• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Patch Notes v1.1.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luig

Confused
So luigi's default up b kos 7 percent earlier, sonic's fsmash 106 kbg to 101 kbg with a different sound, and Luigi's fireball endlag slightly increased.

soru

#2 Best Palutena in Canada
Palutena changes according to dantarion's dumps:

Spotdodge seems to start earlier (9f -> 6f) and end earlier (28f -> 19f)
Forward/backward roll startup (7f -> 6f) and endlag (20f -> 17f)
Air Dodge seems to last longer? end lag (20f > 23f)
Ftilt has two hitboxes that link properly now.
Dtilt's hitbox seems to be bigger, this change is the one I am still not sure about. It seems to hit people on the ledge though.
Nair has a bigger hitbox (size 3.0 > 3.4)
Fair damage 7% -> 8%
Grabs have an unknown parameter changed. Multiple Palutena mains told me all the grabs endlag are much faster.

iDarkLink

Smash Rookie
NNID
iDarkLinkGraal
3DS FC
0173-1601-0584
If I don't say it I don't think anybody will... Villager's up-b was nerfed. If you continuously use up-b, the balloons will not stay out as long, in a way deflating. Shouldn't change Villager too much but if you're being edge-guarded hard then you're screwed... Good luck all Villagers out there!

Last edited:

Antunee

Dinkey King
NNID
Andami
If I don't say it I don't think anybody will... Villager's up-b was nerfed. If you continuously use up-b, the ballons will not stay out as long, in a way deflating. Shouldn't change Villager too much but if you're being edge-guarded hard then you're screwed... Good luck all Villagers out there!
Was in the last character balance patch.

Spearwing13

Smash Rookie
Robin's Dthrow has less knock back and can combo (not well, at 0% the only guaranteed combo is jab :( but it leads to 50/50s so we take those)
i cannot test this but it feels like her Levin sword damage/knockback has gotten stronger

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
If I don't say it I don't think anybody will... Villager's up-b was nerfed. If you continuously use up-b, the balloons will not stay out as long, in a way deflating. Shouldn't change Villager too much but if you're being edge-guarded hard then you're screwed... Good luck all Villagers out there!
100% sure that the Up-B nerf has been there since last patch.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
So I can confirm the changes to Link's Spin Attack are a better recovery overall. Link has gained a lot of extra height on Spin Attack, which aids his recovery. As well, his recovery move has been sped up in terms of its height gaining due to this.

Also, Fox's Forward Air no longer has much extra lift. When I used it, I found that it does at least 1/3 of what it used to do in the previous patches.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
am I seeing things or does ganon's uair autocancel now?

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
thank you

Edit: Do you mean the jump-canceled upsmash, or the non jump-canceled upsmash, or both?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll post Wii Fit's stuff later, good lord the buffs.

A teaser for now: Grab hitboxes are lowered, so she should have less problems with short characters.
Let me know if DTilt got a buff. I SWEAR its animation is much faster now.

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
Can any Ganon mains double check up smash for me? Seems it's knockback got hella nerfed. But he's able to true combo jab from it at low % w no DI. :S

Did Ganon's UpSmash always do 21 dmg? Seems to kill shiek pretty early. Like 90 and she's dead on FD from one UpSmash. FSmash I think got 1% decrease? I remember it doing 25dmg. Could just be placebo though. If someone could double check those that'd be great. :)

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Ganon's F and U Smash are 100 percent the same. If they aren't in the code list Dantarion made, the code for the move isn't changed unless it has a different IASA or landing lag value.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
So I was playing against my brother on Smash with items, and literally, I used Ganondorf's Dash Attack and ran into a capsule around the beginning and middle of the attack. However, this was an EXPLODING capsule. I do believe Ganondorf's Dash Attack has either invulnerability frames or can actually beat harder-hitting projectiles now on startup.

Can any Ganon mains double check up smash for me? Seems it's knockback got hella nerfed. But he's able to true combo jab from it at low % w no DI. :S

Did Ganon's UpSmash always do 21 dmg? Seems to kill shiek pretty early. Like 90 and she's dead on FD from one UpSmash. FSmash I think got 1% decrease? I remember it doing 25dmg. Could just be placebo though. If someone could double check those that'd be great. :)
Okay:
1) It didn't get a knockback nerf.
2) U-Smash still deals its standard 24% on sweetspot, 21% on sourspot.
3) It kills Sheik WAY earlier than that.

@ Mario766 Mario766 Be completely honest, have you ever used Ganondorf's Dash Attack, pre-patch, on something like Link's Bombs, and always get hit? Now I just can't get hurt by Link's Bombs when I use Ganon's Dash Attack. In fact, no projectile seems to clank with the dash anymore near startup. Placebo or change?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I'm pretty sure Ganon's dash attack has a disjoint which would protect him from an exploding capsule. Falcon's dash attack does the same thing.

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
So I was playing against my brother on Smash with items, and literally, I used Ganondorf's Dash Attack and ran into a capsule around the beginning and middle of the attack. However, this was an EXPLODING capsule. I do believe Ganondorf's Dash Attack has either invulnerability frames or can actually beat harder-hitting projectiles now on startup.

Okay:
1) It didn't get a knockback nerf.
2) U-Smash still deals its standard 24% on sweetspot, 21% on sourspot.
3) It kills Sheik WAY earlier than that.

@ Mario766 Mario766 Be completely honest, have you ever used Ganondorf's Dash Attack, pre-patch, on something like Link's Bombs, and always get hit? Now I just can't get hurt by Link's Bombs when I use Ganon's Dash Attack. In fact, no projectile seems to clank with the dash anymore near startup. Placebo or change?
Thanks for the reply just wanted to make sure.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
:4falcon:Captain Falcon
  • Back Air damage reduced 14% → 13%
  • Jab
    • Rapid jab horizontal? displacement reduced 5.0u/4.8u → 3.0u/2.8u
    • Rapid jab finisher horizontal? displacement reduced 14u → 10u

So this combined with the up air nerf last patched has gone and covered about 2/3rds or more of the stuff I felt was stupid on Falcon.

(i'm on page 5)
Hey, Shaya, that's great information, you know. Although Captain Falcon has a new sweetspot on U-Air that deals 11% damage instead of the all around 10%.

And secondly, I'm confirming to you that Link's Spin Attack gains more height and Fox's F-Air gains less height, respectively.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Hey what do you know, they nerfed greninja again.
No, no they didn't. Greninja got both neutral b and down throw buffed. Unless you're trying to make some reverse psychology meta-meme joke. In which case, well played?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Hey what do you know, they nerfed greninja again.
is fhis what happens when the memes take control of you

he got a combo throw and his amazing projectile back. please stop that.

D

Deleted member

Warning Received
Sheik :

F-Throw trajectory change (sends upward) (NOT FULLY TESTED,WILL DO IT LATER WITH MY WII U VS 3DS)

Bouncing fish KB nerfed

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Anything about Jigglypuff? Hitboxes, animation, sounds, what ever, just tell me that she wasn't excluded again ;..(

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Why hasn't anything been posted about Yoshi yet? He got an interesting change.

I might go test some of the thing Zelda got; ho-hum~

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
@ Radical Larry Radical Larry
no instance of 0x41300000 in the change logs for Falcon. You're testing in training mode right? if you weren't I'm infracting you.

Also I'd like to wait for someone to confirm your thoughts on Link's upb (or if you can provide video comparison that'll be good too)
I was indeed in Training Mode. However, not one instance pre-patch have I seen U-Air deal 11% damage. I believe the sweetspot belongs on the foot to test.

But sadly, on the Link part, I had the update once I booted the game. But I do believe his recovery got buffed. (I hope someone can confirm or deconfirm it.)

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
@ Radical Larry Radical Larry
no instance of 0x41300000 in the change logs for Falcon. You're testing in training mode right? if you weren't I'm infracting you.

Also I'd like to wait for someone to confirm your thoughts on Link's upb (or if you can provide video comparison that'll be good too)
Well, Uair in 1.0.8 did 10 on legs and 11 on thighs.......

Also maybe it's placebo @ Radical Larry Radical Larry . I tested the same thing and got no result of the kind, but I'll just wait.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
No changes for the Mii fighters? I remember reading on reddit that Mii Gunner got some buffs..

Last edited:

Eureka

Smash Ace
No changes for the Mii fighters? I remember reading on reddit that Mii Ginner got some buffs..
Nope, nothing about Mii Ginner. Although it has been said that Mii Gunner may have had it's lag decreased on it's missile. I'm sorry, I had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom