• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I have Sonic. **** anyone who says they're faster.

Though I really would like more range and some kill moves, plox?

Ben, Yoshi has good priority, and no lag on aerials. The wall of boot makes me sad. I think Imma pick up Yoshi for a week or so so I can find out his weak points, because right now, I'm having a hell of a hard time beating him with Sonic/without playing really gay.

EDIT: David sucks.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I don't have a Wii at college that I use all the time (my friend has one), so even with the internet you still won't be seeing much of me! But I did get the game, and I still use Yoshi, although I'm experimenting a lot with Lucario. WTF is it with me and gravitating towards the suckfest characters? BTW I hate Metaknight and I predict he'll be the new hated Fox of this game that everyone plays only because he's good, except now we can't call them furry ***gots D:
Lucario doesn't suck at all.

speaking of which...

OMG DAVID WTF WAS THAT!? all of a sudden, like within a matter of minutes, you just fricking started to own everyone with lucario, that was such a broken game.

I need to see wtf I'm doing wrong, I can't lose to david! that's just embarrassing.

it's nice to know I can still 3 stock takumi's ganon lol. (i got a vid of it)

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
@Mp : Yeah I remember you.

@Brown Nite:
If you steal my Dthrow Combos i'll kill you ^_^. and My Pillar combos.. >.>

And I hope your GaW Is better than the videos Mike has of you about 2 weeks ago. Or something like that.

I took a Wifi Video Last night...I bet Youtube will absolutely destroy the Quality..but My GaW wasn't *THAT* bad in the video, I'll upload it.

SabinFigaro24

Smash Apprentice
If there's another Brawl get-together in Boulder, Denver area or FoCo in the next month here I'll definitely try to attend. Be good to play some local talent and get in some lag-free practice against human opponents.

Mpp

Smash Rookie
@Mp : Yeah I remember you.

@Brown Nite:
If you steal my Dthrow Combos i'll kill you ^_^. and My Pillar combos.. >.>

And I hope your GaW Is better than the videos Mike has of you about 2 weeks ago. Or something like that.

I took a Wifi Video Last night...I bet Youtube will absolutely destroy the Quality..but My GaW wasn't *THAT* bad in the video, I'll upload it.
@Tranz: o_o who were you? xD

and I added u back btw >.>;

SabinFigaro24

Smash Apprentice
I would have to see some serious proof that a wireless connection is adding more than 10ms of latency before an adapter would offer even noticeable benefits. Wireless G latency is very minimal, especially when you're not talking hotspots in a public area - a wireless G router within your house, especially if it's on the same floor (assuming you don't have any unusually radio-wave absorbant walls or doors that are closed) will offer very close to the same latency as your internet connection plugged into the Wii directly.

The only unknown variable is the protocol that the Wii uses to transmit data - if it's adversely affected by wireless (which seems unlikely considering it's built into the Wii) then a lan adapter may be worthwhile.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice

@Tranz: o_o who were you? xD

and I added u back btw >.>;

I came in with the OTHER shiek player (NOT his brother)

And is ANYONE decent going to be on after like 7:30 tonight? I'm so tired of these "I'm a pro player right now, but i got 2 stocked by a scrub!" matches. <.<

Mpp

Smash Rookie

And is ANYONE decent going to be on after like 7:30 tonight? I'm so tired of these "I'm a pro player right now, but i got 2 stocked by a scrub!" matches. <.<
Hm, don't remember exactly who that was >.>;

I should be on later -- am right now too xD If you'd want to try a match tonight we could. <_<

the Marronator

Smash Ace
By the by, anyone who is laggy a lot (david, zenja, takumi), you may want this link:

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...goryId=62707&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

Just a thought. Heck, I was thinking about getting one, but we will see.
Wow, awesome find. Hmm, well do you think that the LAN adapter would have a much better functionality than a wireless router? Because I just purchased another one to station much closer to my wii. I'm more than positive that is why I'm lagging, because there are like 3 or 4 walls and a floor between my current router and my wii, so it is extremely surprising I can even go on line, considering my house is built like a fort.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I'm back from the anime con with the worst Brawl tournament rule-set ever! :D

They're down below in a block of text if curious:
After starting a day late (nothing started on time at that con. Yes, NOTHING)

*All matches were 3 Stock (but they wanted to make it 5?! O_o Glad they took that advice for 3.)
*You were locked with the character you first picked for the whole tournament.
-First three bracket matches: 4-Player, top 2 advance, specific items on Low. At least the stages were fair game.
-Fourth (and for me) Fifth matches: 1v1s, Smash Balls only on Low, and I was the only one to have to fight twice on those settings, and the second guy was smarter and ran away to grab Smash Balls as Fox. **** Landmasters :laugh: Stages got cut down by a lot to mostly flat "tournament" stages.
-Semi-finals: 1v1s, No Items, Battlefield only.
Finals: 1v1 (duh), No Items, Final Destination only.

Cool guy I met there won though, so that's dope :)

After I get some shut eye, I wanna play Brawl baybee! But it seems this thread is jumpin' jumpin' after a few days of being gone. And I hope to make it to the next Smash Fest. Sucks I was busy this weekend and that Tony Jerkface had to rub it in through a text message. :laugh:

Hopefully I'll get to play someone in a few hours though :D Have another Smash Fest soon! :bee:

Igneous42

Smash Ace

I'm usually on later, but I've never once claimed to be a pro nor do I consider myself one now so...

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
alright well after messing around with wifi i found out that the connection screws up everytime the computer with dongle looses connection due to restart or whatever, then i have to go through the whole process of reconfigering the wii by deleting the connection info, remaking the connection slot adn ect. this isn't that bad but it is annoying. But the other factor is that I some times got freezeing for at least 2 seconds and it isn't possible for me to put either my wii or wifi dongle closer, due to the wall inbetween them. So unless someone has suggestions I'm going to give up my hope of playing wifi until the unlikly chance that we get a wireless router.

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
Well, I've thought about it and come to a better choice, I'm just going to get one of those usb lan adapters for the wii, my brother already has an ethernet cable for the 360 and i'll just switch it off, makes it much easier, faster, AND i don't have to go through the hassle of setting up passwords and ect for the wireless. Plus from the experiances i've had with wireless I'd honestly rather have to buy really really long wires then have wireless, it is really inconsistant unless you're right next to the router. Now all i have to do is find a reason to go over to the best buy over by I-70 because it's the only place that actually sells them instead of having to wait for internet shipping and ect. So yeah when i've bought the adapter I post again and if it all goes to plan I'll probally never leave my wii again.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Someone better get the heck online to play me, or I swear I'll go unlock things! I'll do it, I'm crazy!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Ok seriously, who the hell is using what handle for online wtf!?

Who the hell is L? Who the hell is GRIEF? Who the hell is Adol?

This comic clearly represents this

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/

Everyone who are you? This is hard cause I don't know if I'm supposed to sandbag against you or not.

Ferdi edit: how the **** do you work the SWF friend finder?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Ok seriously, who the hell is using what handle for online wtf!?

Who the hell is L? Who the hell is GRIEF? Who the hell is Adol?

This comic clearly represents this

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/

Everyone who are you? This is hard cause I don't know if I'm supposed to sandbag against you or not.
Igneous= Ignus I think mine kind of made sense...but maybe it's just me? But good point, we should add the users wi-fi name to the first page as well.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
ggs to everyone i've been playing lately. Tony we gotta play! or anyone!@!@. Igneous, you have decent characters but u need to work on not being so predictable.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
ggs to everyone i've been playing lately. Tony we gotta play! or anyone!@!@. Igneous, you have decent characters but u need to work on not being so predictable.
Yang, play my Marth with your Wolf plz?

Ferdi edit: So I know you guys know I don't go to character forums since they're mostly idiots, and I go only to disprove stuff people are showing. And today I decided to visit a few and what do you know? They're all still idiots. Mostly random people claiming they've found a technique or they're the best at such character, when in reality, everyone owns them. You know, people like G-reg, Hylian, Gimpyfish, and even now Kizzu and Silent Wolf! So as of this post, if anyone else goes to character forums, and finds someone who's good(or thinks they're good), kindly direct them my way.

btw, ****ing shout out to MikeZ for claiming spiritdragon as best Toon Link :chuckle:

Man I hate this game.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
So I was bored and got into a debate bout tiers, here's like the most accurate one by yours truly.

Note: They are NOT in order, just in the placings.

Top Tier
Toon Link
Marth

High Tier
Peach
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Game & Watch
Snake
Zelda
Fox
Falco
DDD(debatable on high/top)

Middle Tier
Sonic
Kirby
Ness
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Donkey Kong
Olimar
ROB
Pit
Metaknight
ICs
Wolf
Diddy
Mario
Luigi
Zamus
Sheik

Low Tier
Bowser
C.Falcon
Wario
Link
Samus
Lucario
Ganondorf

Every character accounted for.
Really? Lucario that low? Idk, hes my best character, and all the people I've played think hes broken *shrug* I guess I just need to play you guys. Oh and you forgot yoshi

lol but ferdi, you should totally go **** hylian. I was curious and so I went to his posts, and... yea. Why do these people think they're so good at brawl?

Finally, I did fix my internet connection, but I'm completely swamped with homework this week because, well, it's the week before spring break, and so don't expect me to be online. Just know I will probably not lag anymore :D

D

Draknodred

if anyone is up for some games I've got an hour or so to play, just let me know so I can add your friend code

Yang I'd say good games but I got wrecked, if you have the patience to wreck me some more sometime I wouldn't mind trying my peach a few more times against you. Everything else was an embarassment, guess I need to work on being less predictable. Being able to recover off the stage properly would help also :|

Anyways online waiting for games from anyone, especially if you're really good and can destroy me :p

D

Draknodred

Man playing some of you guys makes me want to give up haha, but I'll just keep working on my playstyle I guess!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Sure, Yang, GGs with the FFA. Zelda for top tier?

Drak, watch your rolling, that's what netted me the 3 stockage. Also, Peach Bomber less, since it has atrocious priority, and stay on the ground more. She seems to have a solid ground game, this time around. Fair to kill/space, bair to rack up damage.

I'm sad that Sonic is so ridiculously hard to play with even the slightest bit of lag. It's dumb. D:

Top Bottom