• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Commentators at EVO 2013

MVP

Smash Ace
Someone pleeeeeeeease get ahold of waffles, he's the only commentator that's essential. The hype he builds is insane​

FourStar

Smash Ace
I feel like Wobbles is a beast announcer because he announces like a sports announcer and he has a vast knowledge for Melee

luzbwl

Smash Cadet
Scar and Toph were amaing at ncr. I didn't watch any melee since Apex but this guys did amazing, I even think I it was more hype than apex top 8.

Landry

Smash Ace
I still think people don't give Lovage enough props as a commentator.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
I've been Lovage fanboying forever, he's the perfect combination of informative commentary and genuine excitement, as well as a lot of personal knowledge of players

FourStar

Smash Ace
I've been Lovage fanboying forever, he's the perfect combination of informative commentary and genuine excitement, as well as a lot of personal knowledge of players
I just wish lovage would crack into a GF in a national sometime soon

HugS™

Smash Lord
I actually like to listen to Dogy's commentary a lot and if he's still up for it, then I'm all for him. I basically love every commentator listed except for HugS. He was ****-riding Mango pretty hard during KoC1.
LOL I guess people weren't aware that he's not just one of my best friends, but that I am a legitimate fan of his abilities, and not as a fanboy, but as a person who's managed some success with this game. Thus, not really d*** riding, but rather, a show of respect. I was a bit biased though, no question.

Also, I just showed up 1 hour before the tournament finished, and was asked to commentate on a whim.
I know damn well that I'd be a great commentator if I knew there was more than just my own fun on the line.

FourStar

Smash Ace
you know i think we should get keitaro from brawl commentaries. he's ****ing hilarious and knows a lot about even melee

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
If Pierce knew more and Diem cared, I'd say them along with the rest of the crowd

Wobbles/Prog otherwise

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL I guess people weren't aware that he's not just one of my best friends, but that I am a legitimate fan of his abilities, and not as a fanboy, but as a person who's managed some success with this game. Thus, not really d*** riding, but rather, a show of respect. I was a bit biased though, no question.

Also, I just showed up 1 hour before the tournament finished, and was asked to commentate on a whim.
I know damn well that I'd be a great commentator if I knew there was more than just my own fun on the line.
you should go to another cali tourney to commentate before evo ;p

also keitaro is terrible at commentary >:[ no

FourStar

Smash Ace
you should go to another cali tourney to commentate before evo ;p

also keitaro is terrible at commentary >:[ no
keitaro is amazing what the hell? i really think he is great because he's entertaining to listen to and knows brawl and melee very well

clowsui

Smash Legend
rich whenever u read this (i know u namesearch) you need to like...not get so hype easy + don't spread misinformation lol

luzbwl

Smash Cadet
After watching zenith today I am convinced that scar must be on comentary for melee top 8. His exitement is so contagious, I'm not saying prog and d1 didn't get exited during comentary but they are more calm when showing it while scars is more expresive. At least that's my opinion on who gets mre more hype watching melee and I can't imagine how much more hyped will scar be at evo, that man is gonna have a heart attack, lol.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I also really enjoyed Alukard's commentary on the VGB stream

D1

Banned via Administration
I really enjoyed having Scar on the mic as well. I will say the reason I was more subdued was b/c ppl told me at Apex I was way too loud so I tried to find a good balance. I can turn it up if people really want the hype. Prog it was a pleasure and hopefully we get to share the commentary booth at some point during Evo.

clowsui

Smash Legend
BTW, we have two "outside" commentators that are ready to help out: Juicebox and Dacidbro. Both are fantastic commentators that love the game and have a solid grasp on the basics; hopefully they can help us "branch out"!

strawhats

Smash Master
I really enjoyed having Scar on the mic as well. I will say the reason I was more subdued was b/c ppl told me at Apex I was way too loud so I tried to find a good balance. I can turn it up if people really want the hype. Prog it was a pleasure and hopefully we get to share the commentary booth at some point during Evo.
hey D1, were you in Co-Op City by any chance yesterday, during the heavy downpour of rain. I think I may have saw you lol.

FourStar

Smash Ace
well what about toph from when he announced with Scar at NCR. that duo with the gasps lol. so epic

D1

Banned via Administration
LMAO! Strawhat I definitely live in Morris Park in the Bx. I work near Co-Op city at Aldi's Supermarket. The pay and benefits are pretty godly :D. You should train with us sometime. I always house the top cream of the crop NYC players at my fests! I'm trying to take advantage of 'em coming over now by playing 'em more and of course asking for tips when I feel like I hit a plateau.

FourStar

Smash Ace
dude i'd like to see pee pee and hbox on the mic at the same time! that would be so awesome :D

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Toph is GREAT. "IT'S LIKE 4 PEOPLE FROLICKING ABOUT"
And Scar + Lovage combo was pretty energetic.

They create hype without the language.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Waffles+Prog should definitely be the commentators, if not, at least for top 8

waffles was there when armada first came to Genesis, so he should be there when armada's in top 8 at Evo

Top Bottom