• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ COLOGNE IS BRAWLIN' (14.8 - 16.8) - Big Brawl tournament (100+ ppl!) in GERMANY ~

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

I AM NOT THE HOST OF THIS TOURNAMENT. I MERELY POSTED THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION ON .SELEBU'S BEHALF. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION CONCERNING THE RULES, DON'T ASK ME PLEASE.

Cologne is Brawlin'

This tournament will hopefully attract players from all of europe . There will be more than 50 hrs of Brawl with potentially more than 100 ppl. You will get the chance to play europe's finest brawl players and hang out with the community for the whole weekend!
The entire friday afternoon is dedicated to freeplay only, followed by doubles during the evening. There will also be a singles event, a low tier tournament as well as crew battle - in a nutshell: Everything a brawl player could ask for! Make sure to not miss this epic event!

CiB has its own blog, where you can find several updates concerning the organisation. Here's the link, just in case you're interested: http://cologneisbrawlin.blogspot.com/

SCHEDULE AND EVENTS:

Friday, 14.08.09:

Venue opens at 12:00
Freeplay and money matches until 8 pm
Brawl teams starts at 8 pm

Saturday, 15.08.09:

The whole day is dedicated to brawl singles and brawl low tier singles.

Sunday, 16.08.09

Brawl Crewbattle
Venue closes at 4 pm

That's 52 hrs of brawl!!!

ENTRY FEES AND PRICES:

The Fees:

Venue Fee:
10€ For Advance Booking
12€ At the box office

Entry Fees
Brawl Teams: 6€
Brawl Singles: 6€
Brawl Lowtier: 3€
------------------------------
= 25-27€

The venue Fee is obligatory - everybody, who enters the venue has to pay either 10€ or 12€ depending on wheter you booked in advance or payed at the box office!
Advanced bookings and more information will be available soon
Everybody has to pay at least for the brawl singles event - other events only have to be paid if you actually enter: Thus the overall fee will be 16€ at least and 27€ at most.

The Prices:

Brawl team event: 50: 30: 15: 5
Brawl singles event: 50: 25: 15: 5: 2,5: 2,5
Brawl low tier event: 60: 30: 10

LOCATION AND TRAVEL INFORMATION:

The Location:

Kölner Jugendpark

Kölner Jugendpark - Jugenzentren Köln gGmbH
"im Rheinpark Zoobrücke"
Sachsenbergstraße
51063 Köln

There are two rooms available in the "Kölner Jugendpark" as well as the top floor. The main room, where we will play offers space for 140 players and there's still space left!
There is also a 60m2 sized room, which will be used as our bedroom.

The venue is close to the railroad station "Köln Messe/Deutz" and is easily reachable via busses. Unfortunately hotels are rather expensive in this area - keep in mind though that you can sleep at the venue.

Take the train to the station "Köln Messe/Deutz".
This station is next to "Köln HBF" - every train that stops at "Köln HBF" will also stop at "Köln Messe/Deutz".
I will add more information soon.

THE RULES

Common Rules:

Stock: 3
Stock time limit: 08:00min
Handicap: Off
Damage: 1.0
Stage selection: Free
Item-Rules: None + All Off
Team-Attack: On
Pause: Off
Score: Off
Damage Display: On

Stagebanning:

Players have the possibility to ban a stage before the stage stage striking procedure. This stage will be banned for the whole set and must not be used. This may also happen with the help of an impartial third person. If both players happen to ban the same stage only one stage will be banned from the set.

First Stage:

The first stage of a set will be determined via the stage striking procedure:
Der first player (determined either via agreement or by flipping a coin/rock-paper-scissors) calls a stage from the pool of starter stages. This stage will not be used for the first game.
Then the second player calls a stage, which he doesn't want the game to be played on.
This procedure will be repeated until there's only one stage left - this will be the stage for the first game of the set.

Double Blind Character Pick:

This may be used for the character selection after banning and striking stages. An impartial person will be used to help - both players tell him, which character they use (in order to prevent pre-match counterpicking) without the other palaying knowing it. After both players told the impartial person their character he will call them out for both players to hear.

Stage Agree:

Both players are allowed to play on any stage they like if they both agree to play on that stage. In this case it doesn't matter if the stage is banned ot not. Banned stages may only be used if both players agree. This can also be used to determine the starter stage.

Advanced Slob Picks:

After the first game of a set, the loser is allowed to choose one of the allowed stages for the next game and announces it clearly. The winner of the first match is then allowed to choose another characters. Afterwards the loser can change his character as well (the winner is not allowed to change his character again afterwards).
The set will continue on the announced stage.

Daves Stupid Rule:

It is not allowed to choose the stage, where you won your last game, unless the opponent agrees.

Life Stealing:

In Team Tournaments Life Stealing is allowed.

Set:

Reguar sets will be played best of 3.
Winners semi-finals, winners finals and losers finals will be best of 5.
Grand finals will be best of 7.

Controller port and team colour:

In case of a disagreement the colour of the teams will be determined by flipping a coin/rock-paper-scissors.
In teams the controller ports are always distributed in a 1221-way (A team will either have port 1 + 4 or 2 + 3).
If a player happens to be colour blind he is allowed to choose the colour for both teams to avoid confusion.

Pools:

(not confirmed - depending on the number of entrants)

Double Elimination:

A player has to lose two times before being knocked out of the tournament. The bracket is divided into a winners- and a losers bracket. If you lose a set in winners bracket you will be knocked into losers bracket. If ouy lose a set in losers bracket you are out of the tournament.

Seeding:

Most tournaments seed their players depending on their skill level - with the help of experienced players the TO will try to have a balanced bracket. If you disagree with your seeding you may contact the TO although it won't help in most cases.

Tie (Gleichstand):

If the time runs out the winner will be determined by stocks first, then by percent. Should there be another tie, there will be another game with 1 stock and minutes.
No sudden death.

DQ Rule:

If a set is announced both players have to play their set asap. If you are 5 minutes too late you will lose the first match. After 8 minutes you will lose the whole set.

Stalling:

Any action that makes contact with your opponent - and thus playing - impossible is banned. All CGs have to ended after 300% or else they're considered stalling.

Infinite Cape Glitch Rule:

Meta knights Infinite Cape Glitch is banned.

Suicide Rule:

If a game ends with a suicide move like Ganondorf/Bowser side-B there will be no sudden death. Instead, the game will be ended with the Bowser/Ganondorf player as the winner.

Responsibilities of the players:

You are responsible for your controller, your tag and any mistake that might happen. Make sure that your controller works before your games start.
You are responsible for any action that might cause to freeze/crash the game (intentional or not). If such a bug occurs the game will be counted as a loss for the player, who is responsible for the freeze/crash.
It is assumed that you know the rules - if you fail to call the TO when your opponent breaks the rule it's your own fault.

Stage list:

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpick:
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

all other stages are banned

LowTier characters:

Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

these characters are allowed at the low tier tournament.

BOARD AND LODGING:

There are no provisions planned as far as food is concerned - you will have to buy your own food. There will probably a big kitchen available if you want to warm your food. There are fastfood restaurants at the "Deutzer Bahnhof".
There might be housing although sleeping at the venue is to be preferred - make sure to bring a sleeping bad and an insulating mat with you.

Material:

WE NEED TVs AND WIIs!!!!!!!

If you bring a TV the venue fee will be lowered by 5€.
Information about what you can bring with you can be clarified via the pre-registration form.

Stuff:

You need to bring:

Controller (Wavebirds / WiiMotes have to be announced at the registration)
Sleeping bag etc.
If you are younger than 18 years: consent form
If you are older than 18 years: passport

No alcohol, drugs or smaking at the venue!
YOU NEED TO BE AT LEAST 14 YEARS OLD TO ENTER!!!

YOU CAN FIND THE ENTRY FORM HERE
KEEP IN MIND THAT THE REGISTRATION IS BINDING!!!

You should also read: AGB (in german)

Registered players:

Eye of Wisdom
Yikarur
Xenn
SolaR
gheb
Jukain
Tero
Zack
Void
Patsch
ZeroFrames
Buu Huu
reaper
Relda
Pamaro
Frettchen
Sary
MC AqoCailiypze
REVOLUTION
crypto
Snoper
KAHCV
AMON
Velox
Semifer
Rige&Xave
Kunai
Asul
StarWolf
Koukin
DNL
Blood~Dreamer
Rima
Ti8us
sssmashking
NeK
2cat
Remiel
DSP
Mutzt
Semifer
Robin
Sykes
MewMewZone
Aki
Raiden
Staco
pheX
Rakum
Serpit
Luigi_player
Tayim
Ryomaru
Biggad
Bleak
Snuff
Toshiaki
Ravenlord
Makkura
Sylph

:059:

istudying

Smash Lord
At last it's in English.

Could you put this people on the interested list.

istudying, Gregs, Rebaz, Mr.R, Cenel, Gaki, Boku, Sino, T, Kaak, Jumpman & Guvano.

All from The Netherlands.

Whe will register if you are 100 % sure of coming to this.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There is no interested list. Pre-register when you're sure to come.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
THIS TOURNEY NEEDS WAY MORE HYPE!!!
FRENCHIES, SPANIARDS, SCANDINAVIANS AND BRITS WHERE U @???

Also, does any of the dutchies want to team with me? I need a team mate after Luigi player decided to betray me and team with Serpit...

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I've been looking for flights and it's way tooo expensive, about 250 euros is the cheapest I've found.

anyway, I have to do an important work in augoust after TSL so I wouldn't attend anyway xD.

however, there's a spanish player interested because he has a relative in Cologne and maybe he can make it =D.

Pookiablo

Smash Rookie
I realise that I'm new here (although I've visited the site for quite a while now and never got around to registering) but this looks interesting to my friend and I, mainly for the team tournament.

We're not great players but wouldn't mind giving it a go and meeting some new folk. It this our sort of thing or are we better off not turning up?

Pookiablo

Smash Rookie
You should def. come!!!

Where are you from?

I should really update my profile!

We're from the UK (we live in the South East) and were thinking that we'd just road trip it down to Cologne seeing as a place to sleep has already been arranged as a part of the tournament. I can speak German (not perfectly, but reasonably well) so it'd be a good reason to go across and practice! I used to live in Mainz a couple of years ago you see.

Anyways, most importantly, I wouldn't mind giving some good ol' fashion Brawl a go - I'm fed up of being limited to wifi matches. Like I said, we're not brilliant players by any means but I reckon we can hopefully put up something of a fight. If not, we can just be cannon fodder to the other players so that at least someone else wins. We can maybe bring a TV/Wii along too, although that depends on space in the car. Do most european tourney folk use Brawl+?

Pookiablo

Smash Rookie
No, I don't think so.

You should come to this...

Well, I'm gonna start planning it with my friend (will hopefully discuss it tonight) and we'll see if it's feasible. If so, I'll fill in the registration form some time this week :)

And good good regarding Brawl+ as I don't have it.

K@0S

Smash Ace
Ah, so TOs read my post on the german boards \o/, thanks for the traduction Gheb.

I'll see what I can do with frenchies.

Staco

Smash Champion
I still want Ally and M2K to come to this XD
M2K wont travel to europe. (talked to him at AIM before some time)
Its too expensive and he cant get much money at the tourneys to get the money for his journey back.

.selebu

Smash Journeyman
yeah, because you basically sleep where you play (not exactly, its a different room, but it's no hotel or anything, no beds either)

JUDGE

Smash Lord
GODDAMIT!!!! i wanna come!!!!
but it's in köln : (

wieso kann das ganze denn nich einfach in berlin stattfinden??? is doch imma hin hauptstadt^^

aba wenn rebaz und gregs kommen versuch ichs auch^^

verdammte scheeeeiiiisssse!!!!!!!!

hmmm... ich könnt hundert pro ne wii mitbringen...und vllt auch ein frenseher aba da bin ivh mir nich sicha^^

oh man ich will UNBEDINGT hingehen^^

K@0S

Smash Ace
Charby and I are almost sure to come. Once we get our tickets, we will register.

Our train doesn't stop at Köln Messe/Deutz but it does at Köln HBF (unlike it is written in the message "every train that stops at "Köln HBF" will also stop at "Köln Messe/Deutz" "). What should we do once we get here ?

Also, is it possible to have a TO's (who can speak english) phone number, just in case we get lost ?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
No suitable nodes are available to serve your request.

Is what I got after trying to register, I don't suppose it got through.

Any fix on it or anything? Registered under the name of Chair.

.selebu

Smash Journeyman
@ Kaos you should take a train from central station to Messe/Deutz
easiest way would be to go to track 10 and take any train from there and get off the next station
you can have my cell number, add me in icq or something (136770662)

@Chair i have no idea where the problem is
try it another time and if it doesnt work add me in icq

@Laem not really, the tournement is in less then 2 weeks anyways

.selebu

Smash Journeyman
Okay, little problem with the registration here.
Somehow the script went down after working for a few months.
Some of the registrations did not get through.
You have to manually register by eMail now.
Please send a mail with the following information to cologneisbrawlin@web.de

Nickname:
eMail:
First name:
Last name:
Adress:
I will provide a: (Wii) (Wii with HBC) (TV)
I will participate at the following events: (Singles) (LowTier) (Team)
Name of my teampartner and team:
Other:
I have read the AGB and accept it!

Everyone who is not on THIS LIST has to register again

Sino

Smash Journeyman
How do the sleeping room look like, are there like showers or toilet/bathroom or something like that??
And does everyone stay over or just the people that wanna stay over?

Laem

Smash Champion
Okay, little problem with the registration here.
Somehow the script went down after working for a few months.
Some of the registrations did not get through.
You have to manually register by eMail now.
Please send a mail with the following information to cologneisbrawlin@web.de

Nickname:
eMail:
First name:
Last name:
Adress:
I will provide a: (Wii) (Wii with HBC) (TV)
I will participate at the following events: (Singles) (LowTier) (Team)
Name of my teampartner and team:
Other:
I have read the AGB and accept it!

Everyone who is not on THIS LIST has to register again
this should be put in the OP, which btw needs updating.. such as how many tv's will there be, how many wii's? The way it is now i wouldnt be suprised if there were like 3 tv's in total
>.>

Top Bottom