• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado's Uber-hawt Ranking Thread

Imposter Professor Ken

Smash Apprentice
Nobody wants that, DFG, seriously. Ken's won countless tournaments, but he's never skipped part of the tournament because he did well at another, or a qualifier. That takes the stamina testing out of the tournament. Just have a tournament for cash, and forget the qualifier stuff.

LoVo, I talked to Chap, Nite, etc. Do you agree, disagree, what?

lol i have ?

oh and i dont see how this is going to get colorado to be more competitive

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
no ken, it won't.
what would make it more competetive: people who are motivated, biweekly smashfest at least, and simple 5 dollar tournaments every month.

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
CCCT Qualifier Aftermath

Perhaps this thread should be revived. Here's my vote on some of the top rankings judging by what I saw at the tournament this past weekend.

1. SDSG
2. MeleeMarth
3. El_Lovo
4. SpiritDragon
5. InterimOfZeal

Perhaps a rankings tournament is in order. We haven't had one of those in a while, and it'd be nice to have a tournament where everyone got to play everyone, to both increase the fun of the tourney and our knowledge of the current rankings.

El_RaFa

Smash Rookie
1. Ferdi - he sandbagged like a mofo
Ferdi always ****en wins, anytime he wants to cuz he can.
2. SDSG
Owns just about everyone, and though some people can get real close to beating him, Nite, he still does better againts others.
3. LoVo - cuz he's always 3rd
I mean, cmon right?
4. Erg/Nite
From what I've seen, erg beats Nite, but Nite can beat other, better people such as SDSG and me. Both Erg and Nite, though, beat everyone below this list.
6. Tony/Yang
I don't know who wins in this matchup. Tony is alright, we're all alright, but he is a peach player and a sore loser (+ a ***** winner) who should stop talking behind people's back(passive aggressive, Nice eh?) Yang you're cheap... Yang you're cheap.

Victor- he hasn't played in years man, shouldn't even be on the list.

This list is based off of who's good, not on who won the tournament where the free team tournament was taken more seriously than singles.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I don't talk **** behind people's backs, wtf? Also, Erg being rated above me is, to quote Kenny, ridiculous. Nite, possibly, since he can beat SDSG from time to time, but even then, he hasn't beaten me in tournament in a very long time. Still, Nite too good.

My 2 cents on rankings:

1. MM
2. SDSG
3. El LoVo/SpiritDragon/BlueMycon

Below that doesn't matter. Only reason I've ranked Victor at #1 is because of all the hype around him. SDSG gets second because he has teh mindgames and a character that not everyone knows how to fight. LoVo and SpiritDragon get tied with BM for 3rd because they both ~may~ have been sandbagging (Chap, toldja it was Colorado's favourite john), and BM did well despite having a 4 month hiatus.

El_RaFa

Smash Rookie
I'm just gonna see how things go at the tournament I'm hosting.
Don't come if you're going to sandbag, we need a serious tournament.

Actually , it will be called
Serious Tournament Is Serious.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
I thought i told u guys i quit? Im serious, atleast leave me out of the scene. Sorry but its true, im done with ssbm. I havent played since the tournament at my school(which i got 10$ for winning X_X). Well seriously, why couldnt i be first when i actually played? W/e just drop me plz cuz its been like 6 months. Peace

Kenny pm me your address

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Think this needs a massive bump.

Current thoughts(And **** was it hard to think through):

1. SNSG
2. LoVo
3. Ferdi/Kenny/Erg
4. Tony/Ken/Yang
5. Nite/Chap
6. Everyone else ever

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Though I only think the top 4 should be posted, I'll post a revised version of Ferdi's list, for posterity.

1. SNSG
2. LoVo
3. Ferdi/Kenny
5. Tony
6. Nite
7. Erg
8. Ken/Yang
10. Buz

(chap quit, amirite? Does anyone else in CO even play?)

I'm sorry to come off as cocky, but grouping me with Erg is laughable, at best. Putting him above me? Hilarious. Tying me with Ken and Yang is just as funny, seeing as I can light them both up and smoke them, if need arises. I think it's funny how I'm rated so low despite consistently placing higher than most at tourneys, the exception being Colorado's Elite 4, haha. They're the only ones to knock me out of tournament completely as of this year, no?

As far as big tournaments go that CO has had or been to (big being more than just us, haha)

C3T prelims: 2nd place (john about sandbagging, I don't care, only person I cared about fighting was Jeris, and he beat me both times)

C3T: 4th place (and **** the drama, for the record)- Eliminated by LoVo.

NM whatever tournament: 2nd place (lowest I would have received was 3rd, assuming I lost to both Ferdi and LoVo if we played serious)- Eliminated by Ferdipants.

I don't lose to Ken or Yang in tournament (though it's been FOREVER since I played Yang in tournament, and a slight bit since Ken), and can beat them both with a large portion of my secondaries (Yang, if you feel like contesting this, lemme know... Ken too, I guess).

Erg hasn't beaten me in tournament since.... A **** long time (ever? I think he did once), and I've 2-0'ed him the last two times I've played him in tournament.

While I did 2-0 Kenny in tournament at C3T, and beat him at the prelims (did the same to LoVo, but he was being stupid and not using his main), since he tends to perform better against LoVo and Ferdi (haven't played Ferdi in tournament seriously since... Bi-weeklies?), I'll put him above me, and even tie him with Ferdi, since Ferdi did. Honestly, the top 4 don't have any problems with anyone below me, and, though none of us know for sure, some of them may even be able to manhandle me (SDSG being the one I'm certain can, Luigi is fuxxing gay, LoVo may be able to **** me, but I harbour fantasies of being able to take at least one match from him in a set, and I really don't even know about teh Ferdipants), with the exception being Jeris when playing against a confident nature'd Nite, with EV's in nair to knee combos.

So I pose the question: why the hell am I ranked so low? Seriously, I hate sounding cocky, but it's getting to be more than a little annoying, given that the lowest I've EVER placed in a CO tournament was either 5th or 7th, and that was at SS last year. Every other time, I take at least 5th, and normally get 4th, just short of a cash prize.

What about Ken? Yang? Erg? When did they last make it to Grand Finals? What about Winner's? Loser's? How about semi-finals, at least? No offense to the three of them, they're all good (especially Erg, given his age and the like), but seriously, how well do any of them do in tournament?

Sorry if I'm a bit short with with post, but seriously, it's annoying.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
revision to tony's list

Erg being below you is fine, don't forget though that you aren't infinitely better than him, He doesn't make it as far in tournament because he gets taken out by the same people that take you out, only he meets them sooner..
At this last cutthroat I took out erg right before taking you out.

My point is that erg should be above nite, especially since I hear nite sucks now, and he did lose to ken in tournament.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, I kinda forgot about that. So, Erg, then I guess Ken, then Nite/Yang? Ken beat both of them in recent tournaments, and actually eliminated them, so I guess that sounds about right, no?

And yeah, sorry if I was a bit of an *** last night, I was tired as ****, and just sick of seeing the same **** **** over and over. Erg's ****ing good.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Its cause you always get your panties in a knot for rankings lol, anyways, thinking about what you said, this sounds fine to me now:

1. SNSG
2. LoVo
3. Ferdi/Kenny
5. Tony/Erg
7. Ken/Yang
9. Nite
10. Buz

I still stand at Erg being at what I put him at though in this ranking. And although I'm pretty sure you can beat him Tony(ICs, I go IC against him if I feel like it), he doesn't consistently beat the people above him unless we go Fox, in which case we'd get shined. Same thing goes to you though, aside from Kenny to an extent I think that the rest of us know how to play you(more specifically your ICs. And your Sheik to some extent). Plus he can beat everyone below him pretty easily, same goes to you, and since the circumstances are basically the same I stand by where he's ranked.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I 2-0'ed him with my Peach at prelims, and 2-0'ed him the time before with the same character. I haven't had to use ICs against him yet.

EDIT: Rafa, I'll call you once I'm done studying for the test, and we'll set something up. What's your number again?

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
yeah we did random in the last tourney. I'm pretty sure i'm better than ken but neither of us care too much about the rankings.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Thats bull why do you guys say you are above me when i havent even played you guys cept ken who knows that the last match should have been mine

Buuuuuuuut whatever ill give him this one so he can enjoy his moment in the sun so i wont really ask you guys to change the ranking But I will kick your guys ***** now BELIVE IT!!! XD

HOLY **** FERDI HAS 777 POST

AND IM GOING TO LOVOS RIGHT NOW!!!

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Where the hell am I? I know I'm better than Gwen, even with the whole Shiek counter thing.

I know I didn't get far in the tournament, but I was shutdown by my worst matchup twice...I was expecting Marths and Foxes...

I'm still in the scene!

i dont think that ferdi should be tied with kenny

i think ferdi is better and i dont think kenny can ever beat ferdi unless he sandbags

and tony rafa is right you shouldnt be that high in the rankings becouse it has been a long time where i have waited to play you in tournament but you never meet me.... and you know you should have not gotten that high at the Prelims becouse everyone was sandbagging welll everyone that is good at least ferdi lost to me and lovo ***** you at the actual CT and he was still sandbagging

and i think all first 10 spots should be posted

well thats just what i think

also we could have a round robin to actually rank everyone - no johnz

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Oh****! I forgot about the boulderians. XD

i dont think that ferdi should be tied with kenny

i think ferdi is better and i dont think kenny can ever beat ferdi unless he sandbags

and tony rafa is right you shouldnt be that high in the rankings becouse it has been a long time where i have waited to play you in tournament but you never meet me.... and you know you should have not gotten that high at the Prelims becouse everyone was sandbagging welll everyone that is good at least ferdi lost to me and lovo ***** you at the actual CT and he was still sandbagging

and i think all first 10 spots should be posted

well thats just what i think

also we could have a round robin to actually rank everyone - no johnz
I know it was awhile ago, but Kenny 2-0'ing Taj at OC2 STILL comes to mind. I think Kenny is hella underrated, mainly because he's not part of the minority circle. I don't know who's better between him and Ferdi, since they both sandbag like hell.

For LoVo ****** me at C3T, I could john all I want, but I'm not going to. He's above me for a reason.

Ken, if you're so **** confident about being better than me, then let's do a $20 money match. Seriously. Hell, I'll even bump it up to $50. I'm not even worried about you, especially since I can **** you without even trying. I'm more hesitant with Yang, who doesn't have one trick pony characters, but I'd probably $5-$10 MM him. Seriously, Ken, you're alright, but you play waaaaaaaaaaaay too **** slow to keep up with anyone. While I think you should be above Nite for now (a lucky 2-0 doesn't happen), I don't think you're that amazing, to be blunt. Maybe if you played more, or at least practiced your technicals, but you don't.

As for first 10, I don't think that it should be like that. People get comfortable and complacent when they're on the top whatever. I want top 4 because in order to get onto that you have to bust your *** (with a little leniency for slot 4, so that it's not just the *******s that take me out of tournament, haha) in order to be known. Seriously, Colorado is NOT that competitive. Yeah, we have our talents in the form of SDSG and LoVo, but no one else seems to really care about getting better, with the notable exception again being Kenny, since he's been holding smashfests to improve. Going OOS helps us a little bit, but after beating lesser states, people get arrogant and assume that they don't have to work.

That's why Colorado has peaked out, and (with the aforementioned trinity again being the exception) is no longer really growing at a notable rate. Talk it up all you want, but when compared to states that are actually GOOD, Colorado pales in comparison. Our top 10 don't matter, because, really, even the top 3-6 probably won't make it out of pools at OC3, and below that probably won't even make it out of the first pools, if they even manage to take a round from anyone. That's the grim truth. Colorado is better than ****ty states with underdeveloped smash scenes. Kansas, Illinois, New York, Texas, and Maryland could all **** us, and that's ignoring the superpowers of Arizona and California.

Yay! We can beat Utah! Yay! we can beat New Mexico! Yay! We beat the ****ty players from El Paso! Doesn't mean a thing. Until we start doing well against GOOD states, and GOOD players, we shouldn't even worry about anything below the top 4, because they aren't going to care about anyone below that, if they even care about our tops. Seriously, Ken, do you think Taj found it fun to play against you? Against Yang? Against Me? Erg? Ben? If he did, it was simply for love of the game, and not because we were a challenge. He ***** us all without even breaking a sweat, and he's become much better than he was then. He even 4 stocked LoVo in tournament, and SDSG didn't do so hot with that tournament, either.

Face it, Colorado isn't HORRIBLE, but we're not good. As such, we need something to push us. I think not seeing your name even listed on the rankings is incentive to try and get better. Maybe once everyone that could be considered for the top 10 is to the point where they wouldn't get 4 stocked by Forward consistently, we can worry about showing more people. Hell, I'd be happy if everyone that could be put at top 10 were able to actually combo, and maybe even think a little, not just camp, or hope that a random *** smash from whatever character you're playing as will hit.

Fact of the matter is that **** near everyone in Colorado is a scrub, myself included. Get over it, and get off your high horses. You want to be on the rankings? Play better.

WITH THAT RANT OVER: LoVo, Kenny, and Ferdi, I want to make a ranking panel, much like AZ has. Since SDSG doesn't frequent the boards, I need you guys to help me pick out one more person for it. PM me your nomination, plzkthnx.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Nice rant. I want to get better, and I seriously try every game I play, it's just that I don't get much playing time in, and especially not much tourney time. At CCCT I could actually start feeling myself think critically during battle, so I hope I will get better soon, I just need some experience. And a better character. So just forget about that whole better thing.

And how dare you insult my ability to combo!

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Nominate Lovo Since he is always everywhere that is smash related

And i ****en want round robin dammit!!!!!

I havent had a chance to show my improvement if any since i seem to have bad luck at tournaments But Not mores dammit

And sigh i mess up one match now everyone thinks im beloew ken and yang
We seriously need to have a round robin

I got it

We can do it at lovos have it written down till everyone plays everyone within 2 to 3 weeks

I can keep track of it since this is exactly what i did for my school

Sooooooo what do you guys say about that? (Please say yes T_T)

Ohh and one more thing

Tony you seem to be becoming the new victor. . . You changed man

Top Bottom