• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ COLOGNE IS BRAWLIN' (14.8 - 16.8) - Big Brawl tournament (100+ ppl!) in GERMANY ~

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
Me and some other dutchies might come aswell. Depends if we can get some little bus or something. And K@os, we're gonna play some more friendlies if I come ok :)

.selebu

Smash Journeyman
we have 19 tvs as of now
and i now its not enough but im still working my *** off to get more
30 setups should still be possible

Staco

Smash Champion
so, if anyone of you got a tv, bring it to cib pls
if its a crappy small tv we dont care, it can be used for freeplay

and pls tell us, if you bring one (and if its sure that you bring one or unsure)

Charby

Smash Journeyman
Ok ive sent an email and i will probably bring a with tourny codes ( No tripping + replay 3mn + tag in replay)
I also can bring a recording device if you want

Staco

Smash Champion
Ok ive sent an email and i will probably bring a with tourny codes ( No tripping + replay 3mn + tag in replay)
I also can bring a recording device if you want
I dunno if the no tripping code is allowed, I dont think so. =/

Charby

Smash Journeyman
*****Charby*.**** dit :
staco told no tripping isnt allowed?
*****Ch*********a*********rby*********.**** dit :
is it a joke ^^?
.selebu dit :
no its true
you want to play your grand final with random sakurai combo breaker?
i dont understand
.selebu dit :
yeah thats how we always play in germany
<3 German Community ahaha

Tero.

Smash Champion
**** this.

No tripping code plz.
I distance myself from the german brawl community.

Staco

Smash Champion
**** this.

No tripping code plz.
I distance myself from the german brawl community.
I can understand selebu in that point.
He maybe wants to have a fair tourney with the same chances for every attendance.
So it would be unfair, if some people could play with tripping off and some couldnt do this.
The people on the non tripping tv would have got an advantage over the people on tripping tvs. Also some people could think that they got a disadvantage because of tripping off, since they got used to it.
(example: player A looses because of tripping and now he is angry about player B playing on a non tripping tv, so that B cant loose because of tripping; fairness isnt given between A and B)

I also think that a lot player would like the code, but it wont give fairness at all. Of course it will never be completly fair (some tvs are maybe better and stuff like that), but it will be more fair, if eveyone has to play the same version of brawl with the same physics.
You also could just play a melee tourney and mix up pal and ntsc versions ... =/ (I know, theres a harder difference, but its just an example) Nobody would prefer this, I think.

Oh, and I also would prefer the code, but I wont blame selebu for not allowing it. It wont hurt you to much at all. It isnt a thing, why you shouldnt attend a tourney.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
Something cant be fair if it's random.
I also know some other reason why ppl arent attending your tournament like Infinite Standing ( killing a player by mashing a button isnt realy fair at all...)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
QQ less. If you have a problem with the infinte just don't play DK, Bowser, Samus, Mario or Luigi. Problem solved.

:059:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
You also could just play a melee tourney and mix up pal and ntsc versions ... =/ (I know, theres a harder difference, but its just an example) Nobody would prefer this, I think.
GOOD POINT !

You could also play Melee instead of Brawl in a Brawl tourney fo sure.

Btw. I'm leaving now we will see us :)

get ***** !

There also be a livestream I hope it will be posted in the video section or tournament discussion on SWF.

!!! HYPE !!!! (Europe ftw :p)

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
It was a wel organized tourney Selebu. Everything ended on time I (sorta :p) there were enough TVs, everyone cud get a well rest at night (at least me and i guess a lot of ppl did) and there was a shower ! I think i'd come to a next tourney of u if you host another one ^^

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Shoutouts for the international players (germans got theirs on the gsb):

GregS: Jigglypuff dittos on Rainbow Cruise are so much fun :p
istudy: thanks for the noodles, you really safed my life lol. Good **** winning this and repping the ICs in the EU
kaak: Best G&W in the EU, no doubt. Top3 in the world? Entirely possible! I wanted to play some friendlies with my main characters against you but you left after just one match :(
Good **** in teams
T: You're really good at teams ... seing you + kaak beating reaper and pamaro in teams was so inspiring...I never got to play you but your Yoshi looks really entertaining ^^
Chair: Nice friendlies
That Snake player (sorry, I keep forgetting your name...wasn't it kodama?): Next time I come to holland I'll play some friendlies with you! I heard your pretty good already :)
Jumpman: Don't feel bad about losing to LP, I told you he *****. Good stuff though, you're clearly better than your placing shows but you also got fuxed pretty badly by your bracket...
Charby: Nice friendlies ... you don't seem to care a lot about them though lol. Nice ZSS and good **** at teams
Kaos: Good stuff in teams and singles, you got mad good spacing, you're patient and you punish really well .. I learned a lot from the friendlies we played.

Staco

Smash Champion
I hope you travel again to germany this winter.
I heard istudy and mr-r maybe want to.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Well, that tourney is during school, so we'll see what happens. And I hope to meet you too, next time don't be shy though, lol.

Edit: Where can I find the vids?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
They're probably aren't uploaded then. Maybe they'll be uploaded sometime soon.

Top Bottom