• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETED!! JAVI (+TUGA?!?!) is GOING to APEX 2013!

Chisk1n

Smash Cadet
Yes, it was $200 mexican pesos, like 15 and a half dollars, like €12 euros, is a high amount for a MoneyMatch in Mexico, not extremely high but not many MM are played for that sum.

Hope to see Yu tomorrow in Celayork Fest 5 to ask him if he's going to Apex or not and the reasons if he is not going.

Edit: In Mexico this is the sign of dollars http://www.cambiopesodolar.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/signo-dolar.jpg
Edit: It would be weird to bet in dollars if we are in México :p

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Acabo de hablar con Yu efectivamente el problema es el dinero, ojala y gane el torneo y obtenga algo de dinero

:phone:
Basta con crear un hilo de fondo de donación para él. Estoy seguro de que la gente (incluido yo mismo) estará encantado de donar para que asistiera a Apex.

strawhats

Smash Master
I feel another donation thread is on the rise...or just use this one to serve that purpose for Yu

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
but the ones from Nuevo Laredo that actually are planning to enter the tournament are; JC, Soul, Jordy and I.
Do you guys have any recent videos? I remember watching you, JC, and Soul like 2 years ago and being pretty impressed with what I saw. I'm looking forward to seeing how well you guys do! =D

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Well, we do have recently recorded some matches though none of them have been uploaded, I'll see if sometime this week I get to upload some matches and post them at the video section.

JC Duncan

Smash Rookie
Well, we do have recently recorded some matches though none of them have been uploaded, I'll see if sometime this week I get to upload some matches and post them at the video section.
Meme tonight we´re going to Jordy´s house and then we can recorded, you can upload the last crew battle, and the latest matches from tuesday... or maybe stream matches in your house...

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
So I watched some of the stream (mainly the singles matches w/Javi, Rael, EX, and Aza) and the posted matches, and what I gathered was:

-Javi played a lot and only dropped 1 match the whole time, to Rael (the best Falco in Mexico i'm telling you)
-Javi was overall consistently 2-stocking EX, so I don't think he should be taken lightly by Armada
-Rael was 1-1 in sets vs. EX
-Aza beat EX in the MM, which surprised me. Aza hype for Apex imo?
-Rael is precisely as good as Westballz
-EX is really good, but his techskill really is holding him back at this point. No chain grabbing, wavedashing, l-canceling, or edgehogging starts adding up against top players :(
-Javi really needs to learn how to ledgedash. He dairs from the ledge too much and it's saddening. If he makes one improvement from last year to this, I would recommend ledgedashing.

Any comments?

Also, who is Zavage? He's registered for SSBM singles and is from Mexico. And why isn't ytutty registered yet?

dkuo

Smash Lord
'precisely' as in 'exactly equivalent in skill'
pretty bold claims there man

javi doesnt ledgedash? hmmmmmm

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
-EX is really good, but his techskill really is holding him back at this point. No chain grabbing, wavedashing, l-canceling, or edgehogging
What.

I took a look at one recent game between EX and Rael and saw a lot of poking at platforms with his umbrella and throwing out random smash attacks and side-b's. Those are all from the first 70 seconds of the match, but it doesn't get much better later, and I don't think these will be the new 2013 Peach super meta mind games either. I suppose they may be moves tailored to counter Rael specifically, as he does walk into quite a few of them.

I fail to believe two-stocking EX means Javi's prepared to take on Armada. Maybe he can, and I still want to see that match, but he'll have to start pulling them rabbits out of his hat.

PB&J

Smash Hero
javi will do fine. im tired of people using inui logic.

I think javi will do good vs armada because he is good not because he beats EX.

AZA will do ok because he is use to fast fox's and many players in america are afraid of shiek.

I also think Real is just as good as westballz too.

cant wait for like 140 more entrants for melee in the next 21 hours

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Precisely?
Precisely.

'precisely' as in 'exactly equivalent in skill'
pretty bold claims there man

javi doesnt ledgedash? hmmmmmm
He's the next era of Falco (what Shiz woulda been had be kept playing. And improved his recovery.) Just like Westballz imo, and they're both improving fast.

And he def. needs to start ledgedashing. Foxes need to start taking notes from leffen (with the shield drops and ledgedashing.)

What.

I took a look at one recent game between EX and Rael and saw a lot of poking at platforms with his umbrella and throwing out random smash attacks and side-b's. Those are all from the first 70 seconds of the match, but it doesn't get much better later, and I don't think these will be the new 2013 Peach super meta mind games either. I suppose they may be moves tailored to counter Rael specifically, as he does walk into quite a few of them.

I fail to believe two-stocking EX means Javi's prepared to take on Armada. Maybe he can, and I still want to see that match, but he'll have to start pulling them rabbits out of his hat.
I didn't mean to imply he was prepared to take him on just because he beats EX. I pointed it out because T3h Icy said that EX had apparently taken sets off Javi so he would be "just another fox to Armada" which I don't think will be the case. He had absolutely no trouble 2,3-stocking EX and seems pretty comfortable with the matchup.

Also, pay closer attention to EX. As you'll notice, none of those examples of smash attacks/umbrellas did he get punished. He doesn't put himself in a situation to get punished very often which is pretty huge. The side-b might have been a mistake because i don't see him do that much. He plays very intelligently; I think those "random smash attacks" are attempts at a read which, if missed, can't be punished easily. You'll notice he hits those more often than not. I think he may very well be the 2nd best peach, and he could be a top player if he didn't hold himself back. Until then, I think Rael, Aza, .jpg, and Yu are starting to displace him as 2nd best in Mexico.

javi will do fine. im tired of people using inui logic.

I think javi will do good vs armada because he is good not because he beats EX.

AZA will do ok because he is use to fast fox's and many players in america are afraid of shiek.

I also think Real is just as good as westballz too.

cant wait for like 140 more entrants for melee in the next 21 hours
QFT. Javi's going to be fine, and I'm looking forward to him vs. Armada. I'm now looking forward to seeing Aza even more now, cause I saw some pretty good stuff with him. Plus I want to know how the 2nd-tier Mexican players do as well (that is, the players that aren't Javi.)

Also, does anyone know who Zavage is? He's registered and from Mexico, and I'm curious lol. And what happened with Celayork Fest 5? Are there any results/videos I can find? Looking forward to seeing how Rael, EX, and Yu did. As well as whether or not Yu is coming to Apex.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Yu won Celayork; EX didn't enter because he arrived very late. Yu says he played a bunch of friendlies with EX and maybe won a slight majority of them.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Good looks, I always forget gamefaqs exists. Gotta head over there sometimes.

Anyway, hopefully Yu can remember some of the results. I can't find the smash mex forum anymore and that was pretty useful for this kinda thing.

And I must know who Zavage is haha. I feel like he's a random from Mexico and is going to crash everyone around.

PB&J

Smash Hero
I like the way ex uses Up tilt.

another good peach thats coming his Paju from finland. Soft and I are his biggest fans and you will know after apex why

Engo

Smash Ace
Good looks, I always forget gamefaqs exists. Gotta head over there sometimes.

Anyway, hopefully Yu can remember some of the results. I can't find the smash mex forum anymore and that was pretty useful for this kinda thing.

And I must know who Zavage is haha. I feel like he's a random from Mexico and is going to crash everyone around.
A potato could register for Apex and if its from mexico you'd think its a top player.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Are you doing any camera stuff at Apex? Your vids are always awesome! :D

PB&J

Smash Hero
yeah im going to do some stuff. i was lazy lately or rather just playing the gsme,plus im a musician and that takes alot from me,but i figured Ill do interviews and random other stuff for the community.

I only started playing this game because of all the Mlgbach vids and im trying to do the same for some future smashers and such.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
A potato could register for Apex and if its from mexico you'd think its a top player.
lol wat! I'm just a really good smash scout lol, I can recognize top talent. I definitely called out how good Javi was way before he placed 4th at Apex.

The Zavage comment was mainly a joke, I'm just curious who he is haha.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
yeah im going to do some stuff. i was lazy lately or rather just playing the gsme,plus im a musician and that takes alot from me,but i figured Ill do interviews and random other stuff for the community.

I only started playing this game because of all the Mlgbach vids and im trying to do the same for some future smashers and such.
I miss those videos.
BTW I love your tipped off videos. So fun to watch.

PB&J

Smash Hero
thanks. I still have tons of stuff I havent even uploaded. hopefully I havent deleted them. Im going to try to convert some stuff today and upload something since its the last day of 2012

Chisk1n

Smash Cadet
Too bad, Yu was ****** everyone at Celayork Fest 5, I saw him **** all the players like for 3 hours w/out a break, a lot of 3 stocks to the second place and 4 stock to the rest of them.

Hope he can do it next year :c

I was very hype to see Lovage vs YU

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Lololololol I'm ****ing crying man. I bet the potato would play jiggs.

Edit: hold on wait. I've got a better one. I bet people will be salty from losing to a potato.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I wont be going to Apex, I couldn't get enough cash for it and the tickets got really expensive, i'll try to go next year.
I can't believe this non-sense. A fund totally could have been made for you, just like it had been made for a bunch of other people. I even suggested doing one for you a few weeks ago. That's a really dumb reason not to be able to go to Apex man.

Atlus8

Smash Master
where is javi staying? at the hotel?

Yeah! Javi and company are staying with me!

I wont be going to Apex, I couldn't get enough cash for it and the tickets got really expensive, i'll try to go next year.
Please tell us next time! I am more than sure that people would have helped you out! If Melee gets into the EVO lineup then come over for that!

Top Bottom