• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Ok, I have decided to have singles and doubles on Friday and if one does not get done we will continue into Saturday. Our goal is to get both done on Friday. Let's get it crackin for the FFF team tourney. This is going to be hella fun!!

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. I'm not making singles the primary because that is what CCCT is before. Team will be the focus on Friday. This is what I am seeing:

Doubles and Singles - Friday
Crews, MM, casuals - Saturday

Does that work for eveyone?

Know a lot of people are coming for singles but it has been known for A VERY LONG time that this is a team tournament primary. Singles can happen but not before doubles. If singles and doubles want to happen at the same time that's fine with me because we will have the TV's do it on Friday. We will have 17 TV's on Friday. 3 of them will be dedicated to Sc3 and Naurto and 4 of them will be used for casual games upstairs. So that leaves 10 TV's for Smash!! It can be done if we get the GC that we need.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
hi.

im in boulder for thanksgiving break.

ive only played one good player, so i might get my ass kicked.

but it would still be fun to play some new blood.

i live on 740 university avenue, but will most likely be spending my time in the library working on my paper.

send me a PM if you want to play.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
hi.

im in boulder for thanksgiving break.

ive only played one good player, so i might get my ass kicked.

but it would still be fun to play some new blood.

i live on university avenue, but will most likely be spending my time in the library working on my paper.

send me a PM if you want to play.
Are you going to the FFF? Cause idk but maybe Bloshi/TLHM/The marronator can get you a ride if you're going.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Yay another person in Boulder! Go to the FFF tommorow, and I could pick you up.

Hey Takumi/David, what are your plans for tommorow? Do you need a ride or anything? (are you even coming?)

I'll need those who I'm picking up's addresses, so post by tommorow morning and I can do it.

I'm so excited!

TLHM

Smash Cadet
Yay another person in Boulder! Go to the FFF tommorow, and I could pick you up.

Hey Takumi/David, what are your plans for tommorow? Do you need a ride or anything? (are you even coming?)

I'll need those who I'm picking up's addresses, so post by tommorow morning and I can do it.

I'm so excited!
I'll come if I can get a ride. What time are you going?

TLHM

Smash Cadet
well...Ben hasn't posted yet.

I'm guessing you aren't going to be leaving til sometime later than, say 8 or 9 in the morning, so it should be fine.

I R @ 1665 Lombardy Dr. you've been here before. yup.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Ok sorry for not replying but I guess I'll just pick up Takumi since the last news from David was bad, and Zenjamin hasn't given me any address or answer or anything.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
did you send me a PM that i didn't get or something?

i know that the C3 is today but i still don't know what the FFF is. is it the same thing?

probably is, you guys have probability already left. so i guss ill just stay here today.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Fun tourney. Especially the venue. It was so big and had plenty of TVs. Can we get that place again some time DFG? OK shout-outs:

David: Good teaming with ya. Hope next time we don't get team Danger f-ing Doom twice like we've done in two consecutive tournies, then maybe we could place.

Takumi: Maybe I'll pick up another character so you could practice against another character that you're bad against. Knowing how to play Yoshi doesn't do much for your game.

Tim: Haha, Ness is broken. Learn to YYG! It'd be awesome! How long are you staying? Maybe you'll get to go to some more tournies.

Ferdi: What?! He came back?! But..but how?! Why?

Tony: I might get a secondary just so you are a afeard to counterpick me all the time <<

Irvine (spelled right?): I dislike Fox, and I'm shine-spike proof. How much would I dislike him if I wasn't Yoshi?

Rafa: I only played you in teams, and now I know, sometime there comes apoint in a man's life where he has to choose Puff.

Christian: See above.

Heibrahi(spelled right?): I didn't see you play in the tourney that much, but I guess that's good news for me judging by how hard of a time I have against Falcon.

Jeris: I know you don't read these boards that much (at all?) but gj on 2nd. I wanted to play you...oh well.

To everyone who didn't come: STOP KILLING THE SCENE DAMMIT!!!!!!!

Yeah I missed people...it's prolly cuz I didn't play you that much or at all.

So ummmmmmmm yah. When's the next tourney? Or smashfest? I'm itchin' for more smash.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
So ummmmmmmm yah. When's the next tourney? Or smashfest? I'm itchin' for more smash.
My house, winter break and its already been decided that everyone is staying the night.
Anyways, sorry i wasnt there guys, lol i was technically there but i just never found the place and some guy told me it was in boulder. So i just left i guess. Anyways congratulations to ferdi for winning both teams and singles. Sorry i wasnt there for teams yo, but it didnt matter. So, how did everything work out? did jeris have to win 5 in finals and ferdi had to win 3?

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
My house, winter break and its already been decided that everyone is staying the night.
Anyways, sorry i wasnt there guys, lol i was technically there but i just never found the place and some guy told me it was in boulder. So i just left i guess. Anyways congratulations to ferdi for winning both teams and singles. Sorry i wasnt there for teams yo, but it didnt matter. So, how did everything work out? did jeris have to win 5 in finals and ferdi had to win 3?
sounds good , Date?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Chap, Erg, Tony:

What were the songs we were listening to during the ride to Heibrahi's house, it was something about a "rock out" and how the devil never lost one. That was the only one I remembered but there was much more that I liked. Anyways, it was ****ing tight allright? What were we listening to? So I can DL it or have someone send me a link to an uploaded item :)

Shoutouts later.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Chap, Erg, Tony:

What were the songs we were listening to during the ride to Heibrahi's house, it was something about a "rock out" and how the devil never lost one. That was the only one I remembered but there was much more that I liked. Anyways, it was ****ing tight allright? What were we listening to? So I can DL it or have someone send me a link to an uploaded item :)

Shoutouts later.
Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown) By Tenacious D (if you get a chance to watch the movie its bad ***)

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Ill hold the tournament ANYTIME that works for everyone during winter break. The rules will just be our normal set of rules and ill try to get some people from my school to go also. Um, start listing dates and whos bringing tv's etc cuz this is a FOR SURE tournament...

Also, im going to figure out the best way to arrange things in my basement so we can get the most tv's and things set up... I was also thinking about setting up a bunch of tables and stuff in my garage and just holding it in there. Then everyone could sleep in the house or wherever idk, we'll see

CHAP!!! When are the fff vids going to be up?!!?! ill pay for part of your tournament entry fee at my house if you get them up asap!

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Ill hold the tournament ANYTIME that works for everyone during winter break. The rules will just be our normal set of rules and ill try to get some people from my school to go also. Um, start listing dates and whos bringing tv's etc cuz this is a FOR SURE tournament...

Also, im going to figure out the best way to arrange things in my basement so we can get the most tv's and things set up... I was also thinking about setting up a bunch of tables and stuff in my garage and just holding it in there. Then everyone could sleep in the house or wherever idk, we'll see

CHAP!!! When are the fff vids going to be up?!!?! ill pay for part of your tournament entry fee at my house if you get them up asap!
How much is the entry fee going to be for your tournament?

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Hm, well im definitely going to make it $10 so $5 for singles and teams. Then $2 for food money. So total will be $12. Guys, if this is too much just let me know because if you want ill lower the price. Atleast with my tournament you know that, i dont keep any of the money for charges or anything, so all the money will be going to prizes and food. Chap, ill pay $10 for you if you get them up tonight!

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I can be there any day from the night of the 19th to the morning of the 24th of December. That means any full days I'll be there will be the 20th-23rd. But any days after that and I'm out of town. I can give rides to anyone that needs it and is on the way there. I can bring TV+cube.

Durango players you should come to this!!!!!! It's close(er) to you guys now!

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Cool, looks like victors going to have another tournament. I'm always buisy most of winter break skiing and christmas and birthday and new year and relatives etc. , but I'm sure there will be an opening for me, which would probably be just after school gets out. I'll keep you guys updated.

Anyways awsome tournament. I loved the venue, which was not only spacey but inexpencive (at least compared to the Dojo >_>). I guess I'll do my shout outs now:

Ben: Nice teaming with you. I hope we don't run into lovo and chap twice again, because that was stupid. Keep working on comboing fast fallers.

Ferdi: Congrads on first. The ferdi comback never fails, but I guess you used one up before the crew battles.

Lovo: I felt so good when I two stocked your link, but then you went all puff on me :( I really need to learn how to play against puff. Anyways nice job and congrads on 3rd.

Jerris: Congrads on 2nd and beating me the first round when we both had one life left and 100%. I'll get you next time...

Takumi: Keep on working. Don't worry, you'll get better.

Erg: I guess now you know not to counterpick peach's castle against me :D

Tony: You and your pikachu. Nice playing you :)

Ken: Why did you counterpick mute city and captain falcon? Your getting better though

Yang: I learned how to play against marth, but your good none the less.

Chap: As I said, I need to learn how to play against puff, but you got a lot better. Keep it up.

Nite: Don't worry everybody has their off days >_> I felt bad for you so I sandbagged a little in that match afterwards.

Tim: Nice meeting you! Hope to see your broken ness at another tournament.

Everybody else: Keep improving!

To everyone who didn't come: STOP KILLING THE SCENE DAMMIT!!!!!!!
QFT

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Zeal here.

That sounds pretty reasonably priced, I think. So, $5 for singles, then each team pays $10 total (5/teammate), correct? $2 for food is more than reasonable. Get a date, and I'll start working on figuring out how to get there, etc etc.

It's a shame you couldn't have come, Victor. I wanted you to play my Pikachu. ;_;

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Everyone start shouting out dates during winter break that will work best for you!!! hurry up! Also start listing whos bringing what!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
kk shout outs first

Ben: Pick up a secondary. You teaming with David is a pretty awesome team.

Ferdi: If there was an award for gay, you'd win it.

LoVo: idk, same old same old

Jerris: awesome job on second, those matches during losers finals were **** close. I'm banning shroom kingdom 2 when we play, **** Fairs.

Takumi: Keep on working. Don't worry, you'll get better.

Erg: Stop pinching me and only play your Falcon in teams.

Tony: Who the hell is this guy? I see him at every tourney ever and he never placed :/

Ken: shhhhhhhhhhhh

Yang: Improve your Falcon and stop trying to grab so much with Marth, especially againsts Jiggz(duck, jump, rest)

Chap: idk, ****ing tight I guess. Also, you should break those vids down to each matches(like all the matches we taped) cause a +200mb zip file would take me hours to DL, instead of having like small DLs that would take me 10-20 minutes or so.

Nite: Didn't play you.

Tim: You should counterpick Corneria and be gosu like simna and absorb the arwing's energy blasts to heal yourself

Everybody else: Keep improving!

For Victor's tournament: uh, anytime everybody else is good with and I'll try to go with my parents or carpool with someone.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Winter Break Tournament(Bring Christmas Presents)

When: Sometime Between 12/22/06 to 12/31/06
Where: 17370 Caribou Dr. E. Monument Co, 80132
Rules: Mlg rules
Entry FEe: $5 for singles $5 for doubles, $2 for food.
The Tournament will obviously begin around 12pm-1pm. Everyone is allowed to stay the night so i suggest that people bring blankets and stuff. Also, i would suggest bring some extra money just incase you randomly get hungary. There is a bunch of restaurants here. Um other then that, make sure you have breakfast before you come and just try too respect house rules.
Im also thinking about having a giant food eating thing after the tournament at a local chilli's restaurant to celebrate Christmas/New Year. So i guess just start saying whether or not you want to do this or not. If the answer is yes, bring some extra money.
Whos bringing what:
Bloshi- Tv and Cube
El_LoVo- 2 Tv's and Cube
Chap- Cube

Get ready for my doc cuz Up+B is officially incorporated into my gameplay! Niggaz!

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
I'll bring 2 tv's and a cube with smash and money!!!

also, Danger Doom thinks the tournament should take place on saturday, the 23rd of december.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hey, you guys should come to OHSNAP2, Dec 21-22! We're expecting a big turnout, and FastLikeTree and Forward will be there! DSF even claims that he'll go if he can! It'll be great, and I've been wanting to play CO, so get yer ***** down here!

Btw, who won your tournament?

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Hm, i can already tell that this is going to be hard tournament to come to...so ill keep seeing what date works for everyone. I also wanted to through in the idea of mabe this tournament could be the first weekend after winter break?

Anyways 1 vote for the 23rd, 1 vote for the 30th, 0 votes for the first weekend after winter break...

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yay belated shout oots!
Ben- Someday I'll learn not to be above Yoshi, and then we'll see whose DJC is greater!
David- Nice meeting you, but peach can DIAF.
Takumi- Nice teaming with ya, Captain Punch-Everyone!
Chap- If you ever pull that again, I will castrate ye! Also, I hate fox
Erg- See the fox comment.
LoVo- At least I don't get 4-stocked!
Ferdi- Hate...Ice...Climbers....So....MUCH.
"The World"- we didn't do too badly, right?

I can't think of anyone else I played that reads these, so in closing I'll vote for the 26th, but that's just me.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
C3 Shout Outs

ferdi- I didn't see any ferdi comebacks
LoVo- WE ARE TOO GOOD
Erg- I beat you sooo badly it wasn't even funny
Tim- I hate Ness and I hate you for not trading drinks
Ben- Didn't Play you but I remember being gay to you in teams :D
David- Good Good
Takumi- didn't play you except in Crews but those I didn't like
Fury- I didn't play you only in friendlies
Ken- you got owned
Yang- You're too good

everyone else- suck it

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
DURANGO SMASH TOURNY

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90534

When?
Saturday, December 9, 2006 Noon – 6:00pm

Where?
2903B Richard Dr. Durango, CO 81301

How much?
$10, or come to watch and play for fun, free!

Prizes?
1st - 60%, 2nd - 30%, 3rd - 10%

MLG Rules

doubles will depend on how many people show. we would love to have denver area smashers attend!

Top Bottom