• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
I <3 you too, Rafa.

The Fall Fighter Frenzy isn't until November. I'm sure you guys can organize a carpool and a crew by that time. I didn't just beat him once with one character. I beat him every time except for maybe once or twice, and normally by the margin of 2-3 stock.

And this isn't Street Fighter, or GG, or anything else. If you won, it's because you played better. That's why items are turned off, so scrubs don't get lucky and beat pros. Smash isn't a game of "oh he got lucky that round". It's a game of "they played better than me that round". Ken doesn't lose to scrubs, Chu doesn't, hell... no pros lose to people that just picked up a character. It's not a game where button mashing works.

Now, once again, I wasn't stating that I was greater than Textbook at this game, or even seriously stating that NorCO>>>SoCO. However, if you're so adamant about pushing the issue and trying to prove whatever inane point you have, fine. I'll simply state that we're better, and if I were to drive 5+ hours to go play SSBM, I'd either go to Kansas, AZ, or UT, where there are either a bunch/few great smashers, or people that I just get along with. I'm not going to waste my time and money on a bunch of cocky scrubs. Happy? I just bashed Southern Colorado, and actually claimed that you guys suck. What are we going to do about it? Argue some more about things that we don't even have the slightest clue about?

Fighting on the internet is ****ing ********, so just drop it already. The only thing I know for sure is that compared to AZ, CA, and other such states, Colorado sucks. Even if you're the best in this state, you're still only the best in a state filled with ****ty smashers. Whoopdee ****ing doo. Quit with this god**** ego trip, and get back to actually talking about the community aspect, rather than comparing e-*****es, alright?

Dammit, people suck.
When did I ever say directly "IM BETTER THAN INTERIM" ? Seriously. Cause I dont remember saying that? And let me see, I played you back when I was still getting the concept of l-canceling... And I beat you a few times... What does that say? If a "pro" beats people with skill and nothing more, not luck. Than hell I guess you need to practice some more if a person that "isnt pro" beat you a few times while learning the game.

But you know putting that aside. We both know this is a game. I have better **** to do than to complain and ***** at whiny hormonal teens on a forum.

I never once admitted to being better than you. Cause I know its not true. As a matter of fact I admit quite the opposite. Your a skilled player, and it takes alot to do well without a main. And Im glad to have beat you the times that I did. But be respectable and pay me what I am at least due. I know Ive beaten everyone there in NoCo at least once. And each person has given me props and compliments on having at least a decent link. Even you did interim. And I know each time I play in NM, Denver, TX, or here, I get that much better.

I know you all are better... Hell I use rafa's link as a image as what I try to make my link like. I never said I wanted to be ****ing rivals... give it a break, where the hell do you get some of the **** you say? Did I play with you guys that one day saying that I would beat you in every match? No I didnt! As a matter of fact, I beleive I was quiet most of the time. But grateful to get the time to acctually make it that time to play with you all and learn some more. And you know what? It payed off. I did learn alot. I did acctually quite well after practice and leaning things while I was there. Enough to earn honorable mention and play very well against some of the top players that were there in NM the last tourney I played before taking a leave.

I have respect for each of you.

Meleemarth: Encouraged and gave me tips for the game. And I wouldnt have excelled at all without his advice.

El_LoVo: As I stated earlier, I think he is just as good as GERM and I try to learn from him, seeing how his main is the same as mine. And, the very first time I played him, I 2 stocked him. But I dont go around saying Im better. And that proves that there is luck in this game. because every game after that he beat me. And that was before I learned l-c or wd.

Interim: You too man, I never had anything against you, and I still dont, Im just defending my home town and the people here. As I said before, we all have to start somewhere. And if I have to teach them, being the best player here (maybe) Ill offer what I have learned to keep them up to par. You have done alot for the CO scene man. And I appreciate it, just try and keep it equal on all fronts.

Chap, Bloshi, Nite, ect. : All of you that I have played, you have had great attitudes about everything, and you all seem to want nothing but try to help out when I played you. You all are great smashers, and once again, I hope we can play again.

All in all guys... I dont know what the **** happend in this little biatch fest. I merely misunderstood interim, defended my peeps here, and things went to ****.

I apologize for the misunderstanding interim, thats all.

Please give what SoCo is due though. I know we all have strengths and weaknesses as players. But unless all of you plus everyone from the other states I have been, were lieing out their *****, and gave me compliments on how well I played link, I think I deserve a little more credit than what you give me. Given how past matches have went and my break from the game, I know Im not a bad player. As well as the rest of the people here in Durango.

I think we are all adults here. I may be older tahn most of you, but keep a **** civilized mentallity and respect for everyone.

If you all want a crew match, fine, Ill work on bringing my playing skill back from the dead. But I want it to be a friendly one, not a "OMG IM BETTER THAN YOU" smash fest. Cause thats just stupid.

Now lets all hold hands and ****ing sing kumbaiya. Christ... N UFF with *****ing and moaning. Thats for my girlfiend.

Added note for gits and shiggles: My main since I have returned isnt link anymore, its samus :ohwell:

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Im holding a tournament the third week of october......so im assuming everyone is coming? Also, since i live between denver and durango, can i just play on either team? i was thinking about joining durango.... or mabe being on my own team becuase i dont like either durango or denver because they each have a D in their name. Joey and I shall represent jiggas!

But anyways, my tournament is in the third week of october, so i need help with tv's and cubes!

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I <3 you too, Rafa.

The Fall Fighter Frenzy isn't until November. I'm sure you guys can organize a carpool and a crew by that time. I didn't just beat him once with one character. I beat him every time except for maybe once or twice, and normally by the margin of 2-3 stock.

And this isn't Street Fighter, or GG, or anything else. If you won, it's because you played better. That's why items are turned off, so scrubs don't get lucky and beat pros. Smash isn't a game of "oh he got lucky that round". It's a game of "they played better than me that round". Ken doesn't lose to scrubs, Chu doesn't, hell... no pros lose to people that just picked up a character. It's not a game where button mashing works.

Now, once again, I wasn't stating that I was greater than Textbook at this game, or even seriously stating that NorCO>>>SoCO. However, if you're so adamant about pushing the issue and trying to prove whatever inane point you have, fine. I'll simply state that we're better, and if I were to drive 5+ hours to go play SSBM, I'd either go to Kansas, AZ, or UT, where there are either a bunch/few great smashers, or people that I just get along with. I'm not going to waste my time and money on a bunch of cocky scrubs. Happy? I just bashed Southern Colorado, and actually claimed that you guys suck. What are we going to do about it? Argue some more about things that we don't even have the slightest clue about?

Fighting on the internet is ****ing ********, so just drop it already. The only thing I know for sure is that compared to AZ, CA, and other such states, Colorado sucks. Even if you're the best in this state, you're still only the best in a state filled with ****ty smashers. Whoopdee ****ing doo. Quit with this god**** ego trip, and get back to actually talking about the community aspect, rather than comparing e-*****es, alright?

Dammit, people suck.

I merely said that when a good player plays a good player either can beat each other. The better player has a better chance. Ken has lost before but he is still considered the best. By your way of explanation Ken is not the best because he lost before. So that means he was outplayed and if he was outplayed he is not the best. I mean no disrespect to you I just don't think that smash is 100% skill. Majority of it is but if a good player gets someone into a combo that is better then them they will knock them out.

I never said anything about a pro playing a scrub. I never said I was better then you either I know I am not I haven't played for years. I never once said how good I was and how uber my skillz were. I haven't seen anyone in durango say that we are better then you we just wish that we are looked at as a smash player not a scrub.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I merely said that when a good player plays a good player either can beat each other. The better player has a better chance. Ken has lost before but he is still considered the best. By your way of explanation Ken is not the best because he lost before. So that means he was outplayed and if he was outplayed he is not the best. I mean no disrespect to you I just don't think that smash is 100% skill. Majority of it is but if a good player gets someone into a combo that is better then them they will knock them out.

I never said anything about a pro playing a scrub. I never said I was better then you either I know I am not I haven't played for years. I never once said how good I was and how uber my skillz were. I haven't seen anyone in durango say that we are better then you we just wish that we are looked at as a smash player not a scrub.
Skill + Tiers >>>>> Skill

I have no idea what I'm talking about

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ken was not the better player in the sets he lost. Whether he was sandbagging, sick, or simply not able to win, he lost because he wasn't the better player in those sets. No game is 100% skill, but there's no real luck in SSBM. Yes, Textbook did beat me a few times, and yes, I was playing to learn, rather than to win (honestly, who picks Ness when playing to win?), but he was the better player in the matches he won. Still, come tourney time, he won't take a set from me, I think.

Textbook, I wasn't saying that you were insinuating you were better. Hell, in general, I was just annoyed with Duha. However, I said your Link was "decent". That means you don't Iceburgh everything, is all. The pot shots at age/hormones were kinda ********, IMHO, as was Vic asking if he could be a part of the Durango crew. He's nowhere near halfway between the two of us. That's like me asking if I could join KS in a crew battle because I'm halfway between Aurora and Kansas.

At any rate, I'm going to refrain from saying much more until I recover from whatever sickness is currently owning my body. I can be a bit of an ******* when I'm sick, and I'd rather not have crap get really heated because of it.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Ken was not the better player in the sets he lost. Whether he was sandbagging, sick, or simply not able to win, he lost because he wasn't the better player in those sets. No game is 100% skill, but there's no real luck in SSBM. Yes, Textbook did beat me a few times, and yes, I was playing to learn, rather than to win (honestly, who picks Ness when playing to win?), but he was the better player in the matches he won. Still, come tourney time, he won't take a set from me, I think.

Textbook, I wasn't saying that you were insinuating you were better. Hell, in general, I was just annoyed with Duha. However, I said your Link was "decent". That means you don't Iceburgh everything, is all. The pot shots at age/hormones were kinda ********, IMHO, as was Vic asking if he could be a part of the Durango crew. He's nowhere near halfway between the two of us. That's like me asking if I could join KS in a crew battle because I'm halfway between Aurora and Kansas.

At any rate, I'm going to refrain from saying much more until I recover from whatever sickness is currently owning my body. I can be a bit of an ******* when I'm sick, and I'd rather not have crap get really heated because of it.

Alright, done, and done. No more bickering now... and sorry for the age/hormonal comments. Textbook upset = stupid comments.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know what I said pissed you off so bad owell who cares. Im not as good as you and if you are still mad sorry and i still can't make november unless it is during the week of thanksgiving.

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
I can't do anything thing the third week of October because thats when my parents are going to Cali to meet Tiger Woods, be in a contest, and some other stuff. They get back on Saturday so there is a slight chance but its doubtful.

It seems I'm no longer the only Samus so I'm going play guitar, write poetry, and go cut myself.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Fall Colors Tournament(date undecided)

I can't do anything thing the third week of October because thats when my parents are going to Cali to meet Tiger Woods, be in a contest, and some other stuff. They get back on Saturday so there is a slight chance but its doubtful.

It seems I'm no longer the only Samus so I'm going play guitar, write poetry, and go cut myself.
I LOVE YOU!!!! congratz, your the first one to respond to my tournament!!!
Alright, what date will work best for you?!?! guys, if we want everyone to come, your gonna have to shout out dates in october that work the best!!! im serious, get motivated about this tournament!! start posting whether or not you can bring tv's and cubes because im going to need them. Also, im gonna try and get the 30 nubsauces at my school to come to this so we can raise the prize money!
Anyways post what dates work and if you can come or not!! then also post if you think i should make a thread for this tournament......

EDIT- this is not a ranking tournament and the rules and all the stuff will be posted in the next 2 days....

the Marronator

Smash Ace

I approve of this statement :)

And Victor, I could bring a cube if you need it. If you give me the date well ahead enough, it will be easy to plan for.

Why don't you make a thread for your tournament so we can discuss things there?

Imposter Professor Ken

Smash Apprentice
I approve of this statement :)

And Victor, I could bring a cube if you need it. If you give me the date well ahead enough, it will be easy to plan for.

Why don't you make a thread for your tournament so we can discuss things there?
no you not alowed to approve ANYTHING only rafa and taj can

Supa Sami

Smash Rookie
lol yay i beat InterimOfZeal swd'ing samus by just using homing missles what a loser, InterimOfZeal you need to watch more vids of HugS, because you try to play like Wes but you just can't.

some of the guys are really cool i love you guys <333 and you are just so funny =D
if any of the other smashers are able to help me get better im interested :)
oh and here is a pic of me

Fury

Smash Apprentice

hey hey hey, dont hate on the ness game bia bia. Cuase if you dont watch yourself i might actually take ness through a magical rainbow and power up and pwn you(i said maybe, prolly wont happen anytime soon, but ness pwns dont hate)

i would say sami is hott, but ummm ya i thought about it and no ;) PWNED

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Hm i just read sami's post again....Sami you want to get better? ive taken in a few apprentices like Arabian Killa and El_LoVo and they've turned out a lot better from when they started. So if you want, im up to trainin you and teaching you mindgame etc. The thing is, you said your parents are paranoid about you going to places they dont know....so you'd have to make some way so that it is ok.

Guys, dont forget to start posting your information on when you can attend the tournament. So far im shooting for the 28th of October...does that work for everyone?
EDIT-First one to post in my tournament thread will get a prize!!!
Dont forget to post dates you want, money matches etc!!!http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=85595

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Rofl sami you dating anyone?!? mabe we could meet at a smashfest soon or something?

EDIT-how old are you? oh, you still up for some training? ive played some **** good samuses before...ive played hugs for example!

Duha

Smash Journeyman
sami ur hot! i figured i should say it cuz no one else has and cuz its true.
I am 21 years old i perfer not to be like R.Kelly by making myself become attracted to girls under 18. That is just wrong. But sami you should let me get at your number and we could hang out sometime....jk playing im playing.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Top Bottom