• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
NEW NEWS REGARDING THE DONATOS SCHEDULE!

Starting on June, the first week of every month will have Donatos fight nights on Tuesday. Every week beyond the first one of each month will continue to have fight nights on Wednesdays.

This is said to last until Fall draws near.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Whenever the school starts again. Also, about that notification thing, it sometimes does that... I don't know why. It could be like few hours old and it notifies me as if the person just posted lol or not notify atmall. Especially this thread...

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Okay...

I got some important good news and bad news, and because of how this is going to flow, I have to start with the good news.

---

The good news is that I'm going to start working at a thrift store later. I got back home from it today because I had an interview there, and now I have to show up again next Monday & Tuesday to try out the job. If all goes well & the paperwork is finished quick enough, I'll officially become an employee there either on the following Wednesday or the week after.

This will be a full-time job, and I've only done part-time jobs before.

---

NOW, here's the bad news...

I have very weird work days and hours for this job. When I start, I am to work from Tuesday to Saturday every week from 8:00AM to 4:00PM.

Because of this, I will not be able to attend OoS tourneys anymore, and likely most instate tourneys, too. I'll at least still have enough ample time to attend Donatos Smashfests on Wednesdays & certain Tuesdays, and if there are any tourneys that take place there, I can still show up to them even if the sign-ups are closed.

I really don't wanna retire from offline competitive Smash yet, but I might end up being within that range once this job officially kicks off. :(

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Ooooh, well, at least we will keep getting you at smashfest it seems like.@SoulPech, Well, what can I say? School's authority has spoken :/

SoulPech

Smash Master
lol Carls, you're not gonna retire No one does. for real. All you need to do is to work there for a little bit to get some money, then keep job searching on the side for somethign better.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'm only starting on this, so I'm not really savvy about being able to change my hours. That's the only schedule they gave me so far.

I've been told by my job mentor that I get $8 per hour, but I haven't discussed that with my thrift store manager yet. I just have see what's going to happen next week for myself.

I didn't mean to say "retire". I was in the moment with that. :|

I still have some Brawl & P:M work to do; improving the Fox rep in Brawl and being one of the best P:M Warios in the Midwest. I just need to figure out how I'm gonna manage those things with this job, because I'm sure I'm gonna fall out of the Ohio PR if I don't.

So for now, I'm sticking with this job, because I've never quit nor gotten fired from a job before unless it was because I finished it for the season.

With that said, I still might look out for other options.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Just so y'all know I got some pretty awesome training in this weekend. Next time I come down to Columbus will be fun! (next week)

SoulPech

Smash Master
Konrad,

Are you talking about this coming weekend of next weekend?

This weekend, I'm visiting my family and next weekend is Michigan Masters.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Ok so reguarding smashfest this weekend, seeing as SoulPech is gonna be gone this weekend in Pickerington ( East of 270, next to Reynoldsburg), I am probably gonna host it on Monday (Memorial Day) if anyone is interested, if so hmu so I can make this happen, also bring 5$ to pool for food. its gonna be around 2 till 10ish seeing as some of us derps screwballs awesome people have to go to work tuesday

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I might come down for this, actually. Assuming I don't work third shift next week.

So is it going to be at the Donatos still, or somewhere different? (Your post wording confused me slightly)

SoulPech

Smash Master
I might come down for this, actually. Assuming I don't work third shift next week.

So is it going to be at the Donatos still, or somewhere different? (Your post wording confused me slightly)

His wording is a little confusing, but in short He's planning on hosting a smashfest at his place. At 10 am? WOW All day smashfest!

This is going to be @ Alfa's place: 11510 Chanticleer Dr. Pickerington.

Fun Fact Shadow: When I drive up to visit my family, I drive past Lima to get there :3

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'm gonna need a carpool for that if I'm going. I'll make a decision later.

What kind of food will be at this? Is it gonna be a party or cookout if we pitch in with cash?

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Sorry my wording might be off, I didn't proofread it before I posted, the smashfest will be at my place (11510 Chanticleer Tr Pickerington OH 43147) and yes Carls we will get some food, im thinking like one of those sub sandwiches from Kroger and some chips and soda (a few bucks from everyone should be more than plenty). But those details we can hammer out when we get together. If weather permits we might even grill some hot dogs and burgers (that thought just came to me as I'm sitting here typing lol).

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Alright, that's on the far side of Columbus for me so that adds about half an hour but w/e lol. I'll bring a full setup if you'd like.

Where do you live Carls? Could pick you up.

Also is this from 2-10 or 10AM-10PM? Either way I probably won't get there until 2 at the latest (2 hour drive and all.)

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
1460 Berkeley Rd. Columbus, OH 43206

My house should be on the way to his. I can bring a Wii with a convertible Brawl/P:M setup.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
I plan on 2-10ish but if you want to come a litter earlier I don't mind, just let me know I'll have smashboards open all day. Also She, yes plz bring setups.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
1460 Berkeley Rd. Columbus, OH 43206

My house should be on the way to his. I can bring a Wii with a convertible Brawl/P:M setup.
Alright can do. I'll be leaving around noon so I expect I'll get there between 2 and 2:30. If you want you can PM me your cell # so I can text you in case I get lost lol (I have a GPS so shouldn't be a problem).

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Past, I'll give you my # so you can let me know when you head off to pick me up and when you arrive at my house.

Just in case, I'll let the others give you my # if you don't see it from me, yet.

Top Bottom