• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Are you gonna get a mini-pig for the year of the boar, at least? That'd be worth missing a smashfest for.

Real post reason: What weekend is the tourney moving to? There's a possibility I'll be in CO at the end of march. If I don't make it, I guess I'll just have to wait until the summer one. Alas!

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Is this Co-2 confirmed for sure? If so give me all the details so I can put in on the website.

Imposter Professor Ken

Smash Apprentice
no ferdi belive Lovo becouse tony didnt work on it

when i got there he wasnt there so i played rafa and chap and erg for a while and then nite and tony got there around like 10 or somthing i dont remember

then i left with them and we took the bus where tony didnt read **** he just played his ds and hold on to his script hoping that he didnt lose it after the bus ride we walked to rafas house where tony played ds and ate a quesadilla

we went to his girlfriends work (on the way there he played ds) where he talked to her lol so we got back to the house and he played smash for a while and went to sleep

the next day he played smash for a while till he got tierd of getting owned by rafa and ergs team and he practiced on the other tv with nite for a while and tryed beating rafas and ergs team (he failed)

after that he said ima watch Team America while i study a bunch of bull **** becouse he just made himself some food watched the movie there was only one time where he looked at his script and it was like for a min. then the PS2 broke tony was to lazy to get up and get the lenz cleaner so he read for 5 min. and then i got the lenz cleaner and tryed fixing it but it didnt work so i said i was going to play the Wii and tony was like i wana play too so for the rest of the day we played Wii sports

tony sucks and its true ferdi Lovo dosent lie

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Wait, so CO-2 and this spring's CCCT are NOT one in the same? It's unlikely OOSers are going to come to both of them in such a short interval of time...so which one's gonna be more important?

Thanks alot guys for introducing me to Gunz. It's eating my soul. How many of you guys play?

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. I have a spot at my apartment complex that can hold events like this. Let me find out all the rules and regulations for doing something like this and I will let you know Chap!!

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Attention everyone, El_Lovo has voluteered to be your tournament director for this year's CCCT. He will be your head man for Smash. Treat him nicely.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
lovo post your address again i might come. Here are the official rules.

General Rules and Regulations

1. During scheduled warm-up periods the winner stays and the loser must get up.
2. If a player or team doesn't show up on time for their match, they will be given a 5 minute grace period before it will go down as a forfeit.
3. In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.
4. All decisions made by tournament officials are final.
5. Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.
6. Spectators may not communicate with a player while he or she is competing. Breaking of this rule will result in ejection of the spectator and forfeit of the game.
7. Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the rankings/brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.
8. Any other sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Controllers

1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Tournament Format

Double elimination bracket, seeding based on points accumulated over the season.

Tournament Rules

1. The Singles and Doubles Brackets will be Double Elimination.
2. The Losers Bracket will have mixed placement to avoid players being eliminated by the same opponent that beat them in the Winner?s Bracket.
3. All matches are best of 3 except for the Finals (best of 5).
4. Lives will be set at 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
5. Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit.
6. Items will be turned off.

Stages & Character Select

1. The first round stage is selected by random, but if both players (teams) can agree on a stage then the first match can be played on any stage they agree upon except one from the banned list below.
2. Random Select Stages - Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Rainbow Cruise, Kirby 64, & Pokemon Stadium.
3. Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay and Yoshi's Island 64.
4. Stages not listed on the random select list, that are not banned, are open for counter picks by the losing player.
5. ?Dave's Stupid Rule? - no stage can be used twice in a single match, whether by random select or by picking.
6. Knock-out - after initial characters have been selected and only before the first match is played, each person may knock off one stage from the available tournament stages. That stage will be turned off for the entire set.
7. Advanced Slob Picks - the loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then the winner may change characters, and then the loser may change characters.
8. Double-Blind Pick - at the beginning of a match, any player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players tell a judge their character secretly and are required to use that character for the first game.

Special Team Rules

1. Team Attack ON
2. Life stealing allowed
3. During teams (2vs2) Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are banned due to match disrupting lag.

Other Rules & Special Issues

1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop the tactic and lose a stock.

Match Format

1. Each player chooses a seat and controller port. If both players want the same controller port, a coin flip will determine the winner of the port. The loser may then choose whichever seat he wants.
2. Players then choose their character and have 30 seconds to do so. If any player does not select their character at the end of 30 seconds or if any player calls for it, a double blind pick will be used. Once a player has placed their coin on a character?s image to select it, they may not change characters
3. Once characters have been selected the highest player in the highest controller port position may press start to go to the level select screen. Once on the level select screen, each player may choose their stages to knock-out (see Stages & Character Select rule #6) and then either agree on a stage together or select a stage at random. Any arguing over stages will be interrupted by the judges and random stage select will be used.
4. Players play their first match.
5. Once they have returned to the character select screen, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.
6. If the winning player wins again, he wins the set and must report the score to a judge. If the losing player from the previous match wins, repeat #5 (above) and play the third match. Winner of the third match must report the score to a judge.

OR SOMETHING LIKE THIS

basic rundown:
4 stock
8 minutes
no items
team attack on (for teams)

stage selection (for singles):
first each player sits down and plugs in their controller. if for some reason there is an issue about seats or controller ports then they will be settled by a coin flip.

then each person choses their character for the first game. either player may call for a double blind pick. if a double blind pick is called, then each player gives the name of the character to the judge, and then both players play that character. this can preven counter picking if people are worried about that being a problem.

first stage is selected using the random from these six stages:
final destination
fountain of dreams
yoshi's story
dreamland 64
battlefield
pokemon stadium
before the game starts the player can call for a reset, and then they will start over chosing another stage at random. each player can reset only once.

after the first game, each player bans a stage not on the random stage list. these stages cannot be picked now.

the loser of the first game then choses a stage (any but the stage played in game 1 and the banned stages).
the winner then choses their character.
the loser then choses their character.
[note: this is known as advance slob picking, and is standard for most tourneys]

then the advanced slob picking continues as the set goes on, if its a best of 3 or best of 5 or whatever.

for teams, replace fountain of dreams with rainbow cruise on random (or was this changed too?).

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
that sucks ferdi

I'll be home at like 10, I'm am at nite's right now cuz i wanted to get the tv and a cube

i'm home now

my phone # is 303 367 1463

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Never mind...my mom got back too late and I had to supervise my little bro until she got back and so I'm not coming because I don't feel like driving down there this late for a few hours of smash.

I'll come next week, or whenever the next smashfest is. Maybe I'll hold one.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
why? kl;lkjklhjkl
just call on the phone so i dont have to keep coming out here

chap and erg are going but i have to watch my brother

G

GigaNatis

Smash Tournament in Cheyenne

Before I begin I do realize that this is a Colorado forum, but since Cheyenne is so close to Denver, and some other surrounding towns I'd thought I'd make a post here. In about three or four weeks there will be a Super Smash Brothers Melee tournament located at Game On in the Frontier Mall of Cheyenne Wyoming. The tournament will be hosted by myself and one of my friends. We've not set an official date but I'll be sure to give all the details to anyone interested.

Right now I'm pretty sure it will be exclusively 1 on 1 stock duals with a $20.00 entry fee. Winner of the tournament receives 60% of all the cash, and second place winner receives their money back. (By the way in case any of you are wondering, the remaining 40% goes to Game On) I'm in the process of posting ads to increase the roster count for this competition. Anyone remotly interested should email me at NatayicLegion@yahoo.com. Come Wednesday I'll make the official date available at Game On so you can call the place, and sign up on the roster. The more the better, and in turn means a bigger payout for the champion. I look forward to hearing from you all. Thank you

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Zeal here: That comes close to our tournament, and the 40% going back to game on kinda takes out any incentive to go. =/

Top Bottom