• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Hm ill see if i can hold it then and then have some people stay over but if i do, tony, would you pick up kenny for me? ill post something when i find out tonight.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
OK! Game plan, I can pick up Lovo & Kenny but one of you need to be at each other's house, so I don't have to go another 20 minutes to get to another house. Then after that we'll go 1 hour to Vic's, I'm trying to see if my mom would want to stay so she doesn't have to go back to houses each about 1 hour away, would that be ok Vic? Then after that I will take Kenny & Lovo back to 1 of your guy's house. Then someone else has to pick up/drop off Lovo/Kenny at their respective houses. If Tony is closer to you guys (I live about 30 minutes away) then I would really appreciate it if he can give you a ride, if not then I'll have no problem picking you guys up.

FINAL QUESTION: Tony can only go on Friday, so will it be Friday, or Saturday??? Answer quickly, you have 1 day to completely organize this lol.

And someone need to AIM me /PM me who will be at who's house so I can pick them up! Answer/decide quickly! lol

AND FINALLY...whoever's house I'm going to pick people up at, PM me your address so I can get there, btw, I'll be there at about................9:30 ish >_>

meleemarth

Smash Ace
***** wtf, well i guess ill have to test out my new character on ferdi(if he comes)...or at the ccct against some n00bs. peace ******

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Alright guys, ive decided that im going to make another thread in here callled the "Colorado Power Rankings" so we can all decide what place we are in colorado. Instead of just saying "im third or fourth best" HEH i dont think im the best in Co anymore and plus there are many semi new players here that deserve to be ranked. Well ill post the link to it today but i would like to know what you guys think of it first.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I cannot go to your house Victor, sorry everyone who was expecting rides and everything. My parents have work and I have no way to get there, I'll see everyone at CCCT.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Colorado Pwer Rankings(Thread Soon To Be Up)

Alright heres what i vote and i would like everyone to cast their votes as soon as they see this.

1st- Bluemycon
2nd-meleemarth
3rd- El_LoVo
4th-InterimofZeal
5th-SpiritDragon
6th-Peach's Pan
7th-Mikezor

All other players who qualify in the Co smash scene are last except for players we havent herd of in a while; such as kmgamer, ssbm_kings(including tan and tanh), Blue.) Honestly if ssbm_kings(both of them) were still here or are still here, they would be between 1st-4th place.(i would love to see these players come back)

p.s. Tony when are those vids gonna be done?

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
My Vote on the Power Rankings

This is what I currently think are the power rankings in Colorado however they are subject to change as there is some debate about who gets 5th/6th place at the moment.

1st- meleemarth
2nd-BlueMycon
3rd- El_LoVo
4th-InterimofZeal
5th-SpiritDragon
6th-Peach's Pan
7th-Sean McFall(nickname to be determinted lol)
8th-Mikezor

Yeah it'd be awesome for ssbm_kings to see how good we are now.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Mikezor said:
sean seems better than that
PEOPLE!!!! Dont post **** like that! we need a full list of the placings you can think of, that means places 1st to 8th. Im serious cuz i would like to see how people get higher in the placings...Im serious me and kenny think this is important(not for us but for everyone) because people can have a relative idea where they are ranked in Co.

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Victor, I believe we all need to vote on the Power Rankings. And even if you don't have a Power Ranking in mind but want to comment about a certain player's skill please explain yourself. Give information about why you think he or she sucks or ownz. Any reason from winning a lot of tournaments, to winning against players who are ranked higher, to showing great mindgame/knowledge/techncial skill, etc... Let's try to keep this intelligent people. This is being made to help the Colorado smash community.

Mikezor- I agree that it SEEMS like Sean should be ranked higher than that because he is an impecable thinker; however, Sean lacks both the experience and the technical skill that most of the players who are ranked higher than him have. If he had more experience i'd say he'd be better. But at the moment, i'd say he'd lose to everone who's ranked higher than him currently. I could add a couple more people onto the list who are CO smashers but dont' smash that often and Sean would be ranked the same number, but it'd be out of 10 or so instead of 8. But either way, he remains in 7th in my opinion until he gets more experience against different players.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Colorado Pwer Rankings(**** the thread)

Hm ive decided when it is the day after the ccct5 im going to make the final conclusion to the Colorado Pwer Rankings. So i advise people who dont post to post(that goes for people who are randomly on here and have played us but never said anything). If you just say someone sucks or ownz for no reason it will be decided that your a official n00b until you can get your **** straight and beat them...IDK but i believe that people like kmgamer should still vote and same with sean mcfall. Meh please take this seriously because a lot of things revolve around this topic. So as soon as you see this please post what you think. If anything, and you cant decide or your too lazy, just take 2 minutes out of your time to put some thought into making a Ranking list and post it. So get off your ***** ****** and post some Rankings!

Im micheal jackson and your tido!

jameslocke

BRoomer
BRoomer
the best there ever was..

hey, whatever happened to all those awesome guys from fort collins? they were like, good and stuff.

2 bad they a bunch o n00bs now gettin pwned lef an right.

still tho, back in the day ashton buddy and nick were teh ****.

i vote honorary three way tie for 8th place.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
Ok, this is what I think it is

1st- El_LoVo
2nd-El_LoVo
3rd- El_LoVo
4th- El_LoVo
5th- El_LoVo
6th- El_LoVo
7th-Rafael Hernandez (El_LoVo)
8th-El_LoVo

victor, the LoVo on your sig is wrong, it should be LoVo not lovo.

i'm just gonna wait till after ccct to decide the power rankings, though i'm warning you, it might stay the same.

ps. victor- on the sig, put my name bigger than yours ;)

Zoap

Smash Master
My Opinion...if it matters ^_^;;;

Ok so ive been gone from Colorado for close to 3 months now but I guess i will post wats i think along wit reasons as to why they are where they are.

1: MeleeMarth: As when I left Colorado till now I still believe Victor is the most dominant player who can consistently put up results. Sure in recent events BlueMykon and EL_Lovo along with others have been having there moments(so ive heard from ppl) but Victor is still the only one i see consistently in first.
2. BlueMycon: This was a very tough decison between Kenny and Raphael, in the end I chose Kenny because he like Victor placed consistently high in tournaments all the way until I departed. There was a period the Kenny was havin trouble but all smashers have this it is the same as all writers who will eventually get writers block. Kenny is a constant threat and will continue to creep up on Victor and only time will tell the final results.
3. EL_Lovo: The only reason for Raphael being lower than the two above him is that I have not witnessed the great change in person from when i first met him(and he plays Link j/k). Raphael is a determined player who stuck wit his character and quickly worked his way to being feared wit Link. I remember the first time I played him I went Ganon, today however I would be weary of even choosin my main to fight against his Link.
4. InterimZeal: Again the next three are really close, but Tony is the one who stands out from the other two. His skills with a wide variety of characters makes him a very formidable smasher to play against. Although his skills are not as technical as EL_Lovo but his mindgames are very good.
5/6. PeachsPan/Spiritdragon: Both of these ppl were intensly hard to rank. And since im very lazy i did not feel like tryin to go to the nitty gritty details. So i decided that both will be ranked the same.

Overall the top3 i can see changin around dependin on who stays at the peek of their game. The next 3 are the same way and could change by the day. These are my opinions and just that.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Hey! I'm back.
Ok, heres what I think of the things that have been brought up so far:

I am avalible this weekend for anybody wants to play me. So just tell me and we can arrange something. Hope I can play somebody!

About the power rankings: I think we should hold our decitions until after the CCCT. That way, we will be able to break these "3 way ties". Haha, looks like I am last on everybodys list ^_^;

Hopefully somebody can play me this weekend.....

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Guys its important to make a Ranking list so we can determine whos going into the CCCT at what rank. Also not to mention when i get the results back it will be a lot easier to see how beat who and it will be a lot easier for all of us to know exactly where a person should be ranked. So take the time and make one and stupid being so fuking annoying when it comes to this stuff. LOVO deal with my sig cuz i think your jealous. Nick nice seeing you again lol. I did have a 2 page post about all of this but my ****** AOl freazes whenever i post someting big WTF THAT PISSES ME OFF!

Erg

Smash Cadet
1st- meleemarth
2nd-BlueMycon
3rd- El_LoVo
4th-InterimofZeal
5th-SpiritDragon
6th-Peach's Pan
8th-Mikezor

ps. i'm LoVo

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Rafa you need to get online foo cuz you havent been on in a long time. ***** where have you been?

kmgamer- if you want to talk to me get online *****.

Ferdi- wait till you become a smash apprentice cuz there is a sweet *** IC avatar

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
1st- Meleemarth
2nd- BlueMycon
3rd- InterimOfZeal/El_LoVo
4th- Spiritdragon/Peach's Pan
5th- Mikezor

Note: I forgot everybody else >_>'
Note#2: This should change after CCCT, this is ASSUMPTIONS of previous matches

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
1st- meleemarth
2nd-BlueMycon
3rd- El_LoVo
4th-InterimofZeal
5th-SpiritDragon
6th-Peach's Pan
8th-Mikezor
100th-YangFuShang

meleemarth

Smash Ace
i change my list; here it is
1st-bluemycon
2nd-meleemarth
3rd-lovo
4th-SpiritDragon
5th- Interimofzeal
6th-peach's pan
7th- mikezor

p.s. Ferdi pretty much owns everyone in this state except kenny and also i wanted to say TONY GET THE ****ING VIDS UP *******!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
BEWARE OF THE ICE CLIMBERS Victor!!! And when I use Fox, don't use Marth, cause chaingrabbing is gay :( and don't do the ledge Dair against my firefox neither!

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Well, I guess here is my list:
1st-meleemarth
2nd-bluemycon
3rd-LoVo
4th-spiritdragon
5th-peach's pan
6th-IntermOfZeal
7th-mikezor

Well, I am sticking with the general trend that people have put up. The thing is when I play tony, I usually win. But this list had better change after CCCT.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Lol Ferdi anyways good job on getting better. the only thing is i dont know if you will be able to adapt to like david and tony. Well im sure you will and dont forget to **** them but not me. Cuz i dont like fox anymore and me and lovo are going all out to kick the **** out of foxes at this tournament.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
peach's pan said:
Well, I guess here is my list:
1st-meleemarth
2nd-bluemycon
3rd-LoVo
4th-spiritdragon
5th-peach's pan
6th-IntermOfZeal
7th-mikezor

Well, I am sticking with the general trend that people have put up. The thing is when I play tony, I usually win. But this list had better change after CCCT.
ooos double post, dude David if you think your better than more people and you think you should be higher then put it up. Seriously im takeing a vote on it Friday and putting the final Colorado Rankings up on Friday and then using ccct to adjust them. Anyways dont be scared to do that cuz you might to also prove to us that you belong in that spot. And what did you mean they better change when ccct is over?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
meleemarth said:
Lol Ferdi anyways good job on getting better. the only thing is i dont know if you will be able to adapt to like david and tony. Well im sure you will and dont forget to **** them but not me. Cuz i dont like fox anymore and me and lovo are going all out to kick the **** out of foxes at this tournament.
Prepare to be destroyed by the Ice climbers then..."There's ****ing two of them!!!"

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
1st- meleemarth, BlueMycon
3rd- El_LoVo, InterimofZeal
5th-SpiritDragon, Peach's Pan
8th-Mikezor
9th-YangFuShang

I feel stupid for what I posted before; I'm never posting again.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Mikezor said:
1st- meleemarth, BlueMycon
3rd- El_LoVo, InterimofZeal
5th-SpiritDragon, Peach's Pan
8th-Mikezor
9th-YangFuShang

I feel stupid for what I posted before; I'm never posting again.
WTF o_O???

the Marronator

Smash Ace
meleemarth said:
ooos double post, dude David if you think your better than more people and you think you should be higher then put it up. Seriously im takeing a vote on it Friday and putting the final Colorado Rankings up on Friday and then using ccct to adjust them. Anyways dont be scared to do that cuz you might to also prove to us that you belong in that spot. And what did you mean they better change when ccct is over?
Good point. I don't know, I just feel pretty low on the list considering I can beat everybody except for you. If everything was going right, I would move myself up behind kenny. But kenny and you still have a lot more experience, so it is safe to say you two are better than me.
1-meleemarth
2-bluemycon
3-peach's pan
4-Lovo
5-Spiritdragon
6-Intermofzeal

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Hm well i guess when i get a response from tony about the Rankings then ill post the final one....otherwise im goin to count whos going where.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Heh, sorry I'm late, plan on me putting vids up via DC++ on Wednesday, no later than Thursday night.

KH2 has been eating up my time, so I haven't been practicing much. I played today, and my play style has really changed. Anyways, my list.

1st- BlueMycon/MeleeMarth
3rd- SpiritDragon/El_Lovo
5th- InterimOfZeal
6th- Peach's Pan
7th-Sean/ Erg
9th-Mikezor/YangFuShang

Now for my reasonings:

1st- BlueMycon/MeleeMarth

I place Victor in first not because of his godawful technicals, but because he is, by far, the most consistent out of all of us. Victor's bad days aren't half as bad as our's, and he doesn't cave to pressure when it comes time to really get working as often as he did back in the day. Victor's a solid player, and while he's not perfect, he does perform consistently.

I place Kenny in first because he r teh roxxorz. Kenny has solid technical skills, and is a pretty solid thinker. Victor can predict, Kenny can manipulate. I have the most fun playing against Kenny when we're both in top form, to be sure. So much thinking is necessary if you wish to win against him when he's in tip-top shape, and he has pretty good mental stamina, to boot. The only thing that keeps me from marking Kenny as Colorado's top player is, like me, his problems with consistency. He can be spot on, and own everyone at the tournament, or he can mess up one match and let it ruin the tournament and how he plays. With more experience, Kenny should overcome this problem, however.

3rd- SpiritDragon/El_Lovo

I have ranked Ferdi at third because of my inability to play him, as of late. However, Ferdi's technicals are getting to be pretty top-notch, and this kid is consistent as well. He plays Falcon, who, quite honestly, scares me ****less. However, this is not the reason for me ranking him so high. I believe that Ferdi has some pretty rawkin' potential, and that he'll be able to really start owning once he starts to do what Kenny does. Ferdi leaves few openings and options, but doesn't force you to show your weaknesses. Still, his speed can overwhelm, at times.

I've ranked Lovo this high for two reasons. One, because everyone else has. Two, because, again, Lovo is pretty consistent. His Link has changed a bit, and doesn't really scare me like it used to, but the man has done well at every tournament as of late, hence my ranking him here. Plus, he's doin' it with something aside from top tier. Props to you.

5th- InterimOfZeal

I believe that I have a few problems that prevent me from being place higher on this list. Consistency is the biggest issue, when we're talking about me at any pressure-ish get-together. Videos? I crumble. Tournament before I'm eliminated? I die horribly. I'm trying to work on this, but I won't deny it.

Also, I tend to not take most matches seriously, and kinda screw around until my last stock, which is why you might notice me almost beating you when it seems I'm so far gone. This is also why I keep messing around with who I select. I also lack the dedication that some of you have. I've been playing KH2 the past few days, rather than practicing my technicals, or even doing my homework. However, I plan on shelving it during the middle of this week and getting some serious technical training in. I have a few new tricks for all of you.

6th- Peach's Pan

A very very VERY consistent player, with a major flaw or two that keep him from winning tournaments. First off, when the opponent starts moving faster than him, he freezes up. Second, he goes for technical play, like Victor, but doesn't really play any characters that can take advantage of it. Peach is a very mindgamey character, and there's only so much you can do with her. I'd recommend watching Ryoko Yaska vs M2k on FoD if you want an idea of how a technical Peach can play. Mindgames are still necessary though. If you picked up Fox or Falco, you could probably be up in the top three. However, you don't even techchase with Peach... sooooo......

7th-Sean/ Erg

Sean, you're ranked here because I haven't played you in friggin' forever. Erg, you're ranked here because you're an awesome kid, and I <3 your Samus. Practice practice, and work on thinking a little bit more.

9th-Mikezor/YangFuShang/Sebastian

You guys are simply ranked here because I haven't played you enough to know what to say. SMYM @ CCCT.

Also, David, if you want, after tournament, I'll MM you and show you that you can't beat me when I'm not using you as a training dummy. XP

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Sure, I can MM you after the tournament (why not). Just like $5, or something like that. But I see what you mean in your points for the ranking you gave me. Oh well, I guess I will just have to accept that ranking, even though I can handle myself very well under pressure. I made my list primerly from the rankings at the last few tournaments , not from just casual play, so that is probably why I ranked myself higher than everybody else has ranked me.

But if I score high in the CCCT, I had better not keep this 6th position that everybody has given me.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
peach's pan said:
But if I score high in the CCCT, I had better not keep this 6th position that everybody has given me.
I don't really see why it matters
I could be last on this list and not give a ****, so if it really bothers you, here you go, for what happened at the last tournament

1st- meleemarth
2nd- bluemycon
3rd- PEACH'S PAN
4th - Spiritdragon (he was very close to winning at the last tournament)
5th- InterimofZeal
100th- El-LoVo

i'm last place on this list, but i'll still kick some ***.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Haha, I <3 LoVo. David, I'm kinda sorry for placing you there, but I put you there not because of where you put me on your list, but because of how pretentious your post was in reference to me. LoVo ranked himself higher than me, and while I can beat him with some of my characters, I didn't really take offense to it because he was pretty cool about it. I'm just being emo over it. XD

LoVo for God Tier!

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Alright ****** i guess im up to the ccct thing and im eager to see whats going to happen. Hm im thinkin since Utah is coming to this im just gonna count the highest placed Co player as 1st. Well anyways tony could you get those vids up tonight??? hm if you do i might pay you like 5$ or somethin?

Top Bottom