• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
ferdi every time i do sheer cold it says unaffected
and why does agillity matters

nice idea with the noobs
I'm pretty sure you're just missing. Note that you CANNOT OHKO a pokemon of a higher level than you are(I'm pretty sure, but if not then your chances are like 1%). Anyways, make sure to be double battling and sheer colding an enemy pokemon thats at least 10 levels lower than you(level that **** walrein up). And agility matters cause it gives a +2 to speed multiplier, and with 2 agilities you outspeed every pokemon on the game, meaning you will ALWAYS spore first(instant sleep is just cheap as hell).

i am only using OHKO on golbat and fearow and there not sturdy
Almost 100% sure you're just missing.

Also Zeela, I heard that El_LoVo guy plays Link. Link sucks cause he's low tier, I'm sure you can beat him at that kiddy table with fun and items and ****.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure you're just missing. Note that you CANNOT OHKO a pokemon of a higher level than you are(I'm pretty sure, but if not then your chances are like 1%). Anyways, make sure to be double battling and sheer colding an enemy pokemon thats at least 10 levels lower than you(level that **** walrein up). And agility matters cause it gives a +2 to speed multiplier, and with 2 agilities you outspeed every pokemon on the game, meaning you will ALWAYS spore first(instant sleep is just cheap as hell).

Almost 100% sure you're just missing.

Also Zeela, I heard that El_LoVo guy plays Link. Link sucks cause he's low tier, I'm sure you can beat him at that kiddy table with fun and items and ****.
If they're ten levels below you couldn't you just kill them in the time it takes to agility twice, make them sleep, lock-on and then OHKO? It seems too drawn out really...or am I missing something?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
You're missing something Ben. He's supposed to go find low levels to OHKO so that his Smeargle has a chance to sketch the move. The agility and sleep are for actual battles, after he's got the move. So long as the opponent isn't Sturdy, Insomnia, or have an item/move to screw up plans. Most of the things that fall in that category are so situational that no one would use them unless they were positive that threat was coming.

Also, 4 control styles. wtf mate?

Erg

Smash Cadet
You're missing something Ben. He's supposed to go find low levels to OHKO so that his Smeargle has a chance to sketch the move. The agility and sleep are for actual battles, after he's got the move. So long as the opponent isn't Sturdy, Insomnia, or have an item/move to screw up plans. Most of the things that fall in that category are so situational that no one would use them unless they were positive that threat was coming.

whaaaaaaaaat

FOD

Smash Rookie
Are you guys all still playing smash? Im just starting this ****, but me and my friends play all the time, and were looking for some new people to play. I dont 1vs1 alot but always love a good team fight. Anyone ever be interested? How far do you guys live from denver, or where abouts do you guys normaly play?

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
i live in highlands ranch which is like 25-30 mins from denver and the majority of the other people who play live in aurora which is also around 25 mins away and Boulder which is like 40 mins away from denver. There will also be a smashfest tommorow which pretty much means we all go to someones house and play smash. Its going to be here:

1755 View point Rd, Boulder CO 80305

FOD

Smash Rookie
I really live in westminster which is kinda in the middle of all that. When are you guys planing on getting together next? and do you ever Team battle? Im pretty sure im out of my league here, but why not give it a shot?

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Someone should contact kenny/tony and try to make them come to this XD

FOD, we do team battle (with friendly fire on) but the focus is usually on 1v1. We are getting together tomorrow (look at Yang's post)

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
I really live in westminster which is kinda in the middle of all that. When are you guys planing on getting together next? and do you ever Team battle? Im pretty sure im out of my league here, but why not give it a shot?
Well your even closer to boulder then. The next one is tommorow in boulder. Yeah we do team battles but the majority is 1v1s

Bloshi

Smash Ace

I don't know what sketch does...does it just make smeargle learn an opponents move permanently? I really don't get it...

the Marronator

Smash Ace
I don't know what sketch does...does it just make smeargle learn an opponents move permanently? I really don't get it...
Yea, it has 1pp and it makes smeargle learn the last move someone did.

Just heads up for tomorrow, I'll be out until noon, so if you come before then I might not be here >_>

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I got a whole new team ready for some gg pokeman wins. I've been wanting to test this team out ever since like a week ago when it was done >_> SO GET YOUR TEAMZ READY

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Guys, I might not be able to make it tomorrow because my brother lost my pokémon ruby. The value of that little cartridge is so much to me that if there was a 2nd reason for me going to suicide, it would be losing ONE TINY LITTLE GAME, yes, I am THAT emo. I'm dead serious too, games are everything to me, my controller cords I value more than my brother's life, dead serious. If I don't make it tomorrow, expect me to be 30$ richer, and dead. I just want to rant about this cause my parents are covering him up, I woke him up and made him call his little friends but they're little *****es and they're not letting me make a bloody mess outta him. Go****it I'm ****ing pissed :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Guys, I might not be able to make it tomorrow because my brother lost my pokémon ruby. The value of that little cartridge is so much to me that if there was a 2nd reason for me going to suicide, it would be losing ONE TINY LITTLE GAME, yes, I am THAT emo. I'm dead serious too, games are everything to me, my controller cords I value more than my brother's life, dead serious. If I don't make it tomorrow, expect me to be 30$ richer, and dead. I just want to rant about this cause my parents are covering him up, I woke him up and made him call his little friends but they're little *****es and they're not letting me make a bloody mess outta him. Go****it I'm ****ing pissed :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Hey ferdi, I never really use my ruby version any more, so if you come I could just give it to you. It might not have amazing pokes, but it would be better than nothing. I have emerald anyways.

lol sort of reminds me of when I completed the pokedex on my gold version and the next time I turned it on, the battery in my carterage was gone and my save file was lost. I was soo pissed XD

Lovo, I really hope you can make it...

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
I'll go then but like can't whoever is giving you a ride come by my house? I have money for the detour.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
something came up so unfortunately i wont be there sorry guys
DO NOT WANT!

David, are we able to sleep over? Cuz you know, I won't be able to make it if not.
Yea, it is fine. If whoever is staying could bring a sleeping bag or something like it, that would be great.

Also, if anyone could bring a tv, that would be amazing, since I only have 2.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
wow, I got pretty ownd there lol, no suprise tho.

meh, watever. It was a good experience I guess, but I really dont think I'm gonna play smash anymore, I guess getting ownd too much just makes u lose interest in the game.

P

possum

Yo, my name is Brett and i'm a falco player up at University of Wyoming. Just introducing myself to the Colorado community and saying i'm gonna be there for Coloardo Cutthroat Tourney on June 23. I may be short on cash so i'm seeing if any of you guys would be willing to take on a couple lonely smash players for the friday night of competition and get a little more training on before the actual tournament. Thanks.

DougaloftheWinds

Smash Rookie
Possum's friend. . .

Hey Colorado Crew, I'm actually the other guy coming with Brett. I haven't been to the boards in ages since I can never really navigate the place (outside of some awesome vids back in the day), but I'm glad to be introducing myself, and look forward to the tourney!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey, can I get an address for the ccct? Nm is gonna go most likely! Team nub assemble!!!!!!

Top Bottom