• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collision III! NE, NJ, NY! Project M Side event!

iRJi

Smash Champion
I originally had ee and quite a few others attending, however boss made a tournament a few weeks after. I'm going to change it when I get home.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
ban double mk plz plz plz

double mk makes so many characters useless, it's really stupid

plus it makes sense for the qualifer to have the same ruleset as the bigger tourney (not sure if doubles is going to count for that though)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Oh sweet, teaming with Keitaro again I guess :D

Also, there should definitely be a P:M side event here if you can squeeze it in somehow. Or at least an extra setup for it so people can try it out, since setups are usually under control for these events. Pretty please? :3

Speaking of which, people should bring setups, I'll probably be bringing my Wii. Don't want this to end up like Keitaro's last-minute tournament >_>

:059:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Project M is now a side event for this instead of Stamina! Need help finding rules for Project M though so please give any suggestions. We'll likely use the FC Project M Rules though.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Also, if anyone could bring the P:M SD cards so we can have more setups, it would be very helpful.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Project M is now a side event for this instead of Stamina! Need help finding rules for Project M though so please give any suggestions. We'll likely use the FC Project M Rules though.
Stagelists seem to be changing a bit from tourney to tourney and we haven't fully gotten the Project M Stagelist decided on for FC, but here's the general idea for starters to strike from:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2

Optional starters, Counterpick otherwise:
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone

Counterpicks:
Temple M
Metal Cavern
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Island: Brawl
Skyworld
Halberd
Delfino Plaza

Change accordingly to fit your ideals. Delfino Plaza currently has issues when Lucas or Jigglypuff enter the water, so you might not want to have it legal.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I am going to start saying it now so people will know.

Please, Be on time. My past 2 events have started later then intended, and I really want to start on time for this one so it will finish at a reasonable time.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Project M stagelist for Collision.

Neutrals:
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Battlefield
Dreamland
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks:
Green Hill
Dracula's Castle
Skyworld
Temple M
WArio Ware
Metal Cavern
Rumble Falls

Many brawl stages are out to encourage people to use some of the new neutral/cp stages.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I like that idea a lot, actually.

Is there any way you could record stage striking data for at least some matches, and CP data, if it's not too much trouble? Interested in seeing how certain matchups stage strike and such, but if you're busy TOing both a Brawl & Project M tourney I understand. Also of course, character usage for most of the entrants would be great.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I like that idea a lot, actually.

Is there any way you could record stage striking data for at least some matches, and CP data, if it's not too much trouble? Interested in seeing how certain matchups stage strike and such, but if you're busy TOing both a Brawl & Project M tourney I understand. Also of course, character usage for most of the entrants would be great.
I'll see what I can do. If I end up being to busy I'll ask keitaro to help me out with it. Character usage will be posted when the results are uploaded, so no need to worry about that =)

iRJi

Smash Champion
Important!

I strongly urge people to be on time. I know some people are traveling far and I thank you for it. The venue owner is a kind person, and would let us hold the venue until it finishes, but I know I would like to have the tournament end at a reasonable time. If you feel you are going to be late, please feel free to post in the thread or to call me (Phone number is the OP at the top). If you call, please tell me your name by tag, not by your actual name (it's easier that way for me since I know most of you buy tag) and tell me the ETA. I know I am not going to start on time, as like any smash tournament, but I would like to get as close to the estimated starting time as possible.

Thank you all in advance. Lets make this a stacked tournament!

iRJi

Smash Champion
How do I get to Scarsdale, NY from Harlem?
I am not going to even play around and be like "I know pub transportation like it's nothing!" When it comes to traveling, unless im by car, I hardly know a way to get around. All I can tell you is that there is a train station only 2 blocks from the venue. I would use google maps to plan your travels by train, and have the last location be the venue address.

Edit: I plugged in the general location with the venue for you on google maps. here is the directions it gives:

Starting Point: Harlem New York, NY

Walk to W 125 St - Malcolm X Bl
About 7 mins (0.4 mi)

W 125 St - Malcolm X Bl
BX15
Bus towards FORDHAM PLZ via 3 AV
10:26pm - 10:29pm (2 mins, 2 stops)

E 125 St - Madison Av
Walk to Harlem-125th St.
About 2 mins (6 mins to make transfer)

Harlem-125th St.
Harlem
Train 9571 towards Grand Central Terminal - North White Plains
10:35pm - 11:06pm (31 mins, 11 stops)

Scarsdale
Walk to 4 Grayrock Rd, Scarsdale, NY 10583
About 6 mins (0.3 mi)

4 Grayrock Rd
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Just general directions, but if you could plug in your exact starting point it would give you a better layout as to what you need to do.

Edit 2: Also @ Mekos:

It's funny you mention that, because I was changing that as I was typing you the directions LOL.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Another Important Announcment!

Due to the increase of people traveling, I am now starting Doubles at 12:30 instead of 11:30. This gives enough time for people to travel and get here without killing themselves.

Here is the new Time Table for when things will be going underway!

Venue opens: 10:00 A.M.
Doubles Signups start: 11:30 A.M.
Doubles Start: 12:30 P.M
Singles Signups starts: 4:30 P.M.
Singles Starts: 5:30 P.M.
Venue closes: Midnight

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Thanks man! I really appreciate that. That was very kind of you.

And once the tourney starts bro just be real strict with people playing their matches. Don't be afraid to DQ people and have a set time for people to have a break for food. That way people don't randomly leave to go get food and are missing for their matches. You have the power!!

Top Bottom