• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'll post the location, along with the ruleset we'll be using this tournament, tonight. BTW, playing as Victor or Rafa is against the rules. They're tournament banned. **** broken characters. T_T

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
El_LoVo said:
All you ****ers better cross you're fingers and toes cuz tommorrow at E3 they better show some new smash pics eh.

anyways chap and i were discussing this and we came to the conclusion that it would go something like this.

someguy: so what is the unrevealed detail about the Wii control?

Miyamoto: well, not only is it a videogame control, it is also a pen * he proceeds to click a small buttona nd the tip of a pen pops out of the top*
How dare you make fun of the Wii's controller! Even if I can totally see it doing that XD

Btw Chap, I don't watch Retarted rated movies, inside joke'd/10!

Chap (The 8th Light)

Smash Apprentice
spiritdragon said:
How dare you make fun of the Wii's controller! Even if I can totally see it doing that XD

Btw Chap, I don't watch Retarted rated movies, inside joke'd/10!
ohh I forgot you're a little kid and can only watch G rated movies .....BURN

the Marronator

Smash Ace
stealth Beaner said:
where is the tournament going to be held at in may 13? if its in aurora or denver I will definitly go will it be 2on2 or 1on1.
The place is in flatirons mall, if you know where that is. A place called the Dojo. InterimofZeal will post more.

And guys, nintendo didn't announce anything about the new super smash today :( Anotherwords, it probably won't come out till next year. Lets cross our fingers for them to reveal something in the main E3 tomorrow.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Jin plays Falco now?

Btw, I'm lazy, so here is basically what I'm doing, with a few exceptions (Last Chance, etc etc).

http://www.mlgpro.com/news/SSBM Rules/1.html

However, with Dave's Stupid Rule, if both players agree to play on the stage, as long as it isn't a banned stage, I will allow it. I'll post the rest of mah tweaks to the rules later. If we have enough TVs, I might even do Round Robin pools at the beginning for seeding, but it's rather dubious as of right now.

All of you fail for not catching the d/10 reference in Ferdi's post.

Dojo Video Gaming Arena
1 W Flatiron Cir
Broomfield, CO 80021 - 8881

Jin X

Smash Cadet
InterimOfZeal said:
Teehee, Victor's afraid of me!

So, who all is coming to this, or is just going to be my crew vs LoVo?
Oh ho hooo!

I don't even think LoVo is going, but im not sure

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
LOL!!! I love how everybody makes fun of me! Yea...I don't watch gay rated movies neither

Victor: Dude, I'm a freakin asian mother****in son of a ***** ******, I thought everybody already knew that XD

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Wow, kinda funny how no one from Team Emperor is going to this XD. That's kinda sad. I'd go if i could but i'll be in Utah w00t! oh and Tony, Victor ain't afraid of you, he just doesn't want to embarass you lol BURN!!!! XD

Chap (The 8th Light)

Smash Apprentice
aww we should have had that steve kid as our falco it would have been cool having a falco that dosent L-Cancel XD, Jin you're a ***** for giving up on my sig you fcuking Charlie, then making a bad *** one for yourself **** you motherfcuker

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Alright for you gusy who herd about the secret character i was picking up, well its ness. I think i was ment to play ness rather then any other character in this game. Anyways i have learned yyg and got all of my jackets down. So im gonna feel sad for rafa since he wont be able to touch me with anything hes got nor everyone else's characters. LOL Anyways guys dont worry to much cuz im still learnin him but soon it'll be the gayest **** you've ever seen. Like it'll be 200X gayer than sheik and fox combined xp! oh and im workin on barriers, i already got tail whipping down xp but anyways i cant wait to play someone cuz i want to get my ness goin.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah Victor, I'm sure your Ness is going to be just as scary as your Mario was. Tch.

Ness is countered hardcore by Marth, just in case everyone actually does start losing to Victor. Little guy can't get past the fair to save his life.

Hrm... Seems MATF is full of pansys that are afraid of having their ***** handed to them. What a shame.

Oh well, Ivan and Smash GOD are supposed to be there, right? If nothing else, we'll just smash all day, and get mah Fox some experience. Cracks me up how we were given two weeks notice, Victor said he'd go, everyone else said they'd go, and now all of you are pullin' out.

Ferdi, bring your DS and any multiplayer games you have. Same goes for anyone else goin'.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
InterimOfZeal said:
Yeah Victor, I'm sure your Ness is going to be just as scary as your Mario was. Tch.

Ness is countered hardcore by Marth, just in case everyone actually does start losing to Victor. Little guy can't get past the fair to save his life.

Hrm... Seems MATF is full of pansys that are afraid of having their ***** handed to them. What a shame.

Oh well, Ivan and Smash GOD are supposed to be there, right? If nothing else, we'll just smash all day, and get mah Fox some experience. Cracks me up how we were given two weeks notice, Victor said he'd go, everyone else said they'd go, and now all of you are pullin' out.

Ferdi, bring your DS and any multiplayer games you have. Same goes for anyone else goin'.
hahaha i love how you make it seem that im gonna get pwned by marth because as your forgot i play marth and sheik so it doesnt matter cuz even if you counter pick me ill just counter pick your marth with my marth or better yet my sheik.

Chap (The 8th Light)

Smash Apprentice
InterimOfZeal said:

I dont think smash god is going cause my brother is not going unless you know otherwise

the Marronator

Smash Ace
stealth Beaner said:
where is the dojo place?
It is at flatironcrossing mall. Here is their website: http://www.flatironcrossing.com/directory_floor/245
Just search for DOJO, which is in the outdoor part of the mall (or the Village)

And I would recommend going next time if you can only go a couple times because it doesn't sound like too many people will be at this one. But idk, if you can go a bunch then go this time and next time. I won't be there this time but I think I am directing the tournament next time.

Hehe, that is awsome your picking up ness, victor. It is something I would have never expected.

And tony, that is some extreme trash talking. Anyways, will you be at the next tournament? Because if my memory isn't failing out of tiredness, then I remember you saying something about being in europe. If that is the case, we need to play sometime.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
do you guys know when the next one is? tha way i can get ready to go and just beat all your *****, yup, even victor's easily comboable ness.

tony, how long are you going to be in europe?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
meleemarth said:
hahaha i love how you make it seem that im gonna get pwned by marth because as your forgot i play marth and sheik so it doesnt matter cuz even if you counter pick me ill just counter pick your marth with my marth or better yet my sheik.
YAY! POKEMON! I CHOOSE GIGA BOWSER!

I'm simply saying that Marth would pwndizzle your Ness. Now GTFO my internet.

Stealth, please learn to read earlier posts. ;_;
Dojo Video Gaming Arena
1 W Flatiron Cir
Broomfield, CO 80021 - 8881

This will be my last tournament before I go to Europe (if I go to Europe...), and I'll be gone for a month. For crissakes people, get your ***** to THIS tournament!

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Tony just out of curiosity could you do any of simna's pk thunder guide stuff like the yyg, jackets, barriers etc? oh and mabe next time we play how about a 10$ mm saying my ness will beat your marth?

rafa-dont talk **** until you've foughten a good ness..thats what pisses me off is when people assume **** they dont know...heh have you herd of the thunder jacket? (cuz you know it leaves you invisible to all items, and attacks)...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Actually, Victor, I watched both Volumes of Simna's Guides. I practiced everything, got it down in about 20 minutes total, and became bored with Ness again. It's just how I work.

Rafa, Victor's stupid. The thunder jacket has a crapload of lag, and unless you're a ******, it won't matter whether he can do it or not. Combo the hell outta the lil' kid. YYG is useless if they know what you're trying to do.

Just in case everyone didn't know, he has to hit with 1 frame of the usmash in order to drop a trap, for the YYG. Also, even if he does land it, just stay away from the exact spot where you were hit, and work him into the area. Get him to wast it on a jab, and you're good to go. Also, if he hits you with the usmash, in order to prevent the YYG working, DI into the hit, and then SDI downward, so you get hit with three parts of the attack. Barriers are alright, and tail-whipping is the only thing that you should worry about (if you're a Space Animal or Samus).

Victor, I don't money match when I know I'm going to win. How about we simply play, and just so you can feel good about yourself, I'll play you with my Ness? You're probably going to win, since my Ness focuses more on using DJCing to manuever and attack, and yours is all fancy. Then you can be like "BOOYAH! I BEAT YOU IN A LOWER TIER CHARACTER DITTO, BIATCH! TEAM EMP/MATF FO' LIFE!", and I can go back to playing Lost Magic, and Ferdi can go back to OWNING YOUR SHEIK WITH ICS!!! AHAHAHA!!!

Of course, I am just teasing you to piss you off and get you to come. I know that if we were to Ness ditto, you wouldn't say that (mainly because you'd lose). I also know that when you played against Ferdi, you didn't really care (or you were being arrogant, but no one is that stupid... you're not Isai or DSF, after all). I also know that MATF isn't even going to place in this tournament, which kinda sucks.

David, I'm up for trying to set something up, but I'm not sure when we will...

Also, David, Ferdi, LoVo... hell, pretty much anyone on my crew, MATF, or that I've played, I'm graduating on the 26th. If you're up for coming down, I'd be grateful. I dun think we'll be playing Smash, though... Although you never know, hehe. Just PM me if you want info, yo.

EDIT: Might anyone be up for trying to do something next weekend, set up a smashfest, something? Also, if we set up a smashfest, do you think we could have a low tier tourney (**** Link, he's not low tier, and we all know it), no money, just for fun? Doubles, too?

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
Link is lowest of the low, lol, and he would go in a low tier tourney.
i'd be up for going somewhere cuz my house is pretty small

the trailer for ssbb is badass

meleemarth

Smash Ace
tony just shut up cuz im not going and stop talkin **** about my ness. ps lets still do the money match cuz i told simna ibn sind ima tape it just for him xp

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I'd definitely be up for a low tier tourney. My Yoshi is ready to go against some more people! My basement is small too, and I can't travel very far, so could we have it somewhere closer than Aurora please!!!!!

You mean the weekend of the 20th right? I think Textbook ninja said something about being up here around that time so maybe we could get him to come...I don't know I'm not him, so I wouldn't know his schedule.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
hey my chances of going to this tournament just went up.
from what i can tell the only people going so far are tony and david.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
InterimOfZeal said:
Actually, Victor, I watched both Volumes of Simna's Guides. I practiced everything, got it down in about 20 minutes total, and became bored with Ness again. It's just how I work.

Rafa, Victor's stupid. The thunder jacket has a crapload of lag, and unless you're a ******, it won't matter whether he can do it or not. Combo the hell outta the lil' kid. YYG is useless if they know what you're trying to do.

Just in case everyone didn't know, he has to hit with 1 frame of the usmash in order to drop a trap, for the YYG. Also, even if he does land it, just stay away from the exact spot where you were hit, and work him into the area. Get him to wast it on a jab, and you're good to go. Also, if he hits you with the usmash, in order to prevent the YYG working, DI into the hit, and then SDI downward, so you get hit with three parts of the attack. Barriers are alright, and tail-whipping is the only thing that you should worry about (if you're a Space Animal or Samus).
Wrong on all accounts...

There is a 9 frame window(not 1) for setting the yyg which is very good. Its about as easy to do as going up to your opponent and using any smash attack and thats when you dont combo into it at which time there are tons of ways for them to end up on your yoyo. Ness can yyg you and jacket before you are able to force him to jab in any way. That DI-SDI only works if you are playing Mewtwo and you are under 6% and only if you hit mewtwo so that his back is to you after you hit him which can happen but virtually never does. Barriers are AWESOME and tail-whipping is just the tip of the iceberg. It sounds to me like you are doing the yyg as shown in Volume 1; that is the hard way. As shown in Volume 2 the yyg pops the opponent up high and away and doesn't have percent restrictions like the other way.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
LMFAO!

Simna just came into the Colorado thread and owned my face, wtf? Simna, do you search your own name every night, or what? XD

Guess I'll hafta brush up on my Ness again, eh?

Top Bottom