• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
another cube and tv would be nice.

I'm not sure what time people will start getting here because some of them work till like 6.

You can just show up whenever but it is before 10 am then let me know

Yang you should come
tony, call and tell kenny and paul to come

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Since NONE OF US was going to do it I decided to do it and get the math up for our trip(you should all read it anyways). According to yahoo maps the distance there is 1,030 miles from Rafa's house. Assuming mileage at 22 MPG highway

1,030 / 22

Rounds to 47 gallons of gas. Assuming gas prices to generally be around $3.5/G we have

47 x 3.5

$165 for one trip, not counting stops for food and gas.

165 x 2

Meaning it'll be $330 for round trip on ONE CAR!!!

Now I have no idea how much for gas DarkMeow is paying. But before that we'll take into account the $245 we got off of NM.

330 - 245

$85 is all you'll need for gas. Once again assuming one car has 5 people

85 / 5

$17. With the money it'll only cost $20 for a person in a car that holds 5. The OC3 entry fee is $75 since we all registered(remember that you get food for part of that 75, is it for all 3 breakfast, lunch, dinner?). So with that the most someone will need in a 5 person car would be $100. Not accounting food on the way, so I guess to be safe you only need $125. The most important part to this calculation is that its FOR ONE CAR ONLY!!!!

Accounting people who are still able to go: Kenny/DarkMeow/HisFriend/Ferdi/Ken/LoVo/Maybe Yang/Maybe Tony/Maybe Erg

That counts 9 people. meaning there will be a car with 5 and a car with 4. Going back to the calc, if said amount goes

85 / 4

Each one will now need only $22 for gas. Meaning that $125 is still a safe number. But since that is only for one car we require the amount of gas money DarkMeow is putting in before we go anywhere. Since that $245 is used fully on one car DarkMeow will have to put in over $250 as well in order to make it same for both cars. Assuming all of this is right, I can safely say it is a safe cost of $130 to somewhat make it for the people in the 5 person car, and $150 for the ones in 4 person car accounting $245 being used in one of the car and ASSUMING DarkMeow paying $250 for the other car. I have NO calculations for the car with DarkMeow since he hasn't designated an amount for gas yet.

But if we get one car(I'm just saying Tony's van even though we can't use it), and even assuming its mileage to be 18 MPG highway

1030 / 18

58 Gallons of gas.

58 x 3.5

$203 for gas

203 x 2

$406 round trip without stops for food and gas. Add in our cash

406 - 245

$161, assuming DarkMeow's original payment was $200 we'll be able to get in with just the entrance fee of $75. Meaning that $100 per person is an extremely safe number. As you see even with low mileage just one car is more benefitable than using 2.

Now once again, this assumes a few things which is:

- The number of people going is 9
- Gas will cost $3.5
- Mileage of the cars to be at least 22 MPG highway
- DarkMeow is able to contribute the $250(or more)
- All my math is correct

So....what was your original money contribution DarkMeow? Can't you take that $500 tourney money and dump it on this instead? Also note that one trip is 15 hours without stops and going speed limit.

P

PaulE

Got it LoVo :>. I work at 8pm so I'll plan on being there during the day. Do I need to bring a controller?

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
ferdi, we are also going to get sponsorship for DFG but Kenny is taking care of that and I don't know if he's done it.

ken, ask dark meow about the mileage and how much money he is putting in.

so i left a message becouse he did not awnser but im pretty sure dark meow was not going to even the money out meaning that he was going to pay the same amount of money that we got from NM

i thought the original plan was to split the money we got from NM in to the two cars

also tony wants us to pay for him His Food and tournament, and i dont know if any of us will actually pay for him

also Dark Meow friend is NOT going to come it was just him but Jeris said that he wanted to come someone still needs to talk to him (i guess i will )

also i asked if we could use the truck that my dad has but he said no becouse we left the car all dirty (bugs and bottles) and tony hit the muffler and bent it he was not happy with that.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
I don't think I will be there tomorrow lovo. My hand still has not healed after more than 2 weeks. As of right now it only gets sore when I play video games. I can't go to a doctor until August due to no Benefits until then. So I probably will not be playing smash until I find out why I am in pain when I play video games. I hope it does not end in me having to give up video games, but it doesn't look good. This is also putting me in a sad mood since the one thing that made me happy all the time was playing video games with friends. I will try to keep you guys posted as to what I find out. Until then, keep playing and good luck with tournies that may come up. :(

Zoap

Smash Master
good luck getting to OC3 guys. Itd be nice to see Lovo, Ferdi, Kenny, and Tony again. Plus I can actually give kenny wat i said i would give him for OC2 :)

full_95

Smash Journeyman
balls dudes. my family just gave me a **** ton of errands, and i have to go help my friend move into his apartment. i wont be able to make it today, is there anything going on next weekend cuz nothing short of armageddon will stop me from showing.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
we are going to 0C3 next weekend.

nite, no one is here but supposedly mikezor will be in a few minutes
hurry up

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I won't be going to OC3 guys, but I'm coming up to Denver today.

My gf's sister got in a skateboarding accident yesterday morning, and was just announced dead, I'm gonna come up to hang with the family, and I could probably fit in some smash.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
How's it going Colorado? Just wanted to drop in and say good luck to all those who will be attending OC3. I won't be here for the next week so I thought I'd just say that now.

Again, good luck at OC3 and hope you have a fun trip. Later!

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Sorry bout the tragedy dark. Well since dark meow can't go i say we just use the money from nm to rent a van so everyone can go. We gotta get organized fast for oc3.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Hows life goin guys? Hehe manacloud asked me to come to oc3 >.> but im not...Anyways, hows the smash scene coming?

Ill officially be back in the scene december 3rd xP

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
Hey,
someone should print out that part of the oc3 packet, the parentel consent form cuz I dont' have a printer.

Ferdi

Smash Rookie
Ah **** I forgot about those consent forms and I'm out of printing paper!!! Better get some soon...

And I haven't found anything else about the vans, still looking though.

Also on top of everything, I have figured out yet another undiscovered IC chaingrab =O Mastered it in about 5 minutes and hopefully I'll be able to show everyone at OC3.

Also, when are we going regardless guys? Because from here to venue its 15 hours, and if we go the 19th then we'll probably be there at the morning of the 20th. I think that'll be fine. If that happens then at what time should we go?

Gojira

Smash Lord
Sooo.....

is anyone from CO going to OC3? I just thought i woudl stop by and ask.

I read up lol . . . .hmmmm so I only see that Lovo is going and ferdi.......please say Tony is going......

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I'll put money towards the trip, the van and such. Also, what day would you leave, and what day would you return? I still want to go, but I also don't have a big enough car (my car fits two people, I got a car instead of a van).

But yeah, I have $150 to go towards it.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Alright guys, so here's the deal. Ziploc sealed and everything.

We're getting a minivan, seats 7, we'll make it seat 8. Bring $152, and that'll pay for **** near everything. Bring more for MM's, and some for food (though I think I already calculated that one). We're going to be stopping in Saint George for a fake tournament/crews, as well as spending the night there. I'm trying to get us housing. Worst case scenario, we have to sleep in the van that night. EDIT: WE'RE HOUSED! HELLZ YEAH!

After that, we'll be going to SUNNY CALIFORNIA!!!ug9sa09!, where we'll be smashing it up for the next 3 days. I'm going to try and get us housed Sunday night, probably in Saint George again, and back to Colorado on Monday, getting there kinda late at night/early morning.

For those who are coming to my house tonight, the address is 8555 E Fairmount Drive, Aurora, CO. I think the zip code is 80247, but I'm not entirely sure. My phone number is 720 427 8912, if you get lost/once you get there. Yang, the address for the rental place is:

HIGHLANDS RANCH (HR7)
5801 E. COUNTY LINE PL.
UNIT #1
HIGHLANDS RANCH, COLORADO 80126

But it would be easier if you just came here tonight.

SO YEAH! ROCK THE **** ON!

EDIT#2: Chap can go **** himself. His spoilers were wrong and left me disappointed.

EDIT#3: So can Bloshi.

EDIT#4: So can Nite.

EDIT#5: And in case you're doubting my calculations, here we go.

2100 miles

2100/19 (worst case miles per gallon)= approx 112

112 x $4 (worst case average gas per gallon)= approx $442.10

442.10+385.14= approx. $827.25

827.25-$150(DFG Sponsorship)-240(New Mexico tournament pot)+$100(me getting into the tournament D: you'll be reimbursed)= approx. $537.25

$537.25/7=$76.75+$75 (tournament entry fee, pre-regged)=$151.75
$537.25/7=$76.75+$100 (tournament entry fee, register at desk)=$176.75

I repeat:

Tournament entry fee, pre-regged=$151.75
Tournament entry fee, register at desk=$176.75

Bring however much accordingly, as well as money for MM's, though I think since I REALLY planned for worst case scenario, you won't need to plan for food, maybe bring a little, just in case.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Yo, I'm back from my trip! Just in time to say good luck to those of you going to OC3. Don't forget to bring justice to CO's name, and to have a hell of a good time! Hope some of you guys make it out of pools!!

P

PaulE

Hey guys, good luck, let us all know how you're doing.

Have fun and drive safely!

Top Bottom