• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Don't worry. This happened before. It's only gonna be for this week unless someone beats us to Wednesday next week.

I'm about to leave so I'll hopefully see you guys when I get there. Carls out.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
GGs to Carls and SP. Oh, SP you should come earlier more often! And, uh, shoutouts to anyone who will end up going to Donato's because they didn't know that smashfest won't be taking place tomorrow.

SoulPech

Smash Master
GGs to Carls and SP. Oh, SP you should come earlier more often! And, uh, shoutouts to anyone who will end up going to Donato's because they didn't know that smashfest won't be taking place tomorrow.
I got lucky since work had too many come in yesterday so I asked to leave early and they were ok with it. It's a rare occasion, lol.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I suppose... Well, playing you is kind of different from playing others. I don't know if it is your choice of characters or play style, but still, a good experience for me.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I don't know, I mean I am read like a book! I guess it is more of inexperience factor because I often do not have any answers to what you do in game. lol

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I suppose that does not go further than what you and Carls already said. But as I said, this is a good experience which will help me improve a lot more eventually.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Remember: Sometimes it's not about thinking but doing. There's a difference between playing a character, and playing a player.

All of that can apply to many other fighters.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yeah, I hope that I will learn both as the time goes on. I am assuming it's going to take a while given the current situation but I will stick around.
Oh and I forgot to say thanks for that advice.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yep, I had a feeling that you were going to be there. We had to do it on Tuesday because somebody took the spot today.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'm sorry that happened, QD. It sucks driving from Akron to here only to not find any other players

If you have a Facebook, you can join a group there called "Columbus Fighting Games" there to keep in touch on when we can have a Smashfest at Donatos.

If you don't have one and don't plan to have one, you should make sure to keep checking up on this thread everyday. I think this is only the 2nd time we had to move Donatos from Wednesday to Tuesday for the week,.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I just added you as a friend right now, but I'm not sure if I was able to invite you into the group.

I think you have to wait for a mod or admin of that group to invite you into it after you send a request to it. That's what I did.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Just a heads up.

Normal smashfest will happen at Donatos this wednesday, but there will not be a smashfest this Weekend since I'm attending a tournament.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, tomorrow will be the last smashfest of the semester for me. Next week, I won't have a time for it at all. Have to write them papers and study for exams :( Why can't they just let us go without these kind of things!

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, good ones even though I made some decisions that are really questionable during that doubles. I will try to finish some stuffs before next Wednesday (those papers!), if not, hope to see you all next semester I guess. I

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'm home now, too. Both Pech & Alfred didn't show up, but QD & his girlfriend Meridith were kind enough to bring me back home themselves. I appreciate that & I thank them again for that.

Looks like we had another great night with strong attendance, especially with this Poverty tourney thing going on. GGs to everyone I've faced.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Fun smashfest! ggs to everyone

also... I left my two controllers behind - did Suyon or Juu or Fizzle happen to pick them up?

Top Bottom