• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Your Doc is pretty awesome btw.... but you I know your Marth can really own my Samus.. Sinister did some pretty nasty things to my Samus in the MU, and I'll be sure to show them to you next time we play. You may already know all this stuff, but it'll be fun to play anyways... like for instance, tipper dtilts out range her ftilt... I have to work pretty hard to effectively play footsies.
I appreciate the compliment on my Doc but I don't really see my Marth owning your Samus =/
You're vs Marth game is a lot better than my vs Samus game for sure.

Anyways this Pathways will be the best yet with all the good players coming. It looks like Arkansas is staying the night at the church friday night. So you guys might also consider driving up Friday night and sleeping at the church on one of the many couches.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I play Marth. And I dislike teams.

My teammate probably hates being my teammate, too.

Hey, is it tournament legal for one person to control two characters at once in teams? Or, even better, is it legal for teammates to switch controllers mid-match? If not, that's totally lame.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Well, if I end up teaming with a very good player, then I could try to run away the entire match, and then when he dies he could take over my remaining stocks.

And for the first one, if I happened to be superhuman and could control two characters at once, I wouldn't want a teammate bringing me down. =P Or someone was just good enough to go 1v2 in the first place.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
I appreciate the compliment on my Doc but I don't really see my Marth owning your Samus =/
You're vs Marth game is a lot better than my vs Samus game for sure.

Anyways this Pathways will be the best yet with all the good players coming. It looks like Arkansas is staying the night at the church friday night. So you guys might also consider driving up Friday night and sleeping at the church on one of the many couches.
We're just gonna have to play more then, :bee: ...Also that would be a decent idea but unless it works with Sinister's work schedule I don't know if we can pull it off.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Hey Ziv... the samus boards said that I should use dash attack and grab to help out in the Marth MU. As a Marth main, how do you feel about this?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Wow you guys all look a lot better in those videos than when we last played (including Bert)

InsertTag

Smash Rookie
So for Pathways I'm probably going to head to Jared's friday night, go with you guys saturday, and leave sunday morning. That cool?

ks0ccergk

Smash Cadet
So is there going to be anyone in Columbia that wants to smash sometime this weekend?

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
young akuma and i play pretty much everyday. soooooooooNOOOOOO!!!!!1:113:
What he meant by "soooooooooNOOOOOO!!!!!1:113:" was actually soooooooooYESSSSSS!!!!!:051:

Also my friend's boss's roommate was roommates with *the* Ken (as I am told) and is looking for people to play here in Columbia... Sinister and I will take it upon ourselves to get in contact with him and see how good he is :laugh:

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
When did he live with Ken? Because Ken lived with his parents in Westminister until at least 2009. I went to several of their bi-weeklies back in the day.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
When did he live with Ken? Because Ken lived with his parents in Westminister until at least 2009. I went to several of their bi-weeklies back in the day.
I have absolutely no idea, I'm not even sure about the legitness of his claims... but I am trying to get in touch with the guy so I can sort things out.. even if he was just bluffing to help get attention, we'll play him and see if he's any good.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
nah he still lives in Orange County, my sources tell me that he was actually going to go to Genesis 2 but had a conflict.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I finally figured out the story... but I still don't know if it is true or not... I'll explain it all out here so it makes sense (hopefully lol)

Friend told me his boss has a roommate who plays smash. This roommate is someone who used to team with ken and play regularly. The other claims by myself of him being ken's roommate were untrue and caused by a mix-up in what was said.

This person does have my number, but apparently is pretty socially introverted... So my next mission is to get his number through the grapevine.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
The only other person that teamed with Ken regularly besides Isai is Arash. Or at least that's all I can think of at the moment. And Ken only teamed with Arash at his bi weeklies or tournaments where Isai wasn't gonna be there. Or that one time he teamed with BombSoldier at OC3.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
It could be a random guy overplaying the fact that he teamed with ken once in friendlies at that one tournament somewhere....

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Bert: any news on a seat to Brainshock Beta? & is there any way you might have another seat available for Jace or someone else? if not that's ok

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I asked u for your number that night we were all on Skype but u never sent it my way so I was just like whatever lol. Send me your number as a PM

:phone:

InsertTag

Smash Rookie
So, for Pathways this weekend, I'll be coming down to Como friday, I'm assuming we're all gonna ride together down to Springfield saturday?

>Bert<

Smash Ace
So, for Pathways this weekend, I'll be coming down to Como friday, I'm assuming we're all gonna ride together down to Springfield saturday?
I'd say it is a good thing I'm not riding with the CoMO peeps anymore then. You guys will have more room. I'm just driving straight down to Springfield from Washington. I'll be bringing Karl, Trey, and possibly Dan. Wouldn't mind bringing Atma, but he hasn't given me a yes or no yet. We will see.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
I'd say it is a good thing I'm not riding with the CoMO peeps anymore then. You guys will have more room. I'm just driving straight down to Springfield from Washington. I'll be bringing Karl, Trey, and possibly Dan. Wouldn't mind bringing Atma, but he hasn't given me a yes or no yet. We will see.
I still got that slinky though..... ;)

Top Bottom