• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Graceful

Smash Rookie
I haven't got any good..NOTHING at all , no brawl time whatsoever.
Anyone want to lend me there wii? and maybe there brawl? lol.

<.<

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Best Snake Codecs: Falco, Luigi, and Sonic. Though I've yet to see Zelda, Samus, Peach, Lucas, Link, Toon Link, and Jiggs.

Also Olimar and ROB.

Ninja edit laughter at Ferdi!

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
Hey Igneous and Jynx, I'm free basically from now until Saturday evening. I'll need an address or something to get to your place Igneous. Can either one of you get in some smash before brawl comes out? Also I might have a friend tag along if that's okay; He's pretty good and needs some experience against players other than me.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Tony, where be matches from Zenjamin night? I wanna see my 3-stocks again!
hey, no fair.
you talken bout the ones where i first arrived and was trying to get used to the wii-mote?

once i got used to it, I remember you three-stocking everybody, except only two stocking me...

anyways, I would really like to see the DDD WOP and that one edguard comeback.... you know, the one that the vid cut out during the middle of it and only showed me getting spanked?

are you guys gonna have a smashfest tomorrow or saturday?

also, i havent claimed it yet, but im gonna be at the Superior gamestop.

also, i dont remember posting here since I last played you guys, but you guys are nasty good. changed my perception of the pace of the game.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I don't like Snake's voice. At all.

That said, I lulzed at Link. Samus was meh until the end. Luigi's was great.

LMFAO@Pit. You should know about that.

Wolf was great. Sonic was cruel. XD

Wario wins.

I still have a bunch more to see, though. D:

E T

Smash Rookie
I talked with two of the employees at gamestop and they said bring your gamecube controller it is possible that they are letting people use the cube controllers.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Ok, tomorrow is great for Brawl (Tony is going to come with Brawl). My address is 6373 S Jericho Way 80016. Show up around 3:45 PM or any time afterwards. Sorry no one can come earlier than that since I have school.

I will not provide food so either get it on the way here or go out to eat and then come back or whatever yeah sorry. I do have soda, though.

(720)935-8484 is my number, just call it if anything needs to be clarified.

Edit: Uh, random information (possible newcomers to my house)... I have a cat so if you are allergic, that sucks. That is all.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
After this weekend I'll try to get down on weekends for tourneys and smashfests if we hold them in Aurora. People should call me when stuff is going on (720) 984-7770 . That's it for me

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
(720)935-8484 is my number, just call it if anything needs to be clarified.

Edit: Uh, random information (possible newcomers to my house)... I have a cat so if you are allergic, that sucks. That is all.
was that directed at me and thus its cool if i come?

with some claritin, I should be fine for a couple of hours, and I really need some more pratice with the wii-mote, and some general experience with someone who plays a good DDD.... ill call you sometime tomorrow as i dont know how early you head to bed.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Oh so you ARE allergic (man I'm good). Well, hopefully you get over relatively early tomorrow because I don't know when Tony is leaving. Without him there will be no Brawl. And if Tony stays the night, I'll probably just STD.

Yeah... DeDeDe... Who's that guy?

The only characters I know are "Try me", "Show me your moves", "I fight for my friends", and last but not least, "YOU'RE NOT READY YET!"

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I hate Mikezor, so very very much.

The wii will be there all night, whether I hang out with anyone else or not. I really can't wait until we have multiple copies of Brawl. Colorado's going to get GOOD. Screw So-Cal and AZ, mmhmm.

Ferdi, burn in hell.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
hey, no fair.
you talken bout the ones where i first arrived and was trying to get used to the wii-mote?

once i got used to it, I remember you three-stocking everybody, except only two stocking me...

anyways, I would really like to see the DDD WOP and that one edguard comeback.... you know, the one that the vid cut out during the middle of it and only showed me getting spanked?
The randomly bolded/italicized/underlined part is the videos I meant. The wiimote counts for nothing, is a stupid controller.

Though I would like to see that DDD wall of hammers again, that was too sick for words.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
I like how durango measure their skills on how much stock the other person has XD
It reminds me of those good ol stories they would always talk about with the words 2 and 3 stock used a lot

Graceful

Smash Rookie
I geuss Im going to the Colorado Blvd Gamestop cause my friend is begging me too ==

so see you thare? anyone? <_<

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Items will be off.
the gamestops, or at least mine, now have the official rules.

items off.
battlefeild only.
wii-mote/nunchuck only (she actually said this was to keep the melee players from having an advantage)
and there will be prizes for the local level. she didnt tell me what, but she did use the plural form.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Ferdi, burn in hell.
Everyone watch the tripping video, Tony got mad cause I figured out tripping without having Brawl.

Also, a few kids on a few other forums I go to are saying that smash balls are basically a character's super and thus should not be banned. I need a suggestion on who to use that has a GODLY FS, I don't care who I have to play to prove it to them that smash balls are gay. I was already thinking Marth since I'm allright with Marth anyways, and his FS is pretty good. But, since you guys have more experience on those FSs, which one is absolutely devastating in 1v1 matches? I heard Sonic's is pretty good.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Sonic. Period. End of discussion. Let them hit the ball once, then run up and fair it, and press b as soon as you get it. ****. Repeat. Notice how every time I played Sonic with smash balls on, I won? Yeah. That's why.

Alternatively, Zelda. Same basic tactic as Sonic, just with Din's fire. Sometimes, you don't even need to wait for them to hit it once. It's that good. Just don't press b as soon as possible, wait until you have them lined up on the x axis that you're facing, then press b. They're dead, period.

Lucas on small stages is good, as is olimar's. To further drive the point home, have them play Mario, and mock them when they can't kill, even after hitting you with it at obscenely high percents.

Seriously though, Sonic is the only one you'll ever need.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
His fair is that spinning attack right? Also, to finally clear things up, is DDD's chaingrab escapable? Thus making it not a chaingrab? I keep hearing people tell me you can DI out of it, is that only after a certain percent? Like 50 or something, or from the beginning? Since DDD can just CG starting from 0 right?

Graceful

Smash Rookie
Everyone watch the tripping video, Tony got mad cause I figured out tripping without having Brawl.

Also, a few kids on a few other forums I go to are saying that smash balls are basically a character's super and thus should not be banned. I need a suggestion on who to use that has a GODLY FS, I don't care who I have to play to prove it to them that smash balls are gay. I was already thinking Marth since I'm allright with Marth anyways, and his FS is pretty good. But, since you guys have more experience on those FSs, which one is absolutely devastating in 1v1 matches? I heard Sonic's is pretty good.
I was thinking about using marth too or maybe pika/samus?

Help Please, I had no exp with anyone yet so.. Im just going on what I could play as close to smash... if you know what I mean ><

How do you ledge hog? And
No Gcontroller?
How do you play with Nunchuck! omgggg ==

**** it. Im still going to bring my controller just incase. Good luck to everyone :D <3

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Also, to finally clear things up, is DDD's chaingrab escapable? Thus making it not a chaingrab? I keep hearing people tell me you can DI out of it, is that only after a certain percent? Like 50 or something, or from the beginning? Since DDD can just CG starting from 0 right?
You cannot DI his down throw. If he can chain grab you, it works at any percent. Depending on your character there is no way to get out.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
man i lost -_- oh well i'll be getting brawl tommorow morning at a blockbuster thats like 1 min away to drive. Good luck to the rest of ya

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
god, im soooooo sorry everybody.

seriously, the person at my gamestop said there would be no items...

nobody is more pissed off then me, I get time frozen on me, a bomb above my head, and the landmaster all in the same match...
the math after i lost... the fox that beat me... killed himself three times.

also, i met the marinator.
he suuuuuked!

Top Bottom