bad plumbing. XD

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, we only lose to things like TL/Link bombs and a Samus charged shot.
Arrows are pretty helpful in negating an opponent's spam, and if you're facing an IC that try to desnyc with Blizzard, you have an immediate advantage.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I hate the fact that Gale Boomerang does only 2% more damage when hit up close instead of 12%ish like in Melee...Other than that, I love Link :)

Rush X

Smash Rookie
-The fact his spike is so hard to hit.
- New spin attack
- Gale boomerang should do damage on return AND bring them back xP
- Should be able to hit his own bombs for recovery purposes.

to add on what anonano said:

the so called "old gen" just wanted some control by themselves what threads was worthy to continue, we were against spam so we made a spam thread to keep spam there. It got closed... Our god Aurashade became god because he cleansed the boards from spam, I cant understand this misconception about old links being spammy. We just dont liked(and I have read the new rules, funny thing is that there isnt much of a change lol) the rules of SWF cause we already had a very clear thought about how things should be done, and somehow our board in hyrule flows pretty good, I dunno why, we only have one mod and we dont have any rules...

Jarry-Ed

Smash Rookie
Russellville, AL Few blocks from TheBrownScourge
I sometimes end up gimping myself by letting go of the ledge, usually on stages like Final Destination where the bottom of the ledge goes down and under towards the bottom, and rather than sword spinning back up to rack up quick damage......

I get caught UNDERNEATH the ledge and watch helplessly as I fall to my death.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
to add on what anonano said:

the so called "old gen" just wanted some control by themselves what threads was worthy to continue, we were against spam so we made a spam thread to keep spam there. It got closed... Our god Aurashade became god because he cleansed the boards from spam, I cant understand this misconception about old links being spammy. We just dont liked(and I have read the new rules, funny thing is that there isnt much of a change lol) the rules of SWF cause we already had a very clear thought about how things should be done, and somehow our board in hyrule flows pretty good, I dunno why, we only have one mod and we dont have any rules...
What made you want to have that smashboards name? lol

Oddball464

Smash Rookie
I hate how Link's spin attack isn't that good as it was in Melee, but other than that, I'm proud of being a Link main.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
The thing I would probably complain about is if they could of had the gale boomerange similar to the cyclone back in the first ssb that would be really good feature if they did. Everything else I like and I to am proud in maining link since the first ssb expecially using his projectiles primary and swordsmanship secondary.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
his new spin is good but da gale boomerang sucks.
yeah i hate that
why did they crap up his spin?
it was perfect in melee
it was like an intant charged up smash
with barely any lag
okay alitlle but barely any
it just gets me mad that they ruined it
and why can't it reflect projectiles?

if it could reflect Gannondorfs Satanic Energy Balls of Doom
Why can't it reflect items?
I think that would deff move him up on the tier list

ack but other then that