• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Come To Papa IV: Turning Point - July 20th, 2013 - Orlando, FL

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Oh if anyone still has a copy of Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, please bring it. I will gladly battle you. I really want someone to play against with my Pokemon teams.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
is there a facebook page for this?

and about the mk ban thing.... who really feels that strongly about maintaining that?

like, i really wana come, and can prolly drive my own car and all

but the main issue is my partner (master raven) doesn't feel confident in going if he can't use mk, since he doesnt practice any secondaries

at which point if he doesnt go, i will definiately not drive me own car of people up

so i just wanted to get everyones input

mk ban that important?

can we do a gentleman's rule for those coming here looking to get last minute SKTAR practice? (keep in mind Master Raven is going to sktar, and it's going to be his first OOS exp, and we will be teaming at SKTAR so we appreciate all the teams exp we can get before going)

i also really wana come up cuz the 21st is my 24th bday, and i'd also be bringing MVD and his TWENTY FIRST bday is a week after

so we could all have a really great time partying and such after the tourney if i bring my car up

atm my car would look like

Me
raven
MVD
Vash (new player)
Riddle

and other potential drivers could be

8bit
Esam
Souss

So just lmk what you all think, both me and master raven will appreciate ANY consideration you guys can give to us

8Bitman

Smash Master
I really wanna go to this, im willing to drive but only if I get a full car.

As for MK ban, idc, my only opinion toward it is do what would bring more attendants.

Master Raven

Smash Master
And to be fair there aren't many nationals that ban MK these days. You're still free to outright ban MK in subsequent tournies (and I'll still even attend them as I plan to start working on a secondary after SKTAR) but I'd really appreciate if you made an exception for this one for the reasons Seibrik listed above. My other characters are **** I don't want to get randomly gayed in bracket just because someone wouldn't allow me to go MK, even while at the same time I can trust pretty much all good SFL players who are going to let me play him.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Gentleman's rule is fine with me. I don't support pocket mks. Mk mains are fine. You can't counter pick Mk.

Also as for venue, I'm moving into a bigger apartment in a few days. I'm trying to get a ucf ballroom (which eiklemann said he was doing months ago) and if that doesn't work my new place will be pretty unfurnished and prepared for everyone. It is still happening

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Sooo

in other words

Me/Halberd/Raven are okay to use mk as long as we start the set with him correct mink?

i'm trying to figure out what ur exact ruling is so we know what to do

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
you think i wont tho

Not like it matters. I have equally little experience with Falco against good people :|
Also Falco sucks.

why was it moved to the 20th........
it's been that way since like a year

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
gentlemans rule=iexactly that lol. If other player says it's all good then it's all good..

and any "issues" can be resolved during the tourney.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
kuro watchya mean?

we're just tryin to figure out if Raven wants to go or not, the group concensus on this whole thing will play a big role in that

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Can you clarify? I will go all mk on certain people so I consider him just as useful as my main.

you should just make it mk ban or mk legal. Rewarding those to be all mk and penalizing those who have legitimate 3-7 mus seems counter productive.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Gentleman's rule is fine with me. I don't support pocket mks. Mk mains are fine. You can't counter pick Mk.

Also as for venue, I'm moving into a bigger apartment in a few days. I'm trying to get a ucf ballroom (which eiklemann said he was doing months ago) and if that doesn't work my new place will be pretty unfurnished and prepared for everyone. It is still happening
Completely slipped my mind to give you an update on this. Ballroom isn't looking doable, but I can try and convince the gaming club again and see how it works.

Sorry for any delay.

Also, I should be at this. :bee:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Dewdadash don't tell me how to live my life.

MK's not legal.

But people can gentleman's rule it.

For example:

Drew "I'm going to use MK"
Me: "Lol, go **** yourself"

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Double post, updated the location at the top.
It's going to be at my completely unfurnished apartment. We will have plenty of room.

The thing is, i need setups guys! So bring them.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I can stay as late as about 10 pm, because I have to drive home before 11 (as that's the law). But I'll bring my Wii anyways, we can use it for a while.

I will ask one thing though. If you're using my Wii, please don't put profane names on it. It will be hard to explain to my parents.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i'm gona hunt your wii down and fill it with ****

but seriously, just check the wii before leaving and delete w.e. you need to just to be safe

yos

Smash Cadet
I can stay as late as about 10 pm, because I have to drive home before 11 (as that's the law). But I'll bring my Wii anyways, we can use it for a while.

I will ask one thing though. If you're using my Wii, please don't put profane names on it. It will be hard to explain to my parents.

LOLOLOL dis post is too godlike doe , also can some1 explain to me wut "gentleman ruleset" is is it like , if i want to go mk i have to go mk da whole set? or juss use him game1?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Gentleman's Rule:
MK is banned, but if both players agree to it MK can be used during the set.
Example: Seibrik plays (insert player name here) and Seibrik asks to use MK. (insert player name here) allows it, so Seibrik can use MK in the set. The TO should be informed of the decision so that (insert player name here) doesn't complain if/when he loses to Seibrik's MK.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yo. ****ing made gentlaman's rule like...

so a dummy can understand i like it.

Thats the legit rule i'm going with.

Updating times for events. If you're not there, or are on your way and don't inform me of being late, you will not be added to an event... or you will be put in the ****ty spot that's open.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
No one wanna team :(?????

AND ZOMFG so excited for Smash U/3ds. I can't shut up about it. People are going to want to fight me cause I won't shut up about Smash U/3ds.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLP ME! HALLLP!!!!!! :(.

Nemy

群れ
Oh sweet I thought this might not be happening anymore. Hopefully my peach doesnt get bopped. And Lakeland lets try not to be so free. xD

8Bitman

Smash Master
No one wanna team :(?????

AND ZOMFG so excited for Smash U/3ds. I can't shut up about it. People are going to want to fight me cause I won't shut up about Smash U/3ds.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLP ME! HALLLP!!!!!! :(.
I'll team if you go IC.

Top Bottom