• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Bees!

Smash Ace
I enjoy it I just don't enjoy it as much as Brawl due to lack of interesting characters to me(I dont enjoy Fox, Marth, Sheik or Falco and EVERYONE plays Falcon). Also the characters I enjoy most are pretty awful(not even fun to play) But at least ICs holds my attention. Plus I could always play Link as well and just upB edgeguard all day XD

Steam

Smash Hero
I enjoy it I just don't enjoy it as much as Brawl due to lack of interesting characters to me(I dont enjoy Fox, Marth, Sheik or Falco and EVERYONE plays Falcon).
better than metnitemetnitemetnite

@espy- wat. I dunno about you but to me brawl seems like a slow, campy version of melee with metnites

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
I had a lot of fun meeting everyone. I can't wait till I stop getting dizzy from the lack of oxygen while I play. D:
Glad that things are going well Ran. :) Ouch on dizzy though :/

2009 Supercon some Korean players came for SC4 nationals and one of them passed out because of the altitude so I believe it. In fact where I live is about 7000 feet above sea level.
0_o I never knew that happened...

Yea, there's about twenty percent less oxygen here compared to what most people are used to if they are from the coast. Must acclimate. I'm going to die in the gym tomorrow.
^this
do your best in gym...

In other news, I'm going to start my classes at UCD in 2 weeks. I'm so excited, but i hope to come by for events
inb4urthenextdave

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Can we not be scrubs? Can we be that state that bans Meta Knight, but is really more "meh" about him? I would love us so much.

Bees!

Smash Ace
lol if only anyone could be "meh" about something that they want banned. Then they probably wouldn't want to ban it in the first place.

Steam

Smash Hero
I'm pretty meh about him. he's gay but I appreciate the free wins he gives me while I don't have to work too hard... so I don't get mentally fatigued or anything : D

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not sure why wanting something banned automatically makes you a scrub.

I hated meta knight before it was cool.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Not hating Meta Knight, just the complaining.

It would be so beautiful if we were the state that bans him, but no one really gives a ****. Would love forever. We wouldn't be like NM at all.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah but I can't help but give a ****.
I've wanted him gone since forever, and honestly until last month I was 99% sure it would never ever happen under any circumstances.
And now that it is happening, I feel like I should be free to give a ****.
inb4 i'm a scrub that just posts a lot and shouldn't get an opinion.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
There are many things I hate that I don't constantly post about.

How about, MK is welcome at our tournaments, but he may not enter.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Right come to think of it nobody complained about him in the first place. Unless I missed the post. I know someone made fun of Steam(which is pretty commonXD) but that was it.

Anyways...here is a velociraptor

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Or we could just hand out small cardboard squares to all MK mains. And require them to glue it onto the contact plate on the circuit board directly underneath the B button in their controllers.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That is a sexy velociraptor.

firefox keeps telling me i'm misspelling velocipede.
i hope to god that doesn't actually exist...

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Welp, now that Ran is a part of the BRC can he even hold mk banned tournaments anymore? Pretty sure that's against the rules...

-Ran

Smash Master
It isn't against the rules of the RC to host MK banned events. As I told you all, I don't see the bat being around much longer. There's entirely too much momentum at this point to remove the character in so many different sectors of the Smash Scene.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I mean isn't it against the rules to not use their exact ruleset?

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
No, it just can't be featured on both AiB and Smash Boards.

Who cares anyways? What are they going to do?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
They kind of did actually lol.

Threads made on the subject get locked immediately.

No, it just can't be featured on both AiB and Smash Boards.

Who cares anyways? What are they going to do?
They'll give you an imaginary red card.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Red cards only really hurt players who are proactive enough to travel cross-country for tournaments anyways.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
So much melee hate in this thread, even from some people I used to enjoy playing melee with. Bummer guys. That's the way you wanna go, I won't stop you.

Jamaal, I'm not sure what I'm doing that weekend yet, but as it approaches I'll let you know if I think I can make it! :D

I dictated the Red/blue pokemon theme song so I can play it, and I'm gonna work on memorizing a bunch of video game songs from here on out as well. Too much of a gamer not to be able to play video game music on my instrument, methinks.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Most of the hate is coming from oos. actually. I really like Melee. in fighting games its my top 3. Its just due to lack of interesting characters that are remotely viable(even mid tier) I play Brawl because I enjoy the characters I like more.(Kirby, Diddy, ROB, ect) Where as I have tried all of top, high and mid tier and I don't really enjoy anyone of them except Falcon(who is too overused) and ICs(Which nobody uses)
For me I usually pick characters that aren't seen very often but aren't **** awful tier. But most importantly I have to enjoy the character as well as like them.
/end lengthy unnecessary explanation

But ya I don't hate melee. In fact I want to get more serious with it. In fact I would love to get plugged into melee scene in CO like I am with Brawl.

-Ran

Smash Master
I enjoy both games, I'm just significantly better at Brawl since I didn't pick up Melee until a year or two ago.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't HATE Melee.
I just don't care about it anymore because Brawl is so much more enjoyable to me.

-Ran

Smash Master
I think I just found our major event venue. I was talking with the owner of the Gameshack [Brian] and he seemed incredibly keen on the idea since it's a way for him to advertise his new business that's opening next month. I took a tour of the building and it is -massive.- He even offered the use of the internet for streaming, etc.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie I often get you and Espy confused when not paying close attention. Mainly the avatar. Not the posting style.

Top Bottom