• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Patch Notes v1.03

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Some ideas: Test the ability of getting out of rapid Jabs, test IASA frames on Jabs, test any ATs that have become popular...

Maybe the glitch where blowing up Wario's bike while it's moving on the ground hits Wario no matter where he is?

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
This doesn't have anyone to do with gameplay, but error code 018-0516, which pops up when you want to play online if you live in a dorm or somewhere else with strict firewall settings, has also not been fixed.

Peach is the same. ATs are still in and Dash Attack still doesn't connect reliably all the time. I think it just has something to do with items or solo mode, things competitive players don't really look into.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Just downloaded it; can confirm that Wario's getting hurt by the moving bike explosion at any range is still in the game.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
People have been reporting wildly different file sizes from the patch.

Someone mentioned their update was 400 blocks, while mine was 750.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It is supposed to be lumped in with the previous patches; I don't suppose you guys hadn't gotten all the earlier ones, huh?

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Can we update the op with all the suspected changes my n*****?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I haven't found anything changed on Greninja, but I'll double check later today.

Hazzuh

Smash Rookie
People have been reporting wildly different file sizes from the patch.

Someone mentioned their update was 400 blocks, while mine was 750.
Mine was ~750 as well. The PAL version of the patch could be bigger (assuming you're in Australia so you have a PAL version?). Often PAL versions of games are a bit bigger because they replicated things for each language.

Also, in regards to shielding being changed, it's surely not sufficient to just check Jigglypuff's shield? It could have only been certain characters that have been affected. It's probably the case that nothing has changed but still. I guess nobody has frame data on how long it took other characters shields to break in the previous patch though.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I have one confirmed change, and I suspect this is the only change they made:

There was an issue pre-patch where several multi-hit moves would drop, especially light characters and especially in the air. Two examples are ZSS' side-b and up-b. In 1.0.2, Little Mac could hold up to escape ZSS' up-b on the ground and in the air, and several characters basically fell out of her up-b when she tried to use it in the air as a kill move. This issue has been corrected; I have only seen up-b drop once and I spaced it very very badly.

After some testing it seems most multi-hit specials (Firefox, MK side-b) have been adjusted to hold on to characters a little better after they've hit.

This change does not seem to affect some multi-hit jabs like Diddy Kong's, which still is really easy to escape.

JoeInky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JoeInky
3DS FC
4596-9442-7695
Mine was ~750 as well. The PAL version of the patch could be bigger (assuming you're in Australia so you have a PAL version?). Often PAL versions of games are a bit bigger because they replicated things for each language.

Also, in regards to shielding being changed, it's surely not sufficient to just check Jigglypuff's shield? It could have only been certain characters that have been affected. It's probably the case that nothing has changed but still. I guess nobody has frame data on how long it took other characters shields to break in the previous patch though.
I tried it with Mario, Falco and ROB as well as Jiggly, shields haven't been changed at all in the new update.

There was an issue pre-patch where several multi-hit moves would drop, especially light characters and especially in the air. Two examples are ZSS' side-b and up-b. In 1.0.2, Little Mac could hold up to escape ZSS' up-b on the ground and in the air, and several characters basically fell out of her up-b when she tried to use it in the air as a kill move. This issue has been corrected; I have only seen up-b drop once and I spaced it very very badly.

After some testing it seems most multi-hit specials (Firefox, MK side-b) have been adjusted to hold on to characters a little better after they've hit.

This change does not seem to affect some multi-hit jabs like Diddy Kong's, which still is really easy to escape.
Calling you out on this being confirmed, at least on the Firefox.

It's still easy for a light character to escape it in midair, are you sure this isn't just a bit of conjecture mixed with being a bit lucky with hitboxes in the new update? Where has it been 'confirmed'?

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Anyone test if Rush Coil Cancelling is still there, I think I read somewhere that it was removed.

Hazzuh

Smash Rookie
I tried it with Mario, Falco and ROB as well as Jiggly, shields haven't been changed at all in the new update.
Oh right, cool. I guess that's isn't too surprising.

I suppose it speaks volumes about Nintendo's relationship with their fanbase that people assume that all these major changes have been made and the developers would be this obtuse about it.

B0NK

Smash Lord
It's still easy for a light character to escape it in midair, are you sure this isn't just a bit of conjecture mixed with being a bit lucky with hitboxes in the new update? Where has it been 'confirmed'?
Can you post how you are consistently escaping it with light characters? How are you spacing the ZSS up-b and which direction are the light characters DI-ing?

EDIT: From what I can tell through testing, the hits connect better than pre-patch. There are still spacing the move will never connect but from what I can tell it's actually possible to land it on airborne opponents now when pre-patch it was impossible if the opponent DI'd correctly.

Last edited:

JoeInky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JoeInky
3DS FC
4596-9442-7695
Can you post how you are consistently escaping it with light characters? How are you spacing the ZSS up-b and which direction are the light characters DI-ing?
I was only talking about the Firefox, you can escape it just by holding up from what I was doing.

Also I've been testing it by creating a local lobby for my two 3DS', shouldn't the fact that I can do this without any desyncs despite the fact that they're both different versions mean there aren't any gameplay changes, or do we reckon there's any background stuff happening here.

Maybe the host 3DS reverts back to 1.02 for playing with a lower version but I can't see them bothering with that, I'd imagine they'd just outright stop you from joining if there were gameplay differences.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Can Dedede's Gordos still get stuck on him? They didn't mention the word "bugs" or "glitches" in the patch notes but who the hell knows, this is incredibly lazy and unacceptable for a game like this.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
They made a really nice change to the Conquest competitions. Before it would show the percentages of points to show which group/character was winning the most games. Now they're all hidden, which means you can't just jump on the bandwagon of the team in the lead to get free wins.

Doval

Smash Lord
Can Dedede's Gordos still get stuck on him? They didn't mention the word "bugs" or "glitches" in the patch notes but who the hell knows, this is incredibly lazy and unacceptable for a game like this.
If it is in fact just the Campaign change, saying what the change was would incentivize people to stay on 1.0.2 and make the exploit known to everyone.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Stuff I've seen people post about on other boards that I bet is probably just placebo effect (If you have both vesions might as well try and test) :
"as a little mac player, all i noticed (and it might be a false positive) was that my smashes seemed to charge a bit longer."
"Megaman's fsmash DEFINITELY travels longer, people who actively play him woll notice a ****huge difference."
-> "it seems to be a bit faster too from what i can tell in training"
"All I've really noticed is that as a Sheik main, her fair got buffed. Literally no landing lag now, I can shorthop, fair, ftilt, ftilt, ftilt instantly now"
"Marth's ranges are slightly longer"
"Shulk's FAir got a range increase, shorter landing lag"

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Shulk FSmash appears to link better. Further testing with a 1.02 copy can hopefully happen tonight.

"Shulk's FAir got a range increase, shorter landing lag"
This has been debunked.

Legend Vermillion

Spanish Brawl Competitive Player
From 4chan:

>Yoshi no longer has armor on his aerials
>Wario's weird vectoring is still present
>Mega Buster (FSmash) now travels farther (Almost half the stage)
>"The Conquest Chart will no longer be displayed when Conquest Mode is active."
>ZSS Apparently nerfed, DSpecial and UpSpecial don't KO at 90%
>Ness' DAir Meteors are easier to hit
>Falcon DThrow easier to connect, knee also easier to connect
>Possible upgrade in internet servers
>Yoshi Ledge glitch unfixed
>Ganon DTilt has a different trajectory. (From straight up to up and away)
>They fixed ALL of Meta Knights hitbox problems
>Sheik has little to no landing lag on her FAir
>Shulk's FAir got a range increase, shorter landing lag
>Robin's Arcfire lasts longer (probably a frame or two, never used her much)
>DK's smashes come out faster (small amount)
>Marth's ranges are slightly longer

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Pretty sure that almost all of the claimed changes were debunked. Again, the Shulk Fair change is false.

MK Dtilt and Fair range seem to increased though. Thanks @Croi for that information (and blame him if it's wrong).

EDIT: From my completely eyeballed play last night, Ness Dair also did not feel any different.

Last edited:

Qikz

Smash Cadet
I had 1.0.2, so there's no reason for my patch to be higher than other peoples.
Could it have something to do with languages? Or are other PAL people saying they've got a smaller size?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Is it me, or is Mega Man's short hop shorter and jump frames quicker?

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Like I am going to trust 4chan.

My filesize was about 750 too. PAL.

Pretty much anything I have seen posted here appears to be placebo and this lack of patch notes is awful.

JoeInky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JoeInky
3DS FC
4596-9442-7695
Metaknight Dair has the exact same range in 1.02 and 1.03 based on my testing, bit harder to test the Fair but that seems the same as well.

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
As for the patch being different sizes, isn't the audio files (the ones about 8 player smash n' stuff) only in the NA version? Maybe other places are getting that stuff added in this update to get them ready for the wii u.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Came here to wonder, as there are reports between here and the reddit that the ai had improved.
Ai improvements aren't straight forward to find in the dark though.
From the testing I did there didn't seem to be any new AI. When I'm playing actual matches if I see anything I'll report it back here.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Perhaps check for a correlation between patch size and quantity of saved replays? If it's positive, you could indirectly check for more specific changes based on what kind of replays you have saved.

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
From 4chan:

>Yoshi no longer has armor on his aerials
>Wario's weird vectoring is still present
>Mega Buster (FSmash) now travels farther (Almost half the stage)
>"The Conquest Chart will no longer be displayed when Conquest Mode is active."
>ZSS Apparently nerfed, DSpecial and UpSpecial don't KO at 90%
>Ness' DAir Meteors are easier to hit
>Falcon DThrow easier to connect, knee also easier to connect
>Possible upgrade in internet servers
>Yoshi Ledge glitch unfixed
>Ganon DTilt has a different trajectory. (From straight up to up and away)
>They fixed ALL of Meta Knights hitbox problems
>Sheik has little to no landing lag on her FAir
>Shulk's FAir got a range increase, shorter landing lag
>Robin's Arcfire lasts longer (probably a frame or two, never used her much)
>DK's smashes come out faster (small amount)
>Marth's ranges are slightly longer
ZSS's up-B was definitely not nerfed. I did some testing on it a couple weeks ago when testing how much difference equipment makes on fighters. A grounded up B killed another ZSS at 94 on FD then, and it is still killing at 94 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom