• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Patch Notes v1.1.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlabbyOrb

Smash Cadet
NNID
amacadaeg
:4bowserjr:Bowser Jr

Neutral B Buffed 8-20% instead of 7-18%
Downthrow nerfed to 7% instead of 8%

Shmeckie

Smash Cadet
NNID
shmeckie
So I noticed something interesting with Meta-Knight in FG, so I ran off to training to see if I was right...

Previously, Meta Knight couldn't grab the ledge from his up-B until after the loop portion of the attack (resulting in him somersaulting over the ledge before swooping down and grabbing it). Now he can immediately snap to the ledge at any point in the attack.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit and Dark Pit's Dsmash has reduced KB on the sweetspot of the back hit, only enough to KO 6% later. Dspecial comes out sooner. Rapid hits in rapid jab suck opponents in at a crazy rate, and the finisher is more reliable due to the hitbox size increase and maybe something else. Yes, on both characters.

Edit: DEEEERP. Forgot the big one. Dair combos longer, and as a result the previously half-decent KO move KO% 22% later. Both again.

All arrows do consistent damage throughout their range... We're all numbskulls over on the angel forums and can't remember if it actually happened recently or is new. :p Dark Pit's arrows got a weird buff, KOs 36% quicker uncharged, 9% charged. Then Pit's Fspecial KOs 4% quicker for no reason. Autocancels unchanged.

I'm the crazy guy who'd always come in and say "no changes on Pit/Dark Pit," you can trust me. :bee:

Last edited:

TheEpicKing

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEpicKing
Seems like added endlag to Ryu's up smash or its slightly changed. You can spam it in place pretty safe but now it seems less safe. Someone feel free to test.

Saul222

Smash Rookie
Just tested with full rage (150% im guessing) didn´t get it, am i doing something wrong?

Pokeswagg

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
I am almost certain of this:

Palutena's Fair does 1% more
7% -> 8%
Edit: Also, I'm less sure of this but Palutena's counter turns her around when attacking. If it did before, guess I just got hit by some weird hitboxes.
Edit 2: Possible placebo, but G&W's up air feels harder to connect with both hits. First hit seems to windbox them even if it hits, which I didn't notice before.
I main palutena and she seems so much smoother from before. Her moves have less lag. Her dash grab seems to also have more rang. Her side attack animation isn't as laggy and maybe comes out 2 or 1 second faster than it did before the update. Auto-R has 9% damage. Her up and side smashes seem to be less laggy. Her down air comes out faster. She been buffed

Last edited:

Pokeswagg

Smash Rookie
Source: http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/raw/diff-128-144/palutena.html
(i got this from the palutena social thread, dunno who the original poster is)

-Spot dodge: 9f - 28f ---> 6f -19f
-Rolls: 7f - 20f ---> 6f - 17f
-Air dodge: 7f - 20f ---> 7f - 23f
(Her spot dodge and rolls are slightly quicker, and her air dodge is slightly longer)
-F-tilt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UetzgKS-qQ changed from a 3 hit move (6% + 4% + 6% = 16%) to a 2 hit move (6% + 6% = 12%) and has lowered base knockback, so the two hits connect a little easier. The hitbox size was increased slightly.
-F-air: 7% -> 8%
-N-Air: slight increase to the sizes on the non-final hitboxes.

In addition there was something added to D-tilt (05D - AttackLw3 - F252F718) and her grabs (Catch) but I'm not able to determine what they are.
I think her grabs have received a little range boost

Last edited:

nerdbot

Smash Rookie
Well the shadow ball always did do a lot of shield damage but breaking a full shield?! Hot Dang.
Disregard that. It's custom parts. I didn't think about it but the 1v1 Custom For Glory tournies would naturally have custom equips on and not just the moves. OOPS

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
It seems like the shields regenerate slower universally.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Fox reflector has its knockback angle changed too when used in the air. Now you can possibly gimp people.

As for Shulk Back Slash, it got a physics change too. You jump a bit higher, so you get a bit more range.
The other thing is, when you use it in the air, back slash doesn't start as fast as it used to be. Now it starts more slowly until it gains more speed.

Mr. Game & Watch also got neutral B frying pan knockback changes. It now pushes you farther, so you cant trap characters between the sausages rain :<

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
this sucks that Jr and Jigglypuff didnt get anything at all while Mewtwo did got little buff with side tilt nerf :/

does anyone if they got a buff in either IASA, Landing lag or less startup on stuff?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Any changes for Mario or is he once again unaffected?
Seems Dr. Mario got buffed but nothing confirmed for the Mario from an alternate universe where he went directly into the family business rather than getting his M.D.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@LordWilliam1234 I guess if anyone's going to get this out of the way... I might as well ask. You mind checking out for frame data changes on Sheik first? Data dumps don't tell us anything in that regard so yeah, I think we'd all really appreciate it.
So how do you think of Wii Fit Trainer? Was she buffed?

horseduty

Smash Rookie
Any changes for Mario or is he once again unaffected?
Actually despite what everyone is saying I did notice one small change.

Mario's dash attack no longer hits under the ledge, therefore it doesn't stage spike like it used to. Knew this would get patched out at some point.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
Actually despite what everyone is saying I did notice one small change.

Mario's dash attack no longer hits under the ledge, therefore it doesn't stage spike like it used to. Knew this would get patched out at some point.
Hmm......maybe they changed this for Doc too? Idk has anybody tested?

Excision7

Smash Rookie
I found out something important!

Luigi's foward air doesn't do just 8% from the nerf it also has another damage hitbox.

Sweet Spot ~ 8%

Weak Spot ~ 7%

I feel this is pretty important to add.

Excision7

Smash Rookie
The weak spot? You mean the one that send people behind?
it depends but that may be so it. but i just found out that the foward air could do 7% while i was battling someone on anthers and just when i did that attack of a foward air it did 7%

[Note: i was battling a pikachu when this happened so maybe this just happens to small characters as a possibility]? im gonna look more into this

My opponent was like at 138% at the time and it went to 145%

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
it depends but that may be so it. but i just found out that the foward air could do 7% while i was battling someone on anthers and just when i did that attack of a foward air it did 7%
Staling exist.

It was probably staled. If you want to test damage, test it at Training Mode.

Excision7

Smash Rookie
Staling exist.

It was probably staled. If you want to test damage, test it at Training Mode.
hmmm true probably could have been a stale, kinda forgot about those for a second. but i'll make sure anyways.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Here's some more comparisons by me. It isn't perfect and the quality is low but it's here to note that something is definitely different. Top is 1.1.0 patch, bottom is 1.0.0.

Pit's Arrows have reduced cool-down.

Luigi's down-tilt has reduced cool-down.

Marth's forward-aerial, back-aerial, up-aerial, down-aerial and Dolphin Slash landing lag reduced.

Toon Link's neutral-aerial landing lag reduced.

I can also say that Sheik's forward-aerial does not appear to have any landing increase. It seems to be exactly the same.
Can you please compare Samus? So far she got absolutely nothing.

ShineFantasm

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4038-5988-2002
User was warned for this post
What about Falco ? Did someone notice anything on him ? Cant test atm

pokemonspecial

Smash Rookie
Your avatar is bizarrely accurate for the content of this post. The wide eyes of (Red?) match the "o.o" perfectly.
lol true just noticed that XD
Yep its Red from the Pokemon Special (pokemon adventures) manga

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom