• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Competitive Character Impressions 2.0

?

• Total voters

Nah

Smash Champion
Thing is, even with Leo doing that, no one seems to think the Byleths are top tier anyway so...
I think the idea was more that, like with Byleth and Riptide, the upcoming SSC may be something that shows that the character is better than generally perceived. Or in Pika's case, is roughly as good as already perceived. Not that Byleth is literally top tier.

Though personally I don't really buy the idea that Byleth is more than mid-tier, nor would I be inclined to believe that Pikachu is legit busted as is often said if ESAM wins the whole thing.

Last edited:

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
Could the overabundance of ROB and Steve result in a kneejerk change from 13.0.0? Unlikely, but we will see if all this attention leads to anything with the patches coming up. That's not the reason I'm posting though.

Taking a look at the bracket for Smash Con, it will be relatively tame in Pools, up until Top 256 comes in, where nearly every top seed in their respective Top 256 bracket will have one challenge to face before breaking to Top 48. Some ones to keep an eye on as the day goes on include the following (assuming the bracket predictions are correct):

:ultpikachu: ESAM vs (ApolloKage/Sinji) ( :ultsnake: / :ultpacman:)
:ultluigi: Elegant/Dill :ultrob: & :ultsteve: yonni/Grayson :ultrob: (and the winners face off to advance)
:ultmythra: Cosmos vs (KirbyKid/Pelca) (:ultkrool: / :ultsnake: )
:ultrob: BigBoss vs Tilde :ultfalco:
:ultwolf: :ultzss: :ultjoker: NaitoSharp vs (Kurama/Beast) (:ultmario: / :ultpokemontrainer: )
:ultkazuya: :ult_terry: Riddles vs LingLing :ultpeach:

...and much, much more. And those above matches are Best of 3. If there were ever a send-off tournament for 12.0.0, this will be it with all the inevitable chaos to come. ROBs, Snakes, and Bayos aplenty with most of their top reps here, so it'll be interesting to see how they all do.

Also, ESAM has a bracket stacked against him past Top 48. MVD, Kola, Elegant are some players he may face in Top 48, and he has a worst-case scenario with potentially facing either Maister OR Marss in Top 8, assuming that bracket predictions are correct. As already stated, this is THE tournament for ESAM to prove himself, though that goes without saying it is the same for the majority of players here.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
As we're having a little bit of discussion on Pikachu & ESAM, I thought I'd just bring up this 45 minute Smash University video where they're talking about Pikachu.
They also talk about why opinion on :ultpikachu: is lower in Japan too.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
I more fear a kneejerk Pyra and Mythra nerf even though they aren't even that prevalent, people just like to complain about them.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I more fear a kneejerk Pyra and Mythra nerf even though they aren't even that prevalent, people just like to complain about them.
About that...
They've now passed :ultjoker: on OrionStats as the #1 DLC character. So yeah, I'd consider them prevalent.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Aren't even that prevalent
kneejerk
Are we watching the same tournaments?
She is agreed on by practically everyone at every level to be the best swordie in the entire game.

Rizen

Smash Legend
:ultpyra::ultmythra:'s the new ROB, appearing multiple times in the same top 8s everywhere and people put them down. Then Pikachu occasionally wins an A tier event and everyone calls him the best character. I already made a lengthy post about all the tournaments Pythra's won, which has only grown since then so I won't repeat myself. They'll eventually pass Roy in results provided they don't get nerfed into the ground.

With that said, I do think Pikachu is very strong in this sword dominated meta, Diddy too. Most of the top tiers have been significantly nerfed and several high tiers buffed. I don't believe in separating high and top tier anymore under these circumstances. I'd simply have one high tier featuring all these characters:
:ultpyra: :ultmythra: :ultzss::ultrob::ultjoker::ultbyleth::ultshulk::ultsephiroth::ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultfox::ultike::ulthero::ultmario::ultluigi::ultlucina::ultminmin:ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsamus::ultsnake::ultsonic::ult_terry::ultwario::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink:
Then one mid tier and one low tier making three total. Low would be the smallest. There are so many viable characters in this game and I believe any of the above can win tournaments. Some more than others.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
:ultkazuya: :ult_terry: Riddles vs LingLing :ultpeach:

...and much, much more. And those above matches are Best of 3. If there were ever a send-off tournament for 12.0.0, this will be it with all the inevitable chaos to come. ROBs, Snakes, and Bayos aplenty with most of their top reps here, so it'll be interesting to see how they all do.
a best of three vs the best kazuya in the world is literally a game of get hit 8-10 times and lose a set. have fun.

Personally i think optimized kazuya is the best DLC.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
:ultpyra::ultmythra:'s the new ROB, appearing multiple times in the same top 8s everywhere and people put them down. Then Pikachu occasionally wins an A tier event and everyone calls him the best character. I already made a lengthy post about all the tournaments Pythra's won, which has only grown since then so I won't repeat myself. They'll eventually pass Roy in results provided they don't get nerfed into the ground.
Especially if Sparg0 wins Smash Con Fall Fest, which looking at his bracket has a fairly reasonable chance of happening.
a best of three vs the best kazuya in the world is literally a game of get hit 8-10 times and lose a set. have fun.

Personally i think optimized kazuya is the best DLC.
I mean, Peach can be the same too with her turnip combos. That matchup seems fairly explosive. (Here's Larry getting taken to over 100% in one combo by Razo in friendlies)

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
You mean the post where you cited Leo despite him not using them much? I've yet to see anything that really suggests they are a problem. They are not dominating, and they don't even seem to be that common. They're used, yes, but I'm gonna need a bit more. They are not dominiating and they haven't gotten anywhere near R.O.B..

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
they don't even seem to be that common.
I'm pretty sure any character that's top 10, borderline top 5 in results is common. Just because they're not :ultrob: doesn't mean they're uncommon. Sparg0, Cosmos, Shuton and Cloudy have all gotten fantastic results with them, with them all getting into top 8 at least at a super-regional, with all of them other then Cloudy getting into top 8 at majors.

I don't know what you're trying to say, that they're not the next :metaknight: or :4bayonetta:? Because I think we all agree on that.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure any character that's top 10, borderline top 5 in results is common. Just because they're not :ultrob: doesn't mean they're uncommon. Sparg0, Cosmos, Shuton and Cloudy have all gotten fantastic results with them, with them all getting into top 8 at least at a super-regional, with all of them other then Cloudy getting into top 8 at majors.

I don't know what you're trying to say, that they're not the next :metaknight: or :4bayonetta:? Because I think we all agree on that.
More the latter yes. People were seemingly terrified that they were going to be everywhere like Smash 4 Cloud (probably more accurate than Bayo), but that just never happened. They are dominating. Good, sure, but not broken. They aren't flooding the scene. I don't see them as a problem. It's less they're not that common, and more they're not that common. But they do seem to get an almost disproportionate amount of complaints which is a bit worrying.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Considering how little Min Min has been nerfed despite the backlash from the Japanese scene, I'm starting to think that Pyra/Mythra will only get a slap on the wrist. The DLC characters in general haven't seen many changes especially when compared to Smash 4.

Rizen

Smash Legend
You mean the post where you cited Leo despite him not using them much? I've yet to see anything that really suggests they are a problem. They are not dominating, and they don't even seem to be that common. They're used, yes, but I'm gonna need a bit more. They are not dominiating and they haven't gotten anywhere near R.O.B..
I've already shown the results; if you fail to see them the fault is on you, not me. Nothing I said was inaccurate nor misleading; I clearly said Leo used them as a secondary. A secondary means they won games and he won a set vs Pink Fresh. When Leo used Byleth to win one game vs Maester in GFs (I can't remember which tournament that was) , Byleth counted as a secondary. And you conveniently forgot Cosmos got 7th with them solo that same tournament ( Glitch 8.5 - Konami Code ) and Spargo was absent. So if you want to cherry pick a tournament where their best rep was absent and there still were two players using them in top 8 as them not being dominant, fine.

ROB has a strong presence in top 64s but not so much top 8s. He's very popular, one of the best characters for sure I've been saying this for over a year, but doesn't preform as well as Pythra at a top level. No one single character has had more top 8 appearances than Pythra since their release (prove me wrong). Don't forget Spargo was ranked #1 with them in wifi. Also keep in mind that Pythra started low on the Orion Rank because the regions they were winning several tournaments in were still playing wifi when Japan went to offline tournaments. Again, here's their results. Plus I edited in these new ones:

Pinnacle 2021 (247 Entrants) (British Columbia)

1st: Ouch!? :ultwolf:
2nd: Grape :ultsnake:
3rd: Big D :ulticeclimbers: :ultfalcon:
4th: Jw :ultgreninja:
5th: Lemmon :ultjoker:
5th: Blacktwins :ultpyra: :ultmythra: :ultcloud:
7th: Tickle :ultpyra: :ultmythra:
7th: Riddles :ultkazuya: :ultwolf:

Smash The Line: Third Impact (79 entrants) (Enfield, CT)
Smash The Line:... | Bracket Settings

1st: Light :ultfox:
2nd: naitosharp :ultjoker::ultzss::ultcloud:
3rd: DM :ultpyra::ultmythra:
4th: Don :ultmario:
5th: Pelca :ultsnake:
5th: KOM :ultpeach:
7th: 6:00am :ultincineroar:
7th: Average Alex :ultpyra::ultmythra:
Mash Harder (104 Entrants) (Massachusets)

1st: Naitosharp :ultjoker: :ultpyra: :ultmythra: :ultwolf: :ultcloud: :ultzss:
2nd: DM :ultpyra: :ultmythra: :ultsteve:
Glitch 8.5 - Konami Code (421 entrants) (Laurel, MD)

Glitch 8.5 - Ko... | Standings (smash.gg)

1st: ESAM :ultpikachu:| :ultbrawler:
2nd: MkLeo :ultbyleth::ultjoker:| :ultpyra::ultmythra:
3rd: Kola :ultroy:
4th: Maister :ultgnw:
5th: Light :ultfox:
5th: Chag :ultpalutena:
7th: Marss :ultzss:
7th: Cosmos :ultpyra::ultmythra:
Riptide (1,024 entrants) (Sandusky, Ohio)
Riptide | Standings (smash.gg)

Seibugeki 8 (192 entrants) (Tokyo, Japan)
西武撃 #8 | Standings (smash.gg)

1st: ProtoBanHam :ultminmin:ultlucina:
2nd: Eim :ultsheik:
3rd: Gackt :ultness:
4th: Shuton :ultpyra::ultmythra::ultolimar:

tl;dr anytime you argue with me, you're arguing against a slew of results.

WatwatBreton

Smash Cadet
I mean you don't need to be bayo/mk level to be nerfed in this game lol, (see: every single top tier nerf we had).

Our patches so far have consisted of:
  • Low tier buffs, usually to characters who a) havent been buffed last patch and b) are bad according to most metrics (see: orionrank correlation with the buff list).
  • Some occasional mid/high tier buff on underused moves (ness uthrow).
  • Random multihit fixes.
  • Sometime slight top tier nerfs on statistical outliers.

No way to tell if they'll go with the latter, but if they do I believe ROB "Destroyer of worlds and brackets" and Pythra "Fastest DLC rise to relevance" are the most likely contenders. If that happens they won't get nerfed to the ground, and I could use a world where ROB side b is less of a "woops you died at 0 from a true combo" and where a few of pythra's move get toned down from "what the hell is this" to "pretty good" (there's a LOT to pick lmao this character is cracked). Whatever happens I'm sure they'll be still hella good lol (because zss/palu/wario/wolf/joker all are pretty good characters in super smash bros ultimate).

Curious to see who low/mid-tier-buff roulette will end up on this time though, there's quite a few characters who could use a lil push. Always ends up being the most exciting part of any DLC release for me lol, it's just fun to toy around with new tools.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Considering how little Min Min has been nerfed despite the backlash from the Japanese scene, I'm starting to think that Pyra/Mythra will only get a slap on the wrist. The DLC characters in general haven't seen many changes especially when compared to Smash 4.
Still though, those slaps on the wrists have been decently impactful: I wanna say that Min Min's Up B* and Joker's Downward Gun are the most impactful changes, even if they aren't game-changing. Likewise, if the Aegis are getting slaps on the wrists it might be stuff like say one of their specials having more endlag (what happened to Eiha / Tetrakarn) or if they feel that something about them are overtuned enough to nerf slightly. That we'll have to see about - there are only a few days until we know anyhow.

I don't wanna entirely discount the possibility of a rather impactful or even major change though. Protobanham was a bit worried about the "next patch" (which turned out to be the Sora patch) when Larry Lurr interviewed him; his reasoning being that the 12.0 patch was for a complicated character (Kazuya) and thus was minor and the "next patch" would be for a simpler one**. Now I should also note that Proto's also happy that Nintendo / Bamco doesn't tend to over-patch when releasing new characters, so that's a mitigating factor.

That said, what happens with the post-Sora patches... now that's uncharted territory. Chances are good that they'll continue down the small-ish changes path, but I don't wanna entirely discount a big patch either since Sm4sh's 1.1.5 was a major one that did significantly nerf :4bayonetta: , :4cloud: and :4corrin: while buffing quite a few characters (incl. :4mewtwo: ). Now yes, Ultimate's in a different place than Sm4sh was, so this comparision is not apples to apples, but I'm still raising this point due to precedence.

*(I'm not sure how she wound up with a FAF 40 air dodge initially, but it's FAF 51 now, matching the rest of the cast).
**(Although I'm not entirely convinced this is the case since the last major patch was 8.0.0 - Min Min's.)

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Either way, due to :ultsora: being released 4 days from now, and 1 day after Fall Fest ends, I doubt anything that happens at Fall Fest will have any weight to what will happen with patch 1.3.0. It's too soon.
It may have weight in a future balance patch (who knows when that will happen), but that entirely depends if something worrying happens in that tournament, like 6 different Aegis players at top 8 or something crazy like that (doubt that will happen).

NairWizard

Somewhere
I feel like Aegis is somewhat underwhelming relative to perception. I may be somewhat alone on this, but it's 3 things for me:

1) Mythra's big gimmick in neutral, the thing that's letting her get away with spamming aerials on shield, is the extremely low hitlag on all of her aerials. Those of us who've played Brawl are no strangers to dealing with this, however--this is exactly how Brawl Marth was. Adequate counterplay to these low reactability windows has been established over the last decade, so I feel confident in saying that people are going to get better in not letting Mythra run aggressive trains on them in neutral. Right now, Mythras are playing like she's Roy, but they'll eventually have to start whiff punishing things instead of aggro'ing everyone. Mythra's good at whiff punishing, so this isn't entirely a bad thing, but right now she's getting away with both, which makes her seem really overwhelming in neutral.

2) Their disadvantage is worse than you think. Their recoveries are, in some matchups, worse than Little Mac recoveries. Pyra's up-b shenanigans at ledge are fake and you should be trying to hit her every time, even if you failed to intercept. Photon Edge is just a skill check, and most characters should have some way to spike it or kill Mythra for going for it. Lack of ledge mixups means that sometimes they just don't want to risk drifting to ledge to avoid a juggle. On top of that, Mythra's rolls and spotdodge data are more punishable than normal, so even if they get off the ledge and/or land safely, getting out of the corner can be hard.

3) I think their advantage state isn't as good as it looks, though it is pretty good.

At low percents, Mythra will get you from 0 to 30-40 for free, but, well, that's most of the relevant cast right now in one way or another, so that isn't particularly impressive. At mid percents, I think Aegis runs into some problems. Outside of Pyra low d-air to up-smash, they're not killing you from center stage, and they're not going super deep to edgeguard you, or super high with a Pyra up-air/n-air, so that means that the scariest thing that Aegis has at most percents is ledgetrapping. While Mythra is really good at ledgetrapping, her setups aren't usually lethal. She can cover roll and neutral getup simultaneously with d-smash or something, but back hit of d-smash won't be killing you if you roll, so unless she reads the roll super early and f-smashes, you aren't dead, and even if she does that, you still aren't dead since it'll likely be cross stage.

Pyra ledgetrapping is much more lethal but riskier for the Pyra. If she misreads an option, like going for a ledge jump read or shielding near neutral getup and foregoing the roll coverage, she risks losing stage control, and losing stage control as Aegis is really bad as we see in #2 above.

I think that they're in the top 20 range, but it's hard for me to see the claims of "obvious top 5." I'd like to see Tweek play them.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Either way, due to :ultsora: being released 4 days from now, and 1 day after Fall Fest ends, I doubt anything that happens at Fall Fest will have any weight to what will happen with patch 1.3.0. It's too soon.
Is Sora able to be played during Fall Fest?

Kokiden

Smash Ace
No, as he and patch 13.0.0 comes out the literal day after Fall Fest concludes.
Oh he comes out after.

I didn't know the exact date for Fall Fest. In the next major even we should get an idea of how he performs then.

Other than Zackray, did any other major player express interest in maining him?

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
Oh he comes out after.

I didn't know the exact date for Fall Fest. In the next major even we should get an idea of how he performs then.

Tweek has expressed he would do it so that everyone would hate Sora and the Sora fans would have to learn from him LOL.
I think that was at least half joking though I don't think Tweek is ditching Diddy unironically for a character he dislikes being in Smash that much.
Aside from that I don't really know

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Oh he comes out after.

Larry posted this
No idea if he's joking or not.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Especially if Sparg0 wins Smash Con Fall Fest, which looking at his bracket has a fairly reasonable chance of happening.

I mean, Peach can be the same too with her turnip combos. That matchup seems fairly explosive. (Here's Larry getting taken to over 100% in one combo by Razo in friendlies)
People have been posting peach 0 to death videos and clips for years now even going back to multiple games. the difference it kazuya starts his from grab, electric, a while rising stagger, or a side b. all of which we have seen multiple players convert to death in matches some of these matches high level players.

i dont see peach turnip to death combos happen nearly as often even from her best players.

pyra and mythra seem to have some doubters but as of now i really cant think of an actual pyra mythra main to watch and find out if they have more tricks and confirms. back in smash 4 for example, cloud was a character any pro could play well but htere was a gap when you watched spargos cloud vs a secondary cloud from a high level player.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
People have been posting peach 0 to death videos and clips for years now even going back to multiple games. the difference it kazuya starts his from grab, electric, a while rising stagger, or a side b. all of which we have seen multiple players convert to death in matches some of these matches high level players.

i dont see peach turnip to death combos happen nearly as often even from her best players.

pyra and mythra seem to have some doubters but as of now i really cant think of an actual pyra mythra main to watch and find out if they have more tricks and confirms. back in smash 4 for example, cloud was a character any pro could play well but htere was a gap when you watched spargos cloud vs a secondary cloud from a high level player.
Here's a VOD of Blacktwins's Aegis against Riddles' Roy who he's using for Terry/Kazuya's bad matchups.
Obviously there's also Cosmos and Leo's Aegis but I'm assuming you've already seen those.

Last edited:

toonito

Smash Ace
About that...
They've now passed :ultjoker: on OrionStats as the #1 DLC character. So yeah, I'd consider them prevalent.
biggest gain from last data (10/7): :ultpichu: +11

biggest drop from last data (10/7): :ultgnw::ultbrawler:-5

biggest gain since March 31st (when OrionStats resumed tracking offline tournaments): :ultpyra::ultmythra:+60

biggest drop since March 31st (when OrionStats resumed tracking offline tournaments): :ultpit:-43

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
biggest gain from last data (10/7): :ultpichu: +11

biggest drop from last data (10/7): :ultgnw::ultbrawler:-5

biggest gain since March 31st (when OrionStats resumed tracking offline tournaments): :ultpyra::ultmythra:+60

biggest drop since March 31st (when OrionStats resumed tracking offline tournaments): :ultpit:-43
So, what did happen with Pit, why was he so high up on OrionStats at first?

toonito

Smash Ace
So, what did happen with Pit, why was he so high up on OrionStats at first?
IIRC March 31st OS update was mainly Japanese tournament data as NA weren't holding large events and Pit was #23 in that data set. He's currently #66. Pit wasn't all that popular a character so I think others just performed better during this time.

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
An asterisk I'd consider jotting down for this tournament when evaluating the results/sets of it is that a good chunk of top players (notably Maister, Dabuz, ESAM, and Marss), have been juggling between competing for SSBU and competing for NASB's tournament and/or the Melee vs. Ultimate Crew battle. This is a first for most of these players iirc.

I'm not saying this to make justifications for anytime a top player underperforms, but don't be too surprised if you see some of these players not playing quite at their peak this time.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Dabuz also got upset against Jakal earlier in bracket and is sitting in Top 48 of Losers Bracket. He entertained dropping out since between having entered all four games this weekend he hasn't been practicing Ultimate much.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
For more upsets:

Vince 2-1 Player-1:ultdiddy: (out at 97th)
DM:ultpikachu::ultmythra: 1-2 PsychoMiko:ultdarksamus::ultpit: (DM got the runback in loser's and won 2-1)
Synergy:ultrobin: 2-0 KirbyKid:ultkrool: (out at 65th)
colinies:ultyounglink::ultroy: 1-2 Dandelion:ultfox::ultcloud:
colinies:ultyounglink::ultroy: 1-2 Frostbyte:ultroy: (out at 65th)
Cyro:ultroy: 1-2 Alternis:ultlittlemac:
naitosharp:ultjoker::ultzss: 0-2 Alternis:ultlittlemac:
IceBear 2-0 Beast:ultpokemontrainer:
naitosharp:ultjoker::ultzss: 0-2 Beast:ultpokemontrainer: (out at 65th)
LingLing:ultpeach: 1-2 IcyMist:ultsamus:
Riddles:ultkazuya: 1-2 IcyMist:ultsamus:
Phuzix:ultsheik: 2-0 LingLing:ultpeach:
TheMightDialga:ultbayonetta: 1-2 Kurshaun:ultpacman:
Pink Fresh:ultminmin 1-2 Kurshaun:ultpacman:
Peanut:ultlittlemac: 1-2 Dimento:ultdarkpit:
Dabuz:ultalph::ultrosalina: 0-2 Jakal:ultwolf:

On a side note, it would appear that Elegant's:ultluigi: record versus top Steve players continues to be positive, with a 2-1 victory over yonni:ultsteve:.
The more you think about it, Luigi vs Steve might as well be a mirror match. lol

Also, Marss:ultzss: finally got the rematch vs AxiomXL:ultkazuya:, emerging with a 2-0 victory.

Tomorrow's top 48 bracket:

Winner's
ApolloKage:ultsnake: vs MVD:ultsnake:
Kola:ultroy::ultcloud: vs Elegant:ultluigi:
Maister:ultgnw: vs WaDi:ultmewtwo::ultrob:
Marss:ultzss: vs Tilde:ultfalco:
Sparg0:ultmythra: vs IcyMist:ultsamus:
Mistake:ultbayonetta1: vs Cosmos:ultmythra:
Jakal:ultwolf: vs Kurama:ultmario:
Light:ultfox: vs Aaron:ultdiddy:

Loser's
Puppeh:ultpokemontrainerf: vs Sinji:ultpacman:
Suarez:ultyoshi: vs Chugs
Alternis:ultlittlemac: vs DM:ultpikachu::ultpyra:
Dabuz:ultalph::ultminmin:ultrosalina: vs Grayson:ultrob:
Pelca:ultsnake: vs Pink Fresh:ultminmin
Red Oolong:ultwiifittrainer::ultkazuya: vs Frostbyte:ultroy:
Riddles:ultkazuya: vs PkChris:ultness:
John Numbers:ultwiifittrainer: vs Frozen:ultpyra::ultpalutena:
BigBoss:ultrob: vs NickDistrict14:ultwiifittrainer:
AxiomXL:ultkazuya::ultwario: vs Phuzix:ultsheik:
Lima:ultbayonetta1: vs AoS:ultzss:
Kurshaun:ultpacman: vs Synergy:ultrobin:
yonni:ultsteve: vs Peanut:ultlittlemac:
Zomba:ultrob: vs Cyro:ultroy:
Tony Pajamas:ultness: vs Mercury:ultjoker:
ESAM:ultpikachu: vs Mr.Zercon:ultisabelle:

The :ultrob: or :ultsteve: density in this tournament is not as high as in the previous few major events. A few R.O.B. players did eliminate eachother, with Grayson vs Dill being an example.
Loser's bracket looks interesting, as there are a surprising amount of :ultwiifittrainer: and :ultkazuya: players there, with a bonus of two :ultlittlemac: players there as well.
ESAM:ultpikachu: seems to have an easy enough bracket until top 24, where things will get interesting.
Mistake:ultbayonetta1: seems to be carrying the momentum for winning SSB4 singles all the way to this bracket. His match vs Cosmos:ultmythra: may be volatile.
Similarly, Elegant:ultluigi: and IcyMist:ultsamus: are getting momentum by being the 3rd and 5th place, respectively, finishers of SSB4 singles. While Elegant has been performing amazingly in the last few major events, we haven't seen much from IcyMist in a very long time. Funnily enough, I think her breakout tournament in SSB4 was a Smash Con event, so it is fitting that it is the case in Ultimate as well.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
So counting secondaries in top 64, there are 4 Pyra/Mythra's, 4 ROB's, 3 Snake's, 3 Roy's and 3 Kazuya's. Aside from Kazuya these make 4 of the top 6 on OrionRank. The other two (Wolf and Palutena) only have one rep each.

Big upsets
Tilde :ultfalco: 3-2 Marss :ultzss:
PkChris :ultness: 3-1 Riddles :ultkazuya: (Riddles out at 33rd)
Jakal :ultwolf: 3-1 Kurama :ultmario:

Last edited:
Top Bottom