• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

AtrixWolfe

Smash Rookie
The only way any of your matches got saved is if you saved the replay. C3 didn't have any recording stuff setup. Since you're in the Fort, hit up Meno and Dave to play and learn from them.
Thanks Timotee, excersing patience on my behalf is appreciated, I have never been to a tourny so I wasn't sure how it works.

Depending on how far you are, I'm willing to drive there.
You rock good sir! It is about 45 mins. I am going to organize a smash brawl get together of those up here when I do I'll get you on here. I am going to practice the QAC's in the mean time as well as getting short hop consistency and control more down. Any suggestions from anyone who saw me play? :D

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Thanks Timotee, excersing patience on my behalf is appreciated, I have never been to a tourny so I wasn't sure how it works.

You rock good sir! It is about 45 mins. I am going to organize a smash brawl get together of those up here when I do I'll get you on here. I am going to practice the QAC's in the mean time as well as getting short hop consistency and control more down. Any suggestions from anyone who saw me play? :D
I can teach you Pika in December when I'm back home. I quit Pika because he can't kill ****, but I still know how to play him.

I would suggest that you practice other things before you start learning QAC. QAC is only really good for defensive positional change, and rarely good for attacking. I recommend perfecting the chaingrabs to the point where you will never mess them up. memorize the percents for those. Work on getting tilts into your game, not enough Pikas do this. Learn combos you can do at 0 percent and learn matchups. Learn all the tehcnical things with Pika that are easier than QAC. Aka double/triple thunder, pivot grabbing, recovery. You must perfect your recovery. Also learn the skullbash DI. If you don't know what that is I can tell you.

Have fun with Pika but it's a hard life, which is why I quit him.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice

Atrix are you free one day this week? I can play you and give you a little advice if you want.

Edit: Nvm. I think that was the other pika I played that I cged to like 150 2/3 stocks. disregard this

DaButcher

Smash Cadet
I can teach you Pika in December when I'm back home. I quit Pika because he can't kill ****, but I still know how to play him.

I would suggest that you practice other things before you start learning QAC. QAC is only really good for defensive positional change, and rarely good for attacking. I recommend perfecting the chaingrabs to the point where you will never mess them up. memorize the percents for those. Work on getting tilts into your game, not enough Pikas do this. Learn combos you can do at 0 percent and learn matchups. Learn all the tehcnical things with Pika that are easier than QAC. Aka double/triple thunder, pivot grabbing, recovery. You must perfect your recovery. Also learn the skullbash DI. If you don't know what that is I can tell you.

utilt is most important, but the others are important too, (just a note I barely use them at all so I need to work on that myself). One of pika's greatest offensive strengths is his unpredictability. Don't feel pressed to always using what's optimal. Did you watch my match vs. Munch at the tourney? (pika vs falco) Got the chaingrab in, very important, but what was weird was I kept getting fsmashes in (got really mad at me that match) because she didn't predict me using that. What would be optimal would be to do a dthrow -> utilit -> uair -> nair, but I took option b. Just be as unpredictable as possible. QAC comes last. Learn all of his moves. I'm in the same boat myself unfortunately though, need dtilit and ftilt practice (also improves my bowser game too. That's a plus!)

"Fajita! What's the powerlevels on the hulk pikachu?"

"IT'S OVER 9000!"

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Since you're in the Fort, hit up Meno and Dave to play and learn from them.
I'd love to play sometime. Norco needs to start having fests more often. So far it's only been Dave&Menofests with Lunchmeat & ET sprinkled in occasionally. >___>

Can you drive Atrix?

I should also do my Ranbat Shoutouts.

TRANZ - Thank you so much for letting me and Lawkk stay the night. It's super awesome not being dead.
BEES - Very impressive showing and very good GGs. I'm very excited, if not more so than you are. xD
ZAJICE - I've decided you're my favorite.
DTL - YOU ALMOST WON YOU LOSER
TIM - Yay Tim. Also I did beat you! Yay Meno.
YANG - ...GGs. And play me more!
TONY - Thanks for driving with me to Tranz's. It actually meant a lot to me that you were there. :)
THE REST OF YOU - Meh, you're okay.

I really really loved this tournament - except for the horrible blizzard part. Lots of new people and lots of real and scary improvement (specifically BEES, Zajice, and DTL). The scene is getting exciting again.

Speaking of which, Tony, you should start helping me form our PR for realz.

Underload

Lazy
Pfffffffffffffft, no one notices a certain Undies got 3rd and beat Bees and Zaj

Expected / 10. *goes back to work*

Also, I approve of rankings, but only if we take the "panel" approach.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Honestly, Bees and UL impressed me the most.
Bees is hella good and will most likely do EVEN BETTER next time.
UL...to be honest, left me borderline optionless with Tink. I fell into some dumb stuff, but honestly, his Snake was just disgusting in that MU.
UL: Don't go for the bair stage spike vs. MK. I see it coming and it led to a total of 3 gimps. Just spam me till I get back on the stage.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
<3 @ Meno

Shut up UL, you was already purdy gud.

Anyway, I've been watching a lot of Snake vids after this tourney, and I'm starting to feel that my Snake is just... well... terrible. :/

I'm really only doing half the things that normal Snakes use. I'm more comfortable with my Diddy than I am with my Snake, and I've been using Snake A LOT longer than Diddy.

Basically, my Snake feels really stale. It never does anything except nade and f-tilt.

inb4 "That's what all Snakes dooooo!"

You know what I mean.

Underload

Lazy
I knew I'd be impressed with Bees at Ranbat 2 after he 2-0'd Meno first round. He was really sweatin' when we talked right before he went to play. I tried calming him down just a bit, it didn't seem to work.

I look at the projector a few minutes later, after talking with Tony (I think), and he's winning by a stock and a half, already up 1-0. Crazy.

And Dylan, we both are now aware that I don't know jack about the MK matchup.

IMO, almost every everyone impressed me in some way. New faces for being active, Yang for "upsetting" Meno, Bees for beasting, etc etc. No joke, everyone had something up their sleeve.

Underload

Lazy
stuff about stuff
You're doing it wrong. You need to be more open-minded. Freelance. Original. You get the idea. Watching videos and copying people won't get you anywhere after you reach a certain point in skill.

The prime example in my head right now is game one of loser's semis, you in a 1v1 against Nite's (?) Falco in doubles, last stock, high percent for both of you. Just watching you play, you missed about three opportunities to land a quick utilt / aerial kill because you were just so focused on dropping back and going by the book, pressuring with nades and running away.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Also, I approve of rankings, but only if we take the "panel" approach.
I think I might actually prefer the other method, the "challenge" system or whatever. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it sounds very precise (there's no vagueness when someone is above someone else), and it might be more beneficial when trying to encourage players to get better - which is the whole reason for the PR.

Yea, that.

You're doing it wrong. You need to be more open-minded. Freelance. Original. You get the idea. Watching videos and copying people won't get you anywhere after you reach a certain point in skill.
Yea, that too.

No joke, everyone had something up their sleeve.
I didn't! ;_____;

All my items decided to appear when I friendlied Zaj later. How am I supposed to win in tournament when I don't pull items???

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's exactly what I mean. I'm going by the book too much.

When I watch videos, I see people being more open-minded and that's what I realized I need to do. I'm not watching so I can copy what they do. I'm watching to find out what I do wrong in comparison to others.

From what I can gather, I fit the profile of "typical Snake" too well, if you get my meaning.

Underload

Lazy
Well, your new nickname for me, plus Senor Juego y whatever was enough to convince me. I didn't really watch you play all day, except for round 1.

And educate me about the challenge system. I'm interested.

This is how I see it. There's two extremes when deciding PRs, hard results and overall opinion from playing x person. Challenge system seems to totally cater to hard results, while panel system veers toward opinion through play. Using both looks like the best approach (at least to me).

Man, I'm posting a ton right now. Sucks I get no +1 post for it!

@Zaj: Just play. It'll come. Also,

Whuuuh. I never placed above 7th before last Saturday.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Well, your new nickname for me, plus Senor Juego y whatever was enough to convince me. I didn't really watch you play all day, except for round 1.
I liked my matches against Yang - I kept making little comebacks, but then he'd stab me with his "juicy" sword and that wasn't so great. :ohwell:

And educate me about the challenge system. I'm interested.
Challenge system sucks balls.
I dunno how it works beyond "Meno challenges DTL! Meno Wins! Meno moves up somehow!"

I just remember seeing it on the Arizona rankings or something and thinking it was really accurate. A mixture of panel and challenge might be better though.

Underload

Lazy
Get like 5 people on AIM, and get list 1.0 done. Everyone can discuss rankings publicly after that. Then maybe do the challenge thingy and update once every two months or w/e.

That's what I think would work.

AtrixWolfe

Smash Rookie

A hard life eh... lol. Ah well, right now it's either that or link, or starting from scratch. That and pika is just **** cool. Thank you for the suggestions! On 64 I could Utilt to juggling with Uair I still have some of those in there somewhere. CG's I can do, it seems I need consistency tho. QAC I can do too... I just can't control it to the point of doing an infinite. I guess it's all about control. Double Thunder I can do... unless I fast fall accidentally. What is the skullbash DI? I can youtube it ;D Is it tilting the Ftilt? doing 9 + A gives 10% dmg right? Pivot grabbing I have done, need to learn better. Learning matchups I have no idea where do I start, is there a guide? Recovery is just shield timing for teching right?

atrix, hit me up this next week, i'll put a pistol to ur pika, laser pistol that is.

o and anyone from boulder willing to brawl this week?
Sure man, name the place and time.

Atrix are you free one day this week? I can play you and give you a little advice if you want.

Edit: Nvm. I think that was the other pika I played that I cged to like 150 2/3 stocks. disregard this
I am free this week some time. I work from home, for my own business, I also keep my own hours. Just let me know the day and hours :) Just because I didn't get CG'd to infinity doesn't mean we can't play :D

utilt is most important, but the others are important too, (just a note I barely use them at all so I need to work on that myself). One of pika's greatest offensive strengths is his unpredictability. Don't feel pressed to always using what's optimal. Did you watch my match vs. Munch at the tourney? (pika vs falco) Got the chaingrab in, very important, but what was weird was I kept getting fsmashes in (got really mad at me that match) because she didn't predict me using that. What would be optimal would be to do a dthrow -> utilit -> uair -> nair, but I took option b. Just be as unpredictable as possible. QAC comes last. Learn all of his moves. I'm in the same boat myself unfortunately though, need dtilit and ftilt practice (also improves my bowser game too. That's a plus!)

"Fajita! What's the powerlevels on the hulk pikachu?"

"IT'S OVER 9000!"
IT'S OVER 9000! lol. Anyway, mind games are the winzor. CGing Falco is Winzor. (Can be done from 0% d throw buffer to d throw x infinity). So like. I didn't see the match, sorry xD. I will take that in mind however, thanks all for your support of my de scrubbering! (I invent words xD)

Edit: We never got to play DaButcher D: btw that a Diablo ref? xD

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Atrix, we need to Pika ditto some time. We were gonna in friendlies after the tourney but never got around to it...

Me and Munch are the only Pikachu players left in CO since Flux left.

AtrixWolfe

Smash Rookie
I'd love to play sometime. Norco needs to start having fests more often. So far it's only been Dave&Menofests with Lunchmeat & ET sprinkled in occasionally. >___>

Can you drive Atrix?

THE REST OF YOU - Meh, you're okay.

I really really loved this tournament - except for the horrible blizzard part. Lots of new people and lots of real and scary improvement (specifically BEES, Zajice, and DTL). The scene is getting exciting again.

Speaking of which, Tony, you should start helping me form our PR for realz.
Snow is a way of life!

It brings the snowboarding, and for that we <3 it!

Yes I can drive, at least last I checked :D Where you at? :) What's a PR besides what I know it as.... Public Relations

/cry
Ya I am meh xD Bu t you're going to help me with that :D xD If'n ya want :D

Btw Meno, never seen a spammy peach, you're unreal. I went to sleep and woke up and thought I dreamed of it. ;p

And Dylan, thx for all the recommends and good info and convo on the way home.

AtrixWolfe

Smash Rookie
Atrix, we need to Pika ditto some time. We were gonna in friendlies after the tourney but never got around to it...

Me and Munch are the only Pikachu players left in CO since Flux left.
Agreed! And maybe I can get a stock on your diddy ;P

Well that's pretty neat.
Not as great as it sounds xD Definitely worth working toward it though. If for no other reason I don't commute and sleep in 90% of the time. The down side is sometimes I work 60 hour work weeks and bill for less than 40 of them.. nature of the beast, I am getting better at efficiency however. Up to like 6 or more out of 8 hours as billable. Worst is discipline. You have to loath yourself if you let it slip. Well not loath yourself, but need some mechanism of self discipline which can not falter.

tsizzinc

Smash Rookie
@ Atrix

k i'll be in boulder this week till friday, and foco by fri. got to go party on saturday, so bummer. guess any weekday next week i will be available. we live so close together so i dont think it will be a problem, i'll give u a holler probably this weekend.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yes I can drive, at least last I checked :D Where you at?
That's great! Me, Dave, Lunchmeat, and ET are all here at UNC in Greeley. If we can find time, we can maybe throw a Smashfest sometime.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My mom has been yelling at me about how I need to drive moar so that I'm 10000000% ready for my driving test, and she's been saying I should just drive to Greeley and back sometime.

So I have a ride. :3

Top Bottom